The Bad Batch: A Heart-breaki...

Od betheyes

One of the batchers has been acting strange according to Omega but the brothers don't acknowledge it. So Omeg... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Final Chapter

Chapter 17

64 2 1
Od betheyes

Tech woke with a gasp as he tried to sit up only to find hands forcing him down, “Easy Caleb” the soothing voice of none other than Kix reached his ears. “You definitely know how to cause people to lose their hair, be glad Echo has none,” the medic joked as he removed the tube in the engineer's throat and passed him a cup of water. Tech knew the drill he sipped it down. “How long was I out?” Tech asked looking at Kix who frowned, “4 days”. Tech gasped, he had to move, a hand on his arm stopped him, “Don’t worry, Crosshair isn’t going to kill you for using his bed” Kix smiled as he spoke. Tech glared at the medic but it softened when he saw his sleeping twin in his cancer chair. “Please tell me he hasn’t been here the whole time” Kix shook his head as he assessed his vitals, Tech let out a breath. He would kill his younger brother if he had stayed here the whole time. “No he hasn’t but the man on your other side has”. Tech frowned looking the other way to see Echo asleep across what looked like a lounger, he looked back at Kix who wore an expression almost to say ‘don’t ask. I have no clue where the lounger came from’. “Fives?” “Probs known that kid”. Sometimes it only occurred to Tech that Kix said most words like he was a lot older than them all. Kix passed a clipboard over that was full of medical words, in short Tech had pneumonia and it caused his heart to stop twice. “Who restarted it?” Tech asked almost too afraid to hear the answer, Kix sighed as he turned his body so Tech could see his actions. The doctor only did one thing, he pointed at the sleeping body of his twin. Tech groaned, he would never hear the end of it now. “Get some rest, Wrecker and Hunter should be here in about an hour, once they finish work that is” Kix said, patting his shoulder as the older man left the room for a few minutes only to reappear with some bottles of water for them all. Tech watched as Kix made himself comfortable in the chair in the corner of the room, the doctor getting a small break as well as watching over the twins. 

Two hours later…

Tech swore he could hear laughter and whispers but he was sure he had dreamed it, the distinctive voice of them all sounded like his husband but why would Echo be laughing unless it was at him? Oh god what did he do or more importantly what didn’t he do. His brain was over working which quickened his breathing up. Where was Crosshair? Was he alright?

“Tech’s awake” the monotone voice of his twin by his side broke through his jumbled thoughts as Tech’s eyes sprang open searching the room in a panic. Another hand appeared to touch his cheek when he screamed, startling the occupants of the room. “GET OFF!” Tech screamed. Echo stood in fear as the group backed up with the exception of Crosshair who remained beside his thrashing twin. “Cross?” The marksman ignored them all as he stroked his brother's hair and started to hum a familiar lullaby, Omega perked up hearing it, she knew that tune but from where. Hunter smirked, recognising it, he kneeled beside Omega and whispered, “Crosshair, used to sing the song to you as a lullaby back in the army days. He was the only one able to settle you down until he taught me something else”. Omega only nodded as the group watched, mesmerised as Tech’s hazel eyes widened when he recognised the tune. Tech reached up to feed his hand into his twins, Crosshair allowed a rare smile to fall upon his features as he gestured for Echo to come over. The man moved into Tech’s view which made the engineer smile brightly as he reached to hug Echo. 

Crosshair moved away knowing he had done his job, he moved back over to his seat where Hunter was sitting with Omega in his lap. The marksman grumbled to himself but something stopped him in his tracks, he looked towards the door to see a smiling Kix leaning against the doorframe. Crosshair walked over to him only to be wrapped up in a tight hug, “I’m proud of you Tristan” Crosshair only nodded, they hugged for a few minutes before Kix then left to go finish up his shift, he was done for the night. Hearing laughter Crosshair took a glance back to see Tech laughing with their family, taking a deep breath. Crosshair grabbed his jacket well Hunters and slipped out of the room to go for a small walk since he was restless. His mind was occupied with the events of the past week. Tomorrow was the funeral for Amber, she would be having a small private funeral. Rex had asked Crosshair to carry the coffin, the marksman agreed since Hunter said he would to. Rex had insisted Hunter would be behind Crosshair while Fives and Jesse were going to carry the other side. Although Amber was only small, Ahsoka insisted that four people she trusted carried her daughter's coffin. Crosshair smiled remembering Fives look when he was asked. It was almost like the time the arc-trooper was told to jump out of the plane with no-parachute, he was scared but told Rex and Ahsoka he would happily carry his adoptive daughter on his shoulder until she rested in her bed of angels. That brought tears to the room. They would be carrying her on their shoulders out of respect and the young angel would get a beautiful send off, Ahsoka would make sure of it. 

A hand on his shoulder made him jump, “Are you alright?”. Three words Crosshair despised but he knew that tone anywhere, gentle arms wrapped around his waist pulling him close to a strong chest. “I wish it was me, Ahsoka and Rex. They don’t…” Crosshair admitted out-loud the truth he had been holding in for so long, “Tris, please don’t speak like that…..Shhhh”. Hunter rocked the two of them back and forward as Crosshair snaked his arms around his husband’s neck, the two swayed finding comfort in the stars above. “Please, don't ever wish you were dead. Please I can’t imagine a life without you, I love you Tris and nothing is going to change that. They say everything happens for a reason and I believe you are meant to be here. So none of that nonsense crap otherwise I’m telling Tech” Hunter scolded his love who only smiled at every word. Crosshair only sighed into Hunter’s arms as the two continued to sway in the hospital's gardens. 

Rex and Ahsoka smiled from where they leaned against a nearby wall, the two looked at one another as they did something that they may regret later on. They kissed each other, whether it was in the heat of the moment. The two forgot about their surroundings. Across the corridor Echo and Fives were talking while Wrecker, Hera and Omega showed Tech a few things, the twins were playfully shoving each other when Fives stumbled. He would have face-planted if it weren’t for Echo’s reflex but sadly the angle he was at. Gave him front row seats to Rex and Ahsoka’s kiss, Fives gasped quietly but it was enough for Echo to notice his twin had froze up. 

“Fives?” Echo asked in concern as he watched his twin shut down slightly. Echo moved to investigate only to frown at what he saw. “Fives?” “Leave it” “But..” “Leave it Echo” “Okay”. Echo watched Fives walk down the corridor in the direction of the car park where his car was, he mumbled something that sounded like, “I’m popping a message”. All Echo could do was watch as Fives left the hospital without telling anyone where he was going.

Shaking his head, Echo headed back for Tech’s room. He had a feeling something was about to kick off but it seemed it would have to wait until after the funeral. About two hours had passed by the time Hunter returned with a sleeping Crosshair in his arms, Wrecker quickly made room as he moved off the spare bed so Hunter could put the marksman down but Hunter shook his head. “I think it's time we go home, Kix said Tech is free to leave if he wants to” Hunter said with a smile as he adjusted his husband who now wore his rings again, Echo nodded noticing the rings straight away. “It’s about time!” Wrecker whispered, which made them all smile. “Hey Hunter we have a problem. How are we going to get home?” Echo asked. Hunter frowned, not thinking much about it. “Tech’s mini is parked in Kix’s bay, I’ve just had it…” Crosshair mumbled to Hunter who seemed to understand his broken speech. 

“Need a lift?” The cheery voice of none other than Fives appeared from the doorway. Standing beside him were Rex and Ahsoka, the two looking confused at the man who had remained silent beside them through their whole walk. “Yes, if you don’t mind” Hunter said, adjusting Crosshair who snuggled into him, the marksman had offered to walk but his husband had said a firm no, Hunter knew his love was exhausted. 

“Who am I taking?” Fives asked as the group made their way through the hospital. Omega and Hera stumbling to keep up, Wrecker took pity on them as he picked them up. The two were grateful for the giant's help. “We can jump in” Echo said while gesturing at him and Tech. His twin only nodded. Fives made them wait at the entrance where his car was while he went to fetch the mini off Kix who still had the keys after Crosshair’s insistence. Soon enough, the two cars were leaving the hospital and driving home down the dark highway. In the mini there was some chatter while in the police cruiser it was deadly silent. Ahsoka sat behind Rex with a smile on her face while Tech had squeezed in the middle beside Echo. The police officer kept giving his twin a strange look but he wasn’t the only one, Rex was looking at Fives with concern and when the man reached across to squeeze Fives hand. His twin only raised an eyebrow. 

Thankfully the radio flickered to life, Rex went to grab it when Fives turned it off. “Fives?” Rex questioned but he was silenced by Fives speaking into his ear, “Understood Commander. Yes, I will get right to it. You should have it by the morning” Fives answered. “Who was that?” Rex asked, “Cody” “Oh god what did he want at this time of night?”. Fives only frowned, “Don’t worry about it, Rex. I have it covered” Fives winked at his concerned boyfriend who only rose an eyebrow at Fives suspicious behaviour. Thankfully the group had arrived at the batchers house Tech and Echo climbed out. The latter thanked them before the two followed the rest of their family into the house. 

Fives didn’t move until he watched the door to the batchers house shut. Ahsoka shared a look with Rex who shrugged his shoulders. It took another ten minutes for the three to reach their home, Fives made sure to enter last as he locked up. A habit Fives had picked up years ago, he had to check and make sure everything was locked before he headed to bed, if not he would be awake with paranoia all night. After a shower to clear his head, Fives settled into bed when he noticed Rex was absent for not only the first time this month but it was starting to bug the ex-arc trooper. Turning over, Fives turned the lamp off as he looked at the stars flickering in the dark night. Call him selfish but it seemed that losing Amber meant losing Rex to, involuntarily a tear slipped down his face. All this time, he had held strong but now he just felt like crying so he did one of things he hadn’t done since he had left the army. Fives got changed into his motorbike overalls and silently crept down the stairs to the mansion of their home. He walked past the living room where he could hear laughing, he peeked his head in the room to see Ahsoka kiss Rex. That was all it took, Fives walked quickly to the garage and without hesitating he opened the garage doors which were on a timer before he started up his bike that made a noise startling the occupants in the house. 

Rex gasped hearing the familiar bike, he rushed to his feet calling out his boyfriend's name as Fives drove out of the garage into the dark night. Rex frowned looking down at Ahsoka who had tears in her eyes, the two realised only then their big mistake.

Thats it for now! Enjoy!
Thank you for the reads, votes and comments! Stick around for more :)

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

7.8K 301 26
In which a genetically enhanced clone runs around a changed galaxy with her brothers and newfound little sister all while keeping a major secret in f...
34.5K 678 40
"They call themselves, The Bad Batch" Genesis the first female clone is a defective clone with enhanced abilities, just like her brothers, Hunter, Cr...
148K 4.7K 45
When she was asked to join the Bad Batch she though little to nothing about it. I mean she was a doctor after all and her job was to make sure the cl...
33.2K 1.5K 27
"Choose a side.. we all have to now." Noble knew from the visions that the END was coming... With the Bad Batch unknowingly going into this so called...