Fixing the Future

By hollyb84

Alyssa Granger lost a lot during the war and so when her and Luna Lovegood are thrown back in time, it may ju... More

War is Raging
Aren't you dead?
Sorted!
Introductions
Wood
First Lesson
Patronus times three
Swimming
Boggarts
Liam
Blacks Back Together
Sorting Memories
Letter
Werewolf
Truth
1.1
1.2
1.3
A/N
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
A/N
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
A/N
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
Coffee
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
Detentions and gossip
4.4
4.5
4.6
4.7
4.8
4.9
5.0
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
5.6
5.7
5.8
5.9
6.0
6.1
6.2
6.3
6.4
6.5
6.6
6.7
6.8
7.0
7.1
7.2
7.3
7.4
7.5
7.6
7.7
7.8
7.9

6.9

3.1K 127 115
By hollyb84

'Can we find out who your parents are now?' James asked excitedly making all the others nod too. Alyssa shrugged,
'Maybe we should wait til tomorrow or until we finish watching the other years.'
'No! I wanna know now, come on Lyss.' Sirius pleaded.

'Let's at least see if you've got the memory?' Andy suggested as a compromise.
Alyssa frowned but picked up her bag from the floor, pointing her wand put it before saying,
'Accio memories.'
A bag flew out into her hand and she put it onto the sofa, the vials inside making a tinkering noise as they clashed against each other.

She opened the bag, emptying out the vials and them sitting back.
'I guess if Dumbledore had it then it would be in one of these- they're mostly labelled so...'

The others all excitedly began sorting through the vials, searching for the right one.
Luna hung back next to Alyssa,
'Are you okay, Lyss?'
'Yeah, fine, I just...ever since I found out I was adopted, all I wanted to do was to find out who were my parents. But now that I actually might be able to...I don't know.'
'If you don't want to know then we don't have to watch the memory.' Luna reassured her, 'it's fine to not be ready now and it's fine if you're never ready too.'
'Everyone seems to really want to know now, but the fact that it might be someone here means that I've met my mum or my dad...it's crazy to think about it.'
'I can't imagine not knowing who my parents were all my life, but this doesn't change anything anyway Lyss. Mr and Mrs Granger are still your parents and Hermione is still your sister- you just have another set of parents too.'
'Thanks Luna.'

'Found something!' Bella yelled out.
'What? No! I had that first, you snatched it off me.' Sirius argued angrily.
'You snooze you lose canine.'
'Hey! Moony! Bella stole the memory off me.' Sirius turned to Remus making Bella scoff,
'How old are you? I can't believe you just told on me.'
'Moony!'
'Pads, who cares who found the memory?'
'I do!' Sirius and Bella both yelled.

'Well I'm the one holding it.' Bella argued.
'I'm the one who found it.' Sirius countered.
Lily grabbed it from Bella's hand,
'Well now I have it.'
'Hey!'

Lily turned the vial over in her hand, reading off the label,
'A.Granger 3.'
'3?' Regulus frowned.
'As in third memory?' Pandora asked, 'does that mean he took more of your memories?'
'That sneaky motherfucking bastard!' Marlene glared.
'Search for more.' Xeno suggested and they all went back to sorting through the memories.

After another minute or so, Regulus called out,
'Found one! "A.Granger 1."'
'I've found one too- "A.Granger 2."' Frank announced.

'What do you think they are?' Barty asked Alyssa who was glancing nervously between the three vials.
'I don't know...'
'Let's look!' Evan exclaimed making Alyssa frown,
'Maybe we should watch them later...I mean, what if they're spoilers or something?'
'Why don't you want to know who your parents are?' Evan asked her in confusion.
'I just-I don't think...'
'Come on Lyss.' Sirius begged.
She opened her mouth to protest again but then sighed and nodded,
'Fine.'

'Yes!' James grinned.

'Which one shall we watch first?' Barty asked.
'I don't know Barty, can you count? What comes first, one, two or three?' Regulus rolled his eyes.
'Shut up Reg.'

'I think we watch 3 first!' Sirius exclaimed.
'Wow, so you really can't count.' Regulus said making Sirius glare back at him,
'3 will probably the memory Dumbledore took just then when Barty told Lyss her parents so we should watch this one now.'
'That's actually valid reasoning.' Remus admitted.
'See!'

'So you think we should watch 3, 2 then 1?' Marlene clarified.
'What? No, you idiot, 3,1 then 2.' Sirius corrected him in disbelief.
'Ah, my bad, I'm so stupid.'
'Yeah, you really are...you also have a bad haircut, just saying.'
'Bit rich coming from someone who cuts their hair like you, oh wait, you don't even cut your hair.'
'Hey!'
'I guess homeless man is the new trendy aesthetic.'
'I don't look homeless bitch, I'm literally so hot, I should be arrested for looking so sexy.'
'Wow, being a arrested for a crime you didn't commit...deja vu anyone?'

'Damn Marlene, that was brutal- I actually love you.' Barty burst out laughing.
'You're officially my new role model.' Regulus agreed, smirking at the look of offence on his brother's face.

'As fun as it is to watch Marls destroy Sirius, shall we watch the memories now?' Lily asked in amusement.
'Yea!' James yelled excitedly.

'So, 3,1,2 was it Sirius?' Marlene asked Sirius with a smirk who responded with a glare.

Alyssa picked up the vial marked "A.Granger 3" and unstoppered it, tipping it's contents into the penseive. She faltered, nervously before exhaling heavily and falling into the penseive followed by the others.

The memory formed around them and they were back in the DADA office, Barty sat in the chair, Dumbledore's standing opposite him with a glare and Alyssa looking interested.

'You didn't really think you could keep her parents from her all her life did you?' Barty asked disbelievingly.

'You knew? You knew I was adopted this whole time?' Alyssa asked Dumbledore in shock.
'Regardless of what you believe, knowing who your parents are won't make you happy.'

'He's such a dick.' Marlene groaned.

'Shut up!' Barty glared angrily, 'she wants to know who her parents are so I'll tell her whether you like it or not.'
'I forbid you to tell her.'

'You forbid him? What bullshit.' Sirius scoffed.

'I bet you do. Alyssa, your parents were great people. Your father was one of my best friends and he made me promise to take care of you. I fucked that up and I'm so sorry, I know what you must think of me, I am a deatheater and I'm not a good person, but I truly loved your father, he was one of my closest friends and I'm sorry I didn't take better care of you.'

'Aw, Barty that's so cute, who knew you could be such a sweetheart.' Sirius teased him making him glare,
'Fuck off.'

'Who was my dad?' Alyssa asked, voice shaking slightly.
'He was-'
'Don't you dare tell her!' Dumbledore commanded.

'Shut the fuck up Dumbledore, I wanna know!' Bella exclaime.

'Shh!' Harry shushed him, watching in interest. Dumbledore looked at Harry in shock at having been shushed.

'Haha! The look on his face after being shushed by a fourth year!' James laughed.
'Go Harry!' Marlene cheered.

'His name was Regulus. Regulus Black. And he was one of the nicest people I knew.'

'Wait what?!' Sirius said shocked.
Everyone turned to Regulus in amazement who looked equally surprised and slightly speechless, as did Alyssa.
'So you're my dad?' Alyssa asked.
'I guess so...'
'That explains so much! That's why Sirius especially recognised her and where she gets her sarcasm from and her looks too! And why I knew her dad so well.' Barty exclaimed.
'I can't believe it.' Regulus said in shock, 'so where am I?'
'Based off everyone else here, I'm putting my money on dead.' James said.

'Bro, why'd you say that?' Sirius objected, 'also, how did Regulus get a girl and a kid before I did.'
'...because you're gay and in love with your best friend?' Marlene suggested.

'Aw Barty, all that sweet stuff you said was about me! You said you loved me!' Regulus suddenly said with a smirk.
'Fuck off.'
'I knew you loved me and I was your best friend.'
'I'm never gonna live this down.'
Evan laughed at Barty who was glaring whilst Regulus continued to tease him.

'Black? As in Sirius Black?' Harry asked in shock.
'Indeed, Sirius was his big brother.'
'What? So Sirius is my uncle?' Alyssa checked, stunned.
'Yes.'

'Oh shit, I forgot about that! I'm an uncle! Moony, I'm an uncle!' Sirius grinned excitedly making Remus smile fondly at him.

Sirius then turned to Alyssa with a sly grin,
'I'm your uncle, that means I can boss you around! I can tell you when to go to bed and ground you and take your phone!'
'Regulus can, you can't.'
'Nah, that's boring, Reggie won't abuse his power, that's why you need me!' Sirius objected making Regulus roll his eyes.

'And Regulus, my dad, is he uh...'
'He's dead. Died just after you were born, I'm sorry kid.'

Sirius' face fell and he wrapped his arms around Regulus, half suffocating him.
'How'd I die?' Regulus asked Alyssa.
'Spoiler- watch and see.'

'Oh...What was...what was he like?'
'Reg was amazing. He was silent most of the time, very unlike his brother, really
smart too but he was one of those people who seemed shy and quiet til you got to know him. He was very sarcastic too, guess you got that from both of your parents really.'

'Barty stop! You're making me blush. Me? Smart?' Regulus began teasing Barty again.
'Shut your mouth Black! I take all of this shit back.'
'Can't do that.'

'You've left off the part where he's a deatheater I see.' Dumbledore cut in.

'Ayo! Way to ruin the moment bro,' James tutted in annoyance.
'Can't believe you became a deatheater.' Sirius said with a shake of his head.
'If it makes you feel any better, I wish I didn't.' Regulus admitted.
'You should of just ran away with me.' Sirius said.
'What? To your new home with your new family?' Regulus responded bitterly.
'What are you talking about?'
'Don't think I don't see how happy you are with James. You're always saying how he's the brother you never had, but what about me? The brother you did have?'
'Reggie...James is one of my best friends and he is like a brother to me, but he's not a replacement for you. You'll still always be my favourite brother.'

'Bro-' James' offended voice was cut off by Remus kicking him in the leg simultaneously with Lily clapping her hand over his mouth.

'The Potter family is great but part of me misses our dysfunctional abusive one. Because despite our parent being absolute assholes, I miss our late night chats in the dark and telling ghost stories under the covers. And when I came back from Hogwarts as a Gryffindor, you started acting all cold towards me and I hated it. I hated drifting away from you.'
'I hated it too. But you went off to Hogwarts and came back talking about how great your new friends were, you spent evenings writing letters to them and pushing mum and dad away. Pushing me away.'
'I never meant to do that.'

'Do you have any idea how much I missed you when you were away at Hogwarts? How excited I was for Christmas when you'd come back again? And then we get a letter saying you were staying at Hogwarts for the holiday. No explanation, no message to me, not even an apology. Just, "I'm staying at Hogwarts for Christmas".'

'I didn't think-'
'Of course you didn't, and I felt like the biggest idiot for expecting things to be the same after you left. And then, for a split second, I thought everything would be normal again once I started Hogwarts, but no. I was a
Slytherin. The enemy. You and your friends were loved by the whole school and I hated it. You were the popular life of the party, Sirius Black, the brave family rebel. And I was Regulus Black, his quiet invisible baby brother.'
'But you were still my brother, you still could of come with me!'

'You don't understand! Everybody loved you. The only time I felt like I was the best was in our house, when I was compared to you. And I know that's a horrible thing to say, that I felt validated by your failiure, but it's true. I was the Black family's hope for an heir, a respectable Slytherin pureblood. And I know that all of the things they praised me for were in fact the worst parts of me but I didn't care! It felt good to be good something.'

There was a beat of silence. Everyone else was looking between the Black brothers as they stared at each other sadly.
'Reggie, I'm truly sorry. I should never of left you, I know that, but you also need to know that I couldn't of stayed. That whole family hated me. Even you grew to resent me. I couldn't stay in a house where I was constantly verbally and physically abused. And I know that all you saw was an arrogant rebellious boy who wanted to annoy the hell out of his parents, but there was not a moment in that house when I wasn't terrified. And I couldn't live like that. But I shouldn't of left you. I'm so sorry that I left you.'
'I'm sorry too.' Regulus muttered.

'He was a deatheater?' Alyssa asked with a small frown.
'Yes, he was, but don't judge him based just off that, not all deatheaters are bad, believe it or not. We were young when we joined...foolish, but anyhow, I suppose we were doomed from the start being sorted into Slytherin.'
'Not all Slytherins are bad, I have friends from there.' Alyssa pointed out.
'And a boyfriend too.' Harry added in.
'Theo's not my boyfriend.' Alyssa glared back at him. Harry smirked,
'And yet you knew exactly who I was talking about without me saying.'
'Shut up.'

'Definitely a future boyfriend.' Evan smirked.

'You remind me of him, I think part of it is your love of animals, Reg was always telling us about magical creatures. In fact,' Barty smiled, reminiscing, 'most of all it was about house elves, that boy was always talking about freeing the house elves- the Black house elf, Kreacher, was probably more his best friend than me and Evan put together.'

'I love Kreacher.' Regulus smiled as Sirius shuddered,
'I can't stand that elf.'
'If you were nice to him and treated him with a little respect then maybe he'd be nicer to you.'
'He's a blood supremacist!'
'He's just repeating back to you what he learnt from our family. That's not his fault.'

'Evan?'
'Rosier, I suppose you may of heard of him.'
Alyssa looked confused but Harry nodded,
'Mad-Eye, real Mad-Eye, killed him.'
Barty tensed his jaw,
'Yeah...suppose that's on him for becoming a deatheater but whose to say.'

'Did you just say I deserved to die?' Evan asked Barty in offence.
'Sounds like it.'

'Now that you've finished filling Miss Granger's head with lies-'
'I've actually only just starting filling Miss Black's head with the truth you've apparently been hiding from her, her whole life.' Barty cut Dumbledore off with a glare.

'You know what Barty, I'm starting to forgive you for trying to kill Harry cause you actually seem alright.' Lily said.
'Aw thanks!' Barty grinned.

'What about my mum?' Alyssa asked.
'Your mother, I didn't know so well. She was a uh, well she was certainly a character. Her name was Marlene McKinnon.'

'WHAT?!' Marlene yelled in shock, 'REGULUS BLACK WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?'
Regulus jumped in shock and now appeared to be half hiding behind Sirius.

'How dare you? You ruined my lesbianess.'
'Oh please, I've seen you hook up with tons of guys'
'That was when I was in my straight era- let's please not talk about that.'
'Hey, I'm not exactly thrilled I got you pregnant either.'
Marlene scoffed in disbelief,
'Oh honey, you're so lucky you got a piece of me- I mean, have you seen me? I'm hot as fuck.'

'Well I think I know who was top.' Evan said.
'Ew! Those are my parents!' Alyssa groaned in disgust.

'I can't believe you got me pregnant! You probably completely ruined my chances with Dorcas!'
'Who?'
'Dorcas Meadows? Slytherin?'
'Oh right, year above.' Regulus nodded.
'What chances Marlene? You can't even talk to her. She asked to borrow a pen last week and you started giggling like a maniac.' Lily pointed out making Marlene groan,
'You said it wasn't that bad!'
'Oh no, I lied. It was like watching a real life train wreck.'

'Well she'd never want to go out with me if I was pregnant. She'd think I was a slut.'
'You are a slut.'
'With girls not boys! Plus, she doesn't know that though!'
'Aw Marls.'

'She'd also think I was straight which is another issue entirely.'
'Well to be fair I'm questioning it myself, you did hook up with Regulus. I'm not sure that qualifies as gay.' Sirius pointed out.
'I must of been drunk, like can't see straight drunk.'
'Sounds to me like you were seeing straighter than ever.' Barty smirked.

'This is no time for jokes Barty! I must of been absolutely wasted, I probably would of fucked a light post in the state I was in.'
'What the fuck?'
'That's the only plausible explanation I can think of for fucking Regulus.'
'Wow Reg, she really wants you.' Evan teased.
'Fuck yourself Rosier.'

'McKinnon? Didn't that family-'
'Yes, I'm afraid she's dead along with the rest of her family. I'm sorry. And whilst I can't tell you as much about her as I can your dad, I can tell you a bit. She was a Gryffindor, best friends with your mum I believe, Harry- Lily Evans. I think she was friends with Sirius and that lot but I really can't tell as I'm basing that off her constantly insulting him during lessons which I assumed was fake fighting but having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if she actually hated him.'

'I can clarify, she hated him.' Marlene nodded.
'Hey!' Sirius said in offence.
'Also, stalker behaviour Barty, I mean, I know I'm hot, but sounds like you were paying a lot of attention to me in school.' Marlene winked at Barty who flipped her off.

'She sounds cool.'

'The absolute coolest. An icon. A legend.' Marlene agreed, 'Lyss, if I wasn't dead, I would of been the coolest mum. I would of taken you shopping and flying and we would of been that mother daughter duo who are also best friends and who when they pass, you think "wow, they must by sisters", cause I look so young and hot.'
'See, why'd you have to go and die?' Alyssa said disappointed.
'You guys would of been a family of all great fliers too. Beater, Seeker and Chaser.' James pointed out.

'She was. She was always laughing and joking- standing on tables and pranking teachers. She always seemed to me like a female version of Sirius' gang...I can't remember for the life of me what they called themselves-'
'Marauders.'
'That's it. Marlene was like a female marauder.'

'A female marauder? Marlene? You wish.' Sirius scoffed as Marlene smirked,
'Correction I'd be a cooler version of a marauder. It could be me, Lily, Alice and Dorcas!'
'Yeah right. The marauders are elite. Like you could compare to us.' James scoffed.

'A Slytherin and a Gryffindor... deatheater and-'
'Believe me, it was a shock to me too. Probably why they kept you a secret. It was weird cause Marlene was a lesbian too- she was always very public about that so the fact her and Regulus had a kid was kinda weird.'
'She was gay?'
'Yeah, they hooked up at a party wasted- sorry, probably don't wanna know how you were conceived.'
'Yeah, no thanks.'

'Ha! Knew I was wasted!' Marlene said, 'praise god...not that I believe in god, but you know.'

'So you're actually a pureblood? Can I tell Malfoy?' Harry asked with a grin, 'I can picture his face already.'

'That's so true though! All those people hating on you being a muggleborn and you're literally a pureblood and from one of the most powerful wizarding families ever.' Marlene laughed.
'That must be why you can do wandless and non verbal magic so easily, because you're from such a powerful family.' Cissa realised, 'and do legitimancy.'
'Oh that makes so much more sense now.' Alyssa muttered.

'No one will be telling anyone.' Dumbledore cut in, 'All this man has done since he opened his mouth is lie. Or have you forgotten that he's been impersonating a teacher all year.'
'A teacher that you hired.' Alyssa bit back.

'Oh damn! You tell him Lyss!' James cheered.

'Excuse me?'
'So far, our defence teachers have been a man possessed by Voldemort, a fraud who obliviates innocent people, a werewolf, and a deatheater. So maybe you should stop hiring people who put the students of this school at risk, Professor.'

'The sass in your voice! So proud to call you my daughter!' Marlene laughed.

'Miss, Granger it would do you well to watch your tone, I intended no harm when hiring these people.'
'Well, either you hired them knowing who they were and that they were dangerous or unfit to teach, or you're an imbecile who somehow couldn't notice they were making you the one whose unfit to teach.' Alyssa said angrily.

'So true!' Marlene cheered.

'Do you really want to know the truth about your parents? Your father was an evil cruel deatheater and your mother was an immature silly little girl who was stupid enough to get herself pregnant as a kid. I would even be sure Regulus was the father looking at her.'

'Excuse me?' Marlene scoffed in disbelief, 'Did fucking Dumbledore just slut-shame me? I swear to Merlin I'm going to murder that man.'

'How dare he?' Lily scowled angrily and Barty looked equally mad, whilst Regulus looked embarrassed making Sirius say,
'Ignore that git, you're not evil.'

'How dare you speak about them like that?' Barty said angrily, 'Regulus was one of the nicest people I've ever met- he wouldn't hurt a fly. And Marlene had all the best qualities of a Gryffindor and I didn't have to know her well to tell you she was an amazing person.'

Regulus smiled appreciatively at Barty but Marlene actually got up and hugged him,
'Thank you, honestly. I know I act like a bitch but I really appreciate that.'

'I've had enough of this.' Dumbledore held out his wand making Alyssa and Harry step back and Barty's eyes widen.
'Obliviate.'

'That dick!' Barty glared.
'I can't believe he just wiped your memory.' Lily scoffed in disbelief.

——————————————————————
A/N- Finally revealed the parents! I feel like this was slightly anticlimactic since most of you already guessed who they were but oh well. Hopefully this tied up some loose ends.

I apologise to all of you shipping Lyss with Reg. I was trying to write a clear connection between them throughout  as he was her dad but I guess I fucked that up as you all though they would end up together.

I was so trying to write an emotional scene with Sirius and Reg on this chapter but I found it really hard, hence why I add comedy to every sad scene cause I apparently don't have the ability to write sad shit.

Also I was reading back through this and the biggest plot hole I found was that Lyss healed the unicorn with her magic hands. Why? How? Couldn't tell you. Apparently I though she was Rupunzel. Sorry bout that.

Anyways thanks for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 2.8K 30
She's a third year griffindor and best friends with lily Evans. But one night changes everything, As she disappeared in to the darkness, no one kn...
37.9K 933 23
!This was discontinued until I posted the rest of the pre-written chapters. Many are unedited so forgive me! 7th year (Y/N) Black. Sirius's Older si...
900 48 16
Lily's life with her twin brother has been boring but calm. Mostly. After getting accepted into Hogwarts, she's pushed away by the only person she ne...
1.3K 18 14
This takes place 21 years after the battle of Hogwarts. Lily Luna Potter is going to Hogwarts. But everyone keeps calling her "Harry Potter's daughte...