Fixing the Future

By hollyb84

Alyssa Granger lost a lot during the war and so when her and Luna Lovegood are thrown back in time, it may ju... More

War is Raging
Aren't you dead?
Sorted!
Introductions
Wood
First Lesson
Patronus times three
Swimming
Boggarts
Liam
Blacks Back Together
Sorting Memories
Letter
Werewolf
Truth
1.1
1.2
1.3
A/N
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
A/N
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
A/N
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
Coffee
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
Detentions and gossip
4.4
4.5
4.6
4.7
4.8
4.9
5.0
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
5.6
5.7
5.8
5.9
6.0
6.1
6.2
6.3
6.4
6.5
6.6
6.7
6.9
7.0
7.1
7.2
7.3
7.4
7.5
7.6
7.7
7.8
7.9

6.8

2.7K 119 49
By hollyb84

Back at the arena, Harry and Alyssa appeared with Cedric's body. The crowd didn't understand what had taken place and they all cheered, triumphant music starting to play. Harry wept on Cedric's body, Alyssa frozen next to him, holding Cedric's hand in shock.

The all looked sad again, watching the crowd cheer.

Fleur stepped closer, noticing something was wrong and screaming.
People began noticing there were three people there, not two and that Harry was crying.

Dumbledore ran over,
'Harry! Harry!'

Dumbledore tried to pry Harry from Cedric's body.
'Tell me what happened!'

'Why's he being so agressive?' Marlene muttered glaring at Dumbledore.

'He's back, he's back! Voldemort's back. Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him, not there.'

Lily was wiping tears from her eyes.

'It's alright Harry. It's alright, he's home, you all are.'

Alyssa was crying too now, holding onto Harry and Cedric tightly.

Hermione had noticed her sister and was shoving through the crowd to get to her, yelling out her name.
'Ali! Ali! Alyssa!'
She reached the bottom in the stands, pushing past all the teachers who tried to stop her and past Dumbledore himself who tried to grab her. She threw her arms around Alyssa, hugging her tightly as she cried and then hugging Harry too.

'Keep everybody in their seats. A boy has just been killed. The body must be moved Dumbledore, there are...too many people.'

'And none of this would do happened if your ego wasn't so big and you just called off the tournament.' Lily said angrily, her eyes flashing with tears.

Amos was yelling,
'Let me through! That's my son! My boy!'
Amos broke down wailing. The crowd looked on distraught.

Alice was crying again along with a few of the others.

Moody grabbed Harry, pulling him away from the scene.

'Oh fuck.' Lily muttered in horror.

Mad-Eye Moody entered his office and closed the door behind him. Harry was in the room still sobbing. They sat.

'Get out of there now.' Sirius urged.

'Are you alright Potter?'
Harry nodded.
'Does it hurt?'
He gestured to Harry's cut arm.

'Not so much now.'
'I'd better take a look at it.'
Harry's arm was shown.

'The cup was a portkey. Someone had bewitched it.'
'What was it like? What was he like?'
'Who?'
'The dark lord. What was it like to stand in his presence?'

'Only his followers call him the dark lord- get out of there now.' Regulus said.

'I dunno. It was like I'd fallen into one of my dreams. One of my nightmares.'

Mad-Eye started shaking and struggling for air, he reached for his bottle but it was empty.

'What the hell?' Barty muttered.

He rushed to a chest with other bottles
and struggled to find one as they were all empty.

'Were there others? In the graveyard, were there others?'

'Um.' Harry tried to think before he froze, realisation on his face, 'I don't think I said anything about a graveyard Professor.'

'Oh fuck, run.' Lily groaned.
'Nice deduction though, real ravenclaw thinking.' Alyssa complimented although the hidden jibe was clear in her words causing Lily to shoot her a glare.

'Marvellous creatures dragons aren't they? Do you think that miserable oaf would have led you into the woods if I hadn't suggested it? Do you think Cedric Diggory would have told you to hold the egg under the water if I hadn't have told him first myself? Do you think Neville Longbottom the witless wonder could have provided you with gilliweed if I hadn't have given him the book that led you straight to it? Huh??'

'Shit shit shit shit shit.' Marlene swore.
'He's the one who did all of it, right from the start.' Remus muttered in shock.

'At least we silenced the mystery of why Cedric was putting the egg under water.' Regulus pointed out.

'It was you from the beginning. You put my name in the goblet of fire. You bewitched Krum. But...'

'You owe me 20 galleons Black- I told you Moody bewitched Krum.' Marlene smirked making Sirius groan and Lily look at them in utter disbelief.

Mad-Eye made sobbing noises making fun of Harry.
'You won because I made it so Potter. You ended up in that graveyard tonight because it was meant to be so. And now the deed is done. The blood that runs through these veins runs within the dark lord. Imagine how he will reward me when he learns that I have once and for all silenced the great Harry Potter.'

'Well this ain't good.' James muttered.

A flash of magic occurred and Mad-Eye was knocked into the wall.
Dumbledore and Severus came rushing in, followed by Alyssa.
Dumbledore took Mad-Eye by the neck.

'Thank god.' Alice sighed in relief as they all relaxed slightly.

'Severus...'
Severus administered some veritaserum. Mad-Eye wriggled demonically.
'Do you know who I am?'
'Albus Dumbledore.'
'Are you Alastor Moody? Are ya?'
'No.'

'Of course, the polyjuice that was being made.' Remus nodded.
'Then who is he really?' Lily asked.
'And where's the real Moody?' Evan added.

'Is he in this room? Is he in this room?'
He nodded.
'Harry get away from there!'

Dumbledore approached the chest. The chest opened, it contained a series of smaller chests. When the final chest was open there was a pit within holding a man- the real Alastor Moody.

'Ingenious really.' Regulus muttered.

'Are you alright Alastor?'
'I'm sorry Albus.'
'That's Moody, but then who's...?'

Dumbledore held up one of Mad-Eye's Bottles.
'Polyjuice potion.'
'Now we know who's been stealing it from your store Severus.'
Dumbledore looked into the pit.
'We'll get you up in a minute.'

Alastor Moody groaned.
The Mad-Eye Moody they had captive in
a chair began to twitch about restlessly making strange noises. He appeared to be transforming. He ripped off his fake eyepiece which fell on the floor, he transformed into Barty Crouch Junior.

'What in the-me?!' Barty said in shock.
'Of course! It all makes so much sense! That's why Crouch Sr died, he suspected it was you! You killed him!' Lily realised.
'I killed him? Shit.'
'Wait, does that mean the first person to escape from Azkaban was actually Barty, not Sirius.' Marlene asked with a grin.
'What?! No!' Sirius objected.

'Hah! The only thing you've ever won in your life and you didn't even do it first! Loser.' Marlene laughed.
'Go fuck yourself McKinnon, what have you achieved in life? Huh? Dying at 20?'
'Oh honey, I'd rather die than live how you did.' Marlene shot back.
'You're such a bitch.'
'At least I'm a hot bitch.'
'Actually go fuck yourself.'

'Barty Crouch Junior.'
'I'll show you mine if you show me yours.'
Barty Jr rolled up his sleeve to reveal a skull and snake marking- the dark mark.
'Your arm Harry.'
'You know what this means don't you? He's back. Lord Voldemort has returned.'

'Send an owl to Azkaban, think they'll find they're missing a prisoner.'
'I'll be welcomed back like a hero.'
'Perhaps. Personally I've never had much time for heroes.'

Barty glanced over at Alyssa,
'At least I didn't fuck up too bad- you're still alive after all. Fighting spirit. Your dad would be proud. Glad I didn't break my promise.'

'Well at least this makes more sense now.' Cissa pointed out, 'Barty and Remus both know the parents.'
'The dad is good friends with Barty.' Lily frowned, 'Barty, what friends do you have?'
'These two.' He gestured to Regulus and Evan, 'but also like there are a lot of deatheaters I could of become friends with so that doesn't really narrow it down.'
'True, there's no reason it should be one of us here.' Bella nodded.
'So we've gotten exactly nowhere. Great.' Luna groaned.
'Although we can most likely rule Evan out as we now know he's gay and dating Barty.' Andy pointed out.

'Miss Granger, with me.' Dumbledore said sharply, gesturing to the door.
'Can I just-'
'Now.'

'He doesn't seem to want you knowing your parents does he?' Regulus frowned,
'Think he knows who they are?' Peter asked.
'100%.' Alyssa nodded.

Barty Jr rolled his eyes as Alyssa glared.
'You don't have the right to hide her parents from her you old fool, do you want to know, Alyssa?' Barty jr asked.
'Leave her alone.' Dumbledore tried to interject but Alyssa nodded vigorously,
'Yes.'

'Are we finally gonna find out who they are?' Pandora said excitedly.

The memory cut to Dumbledore leaving the room dragging Alyssa behind him.

'What the fuck?' Marlene frowned in confusion, 'what just happened?'
'I don't-I don't remember that...I left because Dumbledore told me.' Alyssa frowned looking confused.
'Barty was about to tell you who your parents were.' James said, 'what happened?'
'He did.' Remus realised.
'What?'
'He told her and then Dumbledore obliviated her, that's why there was a hole in her memory. It wouldn't of been obvious at the time, but watching it back you can see it clearly.'
'He-he wiped my memory?' Alyssa asked in shock, 'that bastard.'
'He must of wiped Harry's memory too, or he would of just told her.' Severus pointed out with a frown.
'That manipulative dick.' Alyssa glared, 'how dare he mess with my mind without asking? I swear to god I'm gonna murder that man!'

'So we still don't know who your parents are?' Sirius said disappointed.
Alyssa frowned,
'Well, maybe.'
'What?'
'I took all of Dumbledore's memories from his office and there's all in my bag. And he took mine and Harry's memories there. Unless he destroyed them, which you be fair, is very possible, then it would of been in vial on his shelf, so it would be in my bag.'
'Holy shit! We have to look!' James exclaimed excitedly.

In the great hall, everyone sat in rows looking mournful, Dumbledore stood at the front.
'Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort.'

'Well if we're getting technical, it was me, but okay.' Peter pointed out.
'Pete, just because you can speak doesn't mean you always should.' James said lagging him on the back.

'The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end.'

In his dorm, Harry was sitting on a bed when Dumbledore walked in.
'I never liked these curtains. Set them on fire in my fourth year, by accident of course. I put you in terrible danger this year Harry I'm sorry.'

'He always does.' Lily glared.

'Professor, when I was in the graveyard there was a moment...um...when Voldemort's wand and mine sort of connected.'
'Priori Incantatem. You saw your parents that night didn't you? They reappeared.'

'What's that?' James' face scrunched up in confusion.

Harry nodded.
'No spell can reawaken the dead Harry I trust you know that. Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right what is easy. But remember this, you have friends here. You're not alone.'

'Say what you will about Dumbledore but that dude has a way with words, his quotes are inspirational and I don't even know what half of that shit means!' Marlene exclaimed.

The memory cut and Alyssa was sat in the courtyard with Theo when Dumbledore approached them.
'Mr Nott, could I speak to Miss Granger here for a second?'
He glanced at Alyssa who nodded and then left them alone.

'Oh dear, you're in trouble now.' Sirius smirked making Alyssa roll her eyes.

'Miss Granger, how are you after this whole fiasco?'
'You mean after Voldemort came back to life right in front of me and then tried to murder me and my best friend? I'm great.' She shot back sarcastically.

'Sarcasm really is your only defence mechanism.' Bella observed.
'I feel really called out now so shut up.' Alyssa sniffed.
'Was a stupid question in his part though.' Frank pointed out.

'I apologise, that probably wasn't an appropriate question.'
'No shit.'

'Language!' Lily reprimanded.
'Really?'
'You're in front of the headteacher, at least try not to swear.'
'Yeah yeah, whatever.'

'I do have a question for you, how was it you found yourself in that graveyard with Harry and young Mr Diggory?'
'I was trying to talk to Moody- or Barty Crouch I guess- and I overheard him talking to himself about Voldemort. He turned around, saw me and he must of realised I heard him so he uh portkeyed me to the graveyard.'
'He portkeyed you?'
'Yeah, he threw this metal thing at me and when I caught it, it was a portkey.'
'Metal thing?'
'Yeah.'
'Can I have it?'

'What does he want it for?' Marlene asked suspiciously.

'I uh...I think I must of dropped it, sorry.'

'Well that's a lie if ever I saw one.' Marlene shot her a disbelieving look.
'I don't know what you're talking about.' Alyssa shrugged.

'Why didn't you give it to him?' Alice asked.
Alyssa looked for a second as though she was about to deny it again but then she shrugged,
'Why should I? It wasn't his, Barty gave it to me.'
'Not voluntarily. He had to cause you overheard him and realised he was a deatheater.' Cissa argued.
'Really? And he just happened to have a portkey handy? It's not like he would of been going there, he needed to wait in the arena. So why did Barty have a portkey ready to throw at me?' Alyssa asked with a raised eyebrow.
Remus opened his mouth to respond but then closed it again, frowning in confusion.
'Exactly.' Alyssa continued at their silence, 'I had time to think about it after and it just doesn't add up. The only logical explanation is that he wanted me in that graveyard but I have no idea why. It makes no sense.'

They all pondered over this for a second.
'Maybe I was just gonna use the portkey myself.' Barty suggested, 'I could of wanted to see Voldemort get reborn myself.'
'Then you could of just taken me with you, besides, Voldemort wasn't expecting you there and it seems unlikely you'd disobey him and go anyway.' Alyssa reasoned.
'You never know.'
'I guess it's plausible, but it's still not logical.'

Dumbledore held her gaze for a second, before nodding,
'Not to worry. I'll let you get back to your uh, friend.'

'The pause before he said "friend".' Marlene laughed, 'even he knows you're more than friends.'
'Fuck off.' Alyssa glared.

'Thank you.'
Alyssa smiled and walked off, a frown settling on her face.

Alyssa walked up to her dorm, locking the door behind her and lying on her bed.
She reached into her pocket, pulling out the metal portkey. She lifted it up to her face to examine it closer. It was a metal disc with "Barty" inscribed on it and a squiggly line which made up a silhouette beneath his name. The top of the disc had a bump with a sharp edge as though it had been broken off a chain.

'What's that?' Sirius asked.
'Dude, you kept that?' Regulus exclaimed.
'I guess so, I got it now.' Barty replied, pulling a necklace out from under his shirt: a thick chain with the inscribed charm on it.
'Ay!' Evan exclaimed, revealing his charm tied with string around his neck, "Evan" inscribed on it.
Regulus lifted his wrist, rolling up his shirt sleeve to show his pendant tied around his wrist, the engraving saying "Reg".

That's too funny!' James burst out laughing, 'you guys have friendship charms? What are you? First year girls?'
'Go fuck yourself.' Regulus flipped him off, 'at least we didn't show our friendship by an unbreakable vow which got broken.'
'Ouch.'
'I can't believe you have friendship charms! Imagine if Voldemort knew his deatheaters had friendship charms. You're such pussies.' Sirius laughed.
'Shut up dickhead.' Barty glared in annoyance.

'Can't believe you broke yours.' Regulus muttered after a beat of silence.
'Well it represented our friendship and Evan's dead, you're MIA and I've apparently gone absolutely mental so I guess it reflects that pretty well.' Barty shrugged.
'...brutal.'

Alyssa ran her thumb over it before smiling slightly.

'Why do you look like an affectionate mother? Dude literally tried to kill you and Harry.' Marlene said judgily.
'I dunno, I mean despite his obvious flaws, he seemed genuinely sad about hurting me and he said he was friends with my dad.' Alyssa shrugged.
'His flaws? You mean everything about him?' James asked disbelievingly.
'Bro! I'm right here.' Barty threw up his hands in offence.

She opened the bedside table next to her bed, pulling out a box and taking off the lid. She pushed some of the paper to the side and put the engraved charm in before closing in and tucking it back onto the shelf and lying back onto her bed with a sigh.

'Aw you've put in in your box of treasured things!' Marlene teased.
'What else is in there?' James asked, intrigued.
'Bunch of shit.' Alyssa shrugged making Luna shoot her a knowing look.

Outside of Hogwarts, there was a large crowd gathered, the pupils were going home. Viktor Krum gave Hermione a kiss and handed her some paper.
'Write to me. Promise.'
'Bye.'

'Aw!' Alice smiled.

Ron was sitting alone. Fleur and her sister approached him, they both in turn gave him a kiss on the head.
'Au revoir Ron.'

'He's blushing so bad!' Sirius grinned.

The Beauxbatons girls left in uniform, the crowd applauding. The Durmstrang boys left too, shaking hands as they went.

'Do you think we'll ever just have a
quiet year at Hogwarts?'

'Unlikely.' James scoffed.

'No.'
'Are you joking?'
'No I don't think so.'
'Everything's going to change now isn't it?'
'Yes.'

'Promise you'll write this summer. Both of you.'
'Well I won't. You know I won't!'
'Harry will won't you?'
'Yeah. Every week.' He said, glancing at Ron. Alyssa put her arm around her sister,
'I'll write everyday without fail, Mia'
'Aren't you sweet.' Hermione rolled her eyes.

Lily smiled fondly.

They looked over the balcony, the flying horses pulling a carriage headed off into the distance. The Bulgarians' ship went underwater.

'Fourth year over! They only get darker and more traumatic from here!' Alyssa exclaimed.
'Lovely.' Xeno muttered sarcastically.
'Cause this year wasn't bad enough.' Lily sighed.

———-———-———-———-———-———————

A/N- finally finished fourth year! Half way there.

It's actually so weird writing this because as I type out the scripts, I see all the lines and I fell like I glossed over so many of them watching the films but I actually have to process them now.

Also I think I might make them discover Lyss' parents next chapter from Dumbledore's memories he took from her, or maybe I'll leave it right to the end of them watching the films, I've yet to decide.

Anyway, hope you're enjoying reading this and apologies for my horrific spag, clearly 12 years of English taught me absolutely nothing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269 38 19
This is a fanfic of the marauders time at hogwarts, it follows remus prospective and what he feels and thinks as he faces the angst of the years Ple...
1.2K 39 30
She was perfect. She was everything they ever wanted out of a daughter. Perfectly groomed, well mannered, amazing grades, even quidditch captain. She...
1.5K 103 20
'But I'll miss you most of all, my darling, when autumn leaves start to fall.' In which two girls decide that they do not, in fact hate each other. l...
119K 2.8K 30
She's a third year griffindor and best friends with lily Evans. But one night changes everything, As she disappeared in to the darkness, no one kn...