The Dragon Princess

By HeavensAngels_

Jack and Hiccup go on a far away island for their last summer vacation together. On this island stands a ca... More

The Legend
Graduation
Welcome to Winged Island
Rewriting!!
First Day Complaints
Town Meeting
The Big Four: Against All Odds
Dinner With The Queen
Sleeping Princess
Dragon Training
Wakening Kiss
Listening In
Announcement
New Book!!! (And Help!!)
Royal Ball
A Walk Around the Village
A Glimpse Into The Past
A Date With The Queen
Flood of Memories
Change Is In The Air
Author's Question
Unknown Growing Feelings
Trust and Comfort
Crafting Protection
Change Of Heart
Fresh Changes
Truth Behind Actions
A Gift With Feelings
Romantic Flight
Proper Goodbye
Worried Feeling
Protection and Worry
Moving In With Him
Romantic Night
Confessions
Now or Never
Unexpected Surprise
He's Here?!
Hiccup Meets Hiccup
Accepting the Reason
Major Changes
Reassurance and Curiosity
Getting to Know Each Other
A Talk With The Queen
It's Your Birthday
Celebration Set-Up
Making Decisions
Prepping for a Surprise
Telling Him
New Possibilities
Needs to be Done
Thinking Emotions

Birthday Celebrations

106 5 2
By HeavensAngels_

Elsa's P.O.V.

By the time Jack and I returned to the field, the decorations were all set up. All that was left was to place the food, drinks, cake, and presents. Of course, a majority of the town handed gifts out yesterday, but there are gifts that I have yet to give her. Looking around the place, I couldn't help but be amazed and pleased with how everything turned out. The place looks absolutely beautiful! With the streamers, balloons, and decorations, the place has become magical. Just as it should be for my sister's birthday.

"Welcome back Your Highness," Ella, the maid I put in charge, says, "I hope everything is to your liking."

"It is! This place is absolutely beautiful!" I say, "Thank you for your help. Now, do you mind making sure the food arrives safely?"

She nods. "Of course, Your Highness."

"Thank you. Now, everyone can go get ready as we wait for everyone to arrive. And you may also get ready as well. Just make sure to keep an eye out for the food," I tell her, giving her a smile.

"Thank you, Your Highness," She smiles and gives a small curtsy before walking away with the others. I watch her walk away for a moment before turning to Jack.

"This place looks amazing!" He says, turning his attention to me with a smile.

I nod in agreement. "Yes, it certainly is amazing. Now, we should start getting ready. The ball will start in an hour."

"Alright," he begins, "How far away is the castle from here?"

Smiling, I take his hand and lead him in the direction of the castle. "About 10 minutes. Now we better start walking so we don't waste too much time."

~~An Hour Later~~

Once I was dressed in a lilac-colored a-line gown with my hair let down and my crown upon my head, I was ready to head to Astrid's birthday party. As soon as I was ready, I walk over to my vanity and open up one of the drawers to pull out a small gift box. Smiling, I place the box into a small bag and close the drawer. Grabbing the bag, I walk out of my room and meet Jack in the courtyard.

"You look beautiful, Elsa," Jack says, holding out his arms and sending a smile my way.

I smile and glance at the man in a simple white shirt and black pants. His white hair looked as if only his fingers were running through it. He gives me his charming smile that continues with his eyes.

"Thank you," I answer, walking over to him, "You don't look too bad yourself."

"Well, I try," he says, grinning, Now, shall we?" He holds out his arm for me to take.

Taking it, I give him a smile, "We shall."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid's P.O.V.

Once Hiccup and I returned from the picnic by Stormfly's grave, we immediately started getting ready for my birthday ball. I dress in the light blue gown my sister had left for me while we were gone. It's an off-the-shoulder sweetheart neckline with a tulle bodice. It has a lace overlay along the bodice and some flower overlay along the skirt. The dress itself is beautiful. Since I don't have anyone helping me get ready, I brush my hair and pin half of it up. Once my hair is set, I grab the tiara my sister packed with the gown and look at it. 

The tiara itself is beautiful. The tiara holds a collection of flowers and different kinds of crystals with a silver base. Between the crystals are a handful of gemstones: both aquamarine and blue topaz. The tiara matches perfectly with the dress she picked out. Turning my attention to the mirror, I look at myself before placing the tiara on my head. With one final look at myself, I take a breath and head downstairs.

The moment I reach the bottom of the steps, I am greeted by Hiccup in a simple suit. He gives me his crooked smile as he holds my hand, helping me down the last step.

"You look beautiful, M'lady."

"Thank you," I respond, blushing at his comment.

"Are you ready?" He asks.

Taking a deep breath, I nod. "Yeah, I'm ready."

One would think I wouldn't be nervous about my own birthday party, but yet, I am. This is my first birthday since I fell asleep 200 years ago. I know some things changed while I was asleep but some things did stay the same. I'm usually never this nervous when it comes to events revolving around me. I usually put on a smile and enjoy the event next to my sister with occasional socialization with the guests. Nerves don't usually run through my body. I'm usually the bolder one between Elsa and me, but yet, here I am, insanely nervous.

Hiccup guides me outside and to Toothless. Toothless gives us a gummy smile before bending down, allowing the two of us on his back. With little help from Hiccup, I hop onto Toothless's back before Hiccup hops on himself. Once he's on, I wrap my arms around his waist and hold on tight as he takes off. Toothless flies up into the air and glides over the island. Knowing it would take just a couple of minutes to fly to the location of the party, wherever it is, Hiccup has Toothless fly the long way around. I wasn't told where my birthday party would be held, just that it wouldn't be at the castle. I am hoping that Hiccup knows where to go through.

We fly around for about 10 minutes until Hiccup has Toothless land in a small clearing in the woods. Once on the ground, Hiccup helps me off Toothless's back and walks into the tree line. He holds my hand the entire way there, guiding me to the location of the party. Anyways, the closer we get to a crowd of noise, we run into Elsa and Jack.

"Happy Birthday, Astrid!" Elsa says, stepping forward and embracing me in a hug. "I hope you've had a good day so far."

"Yes, I have," I respond, smiling in return.

"Good!" She says, pulling away with a smile. Once she pulls away, Jack steps forward and gives me a hug of his own, wishing me a Happy Birthday along with it. I thank him and pull away, looking at the two of them with a smile.

"Alright, it's time to present you to the people," Elsa says, clasping her hands together. "Are you ready?"

In truth, I don't know if I am ready. I've been presented in front of our people so many times throughout my life. Even when I woke up from my 200-year-long nap, I was presented to them. So now, I don't understand why I don't feel ready. This is something I've done many times before, but something about this time feels different. I'm not sure why it feels different, but it does. Maybe it's just different because Hiccup is here. I'm not sure.

Before I allow myself to get more involved in my thoughts, I nod to Elsa and give her a smile. "Yeah, I'm ready."

She smiles, "Alright, I'll go make the announcement." She grips my hand and gives it a slight squeeze before walking toward a ribbon-draped entrance.

From where I stand, I see a collection of light and color. I see ribbons draped in the trees, guiding us to an entrance surrounded by ribbons and flowers. A couple of steps forward allow me to see the giant space filled with even more decorations. If I didn't know any better, I'd say my sister had something to do with all of the decorating. I don't think I've ever had a party decorated like this before. The trees were covered in silver streamers and golden bows. Candles surround the space, lighting it up with a beautiful golden glow.

I'm distracted by the beauty for a couple of minutes until a hand slips into my own. I turn my gaze to see Hiccup standing there with a smile. He brings my hand up to his lips and plants a gentle kiss on it before giving it a squeeze.

"Ready?"

With a nod, he guides me toward the entrance. We come to stop as we hear Elsa speak to our people. I take a deep breath as I wait for her to announce my presence. Hiccup stays by my side the entire time, giving my hand gentle squeezes as we wait. It doesn't take Elsa long to near the end of her speech. In all honesty, I think I missed most of it.

"It is my pleasure and my honor to present the birthday girl, my sister, to all of you tonight. Ladies and gentlemen, my sister, Princess Astrid Hofferson!"

The crowd cheers as Hiccup guides my hand forward. My hand slips out of his as I walk past the curtain and onto the makeshift stage in front of the entire town. I look at the people before me and give them all a smile as they shout "Happy Birthday" in my direction. A couple of male voices catch my attention as they wolf whistle and give me a seductive look. I can't help but shiver slightly and look away. Hopefully, I won't have to interact with any of those gentlemen tonight.

With a smile, I opened my mouth to address my people, "Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes and for joining us on this very special day. I do hope you will all enjoy the festivities that are planned for today. There is food for everyone and plenty of space for all to dance. So please, let's all have fun!"

Everyone gives a cheer before the band starts to play. Most of the crowd begins to disperse towards different areas. I watch everyone for a moment before I feel a gentle hand on my shoulder. Turning around, I see my sister with a smile on her face.

"You did wonderfully," she says, "now, let's go see where the boys are."

"Let's," I answer.

She takes my arm and we walk off the stage and into the crowd. The townspeople continue to wish me well as we walk by. I give them my thanks with a smile as we continue to walk. My eyes scan the crowd in search of an auburn-haired man with emerald eyes. So far, there's no sign of him or of his white-haired friend. We continue walking around, giving our thanks and receiving wishes from everyone we pass. As we walk, I notice a crowd of people over by the buffet making themselves plates of food. The variety of food on the table makes my mouth water. I might have to grab myself a plate later assuming the town doesn't eat it all first.

We continue walking around the space, searching for the guys only to come up empty-handed. I frown in confusion as I look over at my sister. "Where are they? They couldn't just disappear."

Elsa shrugs her shoulders as she looks around from our spot in front of the stage. "I'm not sure. Jack said they would be with the crowd."

Frowning, I look around the space again, hoping one of them would appear. It takes a couple of minutes before noticing a white blurb walking our way. Looking closer at the white hair, I see Jack walking up to us with a smile. I glance around him, hoping Hiccup would be nearby. Sadly though, that's not the case.

"Hey, I've been looking for you," Jack says, walking closer to us.

"And we've been looking for you," Elsa responds.

"Sorry," Jack answers, "I had to help Hiccup with something real quick."

"Speaking of Hiccup, where is he?" I ask, curious to know where he could be.

Jack looks at me and gives a smile, "He said he had a surprise."

"A surprise?" I ask.

As soon as he nods, a commotion catches my attention. I look toward the crowd and watch as they all turn toward the stage. Following their gaze, I spot the exact person I was looking for. Hiccup stands on stage in front of the piano and looks in my direction. His eyes catch mine and a smile spreads on his face.

"Hello everyone. My name is Hiccup Haddock and I've become a very close friend of Princess Astrids these past couple of months. As a birthday gift to her, I have a song," he says, looking around the crowd. Once his eyes meet mine again, he continues, "This song is called 'Love Like This'. I hope you enjoy it."

His gaze lingers on me for a moment before he sits in front of the piano and starts playing.

(Now Playing: Love Like This by Ben Rector) (Same video as at the top)

Never was an early riser
Used to be an up-all-nighter
Never saw the morning light quite like I do now
Never said no to a party
Never started saving money
Everything is different since you've been around

It's the way you're smiling at me
It's in the way you hold my hand
It's the way I've watched you change me
From a boy into a man
It's a million things about you
And I don't know what it is
I have never known a love like this

Never used to get excited
To sit here in the silence
Holding on to something
The way I'm holding you
Didn't used to know how fast time
Walks and runs and flies by
I never thought I'd feel so deeply, but damn I do

It's the way you're smiling at me
It's in the way you hold my hand
It's the way I've watched you change me
From a boy into a man
It's a million things about you
And I don't know what it is
But I have never known a love like this

It's funny how everything I dreamed about
Starts to seem so empty without you

It's the way you're smiling at me
It's in the way you hold my hand
It's the way I've watched you change me
From a boy into a man
It's a million things about you
And I don't know what it is
But I have never known a love like this
I have never known a love like this

The last note hangs in the air as the crowd applauds the song. My gaze locks with Hiccup as I step toward the stage. I quickly walk around and walk up onto the stage, meeting Hiccup in the middle of the stage. We're only inches apart but I can't help the smile that spreads to my face. No words are spread between the two of us as he takes a hold of my hands and looks me in the eyes. He takes a deep breath before speaking.

"Princess Astrid Hofferson, I love you."

The words ring in my ears as a blush crosses my cheeks. The same words flow through my mind as I open my mouth, hoping to say them aloud. Nothing comes out, so instead, I decided to use action. Standing on my tiptoes, I close the distance between us and plant my lips on his. The kiss is gentle yet expresses the amount of love I feel for this man already. Pulling away just enough to catch our breath, the words finally leave my lips.

"I love you too, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third."

With a smile, he presses his lips to mine as the crowd cheers once more. This has been the best birthday I've ever had. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! 

I know it's taken me quite a long time to get this update done. I'm sorry it took so long, but I felt like there was a lot going on in my mind as well as not enough. I had a hard time coming up with an idea for this story and I know I'm going to have trouble with an idea for the next chapter. If you happen to have any ideas of what you'd like to see next, please let me know! 

Anyways, I know there is so much I could say, but I've already kept your attention long enough with this update. I know I would also have questions for you but the only questions I have are as follows: 

1) Do you have any ideas of what you would like to see in the next chapter? 

2) Did you like this chapter? If so, was it good or bad? 

Those are the only questions I have for this update. I do hope you enjoyed it and I hope to get more updates coming soon. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic New Year. I also hope you have an amazing year and holiday! 

I love and thank you all! 

~~HeavensAngels_😇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

460K 6.7K 41
A story about Hiccup and Astrid on Berk. They are now 21. Takes place after httyd 2. This is my first story ever so please don't hate. Sorry if I hav...
148K 3.9K 20
This story take place during the events of frozen but before the events of HTTYD2 . The story mostly follows the plot line of frozen until the thi...
77.3K 1.4K 55
Modern Hiccstrid love story! Regular updates!!! Requests are welcome x Hope you enjoy :)
101K 2.9K 33
This story is of how Hiccup and the team are 20 years old now, Hiccup has his own place as does his team. After Hiccup and astrid start to date a new...