VegasPete : Chess Room (The W...

By Alanaavatar

This fanfic is a sequel to the fanfic The Way You Taste. Vegas and Pete must enter a secret meeting called 'C... More

1 - Déjà vu
2 - Swarm of bees
3 - Unexpected
4 - At last...or almost
5 - Heavenly Devilish Blend [NC18+]
6 - Surprise Box
7 - Room 1004 [NC18+]
8 - White King
9 - Save your ass
10 - Seeding doubt
11 - Hide and seek [NC18+]
12 - Watermark
13 - Phong
14 - An unexpected visit
15 - Old Love
17 - Before the storm [NC 18+]
18 - From ashes, from broken pieces.
19 - My boyfriend
20 - Pernicious doubt - part 1
21 - Pernicious doubt - part 2
22 - Pernicious doubt - part 3
23 - Truths among lies
24 - Salty tears [NC18+]
25 - One step ahead
26 - Dead end
27 - Three moves
28 - Two brothers, one goal
29 - Family orders
30 - KARMA
31 - Taipei
32 - Tiny drop
33 - Andy's Night Club
34 - New piece of the puzzle
35 - Take a shower
36 - Profaning the holy [NC 18+]
37 - Take a move
38 - Stupid girl
39 - Wednesday
40 - Smart moves
41 - Holy love
42 - Special Room [NC18+]
43 - Dangerous [NC18+]
44 - Breeding you [NC18+]
45 - Cramp [NC 18+]
46 - White Bishop
47 - Why?
48 - The Chess Room
49 - The Queen Position
50 - The Auction
51 - High Bids
52 - Irreversible withdrawal
53 - The Devil inside
54 - Remember me [NC 18+]
55 - Betrayal
56 - Chumphon Island
57 - You brought death
58 - Louder than bombs
59 - Fenghuang (The Phoenix)
60 - The White Clan
Warning: ArmMacau side story
61 - Declaring war
62 - I bring the pain like...
63 - Burning desire [NC18+]
64 - Once you're mine, there's no going back [NC18+]
65 - Old belt and wild sex [NC18+]
66 - Cheating [NC18+]
67 - The necklace [NC18+]
68 - For the one I love - part 1
69 - For the one I love - part 2
70 - For the one I love - final part
71 - Protect your children
72 - Black Dragon - White Phoenix [The End]
Side Story - Chapter 1 - Afternoon Tea
Side Story - Chapter 2 - Pete
Side Story - Chapter 3 - My best friend
Side Story - Chapter 4 - Let's go out on a date
Side Story Chapter 5 - On a date
Side Story - Chapter 6 - Temptation
Side Story - Chapter 7 - Jealousy
Side Story - Chapter 8 - Morning Sex
Author's Note
Side Story - Chapter 9 - Red Queen Revealed [The End]
Biu's Infinity series!!

16 - A price tag

3.6K 205 196
By Alanaavatar

Pete's POV

"Should I be scared?"

"Maybe...you have an assassination order on you."

Jade watches me closely with a defiant smile on his delicate face.

"Are you the one who's going to execute it?"

The point of the spear presses against my skin, making a trickle of blood flow. It stains the collar of my shirt.

"You're very calm for someone who is facing death."

"And you seem particularly pleased to bring death upon me."

"Is it even necessary an assassination order?!"

"Hmm...you tell me"

I quickly grip the spear tightly with my right hand, craning my neck to the side. The movement makes a shallow cut in my neck.

With a kick to the center of the spear, it breaks.

We both draw our guns and aim at each other.

I continue to watch him closely. Jade maintains his cunning smile.

"Just kidding... I'm not the type to get my hands dirty. I don't have your order." Jade redraws his gun.

"Who are you?" I keep pointing my gun at his head. He doesn't show any fear.

"Zhou Yu Ming, 'the Jade Queen'". He makes the movement of the quotes with his fingers. "I inherited my mother's position in the chess room. I've came to Thailand specially to meet you, white Knight."

"Why is everyone suddenly using chess pieces name? Just call me Pete, P-E-T-E, Pete. Should I know you?!

"You seem annoyed...haha"

"It's almost time for Venice's baby food. You better start talking."

"Don't be so moody! I just wanted to know why Lian doesn't want to fuck me anymore, that's all."

"Uh? Who the fuck is Lian? And what do I have to do with you guys fucking or not, kid?! Is this a joke?"

"Of course you know Lian. The tall, handsome guy...to die for...?!"

"Never met. I'm husband is short."

"Hmn...Vegas...that naughty boy...he's not small though"

"You two already..."

Shut up, Pete! Why do you mind asking?!

"Can you keep this secret?! Kim would be mad at me."

He winks at me.

"Consider it forgotten. I only withhold important information. Vegas past lovers don't concern me."

"Your husband is delicious! And about Lian?!Who do you like better? I can't choose...maybe we four could have some fun together..."

"Not gonna happen."

"Tell me! Who do you enjoy more?! Don't be shy...Vegas or Lian?! I won't tell anyone. We are besties now."

"I don't know any Lian! And I would never do any of it!"

"You're not fun! Among so many options, Vegas chose a nun. Curious."

"Yeah, Yeah, among all whore options, he's chosen boring me. Again, who is Lian?

"You really don't know him, huh?!...Lian, the white King. I heard Lian came to Thailand three months ago specially to save your ass. You must be someone special for him." Jade's smile fainted.

"As I said, I don't know your boyfriend. Who issued the order to kill me?"

"I don't know. But I know a couple of things. Little Pete was purchased 20 years ago...Lian family had the right to buy you. Sanya family had the obligation to hand you over."

"Am I a thing?"

"In our world?!...everybody is, darling. And now you have a price tag on your head. A very high one. That's all I know. Considering how easy it was to find you...I would hide myself better If I were you.

"And why are you here again...?!"

"To find out why Lian wants you so badly."

"...any clues?!"

"Nothing. That's odd."

"Why?"

"Your life story has nothing beyond the ordinary."

"I am an ordinary person."

"I could not agree more."

It doesn't seem flattering at all.

"Since you don't know anything helpful, how about telling me where I can find this Lian guy?! Surname...his address precisely...not that chess room meeting bullshit. I shall ask him myself why he generously saved my ass."

"Lian Wang...Taiwan...you can google him." He laughs. "He's pretty famous. However..."

"Keep talking...Venice is hungry..." My index finger makes some pression on the trigger.

"I don't think you'll have time to get to him by yourself."

Jade pulls a greenish chess piece out of his pocket and throws it at me, making me take one hand off my gun.

"You guys don't like to use a phone? I can't use the chess room... I need to pass an inheritance check first...so Sanya said."

"Oh, don't worry about that. You have fully access to the chess room. I checked it myself."

"How?"

"I'm a chess room controller. How I would know all those information."

"You don't seem really suitable to the task. I was waiting for some wise old people... with some ethics to keep secrets."

"In love and in war, anything goes. My family created this whole shit, anyway. We are ancient, what can I say?! I am required to be one. As I said everything about you is odd. You are an ordinary person from an ordinary family...no relevant background. But you have a chess piece registered directly in your name. As all names are unique in Thailand...there are no homonyms...so you are the one and only white knight in the Asian mafia chess room.

"Am I your boyfriend's relative?"

"Stop calling Lian my boyfriend. He's not my boyfriend. And no. I could not find lineage connection between you. Maybe you are just a slave." He smiled evilly. "You were purchased as a kid, remember?!"

"..."

I can't deny this possibility.

"Maybe we could ask your grandparents..."

"Don't you dare getting close to them."

"Chill, man! I don't like talking to old people. I'm not that curious about you, anyway."

Yeah, right. You flew all the way here from China for what?

"Are you going to tell your "not boyfriend" about this conversation?"

"Of course not. I don't want him to be full of himself. I gotta go. See you around, Pete! If you ever go to Hong Kong, don't forget to call me for a chess game."

Jade says goodbye to me like a polite boy from a good family. I keep my gun exactly where it is, following his movements.

He turns back his neck slightly towards me.

"Hey, Pete...I don't know why, but chains seem to suit you. It's your cute face, I guess. It's somehow...appealing." He smiles and leaves.

It's always the freak ones around me.

...

Lian's POV

I walk around my room looking for my lighter. I go onto the balcony to light a cigarette.

I touch my lips calling for a memory and think about who I really wish was in my bed right now.

If I hadn't been kept in the dark for so long...

I take my phone and I look to a particular screenshot:

[chess opponent: "If you kill the knight... the bishop will be vulnerable... and the queen unsupported."

chess opponent: Kill the Knight. I can help with the rest.

Khun Sanya: What's the knight's name?

chess opponent: Pete Phongsakorn Saengtham]

The moment I saw that dialogue everything changed for me.

I see a notification from the chess room on my screen phone: a video call request from the purple king.

I go to my office and access my computer.

"Khun Sanya...Are you alive? I heard you were between life and death in some hospital."

"I told you Vegas wouldn't give me a break. That motherfucker shot me that same morning you texted to Pete in the chess room. If it wasn't for good Samaritan Pete, I would be dead."

"...Pete saved you?!"

Some habits are hard to change, I guess...

"He gave me a special bulletproof vest according to the type of weaponry Vegas uses. And an umbrella."

"An umbrella?"

"Yes...that angry boy aimed me in the head. Because of the umbrella, I blocked his vision and Vegas missed the shot."

"Haha...saved by an umbrella...interesting..."

"I'm glad I'm amusing you..." Sanya smiles at me.

"You're fine!"

"Actually, I was shot several times in my chest when I unconsciously turned. He was aiming my heart, I guess."

"Well, better broken ribs then a spine injury if you hadn't turned."

"Such an optimistic."

"So...you're hiding yourself...are you not coming to the chess room meeting next month?"

"It all depends on my well-being. are you going to kill Vegas soon?"

"Haha...hard to tell...and about Pete? Is he coming?"

"I've done what you asked. Everything I could collect about Vegas activities and Minor Family business was given to Pete. I know he's been talking to assistant Lee for help. But nothing else."

"Pete is smart and patient ... he knows he needs you alive for now..."

"I thought he would be shocked when I told him that someone from the Theerapanyakul family had negotiated the assassination order against him, but he didn't show much reaction."

"...a glimpse of empty eyes only?!..."

"Yes, yes...How do you know?!...Mhmm... something about him...I relate to...is he like me?"

"No, he's not like you...he's not like Vegas...he's something else."

"Haha...so do you think you know him that well?!Better than his obsessive husband?!"

"I don't. I know I do."

"What makes you so sure..."

"I've seen it before...his duality..."

"It sounds interesting..."

"Interesting is the fact that whoever always awakens this in him...It's always someone he loves."

"Do you mind explaining this further? Quite enigmatic."

"None of your business, my fellow purple king."

"Poor Pete...love sucks, apparently." Sanya smirks.

"It does."

"Thank God I will never know what it is"

"Lucky you."

"So...who do you think negotiated the assassination order? If that watermark is not fake, Main or Minor family? And why?"

"The reason, I still don't know. But about which family...It was Minor family."

"Well, well...Is Pete sleeping with the enemy then?

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

678K 35.8K 90
*Not edited* I snuggled into the pillow before I felt his arm wrap around me, pulling me closer. My head now in his chest as he pulled my leg over hi...
70.4K 2.9K 14
( discontinued for now ) she shown support and care, but what happens if she adds love into the image? dohwa baek x f. reader 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈�...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
My Crush By Alana

Fanfiction

129K 6.2K 46
Actors from the novel KinnPorsche The series who play the roles of Vegas and Pete, respectively. In my opinion, Vegas and Pete are the most interesti...