The Mighty Ducks Imagines

By ObsidianLies

I may be late to the Ducks, but its better late than never. Enjoy the imagines that keep me occupied and dist... More

Spirit Of The Ducks
Injury On Ice
Carnival With The Ducks
Operation Protect Kenny
Ice Cream - Bash Brothers
Legend Of Pumpkin Puck
Cowboy Roundup
Dinner Disaster
Party In the Penalty Box
Helping Hans
Halloween Meets Secret Santa
Learning To Skate With Adam
Gonna Take a Miracle
Campfire Celebration
Movie Night
Revenge Of The Cowboy
A Connie & Guy Catastrophe
The Great Goldberg Bake Off
Sleeptalking
Prank Gone Wrong
Captain Blood
Game Night
He's Gone
Flying Back To Minnesota
Study Buddies
Sick Day
Concussion Conundrum
Blacked Out Blur
Team Tattoos
Hide And Seek
Who's Next?
Because You're My Best Friend
It's A Cool Sticker
Bigfoot
Paint
We're The Ducks
Code Shark
The Bravest Clown
All-Nighter
Paintball
Cover Story
Playoffs Present
Baseball
Soaked
Boat Day
Hat-Trick
The Outsiders
BBQ At Banks'
Double Date
Rock Show
Hide Me
Murder Mystery Party
Surprise
Escape Room
Caught
PDA Prank
Miyagi-Don't
Long Time
Ducks In The Crowd
Lunar Eclipse
Zoo
Blessing In Disguise
Coach Cowboy
Superstar Duck
Business In Chicago
Number Retirement
Coach Classic
Switching Teams
Lovestruck Duck
Benched
Haunted House
Silent Love
Girls Day Out
Prom
Fire
Arrested
Icelandic Reunion
Iced Out
Bet
Ejected
Icing On the Cake
Short Fuse
Generational Pairs
Loss
Last Breath
Never Trust Goldberg
Protector
Teaching Aggression
Not So Secret
Zamboni
Figure Skater
Anxious
Breaking The Ice
Girl In The Stands
Stranded
Unlikely Friends
Broken Nose
Scream
Secret Santa
Tribute
Polar Opposites
New Year
The Varsity Cake-Eater
Mistake
Forbidden
Emergency
Interviews
Music Madness
21 Questions
Horror Maze
Valentine/Update
Old Rivals
Job Crashers
Second Try
Poetry
Farm Life
Divorce
Wedding Band
Wild Wedding
Detention
Goodbye
Prank War
Moving
Reunited
Like Father, Like Daughter
Traded
Embarrassed
Guilty Pleasure
He Bailed
Secrets
Fading Hatred
Charlie Conway's Day Off
Teasing
Teenage Tour Guide
Makeup Massacre
Unexpected
Camping
Panic Attack

Construction Crew

741 20 0
By ObsidianLies

This isn't exactly how I imagined my life turning out. When I was younger, hockey and music were everything to me. The only thing I had in mind that came true is the fact that I'm still with Fulton and Portman. It wasn't always this way, but now we're as close as we can be to our hockey days.

Fulton was the first to get into this business. Years later, he saw my potential when we were building some stuff after I moved back here. Considering I was trying to find work, I started working with Fulton. We actually became roommates - best decision I made in a while. About a year or so later, Portman came to stay with us for a few weeks... But he never left. Needing to get back on his feet, he joined us. The Bash Brigade is back in business.

Even though Portman is still new here, our first job together is bittersweet. Bombay called Fult - not for why we hoped. After years of poor maintenance, the Ice Palace is finally being condemned. He asked us to take care of things - after all, it wouldn't be right if someone else took control.

Surveying the scene, it's a shock that this place is still standing. I split off from the guys to have a look around Bombay's office. I spot a few familiar photos on the wall and can't help but smile. As I get closer, I notice a pile of Polaroids and other photos of the team on his desk. Going through them, I find myself chuckling at the memories.

However, when I look closer at one of the images, I realise the truth of a decades long mystery. That asshole. Pocketing the rest of the pictures, I storm back to them with the evidence in hand.

"Dean Portman, I am going to throw you in a cement mixer!" I yell making them snap their heads around.

"What?" Portman looks at me as if I spoke another language.

"Why?" Fulton drags out - clearly puzzled and a tad frightened.

"You did steal it, you shit!" My timing could not have been worse as I realise the kids are there. "Oh, hey guys." I feel heat rising to my cheeks in embarrassment.

"Hi..." I'm me by confused and concerned greetings.

"For legal reasons, I didn't say that. The cement mixer thing was just a joke." They just slowly nod as I attempt to backtrack. "What are you guys talking about?" I try to change the subject.

"Just telling them that they can't hang out here anymore because of how bad it is now." Fulton helps to move things along.

"Oh, yeah, this place is a deathtrap." I reiterate the danger present by poor remaining construction. "Gotta say, I'm impressed he made it last so long." I praise my old coach.

"Pretty sure he just paid some bills." Dean finally says something.

"Barely."

"Isn't this stuff kinda dangerous for you guys?"

"Are you kidding?" We scoff.

"Come on, we're the Bash Brigade." Fulton reminds them.

"Piece of cake." Portman shrugs it off before we pull out our classic/favourite bandanas and proceeding to do our pre-shift fist-bumps with the boys chest-bumping at the end.

"Why'd you have to do it so hard?" Fulton whines - he's getting weaker.

We talk to them for a little longer when Maya asks what made me want to go into construction.

"Well, it wasn't my first choice." I let out a pained laugh as I think about the life I thought I'd have. "I guess I have a knack for destroying stuff. Plus, I can't imagine being away from my Bash Brothers." I turn sentimental after spending years barely seeing them. "No matter how hard I try." I mutter as I reference current frustrations.

In a change of topic, the kids complain about their boredom and loss of a hockey hangout. We reassure them that things will work out - retelling stories about how they did for us. As if someone heard us, they receive invitations to a reputable hockey camp. It's gonna be rough, but I know they can do it.

"What'd we tell you?" Fulton smiles as Dean fist-bumps everyone he can to show his support.

"That's awesome. Enjoy it - these guys are the real deal." I give them a gentle reminder before they leave.

I'm genuinely proud of them for getting this opportunity. It kind of reminds me of when we started at Eden Hall but way more stressful. With the kids now gone, Fulton asks about my earlier outburst.

"What did he do?" As the question is asked, Portman fails to sneak away due to Fulton grabbing his arm and dragging him back.

"Look at this." I hand him the photo. "See it?"

"See what? I have no idea what I'm meant to be looking at. This is just us and Julie."

"Remember my favourite purple bandana that I got during the Goodwill Games?"

"Yeah..." He looks confused as Dean knows he's been caught after many years.

"Remember how devastated I was when it went missing? How it actually fucked me up for a while when it was nowhere to be seen?"

"You literally cried for like a week when none of us could find it." Can you blame me? That was the highlight of my life and there were so many memories with it.

"What does this look like to you?" I point to the object in question.

"That's definitely that bandana hanging out of Portman's pocket."

"Exactly." I then turn to the criminal. "You stole it and denied it! Even after all of you saw how crushed I was, you never owned up! What the hell is wrong with you, man?" I berate him.

"I'm sorry, okay, I'm sorry." He admits it. "I just really liked it and thought it'd look cool."

"You had so many! What did you do with it?" No answer. "Where is it, Dean?"

"It's in a box of high school photos." He gives in.

"Not only did you lie about it for decades, but it's been in my house for months!"

"Yeah, but Fulton knew about it too!" He panics and throws his best friend under the bus in defence.

"What? You knew this whole time?"

"He made me promise to keep it a secret." He reluctantly answers.

In an unbridled rage, I pick up a nearby sledgehammer with a yell and chase them. Their screams bring me an unexpected joy. Fortunately for them, nothing comes from the chase. I spend the rest of the day keeping to myself as much as possible - even walking home instead of going in Fulton's car with them.

Is this petty? Maybe. Do I care? No. But you have to understand - that bandana meant more to me than anything I'd ever owned. It was the first thing I ever bought myself. I got to hang out with my friends all day. We all got one. Hell, I thought it was lucky because we started winning as soon as I started wearing it in games. I took it everywhere as a reminder of the best time of my life. I was crushed when I thought I'd never see it again. Sure, Fulton was keeping a secret for his best friend - but I'm his best friend too.

Whilst walking home, I decided to take a detour. I sit on a park bench and think about things. Am I overreacting? They knew what it meant to me. My thoughts are interrupted by Alex shouting my name. After a brief conversation about the situation, I realise that I've been here for over an hour.

I pull out my phone to see our group chat and individual messages blowing up. Each notification is filled with pleads for forgiveness. The messages turn to panic as I scroll - they probably think I'm dead in a ditch. Still being salty and petty, I head home without texting them back.

For the rest of the walk, I think about what Alex said. In the end, we're still the closest family we have. We've been through so much together. Despite the lie and its meaning, I can't let an old bandana break us up.

I barely get through the door before I'm surrounded and pulled into a group hug whilst caught off guard. They apologise profusely and express their worry and regret. Definitely thought I was dead. I also apologise for overreacting. Dean leaves but quickly returns with the bandana to hand.

"Here." He hands it over. "Sorry it took so long to get back to you."

"It still smells like the victory campfire. We almost killed Averman." I laugh - almost tearing up. "Thank you." I hug him and Fulton joins.

"Come on, the game starts soon."

The guys order food from my favourite place as I change out of my work clothes. Tonight's game is Ducks vs Penguins. I sit between the brothers as we wait for it to start. I put the bandana on for the first time in a long time.

"Now I'm ready."

We love watching Ducks games not just because we started this. Each game we point out Coach Conway with pride when we see him. More excitement builds as we notice Ken and Connie sat right next to the box. I immediately text them to say we saw them on TV.

Ducks win! Just like old times. I'm telling you... It's the power of the bandana.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 1.4K 31
" hey, your hand is really sweaty... " •─────────•❋•─────────• book one of two mighty ducks 2 lester averman x oc
69.1K 1.9K 45
❝ for once in my life, I thought someone actually wanted me ❞ █ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █ stand alone the mighty ducks: d3 ken wu x oc // guy germaine...
46.1K 460 31
"you're not as sweet as you look" "haha very funny" [ this story is about you falling in love with your new teammate, Dean Portman. He then soon real...
231K 1.7K 105
In this book there will be imagines,head cannons,and preferences Mighty duck characters I'm doing include: Charlie Conway Adam banks Guy Germaine ...