A Storm Is Brewing

By storiesbym3223

Sophie Kelly is a 26 year old solicitor living in the countryside to avoid the hustle and bustle of city life... More

Court Adjourned
Kelly Christmas Eve
Last Minute Gifts
Are We Flirting?
Not Just You
Special Delivery
Spontaneity
Initial Surprises
Developing Pt.1
Developing Pt.2
Falling in Love?
Effort
Three Words
The Question
Six Months
The Offer
Brotherly Love?
The Move
Take a Chance
Two Sides
London Girl
New Year's Party
The Aftermath
Missing
Public Shaming
No Going Back
Rhys
Leah
Impressing Mum
Healing (Anxiety TW)
Marry My Sister, Now?
Settling
Two Loves
Belfast Needs You
Persuasion
First Client
Agitated
Unconditional Love
Love(d)
Insignificant
Open Day
Liv's Play
I Can Only Be Me
Future Plans
Nightmare
Folic Acid
15 Minutes Early
Lights Out
Lights On
Jade
Two Choices
Manchester
The Interview
The Beginning
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day
Like It Just Being Us
Apart
Friends
The Texting
The First (Kind Of) Date
The First Night (Kinda)
The Firm
Reflection
Fight Before the Visit
Liv's Visit
Don't Forget Me
Making It Work
Stronger Together
Her Truth
Bargaining
Wait, Please
Sickness
The Choice
Family
See You Soon
Just Us
End of an Era
Feel Safe
Emergency
Embarrassment
It's Not What You Think
Standing Up
Escaping
The Argument
There She Is
More Than Family
Pay Close Attention
Just Trust Me
Unknown Identity
Stolen Chances
Bridezilla
Second Place Love
The Appointment
The Return
Crisis Talks
New Year's Eve, Eve
A Glimpse at the Phones
31st December | Part 1
31st December | Part 2
31st December | Part 3
I've Ruined It
Keeping a Secret
Time Slows Down
A Different Angle
Learning Curve
Timeline
Insider
Stay the Night
Night at Home
Festivities
Book Deal?
True Expression
She'll Talk When She's Ready
In A State
Time to Leave
Outsider
Imposter Syndrome
Returning
My First Favourite: Part 1
Law Awards Pt.1
Law Awards Part. 2
Law Awards Part. 3
Perfect?
Mummy's Drunk
Temptation
Court Resumed
Guilty
Questioning
Protecting
Ice Cream
Past, Present and Future
Running
Mum's
Not An Update
Tide Is Turning
Passing Time
800 Days Later
800 Days Later: Leah's Version
The Party
Speculation
Rocky Road to Divorce
Suspicion
Midnight Visit
Evidence Room
Cunning Plan
Back as a Four
The One Before the Last One
As Promised
Court Dismissed

Backlash

9.2K 180 12
By storiesbym3223

With Leah's post came the good, the bad, and the downright ugly. Leah had suspected this would happen; I suppose I had too, but I hadn't accounted for just how small I would be made to feel. Leah's return to intensive training sessions, photoshoots, and public appearances had heightened the impact. While Leah was around, I couldn't obsess over the comments that had been made or the messages I was receiving. Her absence made it easier for me to scroll through them without Leah here to remind me that they didn't matter. Returning from work on a windy Wednesday night, I found myself gravitating towards the Twitter logo and searching for Sophie Kelly, tears creating two perfect streams down my face.

Sophie Kelly is so plain—not what I imagined someone like Leah would end up with.

Sophie Kelly needs to fuck off back to Ireland lol

My biggest question in life is: What does Leah see in Sophie Kelly?

How can Sophie Kelly say she loves Leah when she holds her back so much? Leah has people who are beautiful and want her, and she's ended up with THAT.

It went from bad to worse as I searched for more variations of my name and more variations of things that could potentially bring up comments about my relationship with Leah.

Leah does not look at Sophie the way she looks at Rebecca

Forever praying for Leah to recognise she can do better than Sophie

Ugh Sophie in the crowd at Leah's match today makes my skin crawl. She is like a little kid that follows Leah around

That's when my heart stopped beating. Just three minutes ago, the Daily Mail posted a story that I couldn't quite believe they had gone to the effort of finding.

Leah Williamson's girlfriend once defended THIS criminal.

The girlfriend of Arsenal and England star Leah Williamson has a dark past that she has kept hidden from the public.

The Daily Mail has uncovered public records that show she defended a terrorist in court accused of the murder of seventeen-year-old Taylor Biggs. The seventeen-year-old was brutally murdered in 2021 in what was believed to be a sectarian hate crime. Miss Kelly was part of a team of legal representatives that cleared his name.

Just four months later, the 49-year-old was rearrested by police in connection with the murder after new evidence was brought to light. He has since been sentenced to life imprisonment.

A former close friend of Sophie told our team:

"Sophie defended Colin Coyle in 2021 for a large sum of money; her policy has always been that she must perform her duty as a legal representative to her best ability, whether the person she is defending is guilty or innocent.

At the time, Sophie was strongly advised against the case by management but proceeded due to the high-profile nature of the case. This case kicked off her career and gave her a large sum of money to allow her to advance her qualifications to become the solicitor that she is today.

"We were shocked and saddened to find out that she had defended someone that she so clearly knew was guilty, but it shows how far someone is willing to go for money."

I struggled to regain my normal breathing pattern, my mind rushing to think: who was my ex-close friend, and why would they say these things about me? That was not my policy, ever.

Flashback:

"Congratulations, Mr. Coyle. You are a free man now, I am sorry that it has taken so long to clear your name." I said as I shook the hand of my client.
"You're incredible, Sophie. My family will be eternally grateful that you have managed to defend me." He smiled.
"I believe in the innocent being set free, Mr. Coyle."
"And the guilty that have been proven innocent." He winked.

My body froze, what does he mean the guilty that have been proven innocent? He swore to me that he didn't fucking do it.

"Sorry, sir?" I questioned.
"C'mon. He was a drug dealer, dealing drugs to children in my area. That piece of scum got what was coming to him." He scoffed.
"So those phone records, the ones that placed you in the bar that night, weren't you?" I asked, trying to pretend that I wasn't judging him.
"No. Brendan took my burner phone to the bar and sent a few texts to throw them off the scent. We knew that using my own phone would be too obvious. What I didn't count on was how incredible my solicitor would be. I really must go now, Sophie. Thank you again, from me and my family." He shook my hand once more; my grip was considerably looser this time.

I watched as he walked away, reunited with his loved ones. Their smiles, embraces, and words of love made my stomach begin to churn dramatically. I rushed to the bathroom, throwing up the traces of breakfast that were still in my system from this morning. Taylor Biggs would never hug his mother again, never watch his pregnant girlfriend give birth, nor would he ever have a second chance at life like his murderer was about to begin.

The court had heard that Taylor Biggs was indeed a drug dealer, a victim of grooming by paramilitary groups that had made the young man feel he had no choice but to deliver the packages of illegal substances to their intended recipients. He was too afraid to get out, too afraid to say no, and in the end, he was probably too afraid to run from Colin Coyle when he beat him to death.

— — — —

My body was snapped out of this nightmare by the sound of two texts arriving at the same time. My eyes widen as I see Leah's name, followed by my brother's.

Leah
Are you still up for that lazy night?x

Sophie
Sure. See you when you get here x

Okay, so she didn't know. Yet. I would have to be the first to tell her; I had to explain what had happened. How do I do that? How do I tell her what I really did? How do I tell her that I'm not the person she thinks I am? That defending Colin Coyle wasn't the worst thing I had done?

I knew what my brother was texting me about; he was the only person who knew. The only person who knew the real truth about Colin Coyle.

Rhys
Soph, have you seen the news?

Sophie
Yes. What the fuck am I going to do?

Rhys
You cannot tell Leah.

Sophie
That's my only chance of saving what I have with her.

Rhys
If this comes out, you are a walking target, Sophie. We all are. Her included. If they find out what you did, they will kill you and anyone close to you.

Sophie
What do I do?

Rhys
Stick to the story. You didn't know who he was, so you defended him. You were shocked when you found out that he had tricked you too. That's it. The end. Please, Sophie, we will both be done.

Sophie
Okay, I love you.

Rhys
I love you too, sis. Always.

Fuck. Rhys was right; I didn't just have myself to think about. I needed to think about Rhys, Olivia, and my parents. They know where they are; they know where everyone is. They know who Leah is; I'd be stupid to think that they don't. Of course, they will have kept tabs on me.

Colin Coyle was the worst thing that ever happened to me, but what I did next was a decision that I made selfishly, a decision that I made without thinking of the consequences.

I heard Leah's car door close and her footsteps approach across the gravel. She put the key in the door, opening it after several attempts. Her body burst through the door as she caught my eye. Her face was stern, her shoulders high, and her back straight. Fuck.

"I'm going to ask you this once, and once only. Did you defend a murderer?" She spoke so sternly that I was almost afraid to answer.
"Leah, I - I - it was -" I couldn't make anything come out.
"Did you defend a murderer, Sophie? It's a simple question." Leah raised her voice.
"Yes." I spoke quietly.
"You selfish—you let me go public without telling me that you defended a man that killed a 17-year-old child? You have always told me that you only defended those you knew were innocent. That you couldn't sleep if you thought you were defending someone that had committed a crime. You fucking liar." Leah's voice was echoing around the house now.
"I didn't think that it would come out."
"England captain in bed with woman who spared child murderer months in prison, Arsenal sensation approves of child murders being freed, Euro 2022 cup lifter Leah Williamson is adored by fans of the same age as 17 year old Taylor Biggs, the child her girlfriend prevented getting justice." Leah began to list the headlines that had already filtered through the press.

I couldn't stand here a second longer, to say anything would mean that I would have to lie to her. I couldn't, I knew I should but I couldn't. Instead, I ran to my car; I left her standing in the doorway as I escaped her caring arms that begged me not to drive in that state. Even now. I pulled onto the motorway, with not a single belonging and headed for the airport. This London dream was over, my Leah dream was over, and in that moment I felt like my life was over.

Sometimes to protect those you love, you have to leave without a goodbye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.7K 1K 21
falling in love with the lioness' captain Leah Williamson and playing at a home euros.
81.5K 1.5K 65
Ellie has just broken into the spotlight she was noticed when busking in the streets of Manchester. But when she takes a gig in Ibiza she meets the...
128K 2K 47
In which two players meet and fall in love But what will happen when they meet and will they get along? Their rough past says othervise. Leah William...
209K 4.1K 50
Lioness captain, Leah Williamson, is finally heading off to Ibiza after coming off a Euros win. She's there with some of her closest friends, who enc...