Watching Accelerator

By -Tsugi-

This will be a story where the characters watch Accelerator. I do specifically mean Accelerator, the characte... More

Pulling them
Index 1 episode 19
Index 1 Episode 20
Accelerator episode 1
Accelerator Episode 2
Accelerator episode 3
Accelerator episode 4
Accelerator episode 5
Accelerator episode 6
Accelerator episode 7
Accelerator episode 9
Accelerator episode 10
Accelerator episode 11
Accelerator episode 12
Railgun S 11
Index ll ep 7 & Endymion
Index ll episode 17
Index ll episode 18
Index ll episode 19
Index ll episode 20
Index ll episode 21
Index ll episode 22
Index ll Episode 24
Index lll Episode 3 & 4
Index lll episode 5
Index lll episode 6
Index lll episode 15
Index lll episode 16
Index lll Episode 17
Index lll Epi 18 & 19
Index lll episode 20
Index lll episode 21
Index lll episode 22 and 23
Index lll episode 24 and 25
Index lll Episode 26
Normal? What's that?
People with power are assholes...
Kids, huh?
Fail
Legs, man who needs'em?
Should've listened, hm?
Figured it out

Index ll episode 23

216 6 29
By -Tsugi-

3rd pov

Accelerator shifts, stretching his legs out from where they had been folded up under him, wincing as his bad leg twinges, but doesn't bother to do more for it. Yomikawa rolls her eyes and reaches over from next to him and starts to gently massage the around his knee, amused when a smaller hands joins hers, guiding Mikoto in how to massage the muscles and leg correctly to actually help.

Heaven grabs a snack, almost wishing he had a beer or something, since he has a feeling things are only going to get worse from here on out. Index has not stopped eating, though she does pause to let herself finally get a drink of her drink, thirst getting the better of her. Last Order shifts in order to get a bit more comfortable, wanting to know what happened next. 

Touma watches the two girls as they massage the albino's bad leg, planning to ask Yomikawa to show him so he can help if its necessary, more than willing to learn something new like that and it might be helpful in a different way later on. Yoshikawa is trying her hardest to remember hat followed after this.

Index is looking down at someone, eyes wide and worry showing through clearly. "Hey, that was crazy, you ok?" The windows of the building are still destroyed, a body just barely sprawled across the corner of the screen, Index standing at Accelerator's feet, the teen in question resting with his back against the table Last Order is on, both legs lifted up at the knees, hands resting on the ground and head slumped forward. "What was that stuff that came out of your back? It looked a lot like telesma..." Index sounds worried and extremely confused as she speaks.

"Those are all good questions, but maybe getting him help is a bit more necessary, Index." Touma mutters softly, well aware she knows this now and likely even then, but she can be a bit forgetful and a tad bit slow sometimes.

"I was working up to that!" Index protests immediately, because she had indeed been a bit slow on the uptake then, but there had been more things on her mind and she was confused.

"What the hell do you mean about telesma?" Yoshikawa asks, because she knows a bit about those, had looked into anything she found interesting, and that is not something that is scientific in any real way.

"Shit, you look so damn tired and defeated despite winning that damn battle. I really hate that." Mikoto grumbles, a frown on her face as she crosses her arms, because she might get some enemies that push her hard and beat her to exhaustion, but she has back up as well.

"Oh fucking hell, things are not going well." Yomikawa winces, because she can already read the damn pain and exhaustion in Accelerator's body, in the way he is slumped and resting right now.

"You're really hurt as well, I hope you get medical attention soon, for the love of god." Heaven really hates seeing injuries that he can not treat, that he knows he did not in fact treat at all, but he can't do anything about it.

"Fuckin hell, why the shit would you try and talk to me, I still couldn't understand jack shit for the love of god." Accelerator really does not know why people seem to not understand the simple facts of his disability, but he also knows that not everyone knows the truth of it, so he can forgive them since they at this point don't know.

"Misaka is not very happy with how hard you pushed yourself, lectures Misaka Misaka, hating that you can not take care of yourself in any manner of the word, but will kill yourself for others." Last Order does not look impressed even slightly, but she also knows she can not help him alone - not fix, he is not some thing that's broken, he is a person and he needs help, not to be fixed - and is glad for the help from others. 

"Hello? Wanna tell me what happened over there?" Index jolts at the voice. Mikoto is still standing out in the rain, unconscious bodies on the ground around her, a hand on her hip, looking unimpressed. "Those freaky wings in the sky seem to have disappeared." She's looking at the sky, phone to her ear, looking serious and calm despite everything. Accelerator's eyes can not be seen, bangs covering his eyes, mouth set in a frown, though he must be at least partially awake. Index is still watching him. "I'm done here, so if you need help I can head your way."

"No, no way in hell, do not let that fucking happen Index!" Touma jumps in, because Mikoto meeting a completely helpless, defenseless, unaware Accelerator, with a mini clone in the room and the soldiers all around would be an absolute mess, without a damn doubt since she had still hated him back then.

"I was not planning on it, I was far more interested in other things, I can't say I even heard her, honestly." Index mutters wryly, because she's not certain she did hear the girl, her thoughts more on the telesma she had felt from the boy at the time, as well as the night in general.

"Oh my god, you took them all out and are perfectly fine, thank god, but I have to agree, do not go there." Yomikawa really does not want to see what that interaction would be like, especially since Index does not appear to be a fighter in any way.

"Misaka thinks big sister should get out of the rain before she gets sick, exclaims Misaka Misaka, wondering if any of the people around her have any self preservation instincts at all!" Last Order really wants to know why none of them seem to understand that their health is important, but she can help with that, slowly.

"You really went on a bit of a rampage, didn't you?" Heaven muses, because he knows she had absolutely knocked out every last soldier that had come up to her, without a doubt, plus they had seen her defeat at least 3 prior, plus the ones around her, she really does deserve her title of a level 5.

"I am extremely worried that we can not see anything but the frown on your face, because your eyes are always the give away." Yoshikawa really hates when he hides his eyes, because he's locking them out, hiding away and you can always tell because a sort of change comes over the beautiful red iris'.

"For the love of all things fucking holy, just go get some goddamn help, you fucking brat! It's not like we're going to get any damn better with you just standing there staring at us, damnit!" Accelerator grumbles, so damn done with the nun just staring at him, obviously trying to figure him out while he was completely unaware of her for the most part.

"Yeah, don't worry about that, this idiot more than dealt with everything perfectly fine on her damn own." Mikoto waves a hand at Index flippantly, almost hurt by the reactions everyone has, but she is well aware that at that point if she had come across that scene, she'd have likely hurt Accelerator far worse than he already was, regardless of his state and might even have run a risk of killing the albino as well. 

Index seems to realize something from that, her arms rising a bit in worry. "I need to get a doctor here-" She turns and starts to head out of view, her voice still carrying and filled with worry as she moves. "-as soon as possible!" "Hey! Hold on!" Mikoto is clearly trying to get her to explain or anything really, but nothing more can be heard. Accelerator is still bruised, eyes closed from where he's resting slumped against the table. The sound of footsteps fades away.

"Fuck, I wish there was someone there you could leave to at least watch over those two, damn." Touma is fretting a bit, because the albino is down and out for the moment, everything fucked up and completely unable to do much, while Last Order has not moved at all of her own accord since the damn moment she was first seen on the table.

"I really hate that there was nothing I could do there, but I did my best." Index had not liked having to leave two injured, mostly out of it people alone, but she has no medical knowledge and nothing to help them with.

"Fucking hell, there's no reason for you to ignore your phone like that, she might've been able to guide you through treating them or something, so you could call for medics." Yoshikawa sighs, because sometimes she wonders if these kids think or if panic and adrenaline makes it harder for them.

"Oh my god, I can't even tell you how much I fuckin wish I was able to be there to watch over you two shits." Yomikawa really hates seeing the two of them so weak and defenseless, neither able to do anything for the other anymore.

"For the love of everything, Index you should've called the damn hospital or the police, not left them alone! I could've done something, sat guard outside or some shit, if you had told me, anything but leaving them the fuck alone!" Mikoto groans, but she is also aware she'd peeked in to know they were actually alive and ok, so maybe not.

"The injuries are pretty bad, but so urgent that you needed to leave them alone and get help yourself?" Heaven isn't sure he believes that, not in the slightest bit.

Accelerator watches, and then he tenses up, recalling exactly what happens after this, how he had agreed to work with people he would rather not in order to settle a debt and get back at the fuckers trying to mess with the damn kid What would his frie- family think of it?

"Misaka thinks you should've called someone instead of leaving us alone! Something is going to happen, this night is not over yet! Cries Misaka Misaka, upset because she knows something will happen, just not what." Last Order is almost in tears, because whatever happens next, he avoids her in specific and she has to look for him. 

He tips his head back, a furrow of pain along his face, teeth grit as well. He groans, sounding exhausted and perhaps a tad in pain. Metallic footsteps come, the albino not bothering to open his eyes or anything, too tired to do so. 'Accelerator. I would like a word with you. Do you think you can manage?' The voice sounds pleasant, distinctly male as it is, and the red eyes - tired, hurting, exhausted, done - open, focusing on the ceiling first.

"Who the hell is that and what the fuck was that noise?" Mikoto is on alert, because she is almost certain she recognizes that sound, but that voice is not one she has heard before, yet still manages to have all of her senses on high alert.

"Fuck, you are so damn done, have given everything and now this asswad wants to ask for more? Who the hell does he think he is?" Touma is certain Accelerator will tell them to fuck off and leave him alone, but another part of him says they have something on his brother, that they can use to their advantage.

"Shit, that can't be good in any damn way, bitch ass motherfuckers, what are they thinking?" Yomikawa recognizes that sounds as well, since they are in fact used by Anti-Skill on occasion, but who the hell else would possibly use those kinds of machines, and why the fuck would they want to talk to Accelerator?

"Misaka does not like him, declares Misaka Misaka, not feeling an ounce of hesitation and hoping this man will go away." Last Order is firm on this, her arms crossed over her chest, body tense and easily displaying her anger.

"Oh shit, is that what I fucking think it is? Those assholes didn't wait very fuckin long, did they?" Yoshikawa hates that she is likely right, but there's no damn doubt in her mind she is. What the hell are they planning though?

"They didn't give you a chance to recover at all. You need to get some sleep, to eat and drink and just in general be left alone to recover from over using your power and then pushing yourself, but they aren't going to give that, are they?" Index's questions are more rhetorical than not, because even she can see that these fuckers are going to drag the teen into something, in one way or another.

"They really should give you more of a chance to relax, hmm. What would the punishment for something like this usually be again?" Heaven hates having to remind them of something like that, but he has no doubt the albino himself will mention it, likely had already accepted it as soon as he started doing the shit he was doing.

"Fucking death, typically in one way or another. Property damage, murder, probably a shit ton of other things Kihara pinned on me like a bitch, death by experimentation or just in general are the punishments." At seeing the gazes being directed at him, worried and scared, Accelerator growls and adds, 'I was perfectly fine you bitches, nothing has happened, so stop giving me that damn look." 

"Huh?" He tips his head to the side, to see three armored suits, all black and one carrying a weapon, the nozzle of the gun aimed at a wall nowhere near any of them. 'That was telepathy. And I have a small amount of computing power back too.' He sounds surprised, but more exhausted and like he's trying to figure things out. 'How observant.' A new shadow moves closer, distinctly human from the shape and sound alone. 'I made arrangements for several telepathic Espers.' Accelerator is still slumped where he was, only his head turned to face them, the battle having used most of his energy.

"Shit, his voice sets me on high alert and pisses me off at the same time, what the hell? Who the fuck in this city can make arrangements for Espers? The board?" Touma demands, because damnit, this seems like the damn teen getting his punishment before he's even completely recovered or had a chance to.

"Ohhh?" Heaven muses, because he recognizes that voice, how the hell could he not when the fucker continues to mess with his damn patients regardless of the warnings he gives?

"Shit, those are dangerous damn machines, and who the hell is in the room with you, because if he has telepathic Espers, there's no damn way he's in the room. Punishments can't be decided without the consent and permission of the damn guardian, so who the fuck is this?" Yomikawa is almost panicking, because that is her child - children, Last Order is still out on the table - being threatened with no one present to protect them.

"Shit, that absolute fucker, whoever this is they are fucked up somehow, considering they have no sense of damn sympathy, demanding something of him while he's still trying to get himself back in shape after a damn fight like that." Yoshikawa has a horrible idea of who this might be, but sincerely hopes she's wrong because there's no fucking way.

"I fucking hate how damn exhausted you sound, because no one should sound like that, not at all, but here you are. Goddamnit, with no protection or anything, these assholes can pretty much get away with anything right fuckin now, damnit!" Mikoto growls, electricity sparking around, because that is her brother, her Sister, in trouble with no one able to help them in any way.

"They must've been desperate for this to be private, considering I was gone before they showed up, but it was almost as soon as I was out of hearing that they approached, how interesting." Index wonders what drove this man to go so damn far that he would decide to set his eyes on the 1st ranked Esper of the city, much less the other shit that was likely his plan.

"Misaka does not like anything about him, mutters Misaka Misaka, shifting in discomfort and wondering if it's possible to stop hearing him?" Last Order doesn't like him, there's something about the man that has her on edge, like he's done something she can not forgive, but she's not certain fucking what.

"Fuckin bastards..." Accelerator grumbles softly, because these assholes had waited until he was fuckin down before approaching, because they were so damn scared of him, like pussies. 

'Whatever. What do you want?' The three machines and the person in shadow are still off to his side, remaining a respectable distance away. 'I would like to talk to you about the series of disturbances you caused, as well as the damage Academy City has suffered as a result of recent events.' Accelerator doesn't look like he gives a damn, looking every bit the teen about to sleep due to exhaustion. 'Is my punishment to be sliced and diced for research purposes?' The boy sounds completely calm, as if he already knew the outcome.

"Why the actual fucking hell do you sound so damn calm about the thought that you could be fucking killed for research purposes?" Mikoto demands, worried the stupid bastard is suicidal, but mostly concerned because that is something she herself has always feared to a large extent.

"Dear fucking lord, are they really fucking bringing this shit up now? And why the ever loving fucking shit is that the first punishment to come to your damn mind?" Yomikawa groans, wondering how the fuck that is his first thought, though she worries about his mental state to be able to sound so damn calm while speaking of his own death.

"Fuckin hell..." Touma breathes, because if that is one of the first things to go through his mind as punishment, is it because of his experience in the dark side or because of his status as a level 5 Esper? Neither is a good answer for him.

"I really don't like the fact that he is choosing to bring up the damage and disturbances after he likely chose not to make any move against the stuff going down." Index frowns, she's not certain why, but she has the really strong feeling that this asshole happens to have chosen to wait to see how things went down first.

"This is concerning, because that means you knew the damn consequences you damn brat, and still chose this damn path?! What about the rest of us, you fuck?!" Yoshikawa hisses, tears gathering in her eyes because this little idiot doesn't realize he's loved.

"No, no, it's not allowed, Misaka won't allow it, none of us!" Last Order can't think, she just reacts, electricity sparking around her as tears stream down her face, struggling against the arms around her waist in order to get free and do... do... do something, damnit, because that's her brother, her guardian, her everything and she refuses to see him sentenced to death for his actions.

"Fucking hell, chill out brat! I'm right fucking here, you stupid fucking idiot! Calm the hell down, goddamnit!" Accelerator grits out, arms clamped around the tiny girls waist, before he yanks her back, wincing a bit as she thuds against his chest but hoping this fucking works, he moves quickly dragging one hand away from her waist to put around the back of her head, shoving it against his chest where she'll be able to hear his heart. It takes a few moments, but the flailing and fighting dies down, her hands clamping down on his shirt, tears soaking the material, but she does not move.

"To think the plan was something like this." Heaven refuses to even think of what the bigger plan might be, because just this small chunk has him wanting to punch the damn man in the face, so he'll just go along with the small pieces he's shown. It's better for everyone's health that way. 

'That is one route we could take.' The tone of the voice makes it clear that's not the only one, despite everything. Accelerator lets out a confused grunt and tilts his head a bit. The human with the machines is significantly shorter, but remains behind them and covered mostly in shadows. Accelerator looks almost small where he's slumped on the ground. 'But how do you like this idea instead? Come and work with us.' 'Is Academy City preparing for a war or something?' The mere thought is tired, exhausted, the words slow and almost fatigued themselves.

"What the fuck makes you think that? And one option? Were they really planning on just going with that if there was not something else going on?!" Mikoto is really starting to hate the darker part of her city, because it's hurting everyone, even those trying their damndest to change.

"I fuckin hate that I can kind of understand where the hell he is coming from." Yomikawa mutters, a snarl on her face because she really does not like or appreciate that she can even slightly get into the thought process that this jackass uses.

"Oh no..." Yoshikawa sighs, because this is a common tactic, one that works pretty damn well, downright almost perfectly every damn time. Of course, she's not very happy with how tired Accelerator sounds either, to be honest either.

"For the love of god, you need a proper damn break, and we will figure the fuck out how to get that done, because if I go with you, the amount of trouble with either fuckin double or we might cancel each other out and get some honest damn time without trouble." Touma is trying to plan this out, figure out what the hell they might all enjoy.

"Oh, so this is what they were doing." Index hates that she can see the man's plan, or at least the start of it, because she never wanted to know how he thought, much less well enough to understand his plan.

"You shouldn't sound that tired, you need some actual literal sleep and a chance to rest. You barely got any sleep in the apartment and you've been up since then, no rest since then." Heaven hates that he can not do anything but analyze all of this after it's already happened.

"Misaka hates this man, determines Misaka Misaka, crossing her arms and glaring because he is not at all thinking about anything more than the city, which is not the way one should think in a city with mostly children." Last Order is indeed leveling a familiar, dark, angry glare at the screen, leaving many to agree silently to have her spend a bit less time with Accelerator.

'I can not answer that.' The teen lowers his head, a wide smirk on his face, clearly enjoying this. 'You can't huh? Then there's only one thing I'm gonna say. Screw you and your offer.' It's clear from the way his tone changes that he's amused, before anger creeps in, no resignation showing at all despite knowing what that will do. The machines and person do not react to the words. 'This is a critical moment in the life of the city.' Accelerator has not bothered to try and stand, still wiped from the battle, and neither have the machines moved closer to try and threaten him. 'We want to ensure the best outcome possible and for that we would like your assistance.'

"So you deny him and he fuckin ignores the damn words you say because he does not want to accept them? What a fuckin ass." Mikoto growls, because she has a special hatred for those who ignore a no or hide a lie amongst sweet, gentle words, like those fuckers who took her DNA.

"Damn everything for this asshole choosing not to answer you and even more for his stupid bitch choosing to do the best possible outcomes while leaving people in the fucking dark." Touma has a certain amount of anger towards those who lie to themselves, as well as to others, in order to get things they fuckin need.

"I hate that this asshole is lying to your damn face somehow, but I can not tell exactly about what, because he's mixing truth in with it enough that everything sounds fakely sincere." Yomikawa has faced many a criminal who has tried to talk their way out of it in one way or another, but rarely do they mix lies and truth like this.

"This man has nothing in his head for the people, it's just the city, huh?" Index wonders how much longer this man will manage to get the people to support him in any way, before they decide to rebel because he is only thinking of the city, not the people.

"I'm surprised he's still in charge considering the number of people who know about the projects and experiments going on, but then again, they get covered pretty well." Heaven truly hates how well the people are at covering their tracks and making it seem like there's nothing wrong, despite everything about it being wrong.

"There is way too much fuckin politics in this goddamn city, and that damn well fucks shit up because it limits every damn thing that can be done, even if someone is discovered doing shit." Accelerator grumbles in response, because he knows full damn well what people will do, as well as how effective politics will fuck everything up.

"Misaka hates this thing called politics as well as that it can be used to cover things up, sighs Misaka Misaka, wondering why adults have to make everything so complicated." Last Order really wants to know why everything has to be like that, because she rarely gets into arguments with Acceleration due to making sure they'll both enjoy whatever she chooses they do.

"What else is he going to add, because I doubt that was all, there has to be a threat or something to make sure you are actually willing to help them or it won't work." Yoshikawa knows how these kinds of fuckin deals work, has rarely used it in order to make sure something good happened, but she had used it. 

'Imagine if Academy City was completely-' Last Order, still out and looking peaceful on the table she's rested on since she was brought to the building. '-wiped out. Is there any other place for Espers like us to go? What would we do without this scientific haven?' Accelerator grits his teeth, clearly angry, sensing a threat, clicking his tongue. 'Will you tell me one thing?' 'What is that?' The voice's response is quick. The albino has slumped more from where he was, clearly losing energy. 'The name of the person responsible for tonight. I'm gonna kill whoever thought they could get away with putting the kid through this.' The determination and sheer promise in his voice is almost revealing. 'I don't see how that could help. He would be a scapegoat, nothing more.'

"Aww, Misaka is glad to know that you care, coos Misaka Misaka, refusing to let you get away without blushing at that." Last Order has a wide grin on her face, clearly excited and so damn happy.

"You sure shut that guy down face, and certainly you had a good damn time doing it. So these assholes worked for a scapegoat, huh? I wonder who the real damn mastermind is then." Mikoto really does want to know, because surely if the board is who these fuckers were working with, who could possibly be higher than them?

"You sound so damn angry and lethal as you ask, it's so cute that the only way you can show your love is through actions that are easily misjudged, though I have to wonder what kind of shit people read wrong about you due to that." Touma looks like he's having fun, giving a wide, bright grin to Last Order, the two looking like two suns competing, everyone nearby looking away or raising an arm to block the light.

"Fuckin hell, did that bitch really just try to threaten you with Last Order and perhaps your safety as well?" Yoshikawa almost wants to cackle, because while that method will get the albino to work with them, he certainly will not be happy and he will be plotting something in return.

"What the hell did these fuckers think this was going to do? Did the asshole not know I already knew that shit? I just wanted to send a goddamn message, fuck." Accelerator really hates having to deal with people who are not from the dark, they don't always get the subtle, lethal messages that those of the dark would understand and get.

"I really am wondering how the message would've been, most because it would be nothing like my message, but both would be bloody in some way, at least to my knowledge." Yomikawa has a vicious grin, clearly she knows exactly how her message would look, but she was genuinely curious about how Accelerator's would look, almost too much so, but her darkness is not something she will shy away from.

"At least tell me they got you treated, jesus." Heaven isn't sure how much longer the injuries can go without being treated, considering they are not bleeding but those can be the worst injuries sometimes, simply because that could mean a great deal of things.

"I want to know why he is so quickly to try and get you on his side, you are the strongest Esper without a doubt, but surely there are others who are close seconds, like the 2nd and 3rd ranked, maybe others that are high level 4's almost level 5's so why is he so desperate for you?" Index inquires, not because she is doubting the teenager, but because she has a bad feeling in her chest, one that says this is not going to end well. 

Accelerator grins again, looking done with everything already. 'You don't say.' He sounds pissed as fuck. 'So, what will it be?' Accelerator is still grinning, he almost looks excited at this point. The grin grows wider. 'Suit yourself.' 'An excellent answer.' The shadow of the person pulls something out, that clicks and looks suspiciously like a gun. 'I look forward to working with you. Until then.' A gunshot rings out.

"Bitch what?!" Yomikawa almost jumps up from the futon, because what the hell was that, her child had just gotten shot?

"No! What was that? Demands Misaka Misaka, shaking in fear because she does not know what happened at all during this." Last Order is shaking, because that is not something she had ever wanted to see again, had never wanted to listen to the sound of a gunshot ring out as his well being is left to guess. Tears are gathering in her eyes.

"Shit, that is not good. What the fuck are you doing agreeing to something like that?" Mikoto knows that this is likely just a means to an end for him, but she still does not like the thought, because he is likely going to be working for a dark organization in someway.

"Accelerator, you are such a softy and I will hear no damning words from you on this, because you just fucking agreed to essentially selling your life in order to protect Last Order as well as all the damn Espers in the city, even if you just barely mentioned the tiny brat at all." Yoshikawa is really done with her children's low self-esteem and the way he seems himself, but they're making progress.

"Well..." Heaven sighs heavily, because he had not treated a gunshot wound, which means they likely did not actually shoot him, or at least not somewhere fatally, so he is going to hold his words for the most part.

"I think this is actually a pretty good deal, since you are choosing to work with them, but they have not set clear terms besides a few things they need from you, so getting rid of them or betraying them in the end will mean nothing to you, while perhaps giving you a chance to strike at the board." Index really likes how well her brother plays the game, since the noir she lives with absolutely sucks with strategy outside of battle and serious situations.

"That better fucking not have been the damn initiation into whatever goddamn cult you just fucking joined, you dumbass." Touma deadpans, because he knows that was not a cult, but from the way the fucker's were acting and talking, it sure as hell could sound like one, which is extremely disturbing to him.

Accelerator bursts into sputters, because he had not even thought of that, before it turns into laughter, because he already has a feeling exactly what kind of shitty cult it would be if it were one, he has no doubts on that at all. 

A familiar green tracksuit, as well as pink hair. The way the torso clad in the tracksuit moves makes it clear that the person is moving. "So rumor has it-" Yomikawa is revealed, talking to the pink haired teacher from a while ago. The taller woman is staring down at the shorter one as she speaks, the two walking down a highschool hallway. "-that you've taken in another girl in need of a home. How's that going so far?"

"Wait, that tiny little brat takes in kids? The hell is wrong with her?" Accelerator can't even be bothered to stop the words, because there's no benefit to taking in kids, they cause problems and can cause you no end of troubles, but the tiny pinky is doing just that?

"Of course. She rather enjoys having a kid that she can take care of, and I don't blame her. Having you two in the house is a new but enjoyable experience that I rather like." Yomikawa is not lying, she had thought similar to Accelerator, wasn't sure why her friend would take so many kids in, though she understood they were troubled, but after taking in Accelerator and Last Order, she understands so much better.

"How fucking short is your friend and how the hell did she manage to get that damn unlucky?" Yoshikawa is genuinely amused by how much shorter than even her the teacher is, because her pink hair and personality stand out, but her size gets the most attention.

"I want to know how often you two speak to be that close." Index mutters, honestly she had not known that the two knew each other before the woman had introduced Accelerator and Last Order to the woman, but they seem extremely close.

"Ahhh, I think I remember this day, oops. I feel so bad for our poor damn sensei." Touma sweat drops, because he's fairly certain this is the day they all went out to eat dinner which had caused a lot of problems for the poor teacher.

"Well, at least she's taking good care of the kids." Heaven knows for a fact that the woman would not have been allowed to watch over the kids if she were not treating them right, with her friend being Anti-Skill.

Last Order just watches, because she knows for certain this is when she was in the hospital, before she was let out, when she was recovering and she feels bad that she worried the two women so damn much.

"Touma, the fuck did you do to your teacher to have to fuckin say that?" Mikoto deadpans, because there's a shit ton of things the boy is well known for that could have him saying that.

The short teacher laughs nervously. "You know how I am, I started to get really lonely after Himagami moved into the dorms. Having Misujami around really cheers me up. How are things at your place?" She's so cheerful. Yomikawa closes her eyes, looking tired as she keeps moving, her head turned forward again. "It's looking like I'm on my own again." The two women are clearly heading somewhere, signs hanging from the corner of doors windows to their right. "After the recent chaos, my tenants decided to move elsewhere." She sounds incredibly sad about that too. A cheer goes up from nearby.

"Aww, did you miss us already? There's no damn need for that. We got out of your damn hair and you're better off without me there, at the very damn least." Accelerator had tried to keep the last bits quieter, since he was mostly just teasing the woman, but in the room, they are loud enough to be heard.

"Of course I fucking missed you. We barely got to know each other, but even I could tell you needed help and after all the damn shit I just watched, I would've loved if you had come back to the damn apartment like you were fuckin supposed to." Yomikawa looks him in the eyes, because she really had enjoyed having him in her apartment with her, even if it had only been for a few short hours.

"Goddamn, why the hell are you not with her anymore?" Mikoto demands, almost in sync with Touma's, "Why the hell would you move out already?" because both of them are well aware the idiot they call a brother is shit at caring for himself mentally and emotionally, as well as sometimes physically as well, but mostly they know he's pulling away to try and not hurt anyone, despite hurting himself.

"I feel like that it was not entirely his choice, though it likely wasn't something he fought either." Index muses, because she can see how the damn city would benefit just the slightest bit from Accelerator no longer living with the woman, even if it fucks him up more than he already is.

"What is wrong with your school?" Heaven asks wryly, because that was a loud cheer from nowhere and for no damn reason, so what the actual fuck are the kids doing to sound that excited.

"Misaka is confused. Is it normal for the loud yelling to happen in school, asks Misaka Misaka, tilting her head because none of the books she read mention anything about this." Last Order stares at the screen as if it will give her answers, and then turns to Yomikawa who gives her a shake of her head, a very firm no, which has the girl nodding back in return.

"Yeah, not being able to step out and see you lounging on the damn couch or having you come into the bathroom after we forget to lock the goddamn door was so damn weird, since we all know there's no way we would remember to actually lock the bitch." Yoshikawa complains, because she knows damn well that not having the albino there had fucked things up despite his short time there. 

Yomikawa jolts to a stop and turns to the closest classroom, while the tiny teacher screeches in shock and falls to her ass, before staring in shock. "It's decided! Tonight we are all -" The teacher is staring at the door in front of her, sweatdrops along the back of her head. "-officially going out for a dinner party!" The pink haired teacher gets up, flailing her arms around, a blush on her face. Yomikawa turns to look at her. "What are they doing?" Yomikawa makes a move to comfort her or maybe calm her, but is smoothly dodged by accident.

"That was so damn smooth!" Mikoto chokes out between laughter, because clearly that poor teacher goes through a lot of shit, with the kids in her class.

"Ahh, sorry, sensei..." Touma winces sympathetically, sheepish because he already knows they are not the best students, causing quite a bit of trouble.

"I almost feel bad for her, except I'm pretty damn sure she has fun teaching you guys." Yomikawa looks amused, a grin curling the edges of her mouth.

"Pfft!" Yoshikawa chokes for a second on her drink, coughing and then bursts into laughter, because she has always enjoyed seeing her best friend look confused and loves seeing her interact with other people who are used to her.

Accelerator and Last Order are at least trying to hide it, hands clamped over their faces and only the shaking of their shoulders giving them away, because they want to see what the fuck happens, but they are also highly amused, so they just wait for the moment.

Heaven just heaves an exasperated sigh, because he is far too used to hearing shit like this, especially after having to make a few house calls for some of the students in the school or outside school in general for those students.

"I think Touma should apologize to his teacher more." Index states bluntly, because the poor woman looks just the slightest bit stressed, though it's clear she's mostly just so done with her wild class.

"I need to get these wayward kids under control!" The teacher keeps flailing as she goes to the classroom door, Yomikawa watching, looking confused and bemused at the same time. "Quiet! What is the meaning-" Yomikawa is staring in open mouthed confusion at where her partner was just a second ago, but she's also clearly happy. "-of this you hooligans?!" A student responds as Yomikawa's expression changes into a soft smile, amusement clear in her eyes. "I love this place. There's never a boring moment around here." She looks content despite that fact.

"You look like you really do love your job." Mikoto is glad, because it's not often a person can say they actually like their job, knows most settle because they need money and there's no point in leaving when they're getting money.

"Goddamn, you really are a damn softy to kids, ya know that?" Accelerator looks amused as he mutters this, because he had known she was someone who would love kids, given the way she treated him during the whole thing with Esther, but honestly.

Last Order is laughing because she had never thought Yomikawa was friends with such a funny person, let alone someone who is just as short as she is. Index is chortling, because she had choked a bit on the snack she had, as well as because the noir brother she has was just absolutely called a hooligan by his teacher.

"I feel so bad..." Touma is pouting, tears streaming down his cheeks as he slumps over, because he really had not meant to do something like this to his poor teacher.

"At least you are not too sad about the loss of them, with other things like your love of both your jobs as well as the people around you, to distract you, so I sincerely hope things get better soon." Heaven knows that sometimes people sink into depression or just a pit of sadness when something changes rapidly like that, but things are working out for the moment.

"My dear friend, you are such a soft, easily pleased person, that sometimes I wonder who you got that from, because it certainly was not from me." Yoshikawa teases, poking the woman in the cheek, enjoying the way a blush spreads across her face at that.

"Leave me alone. I happen to love both my jobs, 1 of which let me meet you as well as our children, so you can't even complain, bitch." Yoshikawa counters easily, because she loves teaching, but she also loves Anti-Skill because it let her meet her best friend and their two children. 

A shooting range, the targets all lined up, and then the person using it, Accelerator is there, his crutch in hand, looking angry and annoyed as shit, the noise canceling headphones on his head, gun in the left hand aimed. A beep goes off. "Target ready, drill number 42-" The teen looks tired, in a way he wasn't before, eyes appearing more worried and anxious than angry. "-begin now." The targets start moving, and the albino fires without hesitation, cases clinking to the ground while the bullets tear through slightly less lethal places.

"Good god, you can fire a damn weapon?" Mikoto had never really seen an Esper use a weapon that wasn't their ability, much less if they were not required to have one.

"Why the actual hell would you move out if you were just going to look more damn tried than when you were fucking making actual damn progress?" Touma demands, because while he can logically understand that this is a decent plan, he emotionally hates how much it's fucking his brother.

"Damn, kid." Yomikawa almost wants to whistle, because for someone disabled and everything, he can use a good damn weapon, has pretty good fucking aim and everything, she would love to have him on a team with her.

"Well shit, you really went with this plan, goddamn. I fucking hate this, though I am extremely glad you are fucking alive after that, you look like fucking shit that was smashed into the damn dirt and run over by a fucking stampede." Yoshikawa doesn't even try to be gentle, sees no damn reason to be after he worried them like this.

"So this is what you were doing, scolds Misaka Misaka, unhappy you were pulled further into the dark for this Misaka's sake, as much as you will attempt to deny it." Last Order is pouting harshly, fingers fidgeting with her dress, trying her hardest to keep control of her ability, a bit done with everything, because she just wants him happy, safe and fucking cared for, damnit.

"I honestly can not say I'm all that surprised at you being able to use a gun." Index really is not all that surprised, though she is curious on how the hell he knows who to use one of them.

"Are you already healed, because there's no sign of injury despite everything and while your ability does have a pretty good healing ability that means you heal quicker, it likely didn't heal everything correctly." Heaven is heavily disapproving, because that kind of healing could fuck the albinos entire system up.

"Get off my damn back, you lot. Goddamn, I was perfectly fucking fine, I've known how to use weapons since I was a goddamn brat, I fucking left to keep this damn brat out of certain assholes hands, and that is all I'm saying, fuck." Accelerator lo- cares for them, really strongly, but he is not a damn social person and this is getting to be ridiculous, honestly. 

With quick movements, he empties the clip and shoves another back in, getting it in properly with his chin, before pulling back the barrel with his mouth, and then aiming again without hesitation. "Target ready, drill number 43, begin now." He starts firing again, hitting pretty close to the red spot in the still moving targets. He fires a few more shots and then stops, placing the gun down with a slight thud. "Did you want something?" He almost sounds conversational. "Or were you just lurking." His mouth is the only thing that can be seen, as well as his torso, as a young male walks out from behind him.

"You are a really good shot, and that was a really quick reload for someone that can only use one hand." Yomikawa is officially impressed and debating asking if she can get the child to join the small force they have that is Espers, but figures waiting a bit won't hurt.

"Doesn't that fucking hurt you?" Yoshikawa is exasperated, because she knows the asshole is not one to like being hurt, but for him to just ignore it and keep going is something else entirely, the little shit.

"You can use a gun, but who the fuck is that?" Touma chooses to ignore the tone the albino had used, because it was not wrong, but hearing it go back to almost how it used to be - it will never be exactly like it was then, not with Last Order alive - bothers him the slightest bit since it means he's stopped all progress forward.

"Goddamnit, why can't the fucking city just give us a break? Your voice is not ever supposed to sound like that while talking to someone." Mikoto is so damn done with the fucking city, both dark and light side of it, at the moment.

"I can honestly say, had you spoken to me like that during our first meeting, I would've been less inclined to join you." Index knows it might be mean and a bit too blunt, but she is not going to lie, least of all since someone has to remind the dumbass that he is going a bit extreme in his measures to protect his family.

"Misaka is not happy to hear you like that either, though she is impressed by your ability to shoot, remarks Misaka Misaka, wondering who taught you and if you would be willing to give some tips and hints to the Sisters that are struggling." Last Order does indeed look curious, head tilted to the side, though the furrow in her brows displays her irritation and anger at hearing the tone of his voice like that again after all her work.

"I am surprised you are still in one piece, but you really can handle yourself, somewhat. You must have at least a vague, impartial trust in him to let him see you while you do this, so is he someone you are working with? For?" Heaven can not recall much about the GROUP since they had been a bit more discrete, but he recalls there were at least 4 members and everything, and most of them were at the very least teenagers, if not Espers.

Accelerator pulls the headphones off his head. "Very impressive shooting. I was trying to be inconspicuous, but clearly it didn't work." The male sounds amused by this, looks it as well. "It's ok. I still have a lot to learn in that area." Accelerator looks over his shoulder, looking annoyed. "Mitsuki Unabara, right? That's what they call you." It sounds like there's something he's hinting at. "Yes, though the name and the face are both fakes I'm afraid." He's still smiling, but he looks at ease, with his eyes closed around the strongest level 5 ranked Esper.

"Why the hell does this asshole make me angry?" Touma is not certain what about him angers him, but just the fact he's so willing to admit his name and face are fake, as well as look so damn happy while working for the dark side, which kills a lot of people, just rubs him the wrong way.

Mikoto is squinting at the screen, because this person looks extremely familiar and the name had rung a bell for her, but she can't say for certain where she's seen him before or even for how long, so she doesn't speak up yet.

"God, I forgot how much I hated that damn prick when we met that first damn time, goddamn." Accelerator already sounds exhausted and done with the teen, who only just showed up on the screen.

"Hmm..." Index observes him closely, because she has a feeling his ability is quite a troublesome and useful one at the same damn time, meaning it is likely he is in hiding of some sort.

Last Order is pouting, clearly unhappy that her guardian is not with her, but there's a curious glint in her eyes, as she watches the two of them interact, curious to know if he had managed to somehow make friends in all this.

"Oh my god, this little shit." Yoshikawa recognizes him, though just barely, because he is not someone you can easily pin or track down, due to his ability, which she can not quite recall off the top of her damn head.

Yomikawa whistles, because the little guy has some balls to admit he's lying and close his eyes around someone potentially stronger than him with very little keeping him actually working with him. Heaven places a hand along the curve of his chin, peering closely, trying to discern where he's potentially seen that boy, because he does look at least vaguely familiar, but nothing is coming to mind right now, but considering what he had admitted to, that's not surprising. 

Accelerator is still standing in front of the table, the headphones there as well as several different guns. "Have you decided on a weapon yet?" The albino turns to fully face the other. "None of them feel quite right to me." There are all sorts of guns on the desk, though most are noticeably easy to wield one handed and likely light as well. "You could bring in guns from all over the world and I still might not find one." He almost sounds bitter, but it's clear he's also being truthful about it. "What if you made a list-" The albino is not leaning on his crutch completely, pretty relaxed even as he's talking to someone he barely knows, shoulders loose and position open. "-of gear compatible with your ability? That might help you find the right weapon." He sounds like he's trying to be useful, Unabara that is, despite standing several feet away, his hands in clear view.

"Are you fucking kidding? All over the world and they still would not find anything?" Mikoto asks, because she has a pretty good weapon, the railgun able to be done with most anything small enough, but that relies on her ability. She can't safely say she can wield a weapon, despite her Sisters doing exactly that.

"Did he really just ask you for a fucking weakness in your power that easily and that damn smoothly as well?" Touma is almost unable to believe that, but he also knows his brother is smart enough to fall for anything like that, though he'll likely focus on something else in return.

"Goddamnit, I really hate that you are limited on guns, with only being able to use one hand and more importantly having to learn everything in order to wield it properly." Yomikawa grimaces, recalling her own training which had fucking sucked, but she had managed and she's sure he will too.

"Your ability really does fuck with the things you can get away with using, doesn't it?" Yoshikawa is more rhetorical than anything, because she had read all the damn fucking reports and anything she could get her hand on, about Accelerator and weapons.

"Hmmm... I wonder how you will choose to answer that, considering you are working for them now." Index knows that have to know about some of his weaknesses, after everything the two have spoken of, but what kind of person asks for more?

"Misaka doesn't really like this guy.... There's something about him, mutters Misaka Misaka, staring at the man like he might go up in flames and reveal himself somehow." Last Order's stare is a mile long one, like she is trying to peer into the depths of his soul and figure him out, which almost disturbs the lot of them, but they know she is too nice to do anything mean with it.

"I feel like you're going to have to tell them something as an answer or they won't do anything at this moment." Heaven hates organizations like this, but they are also the most useful, once you get a spy of some sort inside of them. 

"Stop acting like such a know it all, it's annoying." He almost appears to be a normal teenager hanging out with his friend. The albino has tipped his head to the side, making it easy to see the choker and battery. "My problem is this thing is unreliable." Accelerator taps the battery with his fingernail, plastic sounds coming from that. Unabara turns to face him more head one. "I've seen GROUP's engineering report on that device. They've extended your ability usage time to 30 minutes. That's a significant improvement." Accelerator looks so damn done with this person already, clearly thinks he's stupid. "So-" He tilts his head down, eyes falling closed easily. "-it's called GROUP." He seems amused, a small smile on his face. There's only a few feet between the two, no one else in the testing room with them, despite both being extremely young.

"Did you really just willingly reveal a damn weakness, even an obvious fucking one, while complaining to this fucker?" Touma blurts out incredulously, because that is a lot of damn effort on Accelerator's part, but then again they are also the ones who are helping him protect Last Order in a way, so he would cooperate.

"You didn't even know what it was called, exclaims Misaka Misaka, wanting to be surprised but not at the fact you joined dangerous people for her without a second thought or any research." Last Order is pouting, though she is also keeping close to Accelerator, seeing no reason to move at the moment.

"Don't tap it like that, the material is not all that weak but it could mess up the signals or any of the small pieces that are less stable!" Heaven knows that it just further proves the albino's point, but there was also only so much that could be done on short notice and a lot of time went into that.

"Dear god, they increased the time, thank fuck, but you are also goddamn right, it's easy to take you out which fucking sucks." Mikoto is already trying to think of ways to help, though she has no doubt he's already done something to help, she is well aware she should be able to create her own little protective shield of electricity around the battery, since it's already attuned to her.

"Good lord." Yoshikawa rubs at her eyes, already feeling exhausted and he's only been with this group for a few moments, at least on screen, he's probably been with them something closer to at least a week or so by this point.

"I have a bad damn feeling about this, shit." Yomikawa hates when she has a feeling or anything of the sort, because they are pretty much always right, very rarely letting her down at all.

"I have to say, I really do not like how easy it is to take down the strongest person in the city, much less how short a fight would have to be in order for you to win and that you would not be able to do too many battles one right after the other." Index really doesn't like how the strongest defense and offense they have is easily weaker than before already, but she also has a feeling this was not part of the plan, because who the hell would weaken their strongest player on purpose? A damn madman, that's who. 

"Are you dissatisfied with the tuning of your electrode?" The teen almost sounds robotic in the way he speaks. "Hah! The use time could be 30 minutes or three days, once a glitch comes up, it's all over, lights out. A single malfunction means that I can't fight anymore, and you don't survive long like that." He lifts his head, opening his eyes, which while not bloodshot, are extremely dark underneath, clearly he's been struggling. "Is that what you came here to chat about?" He does not sound angry. Unabara smiles. "Actually, I sought you out because GROUP is receiving an assignment from the governing board. And it's being given to you."

"Shit, you are not having a great time. And the board are the ones giving your orders?" Mikoto is honestly about to give up on every higher up in the city, until she has proof they are doing good and not being assholes.

"Hmm... I guess it makes sense, they are testing how well you can follow orders, since you are new." Index gets that, after all it's a common tactic among any group, to test a newcomer, in some way.

"Shit, the board are really going to push their luck?" Yoshikawa can already see where this is going and she can't wait for the moment when he and perhaps the rest of GROUP bear their fangs on the board.

Yomikawa cackles, because she knows for a fact that Accelerator is going to cause chaos and there is no way in hell she is going to miss it, least of all since the bitch is not hiding his fangs or anything, he's just being patient on who he is attacking, but he will get an opportunity and he will use it.

"I don't know what the board was thinking." Heaven shakes his head, because he can only imagine the power they think they control, but the teen knows how to hide when he needs to, which was far too often.

"Oh fucking no." Touma groans, he can already tell this is going to go horribly wrong, because the albino is not looking great, a darkness around him that was -not missing - hidden and tucked away while with Last Order wrapped around him.

"Fucking hell, I don't remember telling that bastard about my choker or battery at all, but then again, I was still more focused on checking the bastard over, determining whether he was a threat than anything, so it makes sense." Accelerator grumbles, he's far too used to his mouth just trash talking on it's own as he looks over an opponent to determine where to attack them.

A different hallway, the walls old and dirty, but lights working well, the distinct sound of the crutch. "War is coming." Unabara is leading the way, standing to Accelerator's left and not even a full foot in front of him, the teen keeping up despite his crutch, a few doors being passed. "Academy city will soon be pitting itself against the Roman Orthadox church, which means the cities internal defenses are being thinned out, making us highly vulnerable to attack from inside." Accelerator is watching Unabara instead of where he's going, clearly, getting everything he needs, despite still looking frazzled, anxious and raw in a way that's not normal.

"I really don't like how fucked up you look for the short amount of time you've been there." Touma is blunt because there's no point in trying to hide it, because damn his brother looks all sorts of messed up and all progress appears to have been, not undone, but certainly slowly going backwards.

"What the fuck are they doing, going against the damn church?" Yoshikawa really hates that she even has to ask the question, because it means there's something big going on and she knows jack shit about it.

"Fuck, why the hell would the city go to war with the church of all things?" Yomikawa is really trying to recall anything the church could've done to require war, but nothing comes to mind right off the top of her head.

"Oh, wow. Are you being used as back up?" Index sounds incredulous, because Accelerator is their top fighter, their strongest, the front line, why the hell are they saving him? Sure, he might be a bit weak, but he's still their best damn bet.

"Misaka doesn't like how bad you look here either, grumbles Misaka Misaka, upset to see that all her efforts are slowly going to waste, since you are back in the darkness, which is killing you." Last Order sees no reason to pull her punches, because she has no doubt in her mind or heart that the darkness was always killing Accelerator, he just chose to make the thing killing him his strength while it was around.

"Oh my god." Heaven can't even think of what the fuck Aleister was thinking, because he refuses to even get close to that man's fucked up thought processes, they bother him to no damn end.

"Fucking hell, where are you fucks even at?" Mikoto is a bit worried, because hey appear to be in a lab or some sorts and she knows she has no good memories of places like that, it must be much worse for Accelerator who lived in those pretty much his entire life.

"Fuck, I didn't realize I was getting an early warning or I would've told your dumbasses with a warning or some shit, let you get the fuck out, though you bitches probably would not have left, no good damn morals." Accelerator had not been able to think through all the information given to him at the moment, overwhelmed and thinking of other things, so he had not caught the implications that the war had not started yet. 

"Our assignment is to neutralize one group that would seek to take advantage of that vulnerability." Accelerator chuckles a bit, closing his eyes and letting his head tip down. "Man, I knew I was being brought in here so I could fill in for that useless bastard Kihara." The albino almost sounds amused, as well as like he's probing for something. Unabara has a small, almost smile on his face. "But I didn't realize I'd be getting stuck with jobs that were this boring and trivial." The brunette closes his eyes as he keeps moving, obviously familiar with this space enough to do so. "It matters very little whether you like the job. Besides, you came here on your own. Nobody forced you." The crutch hits the ground harder, and his eyes go wide in anger, clearly that had hit a nerve.

"You are really trying your hardest, aren't you?" Yomikawa can see it, where he's struggling and trying his hardest to maintain his mask, because he's already started healing, so it's hard for him to act completely the same.

"Holy shit, did he really just say that to you?" Mikoto can't believe how much this man must either trust the control his people have over the albino or the teenager's morals themselves, because she knows he barely knows Accelerator.

"For the love of all things..." Touma grimaces harshly, because who the hell just goes and says those things to someone's face? Especially since it's not even true.

"Misaka can not say she really likes this person, complains Misaka Misaka, angry that he is assuming things, like he actually knows anything." Last Order sticks her tongue out at the screen, because there's something about the way that boy said those words that makes her think he was fishing, not really caring for whether he hurt the other as long as he got answers.

"Shit, these people are useless and really desperate if they're putting you on weak ass jobs like that." Yoshikawa sneers, because she is well aware its partially because he is new and mostly because they want to see if he will listen.

"That Unabara, was it? He's really uncaring of his own health and extremely loose with others, to be speaking so casually to someone else like that, so easily." Heaven frowns, wondering what the city has truly come to, as well as if it's worth it... before looking over at the younger ones, Accelerator who can live because he is here, as well as Touma who is always in trouble, and decides it's worth it.

"That idiot just really does not give a shit about anyone else, does he?" Index does not like him either, but it's more a feeling in her than an actual reason, she simply doe snot like him. 

Unabara hits the wall, a hand holding tight to his collar, before it's shown that Accelerator is holding him there, crutch set further back to support his weight, as he holds the teen to the wall with his left hand. Something creaks at the strength. Despite this, Unabara has his hands against the wall, clearly unthreatened. "Listen up, kid. There's something you really ought to know." Accelerator is gritting his teeth, the anger clear in his eyes, though the darkness and real anger are not coming through in his voice, so it's not too bad. "The human body is an incredibly fragile thing." It's clear where he's going with this, but despite that, Unabara still has a small smile on his face, almost smug but not quite. "Fragile enough that a single touch from me can do permanent damage." The teen's left eye is a bit wider than his right, the one on the right narrowed a bit, but both convey his anger, as well as the snarl on his face. "So you might want to choose your words more carefully."

"Jesus, sometimes I forget how damn strong you are, then you go and do something like that and I remember, because there's no way that damn Unabara kid is not quite a lot of muscle and you don't have your ability on, so you do have some strength." Yoshikawa chuckles, because they had done all sorts of tests, but the teen liked to keep fit, even if for whatever reason, he never got much fat at all.

"What the hell? Are you really that strong even without your power? I am a bit surprised, but I can't say it doesn't make sense, you do appear to be mostly healthy and physically fit aside from being so damn thin." Touma pokes at the albino's arms a few times, amused because that's definitely muscle, it just doesn't appear like it.

"I fear for the dumbasses who think you are weak." Mikoto deadpans, because she had never doubted his strength, with or without the damn ability he has.

Last Order bursts into giggles, because she really was not expecting that smooth delivery, though she was not exactly happy that her guardian is being forced to draw on the darkness and hurt himself after all the healing he had managed. Accelerator is surprised by not only the tone, but the words and the fucking person who chose to say it, his laughter honest and genuine.

"You and I need to have a few spars, I want to actually test your strength as well as teach you some damn good moves, that I know you can pull off." Yomikawa sounds excited, leg bouncing as she starts to plan this out in her head.

"Hmm... You really are not doing all that well and he is just poking the bear, not a good idea. You don't poke the bear for a reason and that's because it can kick your ass." Index wonders if Unabara has some sort of death wish or if he really just doesn't give a shit, but can not bother to figure it out.

"Hmm..." Heaven hums but chooses not to speak, because he knows for certain that Accelerator is not likely to just use his power that one, preferring to avoid killing unless they've seriously offended him or touched Last Order in some way, neither of which this boy has done, though he has certainly touched a sore spot. 

Unabara is still smiling. "Otherwise I could break something you really don't want broken." It's a clear spoken threat, but the brunette looks far from threatened, that smile still on his face. "Yes, of course." The albino clicks his tongue, but he lets the teen go and shifts back into an upright position. "May I continue-" He reaches up to adjust his collar. "-debriefing you on your assignment?" The pale teen turns to face Unabara, no longer looking down the hallway. "Whatever. Go ahead." He sounds more annoyed now.

"Oh my god, he either saw through you really fuckin fast or he just really didn't give a shit." Mikoto is not entirely sure which one she believes, because seeing through the albino is both extremely easy and hard, but few people with any will to live - and even those without - would feel completely fine with having someone who could kill them with one touch so close, threatening to hurt them.

"Misaka hates him, declares Misaka Misaka without hesitation, uncertain why but he bothers her in a way she can not understand." Last Order is glaring at the screen, a fire in her eyes that reminds all of them of the noir, clearly she is very determined to keep her feelings against him exactly as they are.

"I can't say his reaction wasn't a bit odd, truth be told." Touma rubs the back of his neck, because he can remember being scared shitless when he faced Accelerator and while yes that was a deranged, misguided full powered Accelerator, even as he is now, he is a threat to those who make themselves his enemy.

"To think he would have so little regard for his own life..." Index hums thoughtfully, wondering what the teenager is getting out of this, because he is clearly part of GROUP for a reason as well.

"What the fuck is he even doing? Is he implying he is being forced to work there and you are not, so he gives not a shit about his life or some bullshit?" Yomikawa has always hated trying to understand the dark side interactions, because she knows a great deal of it is about intimidating and getting under the enemy's skin, but she misses most of the cues and everything when watching.

"Shit, that little fuck. To think he was trying to test you for himself, not for the people above but for himself, what a damn fool." Yoshikawa grumbles, crossing her arms, though she can at least acknowledge that Unabara doesn't seem to like working for these people anymore than Accelerator does.

Heaven just observes, interested to see how everything will fall into place, because he knows that the dark side made several moves, though they were a bit more discreet than he was expecting, some being hidden under other waves, same as always. 

Unabara takes the lead again. "Your target will be a group that is known as Skillout." Accelerator makes no move to follow and after only a few steps, Unabara turns to face the albino. "I'm not very familiar with them, perhaps you know more than I do." Accelerator is looking at him like he might be an idiot. "Yeah, I know them. They're an armed gang made up of a bunch of sad, pathetic level 0's." The brunette turns around to start walking. "That's correct. We're getting involved now because it seems they found some new toys." Accelerator shifts, a small change overcoming him. "What kind of toys?" He sounds dangerous. The two are still a few feet apart, both facing forward, though the albino has his eyes on Unabara. "They're rockets, made of hollowed out wood that has been packed with explosives. If it helps you form a mental picture, think of them as high tech fire arrows," He still sounds slightly robotic as he speaks, almost stilted, but he's doing well. He's still smiling.

"The smile on his face is starting to piss me off." Touma grumbles, because he can understand being happy, but that smile is hiding things and nothing about it really sets him at ease.

"Skillout? Wait, but weren't they...?" Yomikawa tries to recall everything she can about that group, but she was not really able to give that case any attention with everything going on in the city.

"Holy shit, you were involved in that?" Yoshikawa exclaims, because she still has dark contacts that are willing to give her information and the destruction of most of the Skillout group had been one thing they shared.

"I really want to know how the fuck this group got their hands on something so destructive." Mikoto hisses, because she knows that shit isn't safe, that it can cause lots of damage, which must mean that someone gave it to them to do a certain job.

"Misaka can not say she is very happy about the way this boy talks, mutters Misaka Misaka, staring at the boy in order to try and figure out his soul." Last Order is staring closely at the screen, as if she really can peer into someone's soul.

"I can't say it's surprising that they're having you get rid of the group, but why now and where the hell did they even get those things?" Index knows exactly how dangerous those things can be, since Touma had been involved with the shit after them, so surely this is the group that fucked his night up.

"I don't feel like such an irresponsible group should have weapons like that." Heaven frowns, crossing his arms, fingers twitching as he tries not to start mimicking surgeries, because he knows worse is likely to come.

"Skillout has been very busy for the last few days. Getting ready to play with their new toys, most likely." Accelerator looks deranged, the iris and pupil of his eyes small, a dangerous frown on his face as he listens. "They've been taking abandoned bicycles and placing them along emergency routes." He does not sound concerned or worried despite having said that, that stupid smile on his face. "And using piles of garbage to block up the sewage drains around a few certain VIP facilities." Despite everything, Accelerator appears to still be listening, though he looks less deranged and more tired. "Not the kinds of things that are considered security problems in and of themselves." The albino closes his eyes as he replies, already looking angry. "So this is what GROUP does? Do they take on contracts to stop children's pranks as well?" It's clear what Accelerator thinks of this all.

"Oh my god, why the fuck are you roasting this man not even 5 minutes into knowing him?" Yoshikawa despairs, at the same time Touma happily exclaims, "You get him, brother!" The two different reactions have everyone pausing for a moment to stare at the two, before Accelerator chuckles, clearly deeply entertained by these dumbasses.

"What the fuck are they planning to do with methods like that, hmm?" Mikoto has a vague idea, but she's really hoping she is wrong because she knows what that might mean and she really hates what that might mean.

"Misaka does not appreciate how easily he is saying things like this, since these seem to be serious problems, frowns Misaka Misaka, feeling uncomfortable at how comfortable and common these problems appear to be in both of your eyes." Last Order knows her guardian had a hard ass childhood, barely raised at all, but his ease with things most others would throw up, turn away from, or otherwise avoid is what really strikes it home for her that he was not raised right.

"Heaven decides not to say anything because he is almost certain he knows exactly what they are going to do with movements like that, but he's not entirely certain what good they think it will do them, since it will only make them larger targets.

"I can't say they are all dumb for doing something like this, but it's not exactly a smart plan either, not with the way they are choosing to do it and not care if they're caught or discovered." Index wonders how long this group has been working on their plans, in order for the GROUP to target them, but decides not to ask because she is certain she does not actually want the answer.

"Goddamnit, that's what those assholes were doing? Lazy ass ball sucking fuckers! Our scouts were shit at finding out anything, I remember that much at least." Yomikawa groans, wondering if they were paid off or if Skillout had known they were being watched and had not done anything at that time. 

Unabara does not turn to face him at the response, but starts moving forward again, Accelerator lifting his head. "As I was saying, there have been more than 20,000 incidents." The albino follows after him. "That many will-" They continue to pass by doors, on both sides of them, never entering or glancing at any of them. "-flood the system and before long, the security network will start classifying them as errors." Accelerator is watching the teen from the corner of his eyes. "So where do the fancy fire arrows come in?"

"Oh, he said something that caught your attention, did he?" Yoshikawa leans closer, running through everything this Unabara had said, wondering what it might've been.

"20,000? There's no damn way it was that many, right? I can't even say for certain..." Yomikawa bites her lip, trying to remember everything she can, but knows there are not that many.

"Oh? They must've known Anti-Skill would catch on if they were slick enough to get past you lot." Index raises an eyebrow, a bit impressed since this Skillout had not sounded all that smart to her, but maybe she's giving them too little credit.

"What the shit is this bastard being so goddamn calm about this? And why the hell do you have to phrase your sentence like that?" Touma despairs, because this is his brother dealing with this shit, but it's also his idiot that is sounding intrigued by some of the stuff he's learning.

"Are you questioning their information or them, asks Misaka Misaka, since she knows how cautious you are and that is likely you probing to see how well informed they are or if you will have to do extra work for the job." Last Order nods her head, because how could she not know that, having watched him do all sorts of reconnaissance for some of the earlier battles about the city, rather than relying on the scientists - which he never did, always checking before hand.

"I must say, these bastards are good, if GROUP was able to find this much on them, they really must have fingers all across the city. But what was the fucking reason for this being made and why are you not the only goddamn one?" Mikoto really does not like the way these people are getting closer to Accelerator, clearly they are trying for something, though she's not entirely certain what, so she decides to pay close attention.

"Oh boy. If they're sending you in with all this information, I can only imagine how messed up the enemies will be if they even get a chance to survive the encounter." Heaven almost wants to heave a groan, because he likely has only just finished fixing the people under Kihara, but he has no way of knowing, but he would like a break from victims of Accelerator, especially since each victim is a blow that paints his heart more black than it already is.

"That number of erroneous reports will cause a server to crash and Skillout will be able to wreak havoc in the city without Anti-Skill even-" They both look like simple teenagers from behind, wearing extremely different clothes, but still teenagers. "-knowing." "Can't they just shut down the alerts that will cause the errors?" It almost looks like Accelerator is bracing his good leg with his arm. "If we weren't getting ready for a war, maybe." The response is blunt and quick. "Nothing but enemies within and without. Great." Having said that, the albino is still focused on the information, his eyes lit with determination and stubbornness, hair almost shining under the lighting.

"Damn, are you ever not blunt?" Mikoto grumbles, folding her arms because while he's not wrong, she knows he could've said it differently and it would've had a much better answer.

"I really don't like how well the dark side is able to get away with doing things without alerting Anti-Skill at all." Yomikawa grumbles while frowning heavily, trying her hardest to memorize the information being handed to her.

"Oh, don't even try my friend. We use different methods each time, this just happened to be the one they used at that moment." Yoshikawa cuts that off immediately, well aware the kids were probably doing the same thing.

"Goddamnit, is it really that fucking easy to actually get the server to crash and fuck everyone?" Touma asks in disbelief, staring wide eyed at the information that he'd just heard, because surely the city has defenses and backups for that, right?

Index frowns, wondering how the hell this city has managed to stay standing for this long if it's so damn easy for people within to fuck it over, how did they manage against outside threats, whom with less knowledge, still managed to get in eventually.

"Misaka is starting to wonder how the city has not been destroyed, says Misaka Misaka, staring at the screen like it might give her the answers she wants because they are not being offered by others." Last Order really does wonder how this city has operated most of the time, considering the things they are getting away with.

"As long as there are no injuries, I don't much care what you do, though I would prefer you to not kill anyone or see anything else more than you already have." Heaven murmurs, wondering what the hell this kid has already seen, considering everything. 

"We're real popular these days, huh?" It almost sounds like a joke. "Is there anybody out there who doesn't have a beef with Academy City?" Unabara is still smiling, but he almost looks amused now. "I couldn't say, but right now your assignment is to track down one of the people who does. Your target's name is Ritoku Komaba." Unabara stops, turns and pulls a phone from an inner pocket, flipping it open so Accelerator can see the screen. "This is what he looks like." A pretty wide man, wearing black everything, the jacket leather. "He is currently the leader of Skillout." The brunette's hair covers his eyes, but the grin on his face makes it clear he's getting a small sort of twisted enjoyment from this. "And he's the brains too."

"Holy shit, what the fuck is that humor?" Mikoto is not entirely certain how she feels about that damn humor, because it's true both of them sound amused, almost done like this is something they've dealt with before even though neither is older than like, fucking 17 and should not have been in a war.

Yoshikawa just cackles, because some of the damn wars and people who have beef with Academy city have gotten in before, it's just Anti-Skill never knew of them or any of the rest of the city, because those of the dark side dealt with their asses for being stupid enough to interfere or mess with an Esper.

Yomikawa releases an exasperated sigh, because she can already tell nothing good is going to come from this, because while it does not look like it, Accelerator is warming up just the slightest bit to this teen and it's pretty clear the other never had any real defenses in place to begin with, though she has a feeling there's still something more to him.

"Oh shit, does that mean they're having you kill the asshole or does that mean you need to capture him in order to be fuckin questioned?" Touma has a pretty damn good idea which it is, but he still hopes he will be proved wrong and they might yet show a hint of kindness.

"Hmm... Interesting. To think the boss is the brains behind it all, I wonder why they didn't try to hide him more, surely they had to know something like this was going to happen." Index isn't sure she likes this at all, but she can understand less what the hell Skillout was thinking.

"Misaka does not approve of the way things are going right now, proclaims Misaka Misaka, a bad feeling settling in her gut that tells her something is going to go wrong or perhaps not to plan to begin with." Last Order has a hand arresting lightly on her chest, perhaps without even knowing, like a weight is resting there, a feeling that is trying to inform her of something.

"I can't say this is going to have any sort of good effect on your mental health." Heaven already dreads this, he's going to have to pay extremely close attention to make damn sure he catches anything that might hurt him in the long run.

Accelerator is frowning heavily, gaze locked on to the phone, memorizing everything he needs. "Dispose of him quickly. Our goal is to derail Skillout's plans before-" Accelerator has one eyebrow raised, almost silently asking if they're serious. "-they can proceed any further." He does not appear amused or entertained by the things he's just been told. The tall clean buildings of Academy city, and then older buildings, brown, gray and looking dirty next to the rest. A black truck, driving through the older area. "Any reason we're taking a garbage truck?" Accelerator looks less than pleased or amused, face almost blank, as he stares at the ceiling, one hand holding the phone to his right ear and the other curled behind his head.

"Oh my god, they really went to all the stops." Yoshikawa is trying really hard to breathe, cackling so hard she's gone into silence. Last Order muffles her laughter, half heartedly at best, hands over her mouth, though the sound comes out pretty clear anyways.

"...They sent you to kill a man in a garbage truck? The fuck are they even thinking?" Mikoto is now certain she really does not like the humor of their entire GROUP, but it's not like she can do anything about it right now, so she will endure it.

"I don't like that their immediate solution is to kill him. Why not capture him? Try to learn more or anything?" Touma is almost desperate to make sure that the albino, his brother, does not have to kill any more people, because his heart can only take so many blows and it hurts watching the idiot force himself through situations.

"Fucking hell, anything that damn bastard might've told us, we already either knew or we could've easily goddamn found out, since we are the dark side, now shut up. There's no fucking way to change the damn past, Touma!" Accelerator growls, tired of having to listen to this, though there's exhaustion in his tone as well, and if you listen close enough, even perhaps some regret.

"They really sent a teenager out to kill the leader of a dark side group as a first assignment without a hint of remorse, huh? I wonder if they all have wills or retirement plans..." Yomikawa tilts her head to the side, a calm smile on her face, but it is completely at odds with the malice and anger rolling off of her in waves promising death and destruction to the board if she meets any of them.

"Shit, they really are crazy bastards." Heaven shakes his head as he gives in and starts to mime his way through a surgery, because he hates where this is going but can do nothing.

"The truck is extremely nice, and you look comfortable, as well as a lot more relaxed then when you had that boy with you, how interesting." Index has been paying close attention, and she can see where his childhood and where his experience as someone of the dark side are helping him, the two are different things, and it is eerily easy to see Touma in these situations.

"You'd be surprised how handy they are." The man next to him driving says and does nothing in reaction, paying attention only to the road. "It'll be great for getting rid of the body." Accelerator looks almost innocent, hair all over his face, eyes soft and gentle at the moment as he's not directly facing anyone who might be a threat. "A garbage truck going around picking up the bodies of scumbags? Well that's one way to take out the trash." The truck squeaks to a stop, the door popping open, his crutch hitting the ground just before his legs.

"Why the fuck would you accept that so damn easily?" Mikoto almost wails, because she can not handle this idiot for too long or she might hurt him for just going along with things that are wrong because he was raised differently.

"Dear fucking god, the shit you must've gone through." Touma shakes his head, horror and awe racing through him, because what shit had the albino seen as a child, but he still kept moving and lived, so he's pretty damn strong.

"Misaka does not like your reaction either, but she understands it better, so she will not comment on it, states Misaka Misaka, well aware herself what kind of affects growing up in the dark side can have on somebody." Last Order would know best aside from Yoshikawa, with the memories of the Sisters in her head.

"That's a pretty good strategy, no one would question anything and it's efficient. Fucking shit, it's far too easy to slide back into that mindset." Yoshikawa growls to herself, harshly chewing on some food, trying to get the thoughts out of her head, because she refuses to go back to that dark place.

"I see... You really have interacted and mingled with some of the worst of humanity, haven't you?" Index breathes like everything has hit her and it might as well be true, everything clicking into place in a way it just wouldn't before, giving her the bigger picture of what the dark side of the city must be like.

Heaven just groans, because these kids have bad enough humor, dark and morbid humor are not necessary, but quite a few have it due to being in the dark side.

"Those fuckers, sending you in just like that with nothing more, huh?" Yomikawa cracks a few of her knuckles, the sound echoing in the room, a few of them flinching and others just giving he looks, the doctor letting out a faint sound of protest because he knows what that does but he can't exactly stop her either.

"God, this day was just a shit show all together, fucking hell..." Accelerator mutters, rubbing at his forehead, the beginnings of a headache gathering there, but he will not stop this, he can take meds or some shit later, for now he's going to damn well finish this bullshit.

He moves and closes the door with his arm, phone switched to the other ear since he now has to use the crutch. "He will return for recovery in twenty minutes, as planned." Accelerator watches as the truck drives away. "Be careful." Accelerator turns to face the alley beside him, phone still to his ear before a beep rings out, clearly the call is over. He lets out a deep sigh, closing and putting the phone away, looking annoyed as well as perhaps a bit sad. "So no matter how this goes down, I'm stuck riding in that thing?" He lowers his head, eyes slipping closed. "Though whether it'll be in the front or the back, I don't know yet." He starts moving forward.

"Hey, no self deprecating shit like that, you fuck!" Yomikawa jumps on that immediately because if she lets it get away, he will continue to do it, like the self-sacrificing idiot he is.

"Damn, they really are just going to leave it all to you to prove everything, hmm?" Yoshikawa hates that he thinks that as well, shown by the pinch she gives him, but she also understands his emotions and stand on that, so she says nothing for the moment.

"Goddamn you, stop being a little shit with low self esteem, you are worth something to us and that is all that matters. You believe in that and we'll work from fucking there, you understand?" Mikoto levels a glare at the albino, who locks gazes with her, in order to measure her, before giving in after deciding it's just not worth it.

"Misaka would love to give you a hug, you just need to sleep and let your soul heal a little, ok, asks Misaka Misaka, trying desperately to save you while you are trying desperately to save her, except unlike you, Misaka is not destroying herself." Last Order wraps her arms around him in a hug, refusing to accept any words protesting otherwise.

"I can't believe they gave you 30 minutes and really thought it would take that long." Index muses because she knows at least she would potentially take that as a challenge.

"You stupid bastard, you are never going to be in the back of that thing, because you may think you are scum, but you are certainly not and we know that." Touma sighs, because he can kind of understand his brother, since he does not think he is all that great either, but at least he doesn't think he's scum either.

"Your mental health is in the ditch and you need to stop saying things like that." Heaven grumbles, already well aware of the fact he might as well make a goddamn fucking paper on all the triggers and symptoms the albino shows, though that still might not be enough.

"Fuckin hell, I am trying, but there's only so much I can do, so you're just going to have to be fuckin patient as hell and continue holding out your bullshit hands and all that fuckery, ok?!" Accelerator protests all the slander against him, because he might still think like that sometimes, but that's normal, and he's trying, they just need to chill.

A gate with barbed wire. "Hiding from security robots." Sheets covering the space between roofs. "Using little tricks to escape the gaze of observation satellites." The albino is staring up, clearly observing everything as he moves further in. "Well it's nothing I'm not used to." He stops, still looking up, almost sounding sad as he speaks, clearly this hits somehow. His phone starts vibrating, the albino reaching in and pulling it out, flipping it open to reveal a phone number, as well as the number 3. He answers. "That you, Tsuchimikado?" He almost sounds bored.

"Oh, and which of those things is touching a soft spot? Sore spot? A spot in general?" Heaven muses almost silently, trying to figure out more since he is the little shit's therapist.

"I really don't like how easily you figured that shit out." Touma frowns because that more than anything speaks of Accelerator's experience of living in the dark side of the city than anything, because no one else does shit like that.

"So they do things like that all over the place, do the fuckers?" Mikoto recognizes things like that from when she went around destroying the labs and shit, but had not realized it was all the dark side who could choose to use those and not just those researchers.

"You know, that name sounds familiar but I can't quite figure the fuck why." Yoshikawa taps her chin a few times, taking a sip of her drink, trying to decide what about that name is itching at her brain but nothing is jumping out right at the moment.

"I wonder if this is a person we know or not." Index is well aware that Touma has a friend by that name, but surely that idiot would not be involved in the dark side, right?

"I don't like that frown on your face, you really should not be doing this, brat. This is the way those fuckers avoid us, is it?" Yomikawa will be smothering the little bastard in all the hugs, love and fucking fluffy things she can, because he deserves it for the worry and bullshit he put her through.

"Misaka is not exactly happy about you recognizing that stuff, declares Misaka Misaka, well aware you are still trying to pull yourself together and are currently doing it in an unhealthy way as always because you do not care about self-care." Last Order looks like she's getting more and more enthusiastic about the health lectures, likely because she is starting to get batter at them from all the practice she is getting as well as that he is listening, even if he doesn't look like it.

"I figured your first mission would be starting soon." Accelerator looks at his phone in something like disgust, maybe. "I just wanted a quick word before it did." "Let me guess, a warning?" The albino knows the game and rules, for the most part, sounds like he was expecting it. "Yeah? Some advice for the new guy? What'll-" He looks ahead. "-it be?" His gaze is still determined, but he looks almost dead, like he's closing a part of himself off in order to do the job. "Whatever you do, don't trust us." He lets out a small confused, "Huh?" as he looks at the phone again. The fence with barbed wire on it, Accelerator seen between a gap, phone to his ear, just the way he's standing, sending dangerous vibes. "GROUP is an organization that can only function in the shadows. If word of our existence got out, it would be trouble. We have no inspiring mission statement and noble or lofty goals."

"Holy shit, he is really telling you quite a bit here." Yoshikawa knows most people are extremely secretive, but it appears this guy has no such reservations, easily saying things.

"Jesus christ, things in this city are so fucked up, good god." Yomikawa tries to fight the tears in her eyes, because in what world do they live, that children can not bother to try and rely on adults, must less trust them?

"Misaka likes this person, says Misaka Misaka, because she can tell he is being honest and extremely blunt with you for your own good, as well as for himself." Last Order doesn't know this person, but she knows that he would justify it similar to Accelerator, a sort of 'if I tell them, it's less trouble later' approach.

"Hmm... How interesting. I didn't fucking realize this asshole was going to give you a warning, and about GROUP at that. I don't think I like these people though, to create a thing like this with goals like that." Touma grumbles, trying his hardest to figure out how the fuck this could possibly go wrong.

"Fuckin love of god, you have to work from the shadows? So if anyone from GROUP had been captured and spilled, the damn thing would've been over like fucking that?" Mikoto really hates how the dark side is run, abandoning people and goals without a second thought, with plenty of back up plans and a ruthlessness most people could never dream of.

Heaven decides to say nothing, since he sees no visible injuries, though he is extremely curious to see where this goes.

"How interesting. To think not even those within the city trust those high up governing everything." Index wonders what the hell it means that not even the Espers trust the board, let alone the citizens.

Accelerator is staring at the phone intently, listening closely, a certain light in his eyes, clearly he was not expecting this. "Did you think I would be expecting some kind of reward for my service?" He sounds angry, the darkness starting to leak out. He's leaning on the crutch, his bad leg bent at the knee to keep the weight off of it. "If you do nothing but play by the rules established by the governing board, you'll never get the upper hand in this game. I'm saying there's one question-" The albino has closed his eyes, clearly not feeling threatened. "-you should be asking yourself : what do I need to do to win?" The darkness is starting to creep out more, the way Accelerator's head is tilted to the side, the frown on his face, even the way his eyes are closed.

"Fuckin shit, he's really pissing you off and you haven't even met him face to face, I think that might be a goddamn achievement of some sort." Yoshikawa is trying her hardest to not laugh, but her sniggers are only so quiet, especially since she had initially choked on her damn drink.

Yomikawa had choked on her drink and is still coughing, the surprise and bemusement at the words said as well as the reaction meaning she's having trouble catching her breath to actually laugh at anything. Last Order pats the woman's back to try and appear as if she's helping, giggling hard without a hint of trying to hide it.

"He's not wrong, with a group led by people who operate only in the shadows with no goals that will align with yours, you only need to focus on yourself and surviving, as well as winning." Index nods, because she actually likes this guy, he is speaking the truth in a simple message, without giving a roundabout riddle of any kind.

"To think someone of the dark, and a young someone by the sounds, would give such good advice." Heaven is almost impressed, except he knows that most of those raised or forced into darkness grow up far too damn fast and way too engrossed in things no one ever wants to be.

"Fucking hell, he's giving it to you all on a damn platter without hesitation, I don't think he's lying or baiting you, but this also seems way too convenient, if you know what I mean." Touma is trying to figure out exactly how this other teenager might get something out of this, but off the top of his head there is nothing that comes to mind at all.

"He really pissed you off by implying you were expecting a reward, didn't he? Not that I blame you, that's bullshit, but still. Not quite the expected response from the number 1 ranked level 5 Esper of Academy City, ya know?" Mikoto really wants to know how the hell Accelerator has managed anything when he so easily gets distracted and reacts in a way people might not expect.

"Fuckin leave me alone, I was not any more informed than you and that asshole was fucking vague as fuck, so it's not like anything was clear to me either!" Accelerator exclaims, a blush along his cheeks, because he never trusted the group to begin with, but it was nice to hear it from another smart teen within the dark, not someone easily tricked or anything.

"You and I have something in common. We both have things to protect." Accelerator grimaces, but does not deny the words. "Was there anything else you wanted to say?" He sounds vaguely annoyed, but there is no darkness there. "Finish up quickly, and get back here. Musujime has a job in that area and she'll be getting started pretty soon." The albino opens his eyes, staring at the phone, looking a tad bit insulted and slightly surprised. "Another GROUP member?"

"Oh? They gave you all this information and did not mention her at all, huh?" Yomikawa squints, because that is extremely suspicious as well as poorly timed, making her wonder what the fuck the board are thinking at this point.

"How many Group members are there, demands Misaka Misaka, so confused because she counted 4 including Accelerator, but does the governing board count and who else would count?" Last Order really isn't sure who all counts as GROUP or not, but she would love to fucking know.

"Good lord, they are not giving out the important information. Trust this teen." Index looks to Accelerator, staring into his red eyes and gives him a grin when he simply gives a sharp nod, before going back to munching through her food.

"You didn't deny it, that's good progress." Heaven muses, wondering how many of his lessons will be rendered mute or useless, perhaps some will even become high priority and that scares him a bit.

"Are you telling me that he read you that damn easily based on whatever information was given to them when you were made a member?" Mikoto almost wants to know how smart this guy has to be or if he's just accurately guessing, both of which are almost equally impressive.

"I think this one is trustworthy, but I don't like that another member is so close and you had to learn from this asshole instead of Unabara, who gave you all the information you have on this mission, so what the fuck?" Touma is trying to work out what they might gain from something like this, but he can only see this causing problems, so maybe watching this play out will be for the best. 

An explosion goes off not far from him, the dust kicking up in front of him, likely coming from the building next to him. He doesn't budge, even as a strong winds comes through and blows everything around. He's staring ahead, looking fluffy and almost adorable. He tilts his head down as the wind dies, eyes closing. "No one mentioned anything about this being a contest." His voice is almost deadpan.

Last Order bursts into giggles, more from the tone of his voice than what he actually said, because she recognizes that as his 'you are a child' tone. Touma and Mikoto choke on food and drink at the response, the delivery so smooth they both take a moment to even realize what he said and then they're dying.

Index wheezes around the food in her mouth, taking a drink and then bursting into actual laughter, while Yomikawa covers her laughter with a hand. Heaven wonders wildly if this is a defense mechanism and where the hell it comes from and why it comes forth.

"Gotta love that damn humor you got there, kid." Yoshikawa grins, her cackles the first to die out since she's been around him longest and best gets his type of humor. 

"Leave me the hell alone." Accelerator retorts back with little bite, a blush across his cheeks from the compliment, even if it was barely one.

"The target she was assigned isn't a person. It's money." The teen is still leaning on his crutch, having barely moved since he stopped. "Musujime, huh? I'm surprised she's fit to take on a job." It's a clear jab. "You and she are ranked the same. She's been upgraded." "Oh, has she? That's great to hear." Accelerator is staring ahead, his darkness starting to leak out of him at this point, as he settles into the necessary mindset to kill people. He hangs up, putting the phone away. A smile stretches across his face, hiding his sadness at having to do this. "What am I waiting for? Might as well get started on the-" The building, windows broken, on both sides of him, clearly he's looking for something. "-job." He reaches up, choker activated with a whine, a wicked grin on his face.

"What the hell did you see that has you already preparing for battle?" Touma perks up, going through the environment as well as everything that had been seen but nothing sticks out.

"Hmm... I think it might be more his experience acting there than anything." Yoshikawa muses quietly, because she knows she saw next to nothing, but she had felt like someone might attack and sometimes in the dark side, that's all you need.

"Interesting reflexes, but I wonder what you plan to do." Index had not seen anything either, but she has a feeling this is more the way the albino was raised than anything.

Mikoto inhales sharply, wondering if they're about to watch her brother kill people again or if he's going to only beat them, considering how much he is shoving aside. Last Order is squirming in excitement, though she is a tad bit concerned, since if he kills he will definitely spiral a lot more than she would like him to.

"I think the fact you had your guard up the entire time speaks a lot of how the dark side is." Yomikawa had known it was bad, but not that damn bad and wonders how many others suffered in similar ways.

Heaven heaves a groan, trying to figure out if that hyper vigilance is something they'll need to address in therapy, before deciding it likely is, especially considering what little he knows from later on.

He puts both arms out to the side, near his waist. "It's clean up time, I should have this wrapped up in ten minutes." The darkness has finally come out, his eyes wide and glowing with that inhumane predatory gleam, the grin on his face almost too wide. 

"Jesus christ, that grin bothers me on multiple levels in so many ways, I can't even think of them all." Touma shudders a bit, because it's like looking at a mirror, except the glass is broken so all the shattered pieces are there, reflecting back in a way that is horrid.

"Never have I wanted to see someone so engulfed in darkness they can smile like that, not ever." Mikoto shakes her head, pushing through the memories of a similar smile, almost glowing and vindictive in the light, as he killed girl after girl, all looking like her.

"Surely there is no reason to try and take less time, after all you don't know anything about his skills or equipment, maybe wait to observe for a few moments?" Index wonders if maybe the teen has some sort of emotional issue, aside from having difficulty expressing them, because acting like that immediately is an odd reaction.

"Ok, but something about that leader gave me bad vibes, I want to see what the hell happens next." Yomikawa had not liked the image shown of him and the little information on him had not exactly been reassuring either.

"His name certainly sounded the slightest bit familiar, but that means nothing when I knew most of the dark side, simply just to make sure they would not cause trouble, and so many of them blurred together." Yoshikawa is trying her hardest to make him stand out, but he was not a threat to anything she was doing, so nothing comes up.

"How interesting. This is bringing quite a few things about you into the light and I find myself constantly surprised by each new emotion, picture, imagine, side shown to us." Heaven has slowly been trying to get the full picture on Accelerator, but it had not been complete, though it is slowly coming together.

"Misaka is concerned because that leader seems dangerous but she trusts you to not be stupid or get hurt, mutters Misaka Misaka, trying to figure out what about that man has her so disturbed and bothered." Last Order places a finger on her chin as she runs through everything she knows, trying to piece together the clues to determine why the man raises her flags.

"Fuckin hell, if you all would shut the fuck up and give it a damn rest, we can figure out what the hell happens, so shut the fuck up." Accelerator is really anticipating seeing how they react to this fight, mostly because he really had not been prepared for the things that had gone down, not so damn soon at least. 

"Well, either way, let's retire for the night, maybe grab a snack or anything if ya need one, see ya brats." Yomikawa heads off, dragging Yoshikawa with her, both heading for the baths.

"I'll go get my rest as well." Heaven rises and heads towards his bedroom.

The group of kids are left to blink at each other for a moment, before they start to move. Touma and Accelerator corral their charges into sleepwear and anything else, while Mikoto brushes her teeth and lays down to watch it all happen, entirely too amused by how similar and different the pairs are.

Index and Last Order settle down more or less easily, though both the boys look a bit haggard, sparing tired glances at each other before they just settle where they are, unwilling to move. The sleep is peaceful that night. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.3K 1.7K 29
(sequel series to A Railgun In Fairy Tail) Mikoto Misaka, the Railgun, defeated Dravis Lord of Destruction. She, along with Natsu, Lucy, Happy, and E...
118K 2K 53
Touma Kamijou is a average looking boy with no aura or semblance. Instead there is a strange ability in his right arm that allows him to cancel out s...
35.6K 1K 41
(THIS BOOK IS PUBLISHED ONLY ON FANFICTION AND WATTPAD) A bite from a peculiar spider sends Touma Kamijou's story careening to a wild detour into the...
77.1K 1.6K 22
An alternate universe where Accelerator and Mikoto met each other again before New Testament. After the experiments, memories of their time together...