Komi Komi Literature Club!

By Alex13Creations

A small new Literature Club appears in Komi's school and catches her interest. In an effort to make more frie... More

Chapter 1: The School Festival
Chapter 2: The Invitation
Chapter 3: The Guest
Chapter 4: The Interruption
Chapter 5: The Kindred Spirit
Chapter 6: The Concern
Chapter 7: The Slump
Chapter 8: The Short Poem
Chapter 9: The Incident
Chapter 10: The Backstory
Chapter 12: The Full Club
Chapter 13: The Rainy Day
Chapter 14: The Friend Group
Chapter 15: The Circle
Chapter 16: The Group Chat
Chapter 17: The Cute Clothes
Chapter 18: The Silence
Chapter 19: The Walk Home
Chapter 20: The Guy Friend
Chapter 21: The Bad Dream
Chapter 22: The Garden
Chapter 23: The Arcade Date
Chapter 24: The Arcade (Part One)
Chapter 25: The Arcade (Part Two)
Chapter 26: The Cafe
Chapter 27: The Skate Rink
Chapter 28: The Black Cat Cupcakes
Chapter 29: The Guys' Sleepover
Chapter 30: The Delusion Dates
Chapter 31: The Winter Season Begins!
Chapter 32: The Cold Sets In
Chapter 33: The Chuunibyou
Chapter 34: The Snow Day
Chapter 35: The Altercation
Chapter 36: The Winter Poems
Chapter 37: The Exchange
Chapter 38: The Attention
Chapter 39: The Joys of Winter
You have unlocked a special poem! Would you like to read it?
Chapter 41: The Train Ride
Chapter 42: The First Day At Kyoto
Chapter 43: The First Night At Kyoto
Chapter 44: The Second Day At Kyoto (M/S)
Chapter 45: The Second Day At Kyoto (N/Y)
Chapter 46: The Second Night At Kyoto
Chapter 47: The Ride Home
Chapter 48: The Encouragement
Chapter 49: The Valentine
You have unlocked a special poem! Would you like to read it?
Chapter 51: The End of the First Year

Chapter 11: The Boy With Curly Hair

155 4 0
By Alex13Creations

"Hey there! My name's Alexander, but just call me Alex. That's what everyone calls me. Only my mom calls me Alexander, haha. Maybe you know me as MC, as in main character? Just a little hint hint there. Maybe this chapter should've been called 'The Self-Insert'? Anyways-!

"For the past few months, I've been going to this prestigious private school called Itan High. It's been really tough adjusting to this new country, new city, and new school – but all things considered, I think I'm doing alright.

"Now, I'd love to be able to say I come to school every day and just skate by handling my studies and keeping things relaxed – under the radar. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case. See, I moved here from America, and while I'm not a white guy, I'm not Asian either, so I stick out like a sore thumb regardless.

"That's not a big deal though. I've got some good friends, interesting classmates, not to mention an awesome girlfriend! So I could say things are looking up for me either way."

There was a rumor floating around Itan High: you know that first-year foreign exchange student? He's a harsh person with very few friends. He has an intimidating glare that he would shoot at you if you came too close or made eye contact with him.

No one really knew who he was or what he was about – that's why he sat by himself at lunch every day.

Every day when the lunch bell rang, while other students would eat with their friends or at their desk, Alex would take his lunch bag to the student commons area. He would sit at a table by himself facing outwards with his food in his hand and his earbuds on. As he ate, he would look down the hall or towards the floor or out the window.

"I like eating by myself. It's calm, relaxing; it allows me to think and focus. Sometimes it gets a little annoying, being the quiet and reserved type in a class full of loud or extroverted people. Of course, there's nothing wrong with being like that, but sometimes I just need a little time to recenter and recharge my patience meter."

Alex's internal narration was interrupted by the feeling of something hitting his foot, "Hmm?" He looked down and saw a backpack that he didn't recognize up against the side of his foot. Someone had slid it purposefully to hit him and get his attention.

"Hey!" A girl with brown hair came walking over. She picked up her backpack and moved it away slightly before sitting down in the seat next to his, "What's up?"

Alex's eyebrows raised a little in surprise. He swallowed his food and paused his music before removing his earbuds slowly, "Hey. Uh, what's up?" He asked, clearly confused.

"I noticed you've been sitting here all by yourself, so I thought I'd come by and say hello! My name's Onemine Nene." She introduced herself formally.

"I'm Alex."

"Nice to meet you, Alex! Where are you from?" She asked curiously, turning towards him and leaning one arm on the table. She crossed one leg over the other and tilted her head slightly as she talked to him.

"I, uh, moved her from America a couple months ago."

"Yeah? That's what I heard. That's really exciting! What's America like?!" She asked enthusiastically, resting her chin on her palm.

"Heheh, uh, not too different than here...just 13 hours behind." He joked.

"I've always wanted to go to America." Onemine said with a smile.

"It really depends on where you go. A big tourist spot like Florida or New York is where you wanna be if you want that 'magical American experience'." He advised, waving his hands in front of him.

"Heheh, maybe one day. So, why'd you move to Japan then? If you don't mind me asking." She asked curiously.

"Oh, uh, well...um..."

"Alex!" Sayori, who had left her classroom to grab a notebook that she had forgotten in her locker, saw him sitting in the commons area and hurried over to greet him. She plopped down into the seat on the other side of him and leaned over, resting her arms on his shoulder,

"What're you doing eating lunch out here?" She asked him.

"I always eat lunch out here." He answered.

"Eh? I didn't know that! Why didn't you tell me?! I would've come and sat with you!" She said.

"I know. That's why I didn't tell you." Alex joked and laughed out loud.

"Ehhh? Meanie!" Sayori pouted.

"Well, I see you two already know each other." Onemine commented and giggled.

"Yeah, we're next door neighbors, actually. Sayori, this is Onemine. Onemine, this is Sayori." Alex introduced them to each other.

"How do you do?" Sayori reached over and shook her hand with a smile.

"How do you do?" Onemine repeated with a chuckle, shaking her hand and smiling in return, "Nice to meet ya. I don't think I've ever seen you around here either." She mentioned.

"Really? I've seen you before! I think it's because our classes are on like opposite sides." Sayori said, pointing one finger to her left and the other to her right.

"Yeah that makes sense."

"Oh! Alex!" Sayori switched gears, "Are you coming to the club meeting today? You are, riiight? Aren't ya?" Sayori asked, poking and prodding at his arm. He scoffed and chuckled, pulling his arm away from her.

"Yeah, I'll come today. I still gotta meet that Komi girl you were telling me about." Alex commented.

"Oh, you're in the Literature Club with Komi!" Onemine realized.

"That's right! I'm actually the Vice-President of the Literature Club! Not to brag or anything." Sayori stated proudly with a smile.

"She was the first person to join," Alex said to Onemine. "But yeah. I haven't met Komi yet. Monika's been telling me about her. You know her?" He proceeded to ask her.

"We have the same classes," Onemine answered. "I'm surprised you haven't met her yet."

"Things just haven't lined up. But believe me, I've heard plenty about her." Alex commented with a chuckle.

"I'm sure. You know, it's funny, I totally had her misjudged before I got to know her. But she's actually really sweet." Onemine said with a smile.

"Oh my gosh! Komi is so cute! You're gonna love her!" Sayori said to Alex.

"It sounds like you love her, Sayori." Alex teased her.

It was actually ironic that the three of them were having a conversation about Komi, because, for some inexplicable reason, she just so happened to be passing by the commons area at that moment! Probably because she had to use the restroom. Yeah, that makes sense.

As Komi was returning to her classroom from the bathroom, she passed by the student commons area and saw Sayori and her friend Onemine talking with a boy that she didn't know. She paused for a moment and stared in their direction, unsure of whether or not she should go and say hello.

Sayori was continuing her conversation with Alex when he noticed her standing there. His head lifted up, and his eyebrows rose slightly as he made eye contact with her. Immediately, Komi got nervous and froze in place for a few moments, not knowing what to do.

Why was he looking at her like that?

"Huh? Oh hey, Komi! How's it going?" Onemine smiled and waved at her.

"Komi! Come on over here! There's someone I want you to meet!" Sayori said with a big smile.

Komi swallowed nervously, hesitant to make her way over. She started to, but then she quickly did a heel turn and hurried back towards her classroom. At the same time, the school bell rang, signaling that lunch time was about to end.

"Aw man! Well, guess we'll have to do introductions at the meeting. See you later, Alex!" Sayori said, getting up and waving to him before walking away.

"Oh alright. Sure. Later, Sayori. And nice meeting you, Onemine. Hope I'll see you around." He said to her with a smile.

"Yeah, you too," Onemine smiled back and nodded. "Heh, later." She said before returning back to class a few paces behind Komi.

Alex got up from his table. He wrapped his earbuds up and stuffed them in his pocket then grabbed his lunch bag and began walking towards his own class. He stepped out into the hall. He looked to his right and saw Sayori enter her classroom.

Then he looked to his left and saw Komi and Onemine at the door. Onemine said something to Komi before passing in front of her and going inside. However, Komi seemed to hesitate outside the door for a few moments.

Truthfully, she was taking a moment to stop and think because now she was regretting running off like she had. Neither Sayori nor Onemine would be the type to say something to her, but she couldn't help but feel like her actions had come off as extremely rude. That guy they were with probably thought so.

Komi's eyes drifted down the empty hall. She saw him standing some distance away, seemingly staring straight at her. She froze again, unsure of what to do. She watched as he stood up straight, stuck his hands in his pockets, and turned away from her to walk back to class.

Yeah, he definitely didn't like her...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 128 10
Y/N L/N, 18 years old, was always the lonely type of person. He doesn't have many friends, but his childhood friend, Sayori, decided that today was t...
4K 160 16
Yuri has been friends with Sayori and Natsuki for years, enjoying her life as a quiet and secluded student at the local High School. She enjoys readi...
48.4K 442 8
You're just a regular teenage school guy who gets picked on because of your obsession with anime.. You didn't really think nothing of it after a whil...
145K 1.5K 38
When you decide not to join a club you're forced to join your Friends Literature Club which is full of very cute but, moody girls.One in particular c...