Loving A Marine

By arabella_tomlinson

Life for Bella Monty was perfect. She had it all. The grades, the friends, loving boyfriend and supportive fa... More

Characters
1. Bella
2. Enzo
3. Bella
4. Enzo
5. Bella
6. Enzo
7. Bella
8. Enzo
9. Bella
10. Enzo
11. Bella
12. Enzo
14. Enzo
15. Bella
16. Enzo
17. Bella
18. Enzo
19. Bella
20. Enzo
21. Bella
22. Enzo
23. Bella
24.Enzo
Epilogue: Bella

13. Bella

2.6K 92 1
By arabella_tomlinson

September 26, 2020 (33 weeks and 5 days pregnant)

33 weeks and 5 days, that how far along I currently was. Two days away from being 34 weeks meaning I'll be having this little boy in 6 weeks. But the doctor did mentioned that my water could break earlier or later than what she says. I had given the letter to Bailey to send to Enzo but I haven't received anything which can only mean that he still hasn't gotten it or Bailey hasn't been able to send it. I'll go with the latter. She's been taking care of little Declan for a good while since her mom's working. I would've gone to help but the doctor had told me to not strain myself too much, luckily Bailey understood and I had feared she would get mad or something when I told her that I was going to stop coming over for a little while.

"Don't worry, Bella, I understand and besides Declan hasn't been given me a hard time as of late which thank god," she had said when I called her after my appointment a few weeks ago, "when he gets fussy or cranky he asks me to lay the song you recorded."

I smiled at that, "um..I know you've been busy but have you sent the letter I gave you to send to your brother?"

"Shit, no, I'm so sorry, Bella. It completely escaped my mind, I'll get it delivered today no questions asked," she had said and since then I haven't heard a word from her. I hope she isn't mad or anything at my lack of visiting her.

"You ready to go for your daily walks?" Kaiden asked and I nodded. Together we walked out of the house and made our way down the sideway in the direction of the pack only to stop in our tracks when we saw Melanie's car pull up to her driveway but the she wasn't the one who held my attention. It was the man sitting in the passenger's seat. Our eyes locked for a brief second before he looked away when his mother called him and he climbed out. I felt my heart sink as I saw him step out with crutches.

"Aren't you going to say hi?" My brother asked and I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded before waddling towards them. I smiled as we stopped a few feet from them.

"Oh, hi dear," Melanie greeted with a warm smile when she saw me and Kaiden, "look at you," I smiled and rubbed my belly. I felt Enzo's eyes on me and turned to him. Then I noticed the papers in his hands making me bite my lip. So he did get the letter after all.

"Hi," I smiled and he nodded making me frown at his lack of words, "when did you come back?"

"Doesn't matter," he muttered before walking away leaving me confused at his reaction. What did I do?

"Don't mind him," Bailey said as she looked after her brother and I nodded, "sorry for not reaching out to you, it's been hectic." I nodded in understanding before sighing and smiling at the sleeping boy in her arms, "I'll see you around yeah?"

"Yeah," I agreed as she headed into the house with her mom.

"That was.......something," Kaiden commented and I couldn't agree more. "Come on, let's go."

*****

Tuesday, October 6, 2020 (35 weeks and a day pregnant)

Two weeks later I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst pain imaginable and screamed. I threw the coves off as my door banged open and my parents walked in alarmed.

"Mama," I whimpered as another wave of pain rushed through me.

"It's okay, love, just take deep breaths in and out just like how the doctor instructed you incase your water broke," she said as she did a demonstration of breathing in and out. I did as she said and slowly the pain began to ease up.

"We need to get you changed out of these pants," mom said and dad left to turn the car on since it was starting to get cold specially at this hour." I stood firm my bed and hissed as another contraction hit making me double over holding onto the night stand for support. Mom rubbed my back.

"I'm, I'm okay," I said exhaling as the pained eased up again. I looked at the time and saw it was 3:45 am.

"Here, lift your leg," Mom said ass he walked over with a clean pair of pants and I did as I instructed and not even long after that, I was being helped out of my room—we had moved my stuff to the guest roll downstairs since I couldn't clim the stairs anymore and it would've been dangerous to do so with how close I was to having the baby.

"I already called the doctor to let her know we were on our way," Dad said as he climbed into the driver seat while mom sat in the back with me belong me through my contractions. "She said to tone how far along the contractions are."

"They're 1 minute apart," Mom replied as I whimpered with another sharp pain on my belly. I closed my eyes and took deep breathes. That show it went until Dad pulled in front of the hospital and got out. He helped me out and inside the building.

"Sit her here," Doctor Carson said, she had been waiting for us to arrive, "let's get you to your room."

While my Dad went back to park the car in a proper parking space, Mom and I went to a delivery room where I was hooked up to a heart monitor and IV.

"I'm going to check how dilated you are and we'll go from there," she said and I nodded. She had me lift my legs before getting between them and inserting her fingers in while also pressing on my lover belly making me wince at the discomfort. "You're 6 cm dilated."

I winced when she remove her fingers and lowers my legs as she covered me up, "once your contractions are closer in time I'll come check on you again,"

I winced as another contraction happens making me whimper.

"Just take deep breaths honey,"

*****

"I gotta push," I whimpered as I felt the urge to push. Dad called for the doctor and Doctor Carson was soon in the room, "I need to push."

"Let's check how far you're dilated," she said as she pulled a chair over and looked stern my legs, "I see the already," the doctor said and the nurse in the room jumped into action as she led my dad out of the room and a second nurse also entered before closing the door behind her.

"Okay, on the next contraction, I need you push for ten seconds," Doctor Carson said and I nodded already feeling sweat forming on my forehead as I pushed when I felt a contraction and held it for ten seconds with my mom—who was helping me with holding my leg with another nurse—whispered encouraging words and I heaved a sigh as I leaned my head back on the piles.

"Again," Doctor Carson said, "bring your chin to your chest and push as hard as you can."

I did as instructed and heaved a big breath as I rested my chin on my chest and pushed as hard as I could.

On the third push, the room was filled with a loud wail and I swallowed the lump in my throat as Doctor Carson held my baby in the air before resting him on my chest. I sniffled and felt tears roll down the cheeks as I touched his little chubby face. He whimpered and shivered but he was quickly covered with a blanket.

"Hi baby boy," I whispered as I pressed a kiss to his full head of dark hair. "God you're so beautiful."

"Oh sweetie," mom sniffled and I smiled as I kissed is little head. "He's perfect."

I cut the cord before he was taken to get cleaned up and he wailed as they did so. Dad walked into the room in the moment and his attention was immediately drawn to his crying grandson.

Gee, thanks dad.

I smiled though as I watched my dad gush over the new born. "He's absolutely perfect, sweetheart."

"Have you chosen his name yet, Bella?" A familiar voice asked making me frown and looked up to see Melanie, Enzo's mother, standing at the foot of the bed with a clipboard. I wasn't expecting her to be one of the nurses in here with me but I guess during my pain induced mind I didn't pay attention to the person helping my mom hold my legs as I delivered my baby.

"Uh, yeah it's Atlas Dakota." I replied and she nodded as she wrote his name on a blue paper before placing it in the bassinet.

"Here we go," the other nurse said waking over to me with a bundled baby and handed him to me, and helped me ge thin to latch onto my chest and it was uncomfortable the first few seconds but it was amazing feeling watching how my body can produce the nutrients that he needs to grow.

"He weighed 6 pounds and 8 ouzos with a measurement of 20 inches long," she said and I smiled, "congratulations again,"

"Thank you." I replied with a smile before looking down at Atlas as he sucked in the milk my breast provided him.

Mom stayed with me the three days I stayed in the hospital and when the time came to head home, we bumped into the last person I thought to see.

"Bella?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

845K 20.4K 33
*Formally Known As: My Hero is My Best Friend and a Marine (MBFFM) "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand read...
3.1M 70.6K 43
To grow up in a world where female shifters are rare, being one is a big deal- and thats why Cassidy hides that she is one from the rest of the pack...
15.6K 1K 38
All Ryder's life, he loved two girls with all his heart, mind, and soul. He cared about them so much that he would give the shirt off his back, if th...
4.7K 104 39
A girl has high grades at school and she begins to come to the end of school when a teacher she knows asks her to come and work for him as a babysitt...