Blink and you'll miss it

By Tonkatsu__

Hi. It me the author. I like RWBY, I also like reading fan fiction. Figured I'd try it out my self. I did thi... More

Bio
Prologue
Chapter 1: Not so Little Red... Scythe...
Chapter 2: Making friends?
Chapter 3: WOOO SLEEP OVER!
Chapter 4: Falling very very fast!
Chapter 5: Tis but a scratch!
Chaoter 6: Pieces in play
Chapter 7: A new team
Chapter 8: One of the boys
Chapter 9: One of the boys pt2
Chapter 10: True strength
Filler: Surprise!
Chapter 11: Not something to be ashamed of
Chapter 12: I'm sorry.
Vol. 2 Chapter 1: FOOOOOD FIIIIIGHT!!
Vol. 2 Chapter 2: Just say it...
Vol. 2 Chapter 3: Plans in motion
Vol. 2 Chapter 4: The plan falls apart
Vol. 2 Chapter 5: Unrequitted
Message from me to you
Vol. 2 Chapter 6: A moment of rest
Vol. 2 Chapter 7: The night they remember
Vol. 2 Chapter 8: The coolest History teacher in... history...
Vol. 2 Chapter 9: Never a dull moment...
Vol. 2 Chapter 10: For Vale
Filler: Boys night
Vol 3 Chapter 1: Fight
Vol. 3 Chapter 2: Family
Vol. 3 Chapter 3: The question
Vol. 3 Chapter 4: Fairy tale.
Vol. 3 chapter 5: The night they want to forget
Vol. 4 Chapter 0: A rough patch.
Vol. 4 Chapter 1: Life goes on
Vol. 4 chapter 2: The long road
Vol. 4 Chapter 4: Savior
Vol. 4 Chapter 5: For myself
Vol. 5 Chapter 1: Mistral
Vol. 5 Chapter 2: Huh?
Vol. 5 Chapter 3: But at what cost?
Vol. 5 Chapter 4: Almost whole again.
Vol. 5 Chapter 5: Early bird
Vol. 5 Chapter 6: First blood
Vol. 5 Chapter 7: Hate
Vol. 5 Chapter 8: For Haven
Vol. 5 Chapter 9: The hardest battle yet
Vol. 6 Chapter 1: Motherfuckin Grimm on this Motherfuckin Train!!
Vol. 6 Chapter 2: Long way
Vol. 6 chapter 3: Side quest begins
Vol. 6 Chapter 4: What are we doing
Vol. 6 Chapter 5: IS THAT THE GRIM REAPER?!
Vol. 6 Chapter 6: High tension
Vol. 6 Chapter 7: Reconciliation
Vol. 6 Chapter 8: Operation Yoink
Vol. 6 Chapter 9: Brothers
Vol. 7 Chapter 1: A warm welcome

Vol. 4 Chapter 3: Rogue Encounter

1.1K 19 0
By Tonkatsu__

Team RNJRS continued their journey through anima, Jaune held the map in his hands ahead of the group.

Nora: "Another day, another adventure!"

Ruby: "What's on the agenda today?"

Jaune: "Walking!"

Nora: "With a side of...?"

(Y/n), Ren: "Walking."

Ruby: (sighs) "Haven is a lot farther away than I thought."

Ren: "Ruby? How long did you think this journey was going to take?"

Ruby: "I don't know! I grew up in a small area; I've never been this far away from home!"

Jaune: "Right but... how long?"

Ruby: "Maybe like, uh... two weeks?"

Jaune: (looking up from the map) "What?!"

(Y/n) bursts out laughing.

Ruby: "Okay, fine! Three or something!"

Jaune deadpans at her, Ruby avoids making eye contact

Ruby: "Look, whatever."

Ruby looks up again after a beat and notices something ahead.

Ruby: "Hey, what's that?"

Nora jumps onto a slightly fallen post of a fence to get a closer look at a wall and building ahead.

Jaune: "That's... strange. I didn't think we'd be hitting another village for a few days."

Nora: "Are those buildings... damaged?"

Jaune: "We should search for survivors!"

Jaune drops the map and all five go running into the village, with Nora leaping onto the wall and to a rooftop. They discover the town to be empty. Ruby lifts a fallen plank of wood to find only plant outgrowth underneath.

Ruby: "Anything?"

Nora: "Nothing over here!"

Jaune: "No one over here, either!"

(Y/n): "This place is dead... and not in the traditional sense, it's like life just vanished one day."

Ren: "It almost seems like... the town was abandoned."

Nora: "Hey, I think I found something!"

Ruby turns and rushes over. Nora, Jaune and Ren are looking at a town sign. Nora moves the ivy growing over it to the side allowing the others to read what it says.

(Y/n): "Oniyuri?"

Nora: "Never heard of it."

Jaune: "Me neither."

Ren: "I have."

The others look at him.

Ren: "You might think of it as Anima's Mountain Glenn, had it never been completed. Years ago, the richest members of Mistral were unhappy with how the Kingdom was being run."

He looks around at the unfinished buildings.

Ren: "Frustrated with the council, they pooled their resources together to build their own city, with their own laws. They hoped that one day, it could maybe even become its own Kingdom. Many thought it would be the future."

Ren walks away from the others.

Ren: "I know my parents did."

Ruby: "What happened?"

He brushes some dirt off of the stone border of a low wall to reveal claw marks.

Ren: "What always happens."

Jaune: "The Grimm."

Ren tightens his hands into fists.

Ren: "Not just any, one."

Ruby turns to Nora but Nora just looks at Ren with a fearful pained expression. Ruby turns back to look at Ren.

Ruby: "One?"

Several small black birds take off from a tree outside Oniyuri's wall. They fly over the village and the group of travelers.

Jaune: "Come on. Let's just get through here. This place gives me the creeps."

He turns and leaves, soon followed by Nora. Ren lingers for a few moments, seemingly in thought. (Y/n) puts a hand on his shoulder and gestures his head toward Jaune, Ren nods then follows. Ruby is the last to move as she looks over the empty village. Leaves blow through behind her after she follows her friends.
.
.
After a few minutes of walking through the abandoned project city, Ren suddenly stops and puts his hand up stopping the group. (Y/n) rests a hand on Kioku, ready to draw at any moment. Ren grabs StormFlower off his hip and readies it for combat. The rest of the group ready their weapons. Suddenly Ren's eyes shoot open in surprise. He looks up to the building on his right to watch a man dressed in a brown coat jump from it, flipping over the group and landing on their left.

The man deploys his circular shaped wrist blades laughing maniacally, and immediately rushes at Ruby. Ren jumps at him going for a punch using StormFlower's blades. After a short melee, Ren is knocked back by a power swing, the man continues his rush only to be intercepted by (Y/n)'s Iaido strike. The man cackles and back flips out of range of the follow up upward slash. (Y/n) doesn't give and chases. The crazy guy spins on his feet and launches himself at (Y/n) using his rotation to gain momentum, (y/n) blocks the attack and pulls the trigger under Kioku's Tsuba, a shock wave blast of gravity dust knocks the crazy man back again. The crazy man lands on his feet and looks at (Y/n) with a creepy over exaggerated look of interest. (Y/n) cringes a bit. The man suddenly appears in his guard and punches him away with a laugh. He runs for Ruby again, the girl defends well against the first couple attacks, but something happens to her aura, and when she blocks the next attack, she feels pain. Ruby falls on her back and Jaune comes in to assist but the man faints a kick causing Jaune to brace his shield, the lunatic simply jumps up and onto Jaune's shield peering down at the boy with a curious smile.

Nora runs in to slam the guy but he jumps off the shield and uses Magnhild as a spring board to throw himself... through the wall of a tower?

As the dust settles, the man is revealed to nearly be doing the splits in the hole he just created.

Jaune: "We're not looking for a fight!"

Ren: "Who are you?"

The man leans forward, drops from the tower, does a front flip, and lands on his feet in front of them.

Crazy guy: "Who I am matters not to you."

He points at Ren

Crazy guy: "Or you."

He points at Nora

Crazy: "Or— well actually you two do interest me."

He points to Jaune and (Y/n). The two just look at each other cringing slightly.

Crazy guy: "No! I only matter to you."

He points at Ruby.

Ruby: "Me?"

Crazy guy: (breaks down into laughter) You, you haven't the slightest clue, do you? Oh, how exciting this must be.

Ruby: "What do you want?"

The Lunatic begins acting dramatically taken aback in response to her tone of voice.

Crazy guy: "Oh, the rose has thorns! My little flower, I'm here to whisk you away with me!"

Nora: "Well, what if she doesn't want to go with you?"

He stares for a moment with his lips scrunched up before answering.

Crazy guy: "Well, I'll take her."

Jaune walks over and stands between him and Ruby, his shield held in front of him.

Jaune: "We're not going to let you do that."

The man closes his eyes and inhales through his teeth. His eyes slowly open, and he happily growls a single word

Crazy Guy: "Good..."

He gives them a grin that makes him look like he's turned on. Creepy.

He quickly moves behind Jaune ready to strike him down first. He moves so quickly Jaune didn't even notice until the man was already behind him, ready to attack.

Ren: "Jaune!!"

Ren fires a few round at Jaune's shield, causing them to ricochet at the blood thirsty psycho, forcing him to block. Jaune turns around to face the man but his shield is used as a platform by the man who does a spinning handstand on the face of the shield. Ren fires a few more rounds but they do nothing. Ruby comes in to attack but is violently kicked away by the guy. He gets off of Jaune's shield allowing the blonde to perform a backhand swing at the man's neck, however in an impressive show of flexibility, he limbo's under the sword and does another spin on his hands before axe kicking Jaune on the top of the head and kicking him in the stomach away when his feet touch the ground. (Y/n) rushes in his sword in both hands trailing behind him on his right side. He performs an upward diagonal slash that's easily parried, the man laughs and spins going for a back hand slash at the right side of (Y/n)'s head. The man is surprised however when the half blind boy easily maneuvers his blade in the way of the attack, stopping it dead in its tracks. The man looks on in interest.

(Y/n): "Going for the blind spot? That's cheap."

Crazy guy: "I like to call it, being an opportunist."

(Y/n): "Keep telling yourself that."

He kicks the crazy guy in the stomach sending him skidding backward on his feet. He simply licks his lips and smiles.

(Y/n): "Ew."

(Y/n) and the crazy guy rush at each other. The man feints another blindside attack that (y/n), unable to actually see it clearly, falls for. The man smiles and (Y/n) takes a kick to the left side of his head sending him tumbling away.

Nora: "(Y/n)!"

The man turns and charges at the hammer wielding ginger.

Ruby lines up a shot of lightning rounds and fires. The round flies over the crazy guy's shoulder and nails Nora sending her to the ground.

The crazy guy just runs a hand down the side of his head, a surprised grin on his face. He starts to cackle like a mad man, he turns to the others

Crazy: (calming down) "Well, if that isn't ironic."

The rest of the group lower their weapons slightly and smirk.

The crazy guy notices and realizes something is off, he loses his mirth looking at them all. Behind him stands a now supercharged Nora who's sparking electricity.

She grins and rushes forward. The man turns at the noise but Nora is already in front of him swinging.

When Magnhild impacts, a cloud of dust explodes outward from the force, covering the two.

When the dust clears they see that Nora's steroid attack was blocked by a Scorpion tail. The man laughs as Nora struggles to push forward.

CG: "Surprise!"

He maneuvers his tail allowing Nora's hammer to slip past him and delivers a kick to Nora's head before spinning on the foot he kicked with and kicking her back with the other.

He leaps up back flipping high onto the roof of a nearby building, losing his brown coat in the process, his scorpion tail out for all to see.

Ren: "He's... a Faunus?"

(Y/n) has Nora's arm around his shoulder as he brings her back to the others.

Ruby: "What is this about? The White Fang? Roman Torchwick?"

CG: "Plastic soldiers and pawns. My heart and body belong only to our goddess!"

(Y/n) makes a dry heaving sound

(Y/n): "I swear if you say Cinder, whatever I had for lunch is gonna be on your face."

CG: "Hmph, only in her wildest dreams."

CG jumps at the group creating a shockwave and destroying the edge of the roof he was on.

Ruby holds Crescent Rose defensively.

He redeploys his blades and spins using his tail to knock the Scythe down and away, leaving the girl exposed. He kicks at her head which she leans away from. She responds by swinging Crescent rose horizontally at him. He limbos again and comes back up using the forward momentum to punch Ruby away. He turns and uses his tail to stab at Ren who avoids the strikes. He kicks Ren in the back sending him tumbling forward before turning to Jaune and kicking his shield forcing him out of range. He blocks another hammer strike from Nora with his tail knocking her away. (Y/n) and Ren charge forward only to be blocked by his wrist blades. Ren readies to fire but CG notices and redirects the barrels at (Y/n)'s head. Both boys pause in alarm, allowing CG to whip them away with his tail. He charges at Ruby. Using a quick flurry of close range attacks getting inside her defenses. With every hit her Aura seems to be eroding somehow, making each hit hurt that much more.

(Y/n) got to his feet struggling. He sees the crazy guy slowly approaching Ruby's downed form. He summons his Kunai and throws 5 of them at the man all at once. CG's tail grabs each one out of the air and holds them over his shoulder to inspect them. Suddenly there's a flash of yellow and a Red blade is aimed to stab Crazy Guy in the throat. CG barely dodges by leaning back, flipping on his hands and pushing himself further to create distance. He uses his tail to whip the 5 Kunai at the boy who just stands there. Crazy guy watches with a smile as all the knives hit, his pleasure turns to curiosity when they disappear and reappear hovering around (y/n)'s left wrist circling it.

CG: "oooooooo~ now I'm veeeeerry interested."

(Y/n): "Sorry pal, I'm taken, and she's waaaaay prettier then you are."

Crazy guy pauses a moment. Almost shocked even.

CG: "I'm sorry, I can't tell whether I want to take you seriously or not."

(Y/n) vanishes and reappears behind the man.

(Y/n): "Hey."

The man's eyes widen. He raises his arm to block the downward attack. The blades clash creating a shockwave, the two entering a blade lock.

CG: "What?!"

He looks down at his feet and sees another black Kunai impaled in the floor.

(Y/n): "Heh."

(Y/n) smirks then pushes Kioku to the side, moving the wrist blade out of the way, he backflips kicking the man in the chin. The man stumbles back holding his chin in pain.

(Y/n): "You can thank an Atlas specialist for showing me that one."

Crazy guy growls in anger. (Y/n) charges forward and ducks a sweeping kick, (y/n) smoothly moves under the kick bringing his sword up to cut the offending limb off. However the man's tail blocks the strike as he hooks his foot around catching (y/n)'s cheek. He follows up with a double fist thrust forward sending (y/n) flying back to the others. He tries to get up but falls back as his aura shatters. Crazy guy, satisfied with his work, turns and slowly approaches the girl. She quickly stands and gets ready to defend, only to be kicked in the stomach falling to the ground once more. Crazy guy raises his tail to strike.

Jaune, Ren, and Nora can't do anything but look away.

(Y/n): "RUBY!!"

As he strikes forward with a laugh, the wall beside them bursts and a sword blocks his tail with a loud

Clang!

Ruby looks up and smiles slightly at the sight.

There stood Qrow easily defending Ruby from the attack.

Qrow smiles back

Qrow: "hey..."
.
.
.
A/n: hey what up, it me. I really tried to make this fight relatively detailed since this is the first serious fight the group faces in Volume 4. Overwhelming odds, very powerful enemy and such. Anyway that being said I hope you enjoyed and as always take care and have a good one. Cheers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 8.5K 95
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
935K 21.5K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
61.8K 1.2K 46
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A PR relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando Nor...
439K 11.5K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...