The Billionaire's Rebellious...

By sweetdreamer33

Elena will do anything to save her very ill mother from dying. She has no choice but to plead for help from h... More

The Billionaire's Rebellious Bride
Prologue
1 - "Begging for his mercy."
2. "What's the catch?"
3. "You're inviting trouble."
4. "What did I miss?"
5. "First meeting"
6. "The old devil!"
7. "Here comes the bride."
8. "First kiss."
9. "Why are you taking your clothes off?"
10. "Did she call me a devil?"
11. "You're trespassing!"
12. "It's my business. I'm your husband."
13. "You got me."
14. "Are you jealous?"
15. "Now he knows."
16. "Kiss me."
17. "What just happened?"
18. "I need more tea."
19. "Getting steamy."
20. "The morning after."
21. "Why did you lie?"
22. "It feels like falling in love."
23. "You're hurting me."
24. "Where's Elena?"
25. "Steamy night."
26. "I'm not jealous."
27. "Another coincidence."
28. "The couch."
29. "Getting sweeter."
30. "Kiss me more."
31. "French Macaroons."
32. "Say I love you instead."
33. "Are you pregnant?"
34. "Love and coffee."
35. "Meeting Trisha."
36. "Talk to me."
37. "I promise you."
38. "Were you looking for me?"
39. "We need to talk."
41. "He should know."
42. "Let's talk."
43. "Back in his arms."
44. "I'll be there home."
45. "Still very possessive."
46. "The truth."
47. "He's a murderer."
48. "Rebel bride, no more."
49. "I don't need the tea."
Epilogue
The Billionaire's Sweet Trouble

40. "She's invisible."

163K 8.4K 1.1K
By sweetdreamer33

Chapter Forty

Adonis' POV

I entered the Stavrakos Mansion and parked my car at the front door. It was the first time I came home after my breakup with Elena.

Stunned after my conversation with Celine, I felt cold, numbed and shocked. I didn't remember how I got here. My subconscious led me home.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Stavrakos. It's good to see you back," Bernard, the butler, greeted me, the moment I entered the house. I gave him a nod, and I went to the bar counter and took a shot of brandy.

I needed alcohol to relieve from the shock.

I recalled my conversation with Celine.

"We have no fear telling the truth anymore. Papa had a stroke, he could never threaten Elena anymore."

"What do you mean threaten?" I was stunned from what I heard. The thought of someone threatening Elena made my temper rise.

Her lips twisted, "let me start from the very beginning..."

I listened to her as she narrated her story. Eloping with the Englishman driver that made her father, Constantine Pallis so mad. Unfortunate events happened, the man she loved died on the eve of their wedding. She was pregnant and jobless. She asked for her father's forgiveness, but the latter callously disowned her.

My heart felt so heavy, like it was squeeze a million times, upon hearing how Elena suffered. She grew up working many jobs - a janitor in a public toilet, scrubbing floors and toilets bowls, a dishwasher, waitress, a gasoline girl on weekends and many more.

She did not go to college because Celine could not afford to enroll her. So she worked as an all-around assistant of a fashion manufacturing company. It figured why she was good in fashion designing. She learned from experience, and that made me so proud of her.

"I was very ill, I had Stage A Liver cancer," she continued, "we had no choice but to beg for Papa's help. Elena would wait outside the gates of the mansion for hours. She would bear the heavy rain or the heat of the sun, for her grandpa to see her. Of course, you know him, he's a very stubborn man. He made sure that she'd suffer first."

I clenched my fist, not liking at all what I heard. That bastard old man!

"So, after many days of Elena waiting, he finally agreed to see her. He would pay all my medical expenses, in one condition. She should marry you."

"Of course, she accepted. She had no choice."

"Exactly. She would do anything to save me," she smiled, "she's very selfless. She would rather suffer instead of me."

"Yeah, I can see that now."

"You know, she's so brave. She agreed to marry you right away without even knowing who you were. The risk involved there was very scary. She never dated or had a boyfriend. She thought it was a waste of time."

"No boyfriend? But what about Christian Firth?"

"As her ex? That was fake. As well as all Elena's social media accounts, the shopping spree of luxurious brands, travels around the world, articles written in the Eekipedia... everything, they are all fake. Papa paid an internet expert to make it all up."

"Wait... you mean, she never had a relationship with Firth?"

"Never. She only set eyes on him during your mother's birthday celebration. I believe he owed something from Papa, so he had no choice also but to agree on it."

I couldn't believe what I heard.

She touched my arm, patting gently, "there's nothing going on between Elena and Christian. I should know, because she told me everything. They're just friends."

"Oh God..." I groaned, holding my temples together.

__

The following day, I had an interview with an early morning TV show. Afterwards, I sent Elena a bunch of flowers with a note, asking if we could talk.

At ten, I was outside her office, waiting for her to arrive.

"What time does she usually arrive?" After an hour of waiting, I asked Elena's executive secretary, a petite Asian woman with a tight bun.

"She's usually here by nine. Something must keep her from coming early," she answered, then immediately left.

I continued to wait, and sip the already cold coffee, that was given to me an hour ago.

Two hours later, I was still in Elena's office. I asked the same employee, and she said, "she's on her way now, sir."

After three hours of waiting.

Where the hell is she? It's already past one.

I called Elena's number but it won't ring. Either she blocked me or changed her number.

Another employee passed in front of me, and I asked her.

"Excuse me. Is Elena coming? It's almost two in the afternoon."

She looked at me with a smile plastered on her face. A smile that did not even reach her eyes.

"Miss Pallis is not coming today."

What the hell! After three hours of waiting?

I was controlling my temper by forcing a smile, "The other employee said that Elena is on her way."

"Miscommunication. That's always the problem here, and of course, people who don't listen to explanation," she said curtly.

She looked angry and her eyes like bullets, aiming at me. Is she trying to imply something?

I read her name tag. Sheila. Elena's personal assistant.

"Sheila. Can I have Elena's personal number? I need to talk to her. This is very urgent."

"Hmm. We're not allowed to give her number, Mr. Stavrakos. I'm sorry."

"Come on, I'm her husband."

"Correction. Ex-husband, sir," Her plastered smile faded, her chin lifted so high, "if you'll excuse me, I'm very busy."

She left before I could ask her more about Elena.

Dammit!

I left the Pallis Center Building and went to the Pallis Mansion.

It was three in the afternoon, and I was hungry and thirsty. I realized I had not taken my lunch yet.

"I need to talk to Elena. Let me in." I insisted when the guards kept on denying my entry.

"You're not expected, sir. Miss Pallis don't accept visitors at the moment," the guard said.

"Dammit," I groaned aloud, "let me in. I'm her husband."

"Not anymore, sir," the guard clicked his tongue, "if you want to see her, ask for an appointment in her office. Look for Sheila."

Impossible. That woman obviously hated me.

I called my executive secretary, William to talk to Elena's personal assistant, Sheila, and book me an appointment for tomorrow morning.

After thirty minutes, William called back.

"I could not get you an appointment for tomorrow, sir. That woman," he hissed, "Sheila, is very stubborn. She said, Miss Pallis' schedule for this week and next, is fully book. The latest she can give you is in two months."

"Two months! What the hell! I need to talk to Elena now," I burst, "I'll go there tomorrow in her office, with or without an appointment."

"Um... I don't think that's possible anymore, sir. Sheila got so mad at me, we had a little... um argument. I apologize sir, she banned you from entering the Pallis' building."

"What?!"

The following morning, I was talking to the security guard at the Pallis building, asking him to let me in. I was becoming very persistent.

"We have strict order, sir. You're not allowed to enter the premises. If you really want to talk to Miss Pallis, book an appointment at the Pallis Mansion. Talk to Sheila."

What the hell. Sheila again!

I did everything, even bribe the guard, but it did not work.

"Okay, I'll let you talk to the receptionist in the lobby. That's all I can help, sir."

"Thank you."

I talked to the male receptionist and asked for an appointment. The latest he could give was three months.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Stavrakos, personal matters are not urgent in the office. Talk to Sheila instead. She's Miss Pallis personal assistant."

Her again.

"Then make it a business matter, for heaven's sake! I want to talk to Elena, NOW!" I burst at the middle-aged man, and his eyes grew enormous.

"Guard!! Guard!!" He shouted.

So fast, five men dragged me out of the Pallis Center building.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5M 527K 72
Previously known as Married to my sister's fiancé "Are you......Emily Jones? The biological daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jones?" The lawyer asked and I n...
7.9M 476K 51
To take over her injured aunt's job temporarily- Pia Rosi, a newly graduated historian, offered to work as a maid to the highly powerful Greek billio...
1M 27.1K 47
Written when I was 16, practically cringy and dumb so read at your own risk (Part 1) He stood there in his tall and intimidating glory cowering my 5...
76.3K 2K 39
Hello my fellow readers this book is now back on this platform, sorry that there is no picture beyond chapter 6 , I am still looking for the same one...