It's always been you

By l0vemercury

♡♡♡ Natasha smith was always known as the 'quiet girl', she has a tight circle of childhood friends, and spen... More

2024 UPDATE
00♡intro
01♡collage
02♡jolly ranchers
03♡friend?
04♡skating
05♡birthdays
06♡saviour
07♡the call
08♡funeral
09♡more books!
10♡bad day
11♡halloween
12♡new style
13♡sick
14♡uh oh
15♡arguments
16♡misunderstood
17♡peaceful
19♡get away
20♡friendly advise
21♡cookies
22♡roadtrip
23♡Christmas

18♡date

3.1K 38 6
By l0vemercury

"Not evil, just hurt."

🖤Ezra🖤

"You're taking her out on a date?"

"Yes, why is that so hard to believe?"

"I'm still getting used to the fact you and Nat are actually dating. I honestly thought you two would be stubborn for the rest of your lives." Theo snickers as I send him a glare.

We're both currently in my room as I'm getting ready for my date. Im looking through my closet as Theo lays on my bed, i think Cole and JJ are getting food. One second they were in here then poof they're gone.

"Shut up Theo you'll piss him off then cry when he throws something at you." JJ says as he enters my room with a bag of chips along with Cole who has oreos.

"Anyway the real question is where are you going?" Cole takes a seat at my desk and wiggles his eyebrows at me.

Dickhead.

"Since it's now December the ice rink is open so I thought I'd take her there. There's hot chocolate stands, food and music so hopefully she enjoys it." my small smile threatens my lips but I keep my head in my closet. Knowing my friends they'd tease the shit out of me.

"Dang that's cute. How on earth did Ezra become the one who thinks of cute dates and shit out of all of us?" JJ chuckles.

"But it also makes perfect sense. He's always been the person who would do this type of stuff for her. But only Nat, if it was someone else I don't think he would."

"There wouldn't be anyone else.'' I instantly glaring at theo. He holds his hands up in defense before stealing some of JJ's chips.

"What time are you guys going?" JJ asks.

"7pm. Thought it would be better at night time with all the lights and stuff." I pull on an olive green hoodie over my black shirt, I'm already wearing a pair of black jeans. I've got my rings and chain already, all I need is shoes and I'm done.

"Whats the time now?" Theo says before i even get the chance to open my mouth.

"6:50 I'd hurry up if i was you pretty boy.'' Cole winks at me as I grab my wallet and phone from my desk. I hit the back of his head before leaving my room. I went out and bought her flowers earlier, red roses mixed with white baby breaths.

She loves all types of flowers but I thought these would be best for the first date. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous but then I remember that it's only Natasha and I calm down a little. But then I remember I'm on a date with the girl I've loved all my life and I get anxious again.

Fuck me i remind myself of her.

"You'll be fine. We know this is somewhat of a big deal but it's only Natasha. She'd be happy with a painted rock." I chuckle at Theos statement because he's honestly right.

"Hurry up lover boy you've got 5 minutes, cute flowers by the way." JJ points at the bouquet I'm holding, I quickly pass it to him so I can put on my shoes realizing I'm running out of time. Once I'm set I take the flowers back and head out the door after saying my goodbyes to my friends.

Calm the fuck down Ezra its just natasha.

At 7 o'clock on the dot i knock on her door and wait, i hear footsteps after a few seconds and when the door opens my heart stops for a second. She's dressed in a dark blue mesh type dress that reaches her mid thigh, a black cardigan and she's wearing her favorite doc martens. Her hair is down and curled at the ends, she has light makeup on too.

"Fuck you look beautiful." she blushes as those words leave my mouth. I hand her the bouquet and her smile grows making my stomach flip.

"Thank you for these and you don't look too bad yourself. Let me put these in water and we can be on our way." She walks back into her kitchen filling a vase with water before placing the flowers inside. On her way out she grabs a small purse placing her phone and keys in it before closing the door.

"So are you going to tell me where we're going?" she smiles up at me as our hands intertwine, i can't help but smirk because she knows full well she aint getting told shit.

"Nope you'll have to wait and see darling."

"Dang it."

♡♡♡

"We're going to the ice rink?! Oh my gosh is that a hot chocolate stand?" natasha is basically bouncing on her feet, if i was to let go of her hand right now im sure shes run off and i'd end up losing her.

"Knowing you, you'd feel awkward at a fancy restaurant so I thought this would be the best idea.'' A smile forms on my face as I watch her face light up like a Christmas tree.

"This is perfect, thank you." she goes up on the tip toes and brings her lips to mine. I grab her neck bringing her closer, her lips are so fucking soft i could kiss her fro the rest of my life.

And I'm going to.

She pulls away slightly before her face breaks out into a smile again, I can help but smile back. Her lips are slightly swollen, her cheeks are flushed and her breathing has got heavier. I smirk at how her body reacts to me.

"Stop looking at me like that and take me to where we get the skates." she flicks my forhead before dragging me towards the stand. She's going to the wrong stand so I tug her towards me before guiding her in the right direction.

"Right, I knew it was this way." she grumbles beside me causing me to let out a laugh.

"Of course you did sweetheart." she lets go of my hand as we get into the line and turns away from me with fake annoyance and despite knowing it was unreal, I couldn't help but feel bad. I placed both my palms on her shoulder and gently turned her around so her eyes met my chest. I moved one of my hands to her face and tipped up her chin so our eyes met.

"I'm sorry." I softly apologized.

I noticed how she bit back a smile and put on her best act to be mad but the moment my lips brushed against hers, her resolve melted.

"Fine. You're forgiven." she dramatically replied. She wraps her arms around my torso pressing her cheek against my chest. I wrap my arms around her shoulders and continue to wait in line.

After about 25 minutes it's finally our turn to get our skates, I tell the worker both our sizes and pay before nat can even get the chance to argue. I dont get why she does because she knows I'd never let her pay.

"Butthole i could have paid half." she whispers in my ear as we walk over to the benches to put our skates on.

"How long have you known me and how many times have I let you pay?" I look her dead in the eye with a raised eyebrow, she just rolls her eyes at me before putting on her skates.

I put mine on a lot faster than she's able to put hers on, so before she can tie the laces I get on my knee in front of her and tie them myself. I look up at her, her face is flushed slightly but she still has the fake grumpy face on.

"Come on stop pouting at me, you can't be mad at me on our first date darling.'' I rest my hands on her knees as I crouch in front of her. I see the corner of her lips twitch up a smile threatening her lips.

"Fine." I stand up offering her my hands which she grabs without hesitation. I pull her in for a quick peck on the lips before leading her to the ice rink.

Because both of us are great skaters, her more than me, we don't have to go through the whole falling on our asses faze. Nat is skating backwards in front of me wiggling her eyebrows at me to show she's showing off, is skating towards her and grabbing her by the hips spinning her around.

She bursts into a fit of giggles making my heart burst in my fucking chest, i continue to drag and spin her around the rink just to hear her laugh over and over again. When she laughs her whole face lights up like Christmas lights.

I feel like a fucking idiot for not telling her how i feel earlier becfuase we would have been doing this for a long ass time.

"So when's your next game again?" she asks as we fall into place next to each other.

"Next weekend, it's one of the last ones we have so they guys want to go out to a restaurant kind of thing if we win."

"That would be nice! We haven't gone out for a fancy meal in ages. I swear the last time we did was after graduation with all of our parents." probably one of the best and saddest days honestly.

"We don't feel like we left highschool years ago when really it was only a few months."

"I mean a lot has happened since then so i guess it would." She has a sad look in her eye so I know she's thinking of her mum and I can't help but feel like an ass. I grab her hand and skate towards the exit of the rink.

"Where are we going?" she asks as i help her out, i wrap my arm around her waist guiding her to the benches.

"We are going to get hot chocolate and food while looking around." her face brightens once again thankfully.

We take the rental skates back and head towards the food and drinks area. Where this ice rink is held is in central park so with the trees all around they've put fairy lights along them. It's honestly a magical sight. As we're walking I notice nat shiver, she's only wearing a thin cardigan so I shrug off my puffer jacket and put it on her.

"What? You looked cold." I shrug my shoulders with fake confusion, I lace my hand with hers again and keep walking.

"Thanks. Look there the stand is!" she skips towards it, her hand still linked with mine. Her eyes glisten as she looks at all the options of warm beverages, practically bouncing on her feet.

"It honestly fascinates me how much you love this hot drink." I smiled down at her.

"It reminds me of home. And my mom." I expected to see a sad smile on her face but instead I saw no sadness behind her smile or eyes this time. I think this is the first time she's spoken about her mom in a happy way since she passed.

Shes so fucking strong its inspiring.

"Cookies remind me of my mom, especially when me and her would be making them for christmas. But dad and Theo would be standing around looking very confused." We both laughed at the thought of my dad and Theo's confused face.

"They aren't the best cooks are they?"

"God no. To be honest neither am I, I'm just good at following instructions." I shrug my shoulders. If I was left alone to make a real meal I'd mess up in some shape or form.

"Lucky for you and the boys you have, me and Cole, your personal chiefs." she stands up on her tips toes and gets in my face with a smug look. I push her face away from mine with my hand, a laugh breaks out of her making me laugh too.

"How's your writing coming along?" She's currently trying to write her own book. She won't tell us what it's about, all we know is it's a rom-com. She started it a few weeks before we started college.

"I'm in kind of a slump right now, I've written about 20 chapters and another 20 to go. I also have to go back and edit stuff, possibly change, add or delete things. It's honestly tiring." She lets out a sigh and because of the temperature I can see her breath.

"You'll get there nat, your writing is amazing it always has been."

"You're just saying that because we're dating." she grumbles out. I hold her face in my hands so she's looking straight into my eyes.

"No, I'm not natasha. If your writing was bad I would tell you so you could improve but this is not. You Natasha Smith is an amazing writer and you'll publish your books in the future and have thousands of people buying them." I bring her face close and press my lips on hers.

Anytime I kiss her it feels like we're kissing for the first time all over again. My heart speeds up and I feel my stomach flip. Her lips are softer than anything I've ever felt before and she tastes like vanilla.

"Thank you, especially for being my number one fan."

"Always, now come on, let's get your hot chocolate." she squeals and skips once again to the front of the hot chocolate stand. I make my way to her so I can order for the both of us. I ordered myself a peppermint flavored hot chocolate and Nat classic one.

I once again pay and before my girlfriend can get mad at me again I grab a little bag of marshmallows and place them in her cup. She instantly places it in her mouth and giggles when she throws one at my forehead.

"They don't have many options for food here but they do have doughnuts.'' I smirk as I see her head whip around trying to locate the doughnut stand, not knowing that it's behind me.

"If you don't take me to the doughnuts in 5 seconds im going to rethink this whole relationship.'' Her face is stone cold and serious and i dont think ive ever dragged her to a place so quickly in my life.

"You do realize I was kidding right?" She laughs from behind me.

"I ain't taking no chances sweetheart. I just got you there aint ni way i'm losing you that fast.'' Just the thought of losing her makes me want to throw up and die honestly.

That's a bit dramatic, but also not dramatic enough.

Oh god i sound like an idiot, wait no even worse. I sound like theo.

"Aw how cute of you, but dont worry im not going anywhere. Well, except for the doughnut stand, I'm definitely going there." I laugh at her hungry eyes as they lock on the doughnuts about 10 feet away from us.

"Careful you'll drool on me." I got a smacked chest for that comment.

♡♡♡

Sadly our night comes to an end and it's time to take her home which i won't lie makes me a bit sad. I sound like a clingy idiot but i love spending time with my girl so when we're not together yeah i feel a bit down.

We're not one of those couples who have to spend every waking moment together, we have our alone time and hang out with other people. Considering we're in the same friend group we spend a lot of time together anyway, but when we're with our friend they like to tease us.

Especially theo but I just throw shoes at him to shut him up.

"Why does tonight have to end." Natasha whines as we exit the elevator walking towards our apartments. My arm is wrapped around her shoulder keeping her close as her head rests on my shoulder.

"Don't be too sad love, well go on many more dates i promise.'' I kiss her forehead and bring her in front of me when we reach her door.

My hands are planted on her waist and I pull her so we're chest to chest. Her arms are wrapped around my shoulders as she leans her weight on me. Our faces are merely inches apart so I once again close the distance.

Our eyes flutter shut as our lips collide for maybe the 100th time this night. Not that i'm complaining. Unfortunately she pulls away after a while for a breath but we keep our foreheads resting against each other.

"Thank you for tonight, it was perfect." she whispers while a smile on her face.

"Anything for you sweetheart."

"Goodnight ezra." she pecks my lips one more time before unwrapping herself from me.

"Dream of me." I wink at her as I make my way to my own apartment.

"Always." We both laughed before closing our doors. I instantly regret coming home.

"HEY LOVER BOY!" Theo yells at the top of his lungs.

"Drop dead theo." i throw my shoe at him

No, I don't feel bad.

♡♡♡

word count: 3000 words!!

Oh my god their first date is fucking adorable, I just want someone to take me on that type of date. 😭😭

anyway I'll see y'all next chapter

-S🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.8K 1.9K 35
"One of the few things I learned in my life was that death always comes. Senescence, illness or... murder, death is always the end every single one o...
1.7M 102K 82
Nolan, an unapproachable guy who ignores the existence of all his schoolmates, sleeps in all of his classes. Normally, this wouldn't be Chelsea Arnol...
Astrid By <3

Teen Fiction

5.3K 78 32
Carter slowly walked towards me, butterflies swarming in my stomach, filling every inch of me. "Assi." he grabbed my wrists, and made me look at him...
21.8K 2K 34
"You. Have. A. Crush?" one of my best friends looked at me like I was some kind of an alien from outer space. The shock on her face made me regret te...