The Bad Batch: A Heart-breaki...

By betheyes

One of the batchers has been acting strange according to Omega but the brothers don't acknowledge it. So Omeg... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Final Chapter

Chapter 8

71 2 1
By betheyes

Continued Memories -The rest of Chapter 7’s story

7 years later…

Hunter sat on the porch of the house he and Wrecker had built. It was a special day, they had just got word that the war was over and a warning that their marksman had taken the shot, ending the war. The warning had come directly from Commander Cody who was heading their way with Rex, Fives and Crosshair. 

Tech was overjoyed, his twin was coming back. He and Echo had been married for four years and Echo had never seen Tech smile so much in the past hour. Little Omega was confused as her uncles ran around like crazy, preparing for what she thought was a party. After learning her uncles preferred nicknames rather than their real names, she asked her Uncle Wrecker to give her one and ever since she was known as Omega rather than Megan. For years she was reminded she had another parent out in the universe and it was her father’s partner but her other parent was keeping them all safe so she had never met them. Omega had this vague fuzzy memory of a silver haired man looking down at her with tears in his chocolate eyes. She couldn’t put a finger on it but she recognised him from somewhere. But, everytime she thought about him, he would vanish from her thoughts.

A rumble of an engine made the batch who were waiting on the porch look up to see what looked like a motorbike heading their way followed by a police cruiser, the two doing the actual speed limit. Tech was basically bouncing on his toes sending utter confusion through Omega who looked at her Uncle funny, the engineer just smiled back at her as the police cruiser parked on the driveway while the bike parked beside Hunter’s truck. 

“Father, what’s going on?” Omega asked looking at Hunter who just ruffled her hair and got up to greet Rex and Cody. While Echo watched Fives bounce over to the rider on the motorcycle who hadn’t moved one bit, Echo could tell his twin was being his usual annoying self from the playful shove he got from the rider. Tech smirked to himself, he couldn’t help the funny feeling he had as the helmet came off the rider's head revealing none other than his twin. 

“CROSSHAIR!” Tech couldn’t help it, he ran for his twin who looked ready to get back on his bike but Tech didn’t give him any chance as he wrapped his baby brother in his arms. The marksman smirked into Tech’s shoulder and hugged back tightly. Echo watched with a smile, he was happy the twins were reunited but he remained beside the confused Omega who watched with an eyebrow raised. It made Echo double-take as he knew a certain marksman who made that facial expression on a daily basis when they were back in the army. 

The marksman expected something totally different like thrown out the door but turned out Fives was right for once not that Crosshair would ever tell him that. He would never live it down if the police officer knew. 

“We have come to an agreement, Crosshair is going to continue working for me for an odd job or two for the next five years and then he is cleared to do as he likes” Cody explained to Hunter and Echo knowing they would pass the information onto the others. Omega shyly hid behind Echo when Cody and Rex came over with the now smirking Fives. 

Tech smiled, dragging his brother over to Wrecker who welcomed the marksman the only way he could, which was a giant bear-hug that Crosshair was too slow to dodge. Thankfully Echo rescued him, “It’s good to have you back safe” Crosshair nodded, hugging the older man. “Good to be back” Crosshair admitted coughing into his arm to clear his throat which gained him looks. “We have just travelled through the desert, trust me. This kid still has sand in his throat, I’m pretty sure he was born that way” Fives jokes earning him a glare of a lifetime, holding his hands up Fives hid behind an amused Rex. The two had been dating for two years now. 

“Well you're certainly not 19 anymore. Crosshair. Look at you, I see you have been working out with them abs” Wrecker happily said earning himself a playful nudge from Crosshair who continued to smile as Wrecker tried to get him in a headlock but the two were interrupted before they could get any further. “Uncle Wrecker, who’s this?” Omega asked, coming to stand beside her uncles and Crosshair who was frozen looking at the blond girl in front of him. 

“Urgh…this…he…em…” Wrecker struggled for words that only made Omega more curious. Crosshair sighed kneeling down in front of the child, “Ignore the big lug, I’m Crosshair…Tech’s twin brother” Crosshair said with a sigh. Omega searched his face like she was looking for something, she frowned when she couldn’t find it but that didn’t stop her as she noticed a necklace that looked identical to hers. She didn’t mention it as she introduced herself, “Hi, I’m Omega, Hunter’s daughter”, her smile made him smile. Once she was satisfied she walked over to Fives and high fived him. Crosshair gulped suddenly feeling an emotion he wished he hadn’t, regret. Coming to a stand he ignored the looks from Tech, Wrecker and Echo as he instead walked over to his bike and grabbed his overnight back full of his military stuff. He opened it pulling out envelopes, he passed them to Echo, Tech, Wrecker and one was for Hunter which Wrecker passed over. Omega became curious and walked over to Crosshair with wide eyes as he pulled out a teddy bear that was coloured black and red. She instantly became attached to it, he only gave it to her. If she promised to look after it since it was originally his, he would fix the teddy when he was bored. She nicknamed her ‘Lula’. Wrecker couldn’t believe his eyes that Crosshair had kept the teddy that he had given the marksman back in army camp when Crosshair was about the age of 10. 

Each of them opened their envelopes to find letters, a few presents and some money. Crosshair refused to look their way when they gave him glares for the money but Crosshair owed them for the ‘holidays’ he had missed including the seven christmas’. Tech couldn’t believe how Crosshair managed to give them all £700 each, a hundred for each year missed. The marksman just leaned against his motorbike ignoring the stares as he looked towards the blue sky above him, oh how he missed freedom. He had just spent a year in the enemy's captivity but he had learned secrets like no other and then he had ended the war by killing one person or so he thought. At the minute he didn’t really care, all he cared about was his family. 

Footsteps in front of him gave him the direction to look up, as soon as he did. His chocolate eyes met silver polished ones, Crosshair couldn’t even get a word in as Hunter pulled him deeply in for a kiss of a lifetime. The marksman relaxed into his ex-sargeants arms as he wrapped his arms around Hunter’s neck and the said man wrapped his own around Crosshairs waist. As the two kissed, Hunter won the battle to explore and he made sure he explored Crosshairs mouth as he pressed him deeper so there was an evident lack of oxygen. Crosshair prayed this wasn’t a dream as black spots appeared in his vision. Thankfully before the darkness took over, Hunter pulled away and smiled at him enjoying Crosshairs swollen lips a little too much. Cheers behind them brought rare smiles to their faces. Hunter pressed him closer to his chest, the two longing to feel one another after so much time apart but they would have to wait as Wrecker called out! 

“Time to Celebrate!” 

Hunter smiled as he watched Wrecker lead the rest of them into the house. He turned to his distant lover, 

“I thought you would have moved on” 

“I couldn’t Cross, it didn’t feel right” 

“I’m glad, I didn’t think I would survive. Your the reason I kept fighting, you and our family” 

“It’s great that you thought of me the whole time” 

“Hunter?!” 

“Chill Cross, I’m just teasing. Just you wait until later” 

“Hunter!” 

“Haha, come on love, let's not keep them waiting. We will talk later” 

“Uh-huh. Hunter” 

“Yes” 

“I love you” 

“I know” 

“Hunter, you are impossible” 

“Thank god I’m something then” 

“Hunter?!” 

“Okay, I will stop. I love you too. That good enough” 

“...”

“Cross, I did miss you” 

“I know” 

Crosshair smugly said as he swayed his hips while he walked towards the house, Hunter smirked as he walked quicker to catch up. Before they entered he hooked an arm around Crosshairs waist and kissed him deeply catching him off-guard before he let go with a laugh and entered their home. The marksman picked his bag up and entered what would be a journey itself. 

It was a little weird for Crosshair to adjust to what was called normal life but he found himself bonding with the rest of the bad batch with ease however, he just couldn’t find a connection with Omega. The others begged him to tell Omega the truth but it just got harder and harder to do with the jobs he was doing for Cody, it became too dangerous. Yes, he was a little jealous of Hunter and Omega’s relationship but he couldn’t find it in himself to break to bridge with news instead Crosshair just focussed on protecting his family. Because in all honesty who wanted a parent who was in constant danger, in and out of jail cells and could cause potential life changes to a young child’s happy daily life. 

Instead, Crosshair opted to watch his daughter grow up from a far, he got regular updates from his family when he was away but somethings just had to be the way they were. He made a promise to Tech, that he would complete his last job and look for a regular job but that would have to wait until his ‘watching’ time was over. He had five more years until he was free to do as he liked and he couldn’t wait. 

A small part of him wished he could find the courage to tell his daughter he loved her. He would rather hurt himself than the ones he loved and that included, Omega. Although she didn’t know him, she gladly accepted his gifts and drew pictures for him. Totally unaware that Crosshair kept every single one.

:-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 672 40
"They call themselves, The Bad Batch" Genesis the first female clone is a defective clone with enhanced abilities, just like her brothers, Hunter, Cr...
164K 5.1K 64
Order 66 has been initiated...And yet, the Bad Batch, besides Crosshair, are excluded from the ruthless act. When they return to Kamino, they learn t...
3.6K 80 11
๐ŸŒฅ - Fluff ๐Ÿ˜š - Standard stuff ๐Ÿ“ - Sexually suggestive (16+) ๐Ÿ‹ - Sexual sex (18+) โ›ˆ - Angst (please have caution) DM or comment your requests and I...
5.4K 146 28
*I do not own any Star Wars characters or the Star Wars storyline, I own my stories and I used a collage app for the cover* The book we've all been w...