New Year's Eve, Eve

Ireland meets England

Rhys
We have arrived safely!

Amanda
Brilliant🥰🥰

Liv
Dad forgot his shoes

Sophie
You what, Rhys???

Rhys
Ffs. I told her not to say anything. I'll get some today, don't worry

Leah
Liv, are you telling tales?

Liv
Yep

Liv
Nanny forgot her sparkles too

Amanda
Her sparkles?

Jackie
My jewellery😔

Liv
Didn't know how to spell it

Leah
😂

Sophie
Liv, are you hungry?

Liv
Yes

Sophie
I thought so. Tired too?

Liv
Yes

Holly
Not long until food, Liv!

Liv
Hi Holly ❤️

Holly
Hi Livvy 😘😘

Rhys
We're still meeting at 4?

Amanda
Think so. Leah, Sophie?

Jacob
Helloooooooooo?

Rhys
Probably arguing over the music

Bernie
Probably!!

Amanda
They were this morning when I was round🙈

Jacob
Yeah... That's totally what they're doing...

Amanda
Jacob!!!! Ffs

"Oh my god, have you seen this?" Leah said, putting her top back on after our midmorning distraction.
"What is it?"
"Jacob is casually telling everyone that he thinks we haven't been replying because we've been having sex."
"Well, he's not wrong." I chuckled at her rosy cheeks.
"Sophie!"
"Just reply and say we were rehearsing for the wedding."
"Is there anything in our terms and conditions for tomorrow about you not winding me up?"
"Terms and conditions? I thought you didn't read those?"
"I didn't. Then someone told me that I might be agreeing to have my body parts used for scientific testing." Leah said cockily that the reference from a previous conversation was playing me at my own game.
"There are many things I would use your body parts for, Le. None of them are classified as scientific testing, though." I winked.
"I give up. I actually give up." She chuckled.

As arranged, we met both of our families at a local restaurant for lunch. Many had told us that this was a silly idea, thinking that we would be too stressed about the wedding to enjoy it; for us, though, it was important. We wanted the members of our families that hadn't met yet to meet for the first time before our wedding day, and this was the only way to do it. Everyone felt like they knew each other after months of wedding chat in the group chat and pictures that had been posted back and forth. Liv had taken a real shine to Holly, Rhys and Jacob loved cracking jokes, and Amanda and my mum did nothing but scold Leah and me for our lack of organisation. We were a typical family—well, not officially until tomorrow.

I wasn't surprised when Leah's family were there first, Amanda hated any form of lateness, and I knew she'd have them setting off half an hour before they even needed to; this was confirmed by the empty glasses that sat in front of them at the table. We embraced each of them in a hug until I finally reached Bernie, who simply looked at me with that ever-present you're one of our own smiles, whispering you both made it into my ear as our arms wrapped tightly around one another. Our moment was soon broken as a sassy and hyped-up Liv announced her arrival.