Blink and you'll miss it

By Tonkatsu__

Hi. It me the author. I like RWBY, I also like reading fan fiction. Figured I'd try it out my self. I did thi... More

Bio
Prologue
Chapter 1: Not so Little Red... Scythe...
Chapter 2: Making friends?
Chapter 3: WOOO SLEEP OVER!
Chapter 4: Falling very very fast!
Chapter 5: Tis but a scratch!
Chaoter 6: Pieces in play
Chapter 7: A new team
Chapter 8: One of the boys
Chapter 9: One of the boys pt2
Chapter 10: True strength
Filler: Surprise!
Chapter 11: Not something to be ashamed of
Chapter 12: I'm sorry.
Vol. 2 Chapter 1: FOOOOOD FIIIIIGHT!!
Vol. 2 Chapter 2: Just say it...
Vol. 2 Chapter 3: Plans in motion
Vol. 2 Chapter 4: The plan falls apart
Vol. 2 Chapter 5: Unrequitted
Message from me to you
Vol. 2 Chapter 6: A moment of rest
Vol. 2 Chapter 7: The night they remember
Vol. 2 Chapter 8: The coolest History teacher in... history...
Vol. 2 Chapter 9: Never a dull moment...
Vol. 2 Chapter 10: For Vale
Filler: Boys night
Vol 3 Chapter 1: Fight
Vol. 3 Chapter 3: The question
Vol. 3 Chapter 4: Fairy tale.
Vol. 3 chapter 5: The night they want to forget
Vol. 4 Chapter 0: A rough patch.
Vol. 4 Chapter 1: Life goes on
Vol. 4 chapter 2: The long road
Vol. 4 Chapter 3: Rogue Encounter
Vol. 4 Chapter 4: Savior
Vol. 4 Chapter 5: For myself
Vol. 5 Chapter 1: Mistral
Vol. 5 Chapter 2: Huh?
Vol. 5 Chapter 3: But at what cost?
Vol. 5 Chapter 4: Almost whole again.
Vol. 5 Chapter 5: Early bird
Vol. 5 Chapter 6: First blood
Vol. 5 Chapter 7: Hate
Vol. 5 Chapter 8: For Haven
Vol. 5 Chapter 9: The hardest battle yet
Vol. 6 Chapter 1: Motherfuckin Grimm on this Motherfuckin Train!!
Vol. 6 Chapter 2: Long way
Vol. 6 chapter 3: Side quest begins
Vol. 6 Chapter 4: What are we doing
Vol. 6 Chapter 5: IS THAT THE GRIM REAPER?!
Vol. 6 Chapter 6: High tension
Vol. 6 Chapter 7: Reconciliation
Vol. 6 Chapter 8: Operation Yoink
Vol. 6 Chapter 9: Brothers
Vol. 7 Chapter 1: A warm welcome

Vol. 3 Chapter 2: Family

1.6K 28 27
By Tonkatsu__

(Y/n): "Jesus Christ..."

(Y/n) facepalmed in the stands

He and the rest of team RWBY were watching their sister team, Team JNPR take on Team BRNZ from Shade Academy. Everything was going great for JNPR actually, well minus Jaune almost getting knocked out by his own shield. They were doing well all things considered, Nora managed to charge up at the top of the thundering mountain. Things were going well. Until they got to this point now.

Jaune: "F-flower power. That's your team attack name."

The rest of JNPR looked at each other confused.

Ren: "Since when?"

Jaune: "Guys! We went over this! Flower power is Ren and Nora! Ren brings the flower and Nora brings the power.

Ren: "How do I bring a flower?"

Nora: "No silly! Not a flower, flour like in baking!"

Ren: "Why would I bring that!"

Jaune: "No it's your symbol!"

Pyrrha: "So... what are we?"

Jaune: (whisper yelling) "PYRRHAA!!!"

Pyrrha: "Sorry! I just wanna make sure it's clearly defined!"

Even team BRNZ looks confused. The diversionary tactic of sorts seems to have worked on the Vacuo team. They're completely baffled and haven't gone to attack the currently defenseless team.

(Y/n): "JAUNE WILL YOU SHUT UP AND FIGHT!"

Jaune turns to his friend

Jaune: "THIS IS IMPORTANT!!"

(Y/n): "MILLIONS OF PEOPLE CURRENTLY WAITING FOR YOU TO GET ON WITH IT!"

Jaune blinks and seems to remember that every moment of this is being broadcast on live TV.

Jaune: "Nora just hit em with your hammer..."

Back in the stands an irate (Y/n) sits back down as Nora ring outs all 4 members of team BRNZ in one swing. The buzzer sounds indicating the end of the match.

Port: (intercom) "And with that, Team JNPR wins by knock out! Literally... can someone go make sure they're ok?"

(Y/n): "Anger, rage, more rage... stuff!"

(Y/n) feels Blake pat him on the back

Blake: "I think team SSSN fights next. You wanna stay and watch?"

(Y/n): "mhm."

Blake: "Are you gonna stop being a big baby about not being able to fight?"

(Y/n) slumps his shoulders but nods.

Oobleck: "Ah, well, Vacuo fans are sure to be hurting after that one, but this next one will have them on the edge of their seats!"

Port: "Team NDGO of Shade is certainly a crowd favorite, but these lovely ladies are going against some of the toughest, testosterone-filled teammates we've seen so far! I'm of course talking about... Team SSSN!"

The two teams enter the cleared arena waving to the crowd. With a loud shriek from a lot of the SSSN fan girls, and Scarlet Fanboys, the audience is alive with energy.

Port: "Sun Wukong and his team are certainly a force to be reckoned with, and although he'll be representing the Mistral Academy of Haven, I'm sure his friends and family back in Vacuo will be cheering him along!"

Weiss: "Good luck Neptune!"

Neptune continues to wave until he lays eyes on his opponents. And cool dude Neptune comes to the forefront.

Neotune: (winking) "Ladies~"

This angers the White haired girl.

Weiss: "Break his stupid Face NDGO!"

(Y/n): "Woah! Weiss calm down!"

Weiss: "You shut up, you cried all morning because you can't participate."

(Y/n): "Shut up! No I didn't!"

Back in the arena the two teams face off awaiting the field selection.

Neptune: "Alright, girls, try and remember: hands above the waist."

Sun: "Ignore him, for he... Yeah, he's dumb."

Neptune simply gives a sparkling wink to the disgusted females as the holographic roulette shows up again, landing on a yellow image of sunny dunes and stone formations until the real thing emerges from below. A small circular light even appears overhead, causing most of the crowd to don sunglasses.

Nebula: "Alright! Home field advantage!"

Sun: "Don't get too cocky! That's my turf, too!"

Scarlet: "I hope I don't get sand in my shoes."

Neptune: (leaning over and whispering) "Be cool, man."

Dew: "Hey! The ocean!"

Neptune: "Huh?"

Neptune's eyes dilate as he looks behind him. He begins twitching.

Ruby: "Uh what's wrong with Neptune?"

(Y/n) and Blake face palm.

(Y/n): "Many things..."

Blake: "Oh no..."

Sun pushes his blue haired friend only for him to teeter side to side unmoving.

Blake: "Neptune's afraid of the water."

(Y/n): "I don't get it either...."
.
.
Oobleck: "3, 2, 1. BEGIN!"

Immediately as the fight kicks off, Neptune Oobleck dashes all the way to the desert and up the rocks.

Sage: "Neptune! What are you doing!?"

Neptune now standing at the highest point of the map looks down at his team

Neptune: "Oh you know, just gaining the higher ground!"

Sun: (Baffled) "On the enemy's side?!"

Neptune: "They would never expect it!"

The girls all turns to each other shrugging

Dew: "He's not wrong?"

Nebula: "Open fire!"

Team NDGO goes forward into their turf as Team SSSN follows them, Sage with his sword raised and Scarlet having ditched his coat. He comes upon Octavia Ember emerging out from a nearby arch and tries to slice her with his cutlass. She ducks under the swing and continues sliding away, past the middle of Dew and Sage getting ready to rumble. Sage hefts Pilgrim overhead with both hands and brings it down, only to get knocked back by Dew's spear. He glances up in time to see the blonde wave her weapon over the sand to create three small twisters that kick up dust in Sage's face. He looks around as they surround him, but doesn't realize the danger until they coalesce into one big tornado that picks him up off the ground. With his weapon torn out of his grip and screaming in panic, he's totally helpless as the winds throw him and his blade out of the arena.

Oobleck: "And NDGO gains the advantage!"

Octavia slides in front of Sun and Scarlet, who ready themselves to fight her just as she spins her sword around and produces a wave of flame that kicks up dust in their faces. Sun manages to jump out of the cloud just in time to call for help in fighting the redhead.

Sun: "Neptune!"

Seeing his leader fall back as Octavia attacks Scarlet again, Neptune leaps down from his position and cocks his gun. Octavia attempts to use another fire attack to blind Neptune, but he simply puts on his goggles and fires a bolt as his opponent, who blocks it with her blade right before seeing Sun leap out of nowhere to deliver a neck-snapping kick to her face. Now furious, a scowling Octavia tries to retaliate by bringing her blade down onto the Faunus. But the blow is countered by Sun's Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang in its staff form as he draws the weapon, then spins it all around his body while hitting several parts of hers. He ends it with a jab that knocks Octavia on her back in the sand.

Port: "Oh! And we're down to 3-on-3!"

Sun looks at Neptune fighting with Gwen Darcy as she circles him with her flying knives and Scarlet attempting to go weapon-to-weapon with Dew. She easily dodges a kick then calls upon another sandy cyclone to lift Scarlet up, and he revolves around the spiral until it launches him over the shipwreck. It seems like he's about to be eliminated at well, but he extends his arms and manages to dive onto a part of the mast. Noticing this, Nebula and Gwen rush to pursue him. Scarlet catches the beam and flips himself up almost losing his balance once the pole is under his feet. He eventually finds his balance right when Nebula closes in and launches an arrow with her crossbow at the mast, using it to jump right up to where Scarlet is. She folds up the sides of her weapon into a blade to cross swords with her opponent, the both of them trading blows while ducking and missing, then Scarlet is struck by Nebula's hilt and counters with a kick to the head. Nebula circles the mast and deflects another blow then slams her blade over Scarlet's and forces him to lean back on the post. Luckily, he manages to get his sword back out from the trap and feign a swing at Nebula's feet before knocking into her with his elbow, causing the NDGO leader to fall into the sand below.

From his position, Scarlet sees Gwen continue to throw her knives at Sun, and he smirks before whipping out his pistol and shooting the hilt guard as a grappling hook to get her by the ankle.

Scarlet: "Gotcha!"

He uses the cord to lift Gwen into the air while he slowly comes down to the ground, only to land directly beneath her as she attempts to protect her modesty while knives start raining down from her dress. Scarlet quickly adopts a pose that somehow allows him to miss every single blade that comes crashing down into the sand at his feet, which he gives a sigh of relief to. His luck doesn't hold when Dew leaps near Sun, causing the monkey Faunus to find his new improvised weapons in the form of two coconuts he knocks out the palm tree beside him, which he throws at his opponent only to get them knocked right back at him, now spontaneously catching fire as they travel. Sun narrowly avoids them both, but Scarlet gets one straight to the face, and the other lands in a place that makes him squeal in unimaginable pain while dropping his Aura levels into elimination.

Every man in the audience instinctively winces.

Sun: (sigh) "nuts..."

Sun is immediately put on the defensive as few summons a couple more twisters sending them right at him.

Sun: "Uh Neptune! Could use some help here, buddy!"

Neptune: "Uh, you know, uh, it would probably be better if you came over here! Yeah, I can guard this... sector! We're in lockdown mode!"

Sun: "What are you talking about? There's nothing to lock down!"

Neptune: "Lockdown! Right! You got it!"

Sun narrowly escapes Dew's attempt at impaling him

Sun: "Dude, I know you're afraid of water, but you gotta-"

He turns around in time to see a blue bolt of energy knock Dew back into the water.

Neptune: "There! I helped! Are you happy now! Also, I am not afraid of water, and I have no idea what you are talking about!"

The other two members of NDGO join up with their teammate in the water.

Sun gestures at them seeing the perfect opportunity

Sun: "NEPTUNE!!!!"

Neptune: "Okay! Fine! Just get out of the water."

Neptune jumps over to Sun, transforms his Tri-hard into its trident form, before slowly tip-toeing his way over to the water and slamming the electrified blades into the water effectively frying the poor girls.

The buzzer sounds as all 3 are eliminated.

Port: "And with that, Team SSSN moves on to the doubles round! (to Oobleck) You know what I call that victory?"

Oobleck: "Shocking?"

Port: "No, well earned. What you said is stupid."

Oobleck turns away, frowning.
.
.
(Y/n): "YAAAAAAH BOYS!!!!"

He stands up and cheers

Yang: "Looks like the dorks made it into the next round."

Sun and Neptune are dancing like fools down on the stadium floor. Sun winks at Blake which gets her to blush slightly.

Blake: "Emphasis on dork."

(Y/n) frowns at this but keeps cheering for his friends

Oobleck: "That concludes the matches for today. Please leave the Coliseum IN A CALM AND ORDERLY FASHION!"

All of team RWBY flinches at that. After spending a few days with the Doctor they've learned that his yelling is more dangerous then a pack of Beowolves.

Yang: "Come on let's go congratulate them."

They all stand to leave but Weiss stops staring at a ship in the sky.

Weiss: "She's here!"

Weiss runs off getting the attention of (y/n) and Ruby who chase after her. Ruby out of concern, (Y/n) out of curiosity. Nothing ever made Weiss run like that so it's gotta be good.
.
.
Time skip of chibi (y/n) and chibi Ruby naruto running after Weiss.
.
.
Ruby and (y/n) chase after Weiss all the way to the landing pad.

Ruby: "Weiss! What is the big deal?! Who is it!? Who is she!?"

(Y/n): "How the hell do you run so fast in heels!?"

Weiss stops and looks up at the landing pad.

Weiss: "Winter..."

Ruby: "Wait, your sister?"

(Y/n): "Oh... OH!!!"

Weiss: "Winter!"

Winter turns to the sound of the voice, she watches as her younger sister and a girl in a red hood run towards her while a boy with red hair calmly walks up to them.

Weiss: "Winter! I'm so happy to see you! Oh..."

She realizes who she's speaking to and curtsies out of respect her demeanor changing.

Weiss: "Your presence honors us."

Winter looks around a bit.

Winter: "Beacon... it's been a long time. The air feels, different."

Ruby: "I mean it is fall, so, eh, it's probably colder."

Weiss rolls her eyes and punches Ruby to get her to shut up.

Weiss: "So, what are you doing here?"

Winter: "Classified."

Weiss: "Oh, right. Well, how long are you staying?"

Winter: "Classified."

Weiss: "Of course."

Ruby just glances between the two

Ruby: "Well... this is nice... I think?"

Weiss: (excitedly) You're going to love it here! I know you travel a lot, but so much of Beacon is different from Atlas! Vale, too. The government and school are completely separate! Can you believe it!? I-"

Winter: "I'm more than familiar with how this kingdom handles its... bureaucracy. That is not why I came."

Weiss: "Right! I'm sorry!"

Winter: "Nor did I come here to watch my own blood fail so miserably in battle. But it appears that I have no choice in the matter."

Weiss: (puzzled) "But, we won!"

Winter: "Only a novice would refer to that as a victory. I counted at least three strikes missed."

She turns to her security bots

Winter: "Leave us."

The AK-200's obey and walk away slightly. Winter turns back to her sister.

Winter: "How have you been?"

Weiss: "Oh, splendid! Thank you for asking. I'm actually in the very top ranking of our sparring class! And the rest of my studies are going wonderfully, too! I'm-"

Winter slaps Weiss on the top of the head.

Winter: "Silence, you boob! I don't recall asking about your ranking, I'm asking how you've been. Are you eating properly? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you making new friends?"

Weiss: "Well, there's Ruby and (Y/n)"

Ruby: "heh boob."

Winter: "I see. So this is the leader you wrote of. How appropriately... underwhelming."

Ruby: "Uh... Thank you!"

Winter then turns to the male

Winter: "And you... we're going to have a discussion about your hair young man."

(Y/n): "Blame your sister! She did it!"

Weiss: "You two know each other?"

(Y/n): "Unfortunately..."

(Y/n) looks away with his hands behind his head.

Winter turns back to Ruby.

Winter: "Greetings, Ruby Rose. I wish to thank you for taking an interest in my sister."

Ruby: "Oh! Uh, yes, of course!"

attempts to salute and curtsy

Ruby: "The honor is in my... court!"

(Y/n): "Nice one."

Ruby: "Shut up I'm trying."

Winter: "At least she showed some respect unlike you."

(Y/n): "You're not my mom!"

The two glare at each other.

The two then smile a little

(Y/n): "It's good to see you again."

Winter: "You as well."

Winter: "I have business with the General and your Headmaster. But, seeing as I'm early, why don't you take me to your quarters?"

Weiss: "Really?"

Weiss and winter begin walking away followed by the Android guards.

Winter: "Yes. I wish to inspect them and make sure that they are up to my personal standards."

Weiss: "Of course. Just so you're aware, the bunk beds only look unstable."

Winter: "Bunk beds?"

Ruby waves goodbye.

Ruby: "I'll catch up- I mean, I will... reconvene with you both... at a later... Juncture!"

(Y/n): "Smooth."

Ruby: "How do you know her?"

(Y/n): "Qrow."

Ruby: "Ah."

Ruby and (y/n) turn to walk away.

Behind Winter and Weiss a robot is beheaded before being thrown at their feet.

(Y/n) stops and turns back around while Ruby keeps going.

???: "Hey!"

The two Schnees turn around to see the body of said robot being held by a very drunk Qrow.

Qrow: "Yeah. I'm talkin' to you, Ice Queen."

(Y/n): (face palming) "Oh god damnit. Of course he's here too..."

The other knights move forward with their guns raised.

Winter: "Halt!"

Weiss angrily walks up to the man.

Weiss: "Excuse me?! Do you have any idea who you are talking to?!"

Qrow puts a hand on Weiss's head pushing her away

Qrow: "Shshhhhshhh, not you."

Weiss: "Hey!"

Qrow turns to glare at Winter.

Qrow: "You. Saw that gaudy lookin' ship of yours in town. Guess you're here too."

Winter: "I'm standing right before you."

Qrow squints at her

Qrow: "So it would seem."

Winter: You realize you just destroyed Atlas Military property.

Qrow: (sarcastically apologizes as he looks at his surroundings) Oh, oh I'm sorry. See, I mistook this for some sort of... sentient garbage.

Winter: (walks over to face Qrow) "I don't have time for your immature games, Qrow."

Weiss: "Wait, you two know each other?"

Qrow: "Geez, you Atlas Specialists think you're so special, don't you?"

Winter: "It's in the title."

Qrow: "Well, you know what you really are? A bunch of sellouts. Just like your boss."

Winter: "I'm not sure what you think you're implying, but I've heard enough."

Qrow: "Oh I heard, too. I heard ol' Ironwood finally turned his back on Ozpin."

Weiss: "Ozpin?"

Winter: (shoves Weiss aside) "Weiss, it's time for you to go."

Weiss: "What-"

Qrow: "Listen to big sister, Weiss. She'll protect you. Just like Atlas is going to protect all of us, huh?"

Winter: "If you won't hold your tongue, then I will gladly remove it for you!"

A blade is drawn next to Winter before (Y/n) stands next to her Fatebringer drawn and ready.

(Y/n): "Hey dad long time no see, I don't get to fight in the tournament and I have a lot of pent up energy I've been wanting to use. Who better to use it on then a drunken asshole."

Qrow: "Ha! Nice hair idiot."

(Y/n) rushes Qrow who easily avoids the quick slashes. (Y/n) goes for a power swing but it's easily read and avoided, Qrow punches (Y/n) in the face knocking him back and on the ground.

Winter: "(Y/n)!"

Winter rushes in at blinding speeds before stabbing at Qrow to relatively similar results. Qrow ducks a horizontal slash with a mock bow. She goes for an over head swing but Qrow blocks it with Harbinger. He deploys it forcing winter to step back. He enters a mocking fencing stance. Winter enters her own fencing stance.

(Y/n) gets back to his feet and rubs his jaw.

(Y/n): "God why do all Schnee women move so fast in heels?!"

He goes to stand slightly behind Winter ready to support when need be.

Qrow starts off by knocking Winter's blade aside before going for quick spinning strikes at her head. Winter backflips away dodging, (Y/n) comes in to parry one before going for a rising diagonal slash, Qrow easily blocks before Maneuvering Harbinger to push Fatebringer away. Before he could get a hit in Winter comes in and starts attacking, both huntsman exchanging in a flurry of strikes and parries.

Ruby comes running over to Weiss.

Ruby: "What's going on?!"

Weiss: "(Y/n) is fighting some crazy guy with my sister!"

Ruby: "Oh no we have to- Thaaaat is my Uncle!!!"

Weiss: "What?!"

Ruby: "Kick their butt uncle Qrow!!!"

(Y/n): (To Ruby) "Hey!"

Winter: "Teach him respect Winter."

(Y/n) rushes in to apply more pressure to Qrow putting him on the defensive.

Qrow is impressed by (y/n), but not nearly enough to show it.

Qrow goes for a power swing which Winter leans back to avoid, (y/n) stops the swing in its tracks with a grunt of effort. Winter capitalizes and Pommel strike's Qrow in the head. He turns back with an evil smile on his face and a glint in his eye.

(Y/n): "Oh shit!"

Qrow raises his blade and swings it at the ground.

(Y/n) summons Yoru while Winter uses a glyph, both escaping just in time to witness the floor explode.

(Y/n): "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?"

Qrow just smirks as he guesses his other opponents' landing. He rushes over but is forced to slide to a stop by a black blade impaling the floor before his adoptive son appears and starts slashing at him.

Qrow is forced on the defensive by the surprise attack, but easily regains his footing and kicks (Y/n) into a light post that Winter just landed next to.

He rushes at the two with a horizontal slash.

(Y/n) ducks and rolls just in time, turning back he sees the lamp post was cut in half. Winter jumps and slashes at Qrow's head the attack easily blocked by the larger weapon. When she lands she's forced to jump to avoid a slash at her back. She lands on the flat of the blade before smirking and kicking Qrow in the face with a flip. She jumps back and lands on the destroyed stump of the lamp post and jumps away as Harbinger stabs itself where she once stood. Qrow watches Winter land on the railing of the balcony before firing a shotgun blast at her making her move. (Y/n) jumps in slashing at Qrow before entering a blade lock with the older man.

(Y/n): (smiling) "You're taking it easy for once, is it cause your lady friend is involved?"

Qrow: (smirking) "No, it's so you don't complain if I kill you on accident."

Qrow pushes (Y/n) back forcing the young boy to defend from a few quick strikes. (Y/n) parries a hard swing down and away before running fatebringer up the larger sword to slash at Qrow's head. Qrow leans back to avoid, letting the blade sail harmlessly over him. When (y/n) passes him Qrow simply turns a little, using the flat of Harbinger's blade to literally spank his problem child, knocking him to the ground face first.

The crowd around them laughs a little at this.

(Y/n): "I hate you."

Ruby explodes laughing from the audience.

Qrow: "Your fault, you left your guard down cause you thought you had me."

Qrow scans the area looking for Winter to see her running across the Archways. He leaps up landing on the, slightly shorter, adjacent archways firing shotgun rounds at her. After a few shots one of them lands creating a massive smoke cloud. Qrow is unconvinced that he killed her with that and stands guard.

He was right to be in guard, Winter charged forward dual wielding.

Qrow blocked, but is knocked back to the ground creating a massive crater on impact. Unfazed he and Winter enter another flurry of strikes moving quickly about the courtyard. (Y/n) comes running in and swings at Qrow who is once more knocked away, forced to use Harbinger as a brake by stabbing it into the ground. He stands quickly getting into a stance. Winter stabs one of her swords into the ground creating a summoning Glyph. She summons dozens of tiny birds sending them flying at Qrow. He responds by covering himself with his arms, slashing the birds that would do the most damage. Qrow sends a wave slash at Winter forcing her to break the summon to avoid.

(Y/n) steps up summoning Yoru into his left hand, holding Fatebringer in his right. Winter summons a Glyph behind her to speed up her next attack.

Seeing the two getting serious Qrow begins to transform Harbinger.

(Y/n) gets ready to yeet Yoru at his father, while Winter gets into a stance to charge.

Qrow stops and smirks before deactivating his weapon and putting it away.

(Y/n) also straightens, blinking a bit confused, he turns around and sees why.

(Y/n): "Oh shit, uh winter you need to sto-"

Too late as Winter dashes forward blade aimed to kill.

Just as she's about to stab Qrow in the throat she's stopped by the shout of

???: "SCHNEE!"

Winter lowers her weapon and turns standing at attention.

Winter: "General Ironwood! Sir!"

Ironwood: "What do you think you're doing?"

Winter: "He started the altercation sir!"

Qrow: "That's actually not true, he did."

They all turn to see (Y/n) slowly try to sneak back into the Audience.

Qrow: "It didn't help that she jumped in attacking too."

Ironwood: "Is that right?"

Winter tries to respond but only looks down sadly.

(Y/n) slowly sneaks back over to Weiss and Ruby.

Ironwood approaches Qrow speaking quietly while Ruby, Weiss, and now (Y/n) watch from the sidelines.

Ozpin: "Now now everyone. There is a sanctioned fight happening just around the corner at the Colosseum, that I can assure you has better seats... and popcorn."

Glynda: "Break it up, everyone! We will take care of this mess."

She glares at the participants. (Y/n) looks away whistling nervously.

Ironwood and Winter leave

(Y/n) goes up to Qrow.

Qrow: "Hey ki-OOF!"

(Y/n) punches Qrow in the stomach.

(Y/n): "Hey dad."

(Y/n) hugs Qrow who ruffles his hair with a smile on his face.

Qrow: "Seriously what did you do to your hair?"

(Y/n): "You can thank-"

He doesn't finish as he's knocked over by Ruby who jumps at Qrow shouting

Ruby: "UNCLE QROOOOOOOOOOOW!!!"

She latches onto his arm

Ruby: "Hi."

(Y/n): (muffled by the floor) "Her. Blame her."

Ruby: "It's so good to see you!!! Did you miss me? Did you miss me?!"

Qrow: "Nope."

He ruffles her hair smiling

Ozpin: "Qrow!"

Qrow lowers his arm causing Ruby to fall next to her cousin.

Ozpin: "A word please."

Glynda fixes the courtyard easily but looks less than pleased.

Ruby and (Y/n) stand back up to look at Qrow.

Qrow: "I think I'm in trouble."

Ruby: "You did kinda tear up our courtyard."

(Y/n): "Ha!"

Qrow: "Yah I did... catch you two later."

Weiss walks up to the two of them as Qrow walks away.

Weiss: "And suddenly both of your behavior makes sense."

Ruby: "You're just mad that he whooped butt"

Weiss: "That was a draw at best!"

Ozpin: "Oh and Mr. Sato? You will be having after school detention with Ms. Goodwitch for 2 weeks after the tournament. Is that understood?"

(Y/n) just slumps his shoulders in defeat.

(Y/n): "Yes sir..."

Qrow: (in the distance) "Ha!"
.
.
A/n: And father appears. Wooooo (y/n) acting childish is pretty fun to write honestly. Especially since he was super excited for the tournament only to be informed he was ineligible. Anyway I hope you enjoyed and as always take care and have a good one. Cheers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 30.2K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
462K 31.4K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
159K 17.3K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
71.5K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...