The Bad Batch: A Heart-breaki...

By betheyes

One of the batchers has been acting strange according to Omega but the brothers don't acknowledge it. So Omeg... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Final Chapter

Chapter 7

72 2 1
By betheyes

Past Memory…13 years ago...

Crosshair had just reached the barracks he shared with his squad; he had been sent off on a separate mission while the rest of the squad were sent to aid a nearby town. The marksman wanted nothing but to get some rest when he received a ping on his comm unit, it was a message from his partner in crime, Gator Tarkin asking him to meet for drinks. Crosshair smiled to himself, he put his stuff down in his and Hunter’s shared room. The marksman left a note for his fiancé, the two had recently got engaged, the leader of the bad batch had tricked the marksman into an emergency during the mission only to surprise him by dropping down on one knee. Let’s just say, Crosshair has never wanted to murder someone so bad.

Reaching over for his phone, he messaged Tarkin to say he was on his way and to buy him his favourite juice. The marksman didn’t drink, the others weren’t too bothered and never pressured him into it. Tarkin was the only one who tried to get the marksman to relax but Crosshair preferred to be on alert. It didn’t take him long to reach the bar on base, it was nicknamed 79s. God knows why, Crosshair never wanted to know as he was sure there was a long tale behind it. All of the soldiers had nicknames and soon enough the nickname was what they were known for, that's why Crosshair went by his nickname rather than his birth name, it had stuck over the years. Only a few knew his actual name and only they used it. 

“Hey Tris! Over here!” A voice belonging to none other than his partner in crime, Tarkin. The man was a few years older than Crosshair but had picked the marksman as his partner as soon as he laid eyes on him. Crosshair smiled, taking a seat beside Tarkin and his other friend, Rampart. Again, he was older but then again most of them were older than him. Crosshair was only 19 but had been in the forces since he was a 10 year old cadet, he had been in proper service by the age of 16 due to the war's requirements. 

“I know you like to relax on a Friday night but I thought since this is our last shift together before you return home. I wanted to throw you a going away party and since you're engaged what better way than to celebrate at 79s” Tarkin smiled as he happily spoke. “First rounds on me!” Rampart called out to the small group, Crosshair glared at him. Thankfully Rampart received Crosshairs message and got him juice. “I’ve got a surprise for you, later” Tarkin whispered as he bought the second round of drinks, Crosshair only smirked thinking about the last surprise being his helmet filled with worms. He still needed to get Tarkin back for that.

After an hour of celebrating, Crosshair decided to call it a night. He was in the midst of standing up when the room spun and his vision darkened, hands grabbed him before his body slumped into the darkness. A voice interrupted his thoughts, “I told you I had a surprise for you. Let’s see if Hunter still wants you after I take you for myself” Tarkin's slurred voice reached his ears. Crosshair gulped, he had been drugged, he couldn’t do anything as his mind slipped into the darkness. 

The next time Crosshair awoke, he was in a bed of some sort, there were bright lights hanging above him. A groan left his vocal cords as he shifted his achy body. He instantly knew he was in the medical barracks. He had no clue why his body was so sore but he hoped it was from a bomb explosion and not what he hoped was a dream. “Easy, Cross. It’s me” the soothing voice of his fiancé reached his ears, Crosshair blinked looking up and saw Hunter looking back at him with concern. “Please tell me it was a dream” Crosshair cried out softly, Hunter shook his head as he pulled his fiancé into his arms, Crosshair cried into Hunter’s chest. He felt betrayed and dirty. Realisation kicked in, he had been raped by who he thought was his best-friend. Hunter remained sitting while comforting his lover. Never in their lives, did they think something like this would happen to them. 

A few days later found the ones known as ‘the bad batch’ discharged and sent home. Crosshair had been checked over and declared unfit for duty, the batch tried to argue but when they found themselves getting nowhere. They all walked away from the army for the time being, one of their commanders kept them on call for possible future missions but at the time being they were more bothered about the marksman's health. Crosshair hadn’t uttered a word in the few days since the incident. Instead the batch either found him cuddled up to Hunter, Tech or him cleaning his 773 Firepuncher which he refused to give back to the army not that their commander could blame him. Tech being his older brother made sure to watch out for signs of anything. The main one being suicide. However, Crosshair wasn’t that stupid, he refused to let this affect him. 

Four months passed and the bad batch found themselves joining back with the army, Crosshair passed the medical and fitness tests again so he was allowed to rejoin back in. Finally, the batch was whole but Hunter refused to let him go on any solo missions not that Crosshair wanted to. The group made sure to stick together, they even invited their close friend Echo to join their squad when his brothers had left him in medical for another mission. Echo didn’t mind as long as his twin stayed in contact with him at all times, the last thing they needed was for Fives to do something stupid. 

Another month passed when all hell broke loose. Tarkin had escaped custody and turned out to be a spy amongst the ranks of the army, he worked for the opposite side. It was up to the batch to track him down with Cody, Rex, Jesse, Fives and Kix on their side. The group had been watching a building for a couple of days. Hunter and Crosshair were on watch, the two would normally scout together so they could protect each other. The marksman suddenly shifted and threw up in a nearby alley. Hunter was instantly worried and was about to call Kix when Tarkin’s group made a move. Hunter sent a direct order to Rex’s group, no sooner did he finish did Crosshair sort himself out. The marksman reassured the sergeant he was alright as the two hurried after Tarkin's group. 

Together they would end this war, Tarkin was the last one to take down. “Crosshair, he is coming your way. Remember we need him alive!” Cody’s voice became a reminder in his ear, Tarkin had caused them too much pain. Crosshair still remembered when Tech told him about the abuse Tarkin had put him through, telling him he was fat and other things that nearly led him to suicide. It took Crosshair to snap out of his own worries to help his twin before it was too late. Thankfully the two recovered as much as they could. 

Crosshair took aim ready for the bastard who had made him feel so low. He patiently waited until the man was in perfect view, “Crosshair, two minutes” Rex’s voice broke through his thoughts, he took a deep breath as he waited unaware that he had the direction wrong. Silent footsteps crept up behind him, “Looking for someone Tris?”. Crosshair whipped around only to gasp as a pistol went off, a searing amount of pain spread through his shoulder. Using his own body, he managed to knock Tarkin’s feet from underneath him. Standing up the two found themselves in a close-combat situation, Crosshair grunted when Tarkin jabbed his side with a knife leaving a deep cut. 

He could hear the rest of the batch’s words that they were on their way. Crosshair was unaware he was being set up, he just kept trying to survive. Crosshair dodged another bullet as he tried to take down the other man, the marksman knew he was too twiggy but he would use his flexibility to his advantage. Size didn’t matter. “By the way, you tasted good the other night”. A wave of anger flooded through his system as Crosshair unleashed his bottled up anger on the man who had caused his family too much pain, he was unaware of the superiors running to separate the two. The witnesses watching didn’t know who was in the right. Tarkin smirked, noticing he had planned it right. 

“Now everyone knows your true self, Tris” Tarkin chuckled as he spat blood. His words startled Crosshair as he soon found himself tackled and hand-cuffed, the marksman didn’t even fight as he realised too late, he had been set up by Tarkin and the army. He walked past the bad batch and the others who looked at him with concern. Crosshair was placed in the back of an army truck and drove off to base to be prosecuted. The marksman hung his head, a hand landed on his shoulder. He looked up to see Kix staring back at him, the medic had been caught up in it all. “It will be okay, I promise you, son. I will not let anything happen to you, okay” Kix words hit something deep inside him. 

Crosshair soon found himself in the jail cell at the main base, he remained impassive as he, Kix and a few others waited for their punishment. The medic remained quiet beside him, promising to always be there for him. Someone in Kix’s squad had set the medic up. 

“Cross?” The marksman looked up to see the rest of the bad batch looking back at him, Hunter passed him a piece of paper. Crosshair took it and read the following options: ‘Option A: You will serve a minimum of 7 years away from your family through our training with no contact whatsoever, spending time doing our missions without remorse. Option B: You are discharged from the army for good and serve 25 years in a public prison for treason. Option C: Your squad is put up for trial and will lead to execution if no proof comes forward’. 

No sooner did Crosshair read the options did Commander Cody come collect him and take him to a room where he would make a decision on his future. The two shortly left the room with the two heading to medical first before Cody said he had one week with the batch until he was required to leave for the next 7 years. Crosshair had some news to share with Hunter too and he hoped the man would be okay with this. 

Crosshair entered their barracks only to meet four concerned faces. Tech rushed over to him pulling him in for a tight hug, his twin clung to him. Crosshair only smiled as Wrecker and Echo hugged him too. Soon the three let go of him for Hunter to wrap him up. The five of them took a seat on the floor on some blankets. 

“So, what's the plan?” Wrecker asked, looking towards Crosshair who leaned against Hunter. The leader of the batch pulled his fiancé close to his body. “I chose Option A, it's the only one that made sense, I couldn’t put you all through the trials, it seemed someone set me up. I wouldn’t doubt someone was trying to take us all down and I fell for it. I only ask you all to move on…I have to do a minimum of 7 years, so god knows what that means for me” Crosshair sighed deeply as he explained his choice. “Cross, we are not abandoning you. Yes, we may be separated but we love you no matter what. We are not leaving you behind, understand” Tech said with the most confidence. Wrecker and Echo just smiled at him while Hunter tightened his grip. “Oh and Echo. You have my permission to marry Tech in case i’m not here to threaten…argh!” Crosshair suddenly cried out in agony startling the group as he held his stomach in pain. 

The batch panicked, Crosshair groaned as he rolled over in Hunter’s hold, his fiancé felt as confused as Crosshair. “Get help!” Echo cried out to Wrecker who ran for medical, the giant bumped into Cody and Kix talking to one another. “Help!” “What is it, Wrecker?” Cody asked using an informal tone since they were off duty, “It’s Crosshair, he doubled over in pain. Something’s wrong”. Wrecker didn’t need to say anymore as the commander and medic sprinted for the batch’s barracks. 

“Tech!” Crosshair cried out as he had the urge to spread his legs, Tech snapped out of his shock and helped his brother. He had a faint idea of what was going on, he grabbed his scanner and scanned his brother. A gasp left his vocal cords, “what is it, Tech?!” Hunter asked while gripping Crosshairs hand. “He’s in labour!” Tech announced, Echo gasped looking at Crosshair, “Did you know?!” The marksman shook his head furiously as another pained cry filled the room. Tech didn’t know what to do but thankfully the door to the room opened revealing Cody, Kix and Wrecker. The giant shut the door behind them giving them all some privacy. 

“Crosshair, what’s wrong?!” Cody called out coming to kneel in Echo’s recent vacated spot. Tech turned to the medic and passed his scanner over. Kix gasped, “Did he know?” Echo shook his head but then winced when Crosshair let out another pained cry. Cody couldn’t believe his eyes, he overlooked the scanned pictures. Looking at Hunter he saw a frightened worried lover. The sergeant looked at the commander with fear as Crosshair let out another pained cry, the marksman wasn’t entirely bothered about his body but he did send a glare Echo, Cody and Wreckers way. The three made sure to leave the room and guard the door while Kix, Tech and Hunter stayed with Crosshair. All of them still trying to work out what was going on, Echo took a seat on the floor to make sure he didn’t become another patient.

Another 45 minutes passed before Kix emerged with a smile on his face welcoming Echo, Wrecker and Cody back into the room. Kix shut the door behind them as he made his way back over to where Crosshair lay in Hunter's arms with Tech beside him and a little blond baby girl in Crosshairs arms.  “Woah! She is so tiny!” Wrecker whispered, allowing the tiny baby to hold his finger, the exhausted Crosshair smiled at his family interacting with the new addition. Cody found himself smiling but then a frown settled on his face, Crosshair was under orders so the marksman would have to leave his daughter but for the time being he would leave them.

For the next few days the batch took care of the youngest, word got around that there was a baby in the barracks but Commander Cody ensured he had it covered. On the last day, Crosshair made the ultimate decision. He gave full guardianship to Hunter who was surprised at it all. “Cross, I can’t. She’s your daughter” Hunter tried to explain to his fiancé. Crosshair held up a hand, “Hunter listen to reason. I’m going to be gone for 7 years, who knows where you will be or if you have met anybody else by then. I’m serving time and I don’t want Megan to have someone to hate for life because her father never came home. I’m also doing this to protect her from Tarkin. He can’t know she’s related to me, he could go after her. Please look after her and raise her as if she was your own. Love her for me. I will always love her but this is for the best, she can’t have a murderer as a father, please love. Do it for her sake” Crosshair explained. Hunter nodded, “Promise me, Cross. You will come home safe, I will always love you and I will wait for you” Crosshair kissed him on the lips as he cuddled his daughter one last time and kissed Hunter. He said his goodbyes to the rest of the batch, taking longer with Tech but that was to be expected. Kix was also serving time with him, so at least he had someone to watch over him. But the medic was only doing 2 years with him so he would have 5 more on his own. 

The bad batch watched as Crosshair was decked out in his full black armour with his famous 773 Firepuncher on his back, tears slipped under his helmet as the helicopter took off. His new journey on his own, the one that turned him into a cold-blooded killer. 

“Thank you Crosshair, that will be enough for the day. This is only for a precaution, if you do end up in court. We now have back-up, we even have the medical files from your time in the army of the rape tests” Obi-one exclaimed, his words making Crosshair very uncomfortable. Cody tapped his friend's shoulder and directed him from the room. Leaving behind a curled up Crosshair and Tech, the twins settled down in silence to nap. The two were unaware of the tears flowing down two little girls faces as they made a break for the door.

Ta Da! Stay Tuned - another on its way! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 624 46
Ella is a mandalorian Jedi trying to find her way through this new galaxy after order 66 and she happens to bump into her favourite clones. who knows...
3.6K 80 11
🌥 - Fluff 😚 - Standard stuff 🍓 - Sexually suggestive (16+) 🍋 - Sexual sex (18+) ⛈ - Angst (please have caution) DM or comment your requests and I...
33.1K 1.5K 27
"Choose a side.. we all have to now." Noble knew from the visions that the END was coming... With the Bad Batch unknowingly going into this so called...
21.7K 1K 35
During the Clone Wars, the Bad Batch is tasked with a variety of missions across the galaxy. An unexpected addition to their team throws a wrench in...