Power Up! (Male Reader)

By Morning_Blankets

Townsville, USA. A normal city with strange problems. Monsters, villains, and even demons try to attack the c... More

Once Upon A Time....
Working In The Dark
Life Keeps Moving
Favors For A Friend
Meeting At The Mall
Making A Deal With The Devil
A Dance Recital And Late Night Chats
The Day Life Of A Super Powered Teenager
Operation: S.C.R.I.P.T
A Trio Of Questions
Countdown To Homecoming
Homecoming Finally
Three Identities, Three Troubles
The Black Puddle Queen Pt. 1
The Black Puddle Queen Pt. 2
The Tale of The Four Kings
Cityville Pt. 1
Cityville Pt. 2
The Underworld
Kinda Fixing Things
Things Are Never Easy
Vilestown Pt. 1
Vilestown Pt. 2
Vilestown Pt. 3
Vilestown Pt. 4
Vilestown Pt. 5
Minor Adjustments
The Mark of Kings
OVAs #1
Date At The.......
A Secret Family
A Saturday On A Monday
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 1
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 2
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 3
The Secret Misadventures Pt. 4
What Do We Do Now?
Voting #3
16 Candles And One Wish
Lakeview Pt. 1
Lakeview Pt. 2
Lakeview Dance
Into The Unknown Pt. 1
Into The Unknown Pt. 2
Into The Unkown Pt. 3
Into The Unknown Pt. 4
A/N
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 1
Q&A
New Cover! (A/N)
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 2
Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 3
Tales of The Unknown Pt. 4
Tales of The Unknown Pt. 5
Capital Of The Unknown Pt. 1
Capital Of The Unknown Pt. 2
Back To Townsville
Mystery Inc. Pt. 1
Myserty Inc. Pt 2
Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 1
Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 2
Future Quest Pt. 1
Future Quest Pt. 2
Future Quest Pt. 3
Future Quest Pt. 4
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
A/N

Something In The Orange

1.2K 76 57
By Morning_Blankets

You found the best way to sleep for you is on your stomach. Your back didn't hurt as much and your bruises from your brief fight with Blue Falcon didn't hurt as much. Also, you just felt more relaxed.

That relaxation was suddenly torn away from you when your door was kicked open, making you wake up with a scream. Buttercup marched in and looked at you with fire in her eyes. You grabbed your blanket to use as a shield, only for Buttercup to pull it away and trap you against the wall with her arms.

Buttercup: What the heck, Y/N?!

Y/N: Why?! Why do you keep waking me up like this?!

Buttercup: You just up and disappeared without telling us! And then we find your phone in an alley destroyed?!

Y/N: Blame him!

You pointed at Courage and you both looked at him. He looked up from your new phone that he was setting up for you. He looked at the two of you before he went back to your phone.

Buttercup: You know what? That checks out.

She turned back to you. However, she did not move. She kept you trapped against the wall.

Y/N: So, uh, was there something else?

Buttercup: Yeah. Actually, I've had something on my mind for a while now.

Y/N: Oh? Well, I'm all ears.

Buttercup: So I have a question.

You were officially nervous.

Buttercup: Do...do you like Blossom?

Power Up!

Brat: What?

You brushed your teeth while Brat leaned against the doorframe. You spat out the toothpaste and washes your mouth out. You then grabbed a small towl to dry yourself off.

Y/N: I said, I have a date. I'll be gone for most of the day.

Brat nodded.

Brat: Cool. But why?

You shrugged. You honestly didn't know why Buttercup wanted to suddenly go on a date, but you were finally at a point where you would go on dates, but you still didn't feel quote comfortable with being in a relationship.

You stretched a bit before walking past Brat. She watched you go back into your room. She then leaned over and knocked on Zak's door. It took a second and what sounded like a body hitting the floor before the door opened.

Zak's hair was disheveled and his eyes were still bloodshot from not getting enough sleep. He looked around for a second before looking at Brat.

Zak: What?

Brat: Get dressed. We're going on a date.

Brat walked off without another word. Zak stood there for a second before he nodded and closed the door. At that time, Courage walked by with his Golden Girls coffee mug when Zak swung his door back open, scaring the dog.

Zak: WHAT?!
-------------------
You sat on the front steps of your house, waiting for Buttercup to text or call or....anything. Honestly, she made you worry a bit this morning.

Y/N: Blossom? Well, I, uh, think that she is pretty cute. But, like, in her own way. I don't know how to answer this question. I swear I'm not stupid, it just caught me off guard.

Buttercup frowned, but leaned even closer.

Buttercup: Let's go on a date, then. Just me and you. Tonight.

Y/N: That's how traditional dates go, but okay.

You looked up at the sky and let out a sigh. This was going to end in disaster, wasn't it? You could almost feel it in your bones.

Beast: You care for these girls.

You looked down at your hand. Why was he talking to you now of all times?

Beast: You're nervous. This is usual when it comes to a date. Especially with someone you have such a history with.

Y/N: Wait, can you see through my memories?

Beast: Yes.

Y/N: Dude. Not cool.

Beast: Do you love her?

Love was such a strong word. You didn't even know if you wanted a relationship. Honestly, you never gave it much thought. You had been too busy with....well, everything. Romance was in the back of your head right now. But, at the same time, shouldn't you be enjoying your normal life?

You thought back in what Blue Falcon said. About cherishing your friends.

Beast: Enjoy today. Relax, take a moment to breathe.

Y/N: I seriously don't need you of all people trying to be a father figure.

Beast: You have a long way before you reach Aku. Value it.

He suddenly went quiet. You blew some air through your nose before your phone started to ring. You pulled it out and saw it was Buttercup. You answered it.

Y/N: What's up, Buttercup? Ready to rock and roll?

Buttercup: Come pick me up, Y/N.

You looked at the house that was literally next door. You clicked your tounge.

Y/N: Your legs broken or something? Just come out and I'll meet you halfway.

Buttercup: Just come and get me, Y/N.

She hung up. You rolled your eyes, already tired of the games. Buttercup was usually a very direct and upfront person. Why was she doing this now?

You decided to just play along and stood up. You made your way next door and knocked on the door. You waited for a bit before the door opened and you were greeted by a baffling sight.

Standing before you was Buttercup. At least, you think so. Only, she looked.....not like herself.  She.....

Buttercup wore makeup and a dress. An actual dress. It was still green, but it was lighter than usual. It reached her knees, and her hair was even tied in a short ponytail. She looked cute, of course, but, this felt like you were seeing something you shouldn't.

She looked nervous herself. She rubbed her arm while looking around. Finally, she looked at you.

Buttercup: Hey, Y/N.
-------------------
Zak: Not what I thought when you said we were going on a date.

Brat hit his shoulder while keeping a reasonable distance behind you and Buttercup. Though they haven't known each other for long, Zak noticed that Buttercup seemed awkward.

Liz: Just remember to stay back far enough so they don't see us.

Brat and Zak both stopped and looked across the street to see a disguised Liz and Professor. They were also spying on your date. The four locked eyes in an awkward stare. However, both groups silently agreed to say nothing and continue their mission.

You and Buttercup entered the movie theater and stood in line for tickets. By the time it was your turn, you looked at the selection. You spotted one that you think Buttercup would like. One of those Karate Priate Of Space movies.

However, before you could even suggest it, Buttercup spoke up.

Buttercup: What about that one?

She pointed to a poster for one, but it looked more like something Bubbles would watch. Some cheesy looking fantasy romance movie. You were going to comment on it, but you bit your tounge when you saw the look on Buttercup's face.

Y/N: Two for that one.

You paid for the tickets and headed to the snack bar. As you walked by, you failed to noticed a pair sitting in the seating area. Bubbles wore a blue haired wig with blue glasses while Blossom had her hair tucked into a hat.

The two watched you both walk by with raised brows. Buttercup was so determined to get a makeover and she refused to tell them why. Now that they know it was for a date with you, they were even more suspicious.

They looked at each other, before looking across the way to see Mitch and Courage sitting there with wide eyes. They weren't spying on anyone, though. Courage just wanted to watch the new Karate Priate Of Space movie. And since everyone was apparently busy, he called Mitch who was also up to nothing since Robin was working.

Courage: <Shameful>

The two continued onto their movie.

You and Buttercup looked at the snacks available and you thought about maybe getting a candy bar. You knew that Buttercup loved a good Goo-Bar, so you figured you'd ask.

Y/N: Hey, wanna split a Goo-Bar?

Buttercup smiled, but then shook her head.

Buttercup: No!

You raised a brow while Buttercup gestured to her outfit.

Buttercup: I don't want to get a stain on my dress.

Oh. Right. Yeah.

You both frowned as you looked at the snacks. You....you didn't like this. Not one bit.
-----------------
You sat next to Buttercup and watched as the lackluster plot played out before you. A "normal" teenage girl must decoded between two handsome guys from another world only to find out that she is the chosen one. The action sucked, the special effects were lacking, and the acting was atrocious.

Nedward: Get away from me, Ella! I'm changing! I'm changing!

You sighed silently before looking at Buttercup. She wasn't enjoying this either. You looked down at your hands. What happened? Why was she acting like this? Why did she change? She was perfect the way she was. She was Buttercup, the toughest fighter. Your friend.

Did you do something? Did something happen? Why wasn't she talking to you?

Buttercup looked over to you to see you playing with your thumbs. She frowned, clenching her fists. Suddenly, she got up and hurried off with you watching. You quickly got up to follow. You were still unaware that there were six people watching the whole thing.

Liz: Uh-oh.

Brat: That can't be good.

Bubbles: They didn't even say anything. What happened?

You ran out of the theater. The sun was already setting, giving the sky an orange glow over the city. The air was cold.

Y/N: Buttercup, wait!

Buttercup hugged herself before she turned around, anger in her eyes.

Buttercup: Why? Why are you being so weird all the sudden?!

You stopped a few feet away from her. Confusion on your face.

Y/N: Me? I'm weird?! Look at you!

Oh, that did not sound like you wanted it to. Buttercup threw her purse at you, knowing you would catch it. You didn't even know she owned a purse before today. Still, it was clear that she was upset at you now.

Y/N: I...that's not what I meant!

Buttercup: What's wrong with me?!

Y/N: Nothing!

Buttercup: Why is it that when everyone else dresses up you look at them?!

Y/N: What?! I-I....wait! This isn't about me. You've been acting all weird since I picked you up!

You reached into her purse and pulled out a thing of lipstick, holding it up to show her.

Y/N: This! This crap doesn't belong on you! Where's the Buttercup I know?!

Buttercup snatched the lipstick away from you, flicking off the cap and swiping it across your face, not hurting you, but leaving a streak of green across your cheek and lips. She looked at you before shaking her head.

Buttercup: Funny. You're still you.

She took her purse and turned away, taking off in a streak of green and leaving you staning there in disbelief. You reached up and touched the lipstick, before wiping it off with your sleeve.

You sighed and started walking down the street.

What was that? Why was it all falling apart again? You thought you had fixed this already. So, why? Why was it all breaking?

Buttercup closed her door and rested her head against it. Why didn't you look at her like you looked at Blossom? Did you not see her as a woman? Was she really that weird?

You should've said no. You shouldn't have gone on the date. Why did she even change her look? She was Buttercup.

You didn't even compliment her dress. She had put so much effort into it and you just looked at her like she was a monster. Why? Buttercup found herself covering her face as she cried.

Why did it hurt so much?

You stopped walking and looked up to the sky. You took a moment before you reached into your pocket and pulled out the card that Blue Falcon gave you.

None of this would have been happening if you didn't have these powers. If the Void power wasn't in you. You would have been a normal teenager with a normal life.

You pulled out your phone and dialed the first number.

Voicemail: You have reached the number for "Dr. Benton Quest". Please...

You hung up and sighed. You then looked at the second number and gave that one a try. After a few rings, you got an answer.

Y/N: Hey, Mr. Crown. I want to meet Dr. Quest. I think it's time we talked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 4.6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
6.5K 136 7
Ben Tennyson had been through a lot in the past few months as he started his journey into UA, Defeated a villain at the USJ, winning the sports festi...
113K 4.1K 88
Before anything can begin, it must first Start from Zero. Before there was Red vs Blue, there was Project Freelancer. And before there was Project...
69.3K 2.3K 46
After the death of his father, a young detective prodigy moves in with an old friend of his father, in a town called Jintou. Jintou is a town with ma...