It's always been you

By l0vemercury

♡♡♡ Natasha smith was always known as the 'quiet girl', she has a tight circle of childhood friends, and spen... More

2024 UPDATE
00♡intro
01♡collage
02♡jolly ranchers
03♡friend?
04♡skating
05♡birthdays
06♡saviour
07♡the call
08♡funeral
09♡more books!
10♡bad day
11♡halloween
12♡new style
13♡sick
15♡arguments
16♡misunderstood
17♡peaceful
18♡date
19♡get away
20♡friendly advise
21♡cookies
22♡roadtrip
23♡Christmas

14♡uh oh

2.5K 41 18
By l0vemercury

"You don't understand and I can't explain."

🤍Nat🤍

It's been a few days since I was sick but I'm now up and running. I'm also trying to get back on track with school work but that's easier said than done when you can't find the one person who's in your math class.

Noah I swear to god where are you!?

He better be in class today because if he's not I'm going to send Cole to beat his booty. I walk into my class while trying to open my lollipop. I only look up to make sure I don't run into anyone but then I see him.

"NATASHA!" Noah shrieks and waves his hand in the air like a child trying to get their parents attention.

"I've been looking for you, I need the notes I missed please!" I practically beg him as I sit down in my seat.

"There's too much to give you right now but we can meet later at the cafe and swap notes there?" He suggests and I think it's the first time I've heard something smart come out of his mouth.

"Sounds good, my last class finishes at 2 so I'll meet you at 2:10?"

"Yes ma'am now please tell me you have another one of them." He points to the candy I have in my mouth.

I simply roll my eyes and grab another from my jeans pocket and give it to him. He giggles once again like a child and rapidly opens it.

"So where have you been for the past two days?"

"I was sick unfortunately, I tried coming in yesterday but Abby and the guys had my own lockdown." I roll my eyes and start to unpack my stuff, I can hear Noah laughing next to me.

"Aww poor thing, don't worry I'll kidnap you from then for this afternoon."

"One I don't need kidnapping and two be quiet I need to listen to this before I fall even further behind." Noah snorts at me and gives me an odd look.

"Nat I don't think you could ever fall behind honestly."

I'm just that smart.

The rest of the class is spent reasonably quiet between us, occasionally Noah would ask a question and I'd help.

Noah also brought Oreo's today and when he was trying to open the packet it made so much noise I sank so far down in my seat so no one would see me.

I almost died from embarrassment and almost killed Noah for doing it. He looked at me with a sorry look then offered me half the pack as a sorry.

We also ended up playing random games on his laptop when we had finished our work but the volume was all the way up when we opened it.

I've never seen someone panic to turn the volume down so fast in my life.

Our proffer just looked at us before bursting out laughing at Noah's bright red face. Me and the rest of the class joined in too.

"I'll see you at 2:10 ok?" I say to Noah as we're exiting the class, I see Ezra leaning against the wall opposite me as well.

And he's glaring at Noah like normal.

"Yes ma'am now I better run before your boy over there kills me." He gives me a quick hug before speed walking away.

"He's not my boy." I mumbled before walking to Ezra.

"Hi!" I skip over to him a smile present on my face.

"Hi sweetheart." He offers me his arm which I take without hesitation.

"Oh my god I'm never missing another day of school in my life. I have so much work to catch up on." I ramble on about all the work I've missed and everything and Ezra just listens as we walk to our next class.

This is normally how it goes with us two, I talk a lot and he just listens. It's nice to have someone who listens to my rambles and just let me go off onto multiple topics.

"You'll catch up Nat, you always do." He reassures me as we take our seats in our English class.

Thankfully I'm not behind in this class since Ezra gave me the notes yesterday, Abby also gave me her psychology notes as well. Noah just decided to be difficult I guess.

I want coffee.

♡♡♡

Noah🕺🏻: I've got a table and ordered us drinks and doughnuts because I'm amazing
Noah🕺🏻: and hungry but that's beside the point
Me: I'm 2 minutes away

I shove my phone back into my pocket as I approach the cafe, I can see Noah sitting at a table through the window. As I enter the cafe I'm instantly hit with the smell of hot chocolate and coffee, I think I've found my heaven.

"Took your time." Noah rolls his eyes but gives me an amused smirk on his face.

"It's 2:11 you buttface, now be quiet and give me your notes." I give him a sweet smile as I sit down.

"Yeah yeah straight down to business. Oh, here is a hot chocolate and doughnut for the lady."

"Oh my god thank you! I've been craving doughnuts for like a week." I take one massive bite out of it and I nearly moan in delight.

"Me and you both babe, I think it's because it's getting colder you know? Like all I want is hot chocolate and doughnuts then snuggle up in bed." He looks like he's daydreaming about that, I have to poke his head to bring him back to reality.

"I'm most likely going to do that when I get home honestly." I look down at his notes from the other day and start to copy them down. Thankfully there isn't to much.

"I have a question." Noah asks, I look up at him and see a worried expression on his face.

"Hopefully I have an answer for you."

"Is Cole into guys by any chance. Is he also single?" His cheeks turn a light shade of pink as he mentions my best friends name.

"Yes and yes. Why do you ask- WAIT!!" My eyes widen at the realisation.

This is the best thing that's happened today.

"I want to ask him out but I didn't know if he was. I mean he gives off that 'vibe' but I had to make sure."

"Oh my god go for it please! I knew he had a thing for you, just like you do, he always blushes when he talks about you." I wiggle my eyebrows at him and his cheeks get redder and redder.

Is redder even a word?

"Ok but not yet I think it's a bit soon, I want to get to know him more first." I nod my head in agreement and continue with the math notes.

We continue chatting for a good hour as I write my notes, I also help him make up plans on how to get closer with Cole. I feel my pocket vibrate so I quickly pull it out seeing a text.

Ezra🤍: Hey where are you? Abby said your not home
Me: at the cafe near the campus :))
Ezra🤍: Need me to pick you up?
Me: if it's not out of your way
Ezra🤍: I'm in my way love

"Is that your lover boy?" Noah wiggles his eyebrows at me this time.

"Oh my god Noah, me and Ezra are just friends. Nothing is or will happen between us." I roll my eyes at him while packing up my stuff.

"Mhm sure babe, sure." I shove him slightly as we're exiting the cafe causing him to burst out laughing. A second later he nearly falls flat on his face so I end up nearly crying with laughter.

"It's about time I leave then babe I'll see you Monday ok?" He wraps me in a hug and places a kiss on my cheek.

"Bye Noah get home safe." I wave at him as I walk over to where I spotted Ezra's car before I even left the cafe.

How he got here so quickly I have no idea.

He's currently leaning against the hood of his car with a very angry look on his face. When his eyes meet mine I feel a chill run down my spine. I give him a smile and a wave but his expression doesn't budge.

"Are you ok? You look like you're going to kill someone." I stand directly in front of him but he just shakes his head and walks round to the drivers side and gets in.

Did I do something?

I let out a sigh before getting in the passenger side. Once I'm buckled up Ezra speeds off towards our apartment complex. Not a word is said the whole ride, I look over at Ezra and see his jaw clenched and his knuckles are turning white around the wheel.

"Ezra?" I mumble out. He doesn't even act like he heard me.

"Ezra?" I say a little louder trying to get his attention but it doesn't work. So I decided to drop it.

As soon as the car is parked I jump out as soon as I can not wanting to be near this weird awkward situation that's going on. I rush towards the elevator without even bothering to check if he's behind me.

Just like the car, not a word is said during the whole elevator ride either. I try my best not to cry and overthink this whole thing. I mean maybe he's just having a bad day.

The doors open on our floor and I'm the first one out, I head straight to my apartment trying to unlock my door as fast as I can. As I'm opening my door I look over at Ezra who's also opening his door but he doesn't look up at me.

No, instead he just walks into his apartment and slams the door behind him. What the hell is up with him?

I once again let out a sigh before heading into my place. I find Abby sitting at the kitchen island eating a bowl of cereal, she notices me come in and looks up at me.

"What's up?"

"Ezra's being weird with me. I was at the cafe with Noah when he texted me asking where I was and if I needed a lift I said yes obviously. But when he got there he looked really mad and didn't say a single word to me the whole way here. Even when I tried to talk to him." I ramble out in a slight panic and then take a deep breath realising I didn't have any oxygen left.

"What the fuck? That doesn't sound like Ezra at all, yes he's a grumpy ass dick but never with you." She narrows her eyes as I walk over to the opposite side of the island.

"Yeah, you're telling me." I let out a dry laugh, I also found a jolly rancher in my pocket so I plop that in my mouth.

"Want me to go next door and talk to him? Or I could ask Theo to talk to him for me?" I instantly shake my head not knowing that could make things worse.

"No no, just leave it. Can we just have hot chocolate and doughnuts while watching tv?" I give her my puppy eyes and she instantly cracks.

"Fine, you go and change while I make the hot chocolate." I shriek and quickly run into my room so I can change. I throw on a random tee and some sweatpants then run back into the living room.

"Get cosy sweets." Abby comes and sits next to me with our hot chocolates and doughnuts in hand.

Best way to spend a Friday night.

♡♡♡

Word count: 2000 words

Short chapter because the next few ones are going to be a lot so I have to prepare y'all.

So what do you think is up with Ezra hmmm 😏

-S🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 23 22
"All week, you've been on my mind, and I can't make it go away. Finally, after suffering in silence for so long at the thought of your lips, your lau...
170K 4K 40
"Don't look at me like that. I promise I will make you feel like a queen, when living here." He said looking straight through me. He came closer and...
97.9K 1.9K 35
"One of the few things I learned in my life was that death always comes. Senescence, illness or... murder, death is always the end every single one o...
3.6K 169 25
The life that J (Jules) Johnson has had is anything but ordinary. Fosterlife hasn't been kind to her due to her abilities and when her only friend St...