malicious | max verstappen

By broshutupffs

two aggressive drivers. one fight. what could go wrong? More

introduction
prologue.
one.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thiry six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
fourty five.
fourty six.

two.

9.8K 251 101
By broshutupffs

«•»

ELYSE'S POV

Race day.

I found out that I lost 4 kilos during the past few days. Even though it wasn't much of a surprise. I mean, after puking half what my body contained I think that's pretty reasonable.

Anyways, I was finally back in the paddock. Lewis and I arrived in fashion, as he always says.

Deciding to be extra today, we took two motorbikes (both with our numbers on them) and did wheelies in the parking lot where fans and photographers were watching us. Lewis had the british flag tied around him while i had the spanish flag tied around me.

Once we stopped the motorbikes, the crowd cheered as we took off our helmets and high-fived each other.

I decided to sign a few caps and t-shirts and quickly decided to get going when a guy asked me to sign his abs— which I did, but that's besides the point.

Hailey was quick to pull me into the media pen to give some interviews since I hadn't done any ever since the weekend started.

"Welcome back to the paddock, Elyse. It's good to have you back." WILL BUXTON greeted me.

"Thank you, will. It's good to be back." I beamed.

"Most importantly though, are you feeling well enough to drive today?"

"Yup, all cleared by the doctor." I nodded.

"Based on the car's performance the whole weekend, do you think you'll be able to move your car from P5 to a podium slot or even aim for the win despite just recovering from sickness?"

"I hope so." I chuckled nervously, "I'm yet to get into the car since testing but after going through all the data we've gathered I think it'll be possible."

"Awesome to hear." Will smiled, "Well, I hope you have a good race, we'll be cheering you on."

"And I'll make sure not to disappoint." I pretended to salute and that was how I spent my next hour.

«•»

It was 15 minutes till the race lights go out. I was having my usual pre-race jitters, I took out a single pill of Xanax and plopped it in my mouth with my shaky hands.

Nobody but Lewis and my therapist and Hailey knew about how bad my anxiety got before races which is why I was prescribed to meds.

Personally, I'd think that without them I wouldn't be able to function properly during a race without them since my mind would be a chaotic mess.

It wasn't because I was scared to drive but it was more like my brain acts up before I race for some reason. It was something I've been experiencing ever since I got into one-seater competitions.

I take one deep breath to calm my nerves down as the Xanax started doing its job. I put my airpods max on my ears as I blocked the world surrounding me.

Most drivers usually hang out together or with their team before the race begins but I find that rather distracting.

Two knocks on my door let me know it was time to head out. One last breath before driving my best out there.

«•»

5 lights. Each one feels like it takes an eternity to go off. and before I knew it, as Crofty likes to say, it's lights out and away we go.

I had a decent start unlike my old friend, SERGIO PEREZ who released his clutch too late allowing me to pass the Redbull easily.

Next up was the FERRARI of CHARLES LECLERC who I stayed behind for a fairly long time. This started to push my buttons. I knew this guy had incredible defending skills. Lap after lap, I was already annoyed and wanted to get past him.

On one of the straights, I was side by side along him heading into a corner. I was on the inside line while Charles was on the outside line. Tactically, I pressed on the breaks on the last minute and managed to pass him after a good fight.

Up infront, Lewis and MAX VERSTAPPEN were fighting for 1st while the gap between me and them was about 12 seconds since I had to pit around lap 21.

I wasn't worried that they were too far away nor worried about whoever was behind me. I was worried about my suddenly aching body. It's no secret that every driver's body is sore after a race is different. It felt like I could pass out at any second.

"Ellie, are you alright there?" my engineer, THOMAS FRANK, asked. he must've noticed my vitals drop on the screen in front of him.

"Uh, yeah, yeah. everything is fine." I surprised myself by sounding out of breath. Thankfully though, he didn't push me any further allowing me to concentrate and ignore whatever was wrong with me at the moment.

On lap 49, a safety car was released making all cars slow down. I mentally cheered for Lewis as I saw him still hanging on 1st place.

4 laps later, we were back racing for an intense last few laps. Now that the safety car decreased the gap that was between me and the first two, I was finally involved with their battle.

I was sure that everyone was on the edge of their seats right now as I was on the tail of non other than Max Verstappen, ever so slightly.

This slowed him down as he shifted his focus from Lewis to me. In the distance, Lewis was already zooming and I felt like the team relied on me to bring it back a 1-2. Ignoring the weird sensation I have been feeling for half of this race— probably just my body aching after being poisoned— I pushed on my throttle after exiting a corner. Half of the front of my car length was right beside the back car length of the Redbull in-front of me.

It felt like deja vu when I was side to side with Max along the straights. My eyes caught some people stand up as we approached the corner and— fuck.

Max turned into me.

I was on the inside line, also the racing line and he turned into me snatching part of my front wing off with him.

"What the fuck is this asshole doing?!" I didn't realize I was shouting.

"We're reporting it now, Elyse. You have some wing damage, though, do you think you continue the last 3 laps like this? We can't risk pitting this late."

"What's the gap behind me?" I asked, feeling defeated.

"9.6 seconds and decreasing." Thomas informed me, "Just bring it home, we'll take the points we can get."

"He better get a fucking penalty, fucking hell." I increased my grip on my steering wheel as the adrenaline started to fade and the hazy feeling returned. I just wanted to stop the car and rip the steering wheel off. I'm sure so many people in the garage were expecting a successful 1-2 finish to the start of the season but I demolished all their hopes.

I knew they would never express their disappointment to me face-to-face, except for Toto, since they replace it with looks of sympathy which is something I despise.

As the race ended, I felt nothing. The adrenaline that always coursed through my veins wasn't there, my excitement: absent. Nothing.

Some people would say it's a great recovery after sickness. I mean sure, I'm on the podium but why settle for something less?

"Great job today, Ellie, we know it's not what you wanted but we're all very proud of you." Toto's Austrian accent made it very easy to identify who was speaking. I scoffed at his sugar-coated words but thanked him anyways.

I parked my car in-front of the number 3 sign as I watched Lewis jump into the team's loving arms. While Max did the same. I unbuckled my seatbelt and jumped from on top of the halo.

Lewis pulled me into the team group hug and I managed to put a smile on my face even though nobody could see it despite my sour mood.

He smacked me on my helmet as a 'good job' and opened my visor to look in my eyes since he always stated that eyes speak more than words and he'd want to know how I was feeling after a race.

As if he was expecting an answer from me I nodded in Max's way. I felt him chuckle under his breath, it was nothing new to Lewis since he always battled with Max.

Putting a hand on my shoulder, he lead us to the cool-down room before we had to go out to the podium ceremony.

I knew I couldn't talk shit because of the cameras and I almost did. I put on my 3rd place cap and finished the whole water bottle that given to me.

I sat next to lewis on the 2nd place seat. Not only did I sit there just to be next to him but also just to spite Max who was yet to enter this room. Guess Redbull wanted more time to appreciate their golden boy.

"He's gonna be fuming when he sees you sitting here, you know that right?" Lewis chuckled at my behavior as I shrugged nonchalantly as the screen in-front of us played my crash.

I saw Lewis cringing, "Yikes, he got a penalty for that, no?"

"Nope." I popped the 'p' and before we knew it, the man himself entered the room. With no hellos, he just took his 2nd place cap with a water bottle and towel.

Then he realized I was sitting on the 2nd place seat and looked at the 3rd place seat and nodded at it as if he was ordering me to sit on it. He should be a comedian.

I could feel Lewis' amusement from beside me and I was sure the press would be loving all this footage.

I did nothing but stare at him with the same look he was giving me. It was nothing new that Max and I weren't the friendliest people towards each other.

I mean, ever since we both joined F1 in 2015 and with us being the only 17 year olds on the grid at the time, the press and the constant need to beat each other had resulted to our hatred for each other. In my opinion, we've crashed into each other far too many times I couldn't even count on my two hands.

"Move." he finally spoke.

I shrugged, "Why would I? It's just a seat."

"You've got to earn it to sit on it. Now move." he repeated.

This man was really testing my patience.

A knock on the door informed us that the ceremony was about to start. Lewis and I finally got up from our seats.

I stood in-front of Max while pouting at him sarcastically and whispering, "Maybe don't turn into people next time and then you can sit on your 'deserved' seat."

"IN THIRD PLACE, WE HAVE ELYSE GRACIA OF SPAIN!" I took that as my queue to leave the room and go outside where I'd be receiving my trophy.

A brief smile was planted on my face as I waved to my team who supportively cheered me on. Shortly after Max entered the stage, giving me a side glare which made me smirk since I managed to get on his nerves. Lastly, Lewis appeared making everyone cheer for him including me.

We all received our trophies and champagne and started spraying champagne on each other. Mainly me and Lewis spraying each other as if it was a water fight but with champagne while Max was spilling his champagne on his boss, CHRISTIAN HORNER.

After celebrations and debrief were over, we had one last task and we'd be free to leave; press.

At this point I had changed into a black team shirt and a pair of black flared pants.

"How would you describe today's race in 3 words?" NATALIE PINKHAM asked me.

I smiled as I knew my answer, "Shit."

Natalie laughed, "That's only one word."

"Shit. Shit. And let me think..." I pretended to think, "shit."

Natalie chuckled, "We were all on the edge of our seats when we saw both you and Verstappen along side each other— everyone knows it never ends well with you two." she joked, "Can you explain what happened from your perspective?"

"Honestly, I don't know what happened. In a split second I found a car turning into me. Nothing I could do." I shrugged.

"We asked Max the same question before you and he said you didn't give him enough space, what do you have to say about that?"

"Well, for starters: I did give him enough space. But unfortunately we all know how Max is which is why everyone gives him too much space so when I gave him the normal amount of space it seemed too little to him." I shrugged once again, "However, drivers should know when they do a mistake and when they have the right of way but convincing yourself otherwise to make yourself feel better is another thing." I concluded.

"Thank you alot, Elyse. Great race out there, hopefully better for next time: you're still the reigning world champion." she shot me a wink as I winked back and laughed. I loved that woman.

Not too many interviews later, I was free to leave but I had to wait for Lewis to finish his winner duties. I rolled my eyes just thinking about it, obviously sarcastically I'd never feel bad when Lewis wins and I don't. Despite being each other's biggest rivals we'd never let what happens on track affect what we have off track. In-fact, I was his biggest supporter and he was my biggest supporter.

Finally, after being done, we arrived to the hotel. It was around 9pm and I was exhausted as I was about to jump into the arms of my bed, Lewis was quick to speak up, "Nah-uh-uh, today is my day, we're partying tonight."

I groaned dramatically, "Do we have to? We can just order pizza and fries and watch movies the whole night."

"As much as I love doing that with you, no."

While sighing, I reluctantly agreed, throwing my hopes of sleeping in the trash and heading to shower.

It didn't take too long to shower and get ready. I dressed up, wearing the clothes Lewis picked out for me because he wanted me to look 'Lewi-fied'.

Next thing I know, we were in the car on our way to post-race party. You could tell that the place was designed by talented architects because of how much attention was given to details and how old and modern it seemed in the same time. I stared at the building in awe. I always chose architecture as an alternative if racing didn't work out for me, despite choosing racing; the love is still there.

You could hear the loud music from the enormous speakers from inside and the blinding, different colored lights shining through the cracks between the doors.

Lewis grabbed my hand, pulling me into reality as we entered the place. It was loud, too loud for my liking but it was easy to get used it.

My hand was still interlocked with Lewis's as he lead us through the sweaty crowd into the VIP area. I immediately recognized some drivers. particularly my favorites.

I break my hand free from lewis's and run up to my fellow ferrari friend, CARLOS SAINZ, and jump on his back. Due to his fast reflexes, I didn't fall since he caught me.

"Hey cariño. cuánto tiempo sin verte, tercer lugar!" Carlos greeted me as he set me back on the ground. (hey darling. long time no see, third place!)

"Estoy bien, pero estaré mejor si puedes ayudarme a saltar Max Verstappen." I smiled sweetly. (i'm fine but i'll be better if you can help me jump max verstappen.)

"Aye, chill chica." Carlos raised a warning finger towards me. "You can take your revenge on track, now lets help you blow off some steam and get you some drinks."

"Bien, papá." I rolled my eyes and followed him to the bar. (alright, dad.)

«•»

If someone told me that what Carlos meant by 'some drinks' was a whole bottle of vodka and 4 shots, I would've left the place immediately.

But instead, here I am: dancing like a maniac on the dance floor with this random guy who I can't make out who he is.

I noticed the guy was getting a bit too touchy for my liking so as I was slowly backing away, someone pulled me away suddenly.

I looked up to see a disappointed Charles Leclerc staring at me.

"Ellie, what on earth are you doing?"

"Dancing, what are you doing?" I looked at him skeptically.

"Alright, I'm taking you to lewis." he sighed and pulled me behind him.

"No" I whined, "he's gonna lecture me or something. That guy would seriously be a great but suffocating dad one day."

"Well, who would you like to supervise you, child?" Charles asked and I looked at him with annoyance.

I huffed, "Anyone who isn't Max Verstappen."

«•»

I was sitting with Lando, Daniel and Carlos now. We went back to one of our hotel rooms and decided to have a sleepover. We were playing UNO and I won every round so far.

Even Carlos said it himself, nobody can beat the UNO-nerd. And I'll proudly accept it as a compliment.

"This isn't fair! How many cards do you have stuck up your ass?" Lando asked me with a frown on his face.

"Hmm, let me check." I pretended to search under me and pulled my hand back with a middle finger. "Oh whats this? I think this is for you."

"Fuck off." Lando rolled his eyes.

"Daniel, control your child." I rolled my eyes as well.

"Daniel, tell your friend she's the child." Lando told Daniel.

"But you're literally the same ag—"

"Daniel, tell your child to zip it, lock it and put it in it's pocket." I told Daniel.

"Daniel, tell your friend that I am not an 'it'."

"Daniel—"

"OK, ENOUGH CHILDREN." Daniel clapped his hands and shushed us. I've got to say, he reminded me of my 5th grade english teacher trying to calm the class down.

I huffed and sat right next to carlos, "Carlando doesn't exist. Only Ellos does." I stuck my tongue out.

"You little—"

"¿Què? No puedo oírte." I cupped my ears as I pretended to try and listen. (what? I can not hear you)

"He was my teammate, you guys have never been teammates. Beat that." Lando challenged.

"I've known him for longer than you have, suck my dick." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"You're the most annoying Spanish person I've ever met." Lando narrowed his eyes at me.

"I would say that you're the most annoying Brit I know—and you are— but I prefer Aussies so who cares." I winked at Daniel.

Lando and I started a mini staring competition but ended up laughing at the end while Carlos and Daniel looked at each other silently asking the other, 'what's wrong with these two'.

"Son solo cosas de adolescentes. Estoy seguro de que no lo entenderías por la edad que tienes." I patted Carlos's shoulder. (its just teenage stuff. im sure you wouldn't understand because of how old you are."

"Vete a la mierda." Carlos tugged at me with a smile on his face. (fuck off.)

"Can you guys stop talking in Spanish, it makes me worry you're talking shit about us." Lando crossed his arms around his chest with a pout like a child. "The only spanish I know is IGCSE spanish and that's barely anything."

"Pobre niño pequeño." I taunted him. (poor little boy.)

"Adivina qué." a broken spanish accent spoke and I was surprised to hear it coming from daniel.

Carlos and I's heads have never snapped towards someone's direction this fast.

"YOU AND SPANISH??"
"YOU CAN SPEAK SPANISH?"

Carlos and I spoke in the same time. It was a shocker, honestly.

"Si, es muy parecido al italiano, así que es un poco fácil. Aunque nadie lo sabe." despite Daniel's broken Spanish, his vocabulary and grammar were amazing. (yes, it's very similar to italian, so it's a bit easy. although no one knows.)

"Eso es genial, estoy orgulloso de ti hermano." Carlos gave him a thumbs up. (thats great, i'm proud of you bro.)

"Aquí igual." (same here.)

"I'm feeling left out so you guys owe me £1000, pay up." Lando spoke up, being the child he is.

"Does anyone hear that?" I asked Carlos and Daniel, "It sounds like an annoying fly, going buzz buzz. Maybe open the windows so it can get out."

Everyone but Lando laughed.

Man, I love bullying this kid.

«•»

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 452 45
When the first female F1 driver is announced, no one expects her to get on so badly with Ferrari golden boy Charles Leclerc, but do they really hate...
360K 8.2K 50
~ '𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫' ~ ❝You know I'll w...
77.8K 1.3K 27
❝ we don't talk enough, we should open up, before it's all too much ❞ *೨⋆*✩▀ two drivers two teams two feeli...
2.2K 133 18
A job as media manager in formula one..... sounds like a dream come true to Lydia Adams. So why not apply.... What's the worst thing that could happe...