Loving You

By Unspokenlove12

Dr. Abhimanyu Birla meets Akshara Singhania in the most unexpected of places - the Bar but strikes up one of... More

Chapter 1 - Akshara - Bottoms Up
Chapter 2 - Akshara - Shared Feelings
Chapter 3 - Abhimanyu - Existing Not Living
Chapter 4 - Akshara - Running Late
Chapter 5 - Abhimanyu - Panic Attack
Chapter 6 - Abhimanyu - The Interview
Chapter 7 - Akshara - The Offer
Chapter 8 - Akshara - First Day
Chapter 9 - Abhimanyu - Jealousy?
Chapter 10 - Akshara - Anger Talks
Chapter 11 - Akshara - Midnight Rendevous
Chapter 12 - Akshara - Tea Anyone?
Chapter 13 - Abhimanyu - New Feelings
Chapter 14 - Abhimanyu - "I'm Not Okay"
Chapter 15 - Abhimanyu - Friends? Friends.
Chapter 16 - Akshara - Coconut
Chapter 17 - Abhimanyu - Loyalty
Chapter 18 - Akshara - Maybe
Chapter 19 - Abhimanyu - Turn Tables
Chapter 20 - Akshara - Arrow to the Heart
Chapter 21 - Akshara - Mission: Failed
Chapter 23 - Abhimanyu - Date Night
Chapter 24 - Abhimanyu - Confession Time
Chapter 25 - Akshara - A New Day
Chapter 26 - Abhimanyu - Slow Realizations
Chapter 27 - Akshara - Breakfast in Bed
Chapter 28 - Abhimanyu - The Truth
Chapter 29 - Abhimanyu - Full Circle
Chapter 30 - Akshara - Deja Vu
Chapter 31 - Akshara - Heightened Senses
Chapter 32 - Abhimanyu - The Decision
Chapter 33 - Abhimanyu - Changed Man
Chapter 34 - Akshara - Airplanes
Chapter 35 - Abhimanyu - Day Off
Chapter 36 - Abhimanyu - Akshit Gadhvi
Chapter 37 - Abhimanyu - Birthday Boy
Chapter 38 - Akshara - Ice Cream Topped with Raindrops
Chapter 39 - Akshara - In Sickness and in Health
Chapter 40 - Abhimanyu - Destination: Los Angeles
Chapter 41 - Akshara - Cocktail Hour
Chapter 42 - Abhimanyu - Old Flames
Chapter 43 - Akshara - Memories
Chapter 44 - Abhimanyu - The Goenkas
Chapter 45 - Abhimanyu - The Confrontation
Chapter 46 - Akshara - The Reunion
Chapter 47 - Akshara - The Proposal

Chapter 22 - Akshara - Playing Cupid

1.7K 136 20
By Unspokenlove12

Abhimanyu waved his hand in my face to gain back my lost attention.

"Akshara...? Hello?"

"Oh right! I...I..."

"Go on...I what?"

"I just wanted to know if you had fun at bowling the other night."

"Yes. Yes I did. Did you?"

No. No, I didn't. "Of course! Why wouldn't I?"

"Okay...and? Anything else?" He questioned, pointedly, clearly getting tired of beating around the bush.

"Nope. Nope. Nothing. Okay. I'll leave now. Bye!" I turned on my heels and began to walk out of his cabin when my phone vibrated in my pocket. Again. For what would possibly be the nth time.

Damn! I had to be a good friend to Reet too. I closed my eyes, made a small prayer to Kahnaji and turned around to face Abhimanyu again. He looked up at me, confused by my indecisiveness. Trust me. I was confused too.

"Actually. There is something else."

He raised his eyebrows at me, gesturing for me to continue.

"What'd you think of my friends? Did you like them?"

"Oh yeah, they were nice."

"Just nice?" I probed further, hoping that he would just tell me what I wanted to know without me having to churn it out of him.

He looked up at me strangely as if I had just lost all my marbles. And honestly, I did feel as if I was in some foreign body. And that I was going to fall sick any moment now. Oh gosh, maybe I needed to go to hospital. Get myself on some IV fluids.

"Yeah, nice. Fun. Entertaining. Why? Did they say something? Do they not like me?"

"Oh, they like you alright. They like you a lot." I couldn't help but feel snarky thinking about Reet.

"Oh, okay." He replied, not fully convinced by her reply.

"So...what did you think of Reet?" Yes, Akshara. Very subtle.

"Reet?" Abhimanyu questioned as if trying to remember who Reet was. The audacity of this man to act like he didn't know who she was as if he hadn't spent the entire night with his arms wrapped around her. Jerk!

I plastered a fake smile on my face. Fine. Two could play this game. "Yeah! You remember, Reet. The ophthalmologist?! The one you gave bowling tips to?" The one whose hands you held like a lovesick puppy while teaching her how to bowl?

"Oh...you mean the same Reet you left me hanging with, on purpose, the one that I had to drop home because of you?"

My cheeks flushed as he called out me on my behaviour from the other night. Yeah well, I was mad. What did he expect?! "Yes. That Reet." I grit out, trying to maintain the ounce of sanity that I had left.

"She's nice I suppose. Funny. Beautiful too. I had fun hanging out with her." He replied, shrugging his shoulders.

I looked around his office to find something —anything that I could use to bash his head into. "Oh, well, she also thinks you are very funny, and charming." And hot. "Cute too."

Abhimanyu raised his eyebrows at my words, his curiosity peaking through. "Does she?"

Wait?! Did that mean he was interested in her too?! Noooo! My worst nightmare was coming true!

"Uh huh. Yep." I nodded my head frantically, my voice squeaking. Malfunctioning. My brain was starting to malfunction.

"And...," he asked, not at all willing to put me out of my misery.

"And she...she was wondering if you'd be interested in going to dinner with her. Just the two of you."

"Like a date?"

"Yes. A date." I grit out.

"And you're okay with it? With me going out on a date with Reet, I mean?" He asked, trying to gage my reaction.

Poker face, Akshara. Poker face. "Yes. Why would I have a problem with you dating my friend?"

"And why didn't she ask me herself?" He asked, clearing his throat as he leaned back in his chair, giving me his full attention.

"She felt embarrassed, I guess. She thought that since I knew you better then I'd be able to convince you, somehow?" What the hell was I even saying? Everything coming out of my mouth felt like gibberish at this point.

"Do you though?" He pointed out. "Know me better that is?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused. What sort of question was it even?

He shook his head, waving me off. "Nothing. So are you sure you don't have a problem with me dating Reet?"

"Date. It's just a date. Singular." I corrected. Wishing quietly that it just stayed at that. A date.

"But...in the future if we did end up dating..."

I inhaled sharply, my stomach tingling at his words and my heart beating so loud that I was sure even he could hear it from the across the desk. "We?"

"Reet and I." Oh.

"Then I won't have any issues. In fact I would be happy. Very happy."

"Would you?" He challenged.

I nodded my head. "Thrilled."

He didn't believe my words. How could he? I didn't believe my words either. "Okay then, yes." He sat up straight as he began organizing the papers on his desk.

"Yes?" I confirmed, making sure I had heard him correctly.

"Yes. Yes, I'll go on a date with her." He reaffirmed.

"Okay, great. I'll let her know."

"Okay, great. So tomorrow, around 7 should be good?"

"Yes. That should be good."

"Great."

"Do you need her number?" I asked, hoping somewhere that he was just pulling my leg and that he actually didn't want to go on a date with Reet.

"Don't bother. I have it. She gave it to me when I dropped her home."

Did she? Had they been texting? "So, you'll text her then? About the date?"

He looked up at me, a strange look clouding his eyes. "Yes. I will. Anything else?"

I shook my head. "Nope. Nothing."

"Okay. Good night, Akshara."

"Goodnight, Abhimanyu." I responded before leaving Abhimanyu to his on accord.

~*~

It was Saturday evening, 6:30pm and I was sitting cross legged on my bed, scarfing down an entire tub of cookie dough ice cream as Reet flipped through my closet looking for a dress to wear for her date with Abhimanyu.

I scooped up the ice cream in the spoon and stuffed it in my mouth, munching down on it and letting small melted bits of it drip on the side of my mouth. The bags under my eyes were proof that I hadn't slept the entire night worrying about all the endless possibilities of how their date could end.

I grimaced thinking about Reet and Abhimanyu together. Would there be a follow up date? Would they hug? Would they kiss? Would the date possibly end up with them in bed, together?

"Don't you think you should slow down on eating the ice cream Aksh?" Reet asked, peeking her head out of the bathroom.

"It's my ice cream and so I'll eat however much of it as I want." I bit out. I had been so anxious about this date that I hadn't even been able to enjoy my ice cream properly

"Okay. I just don't want you getting sick." She called out.

"Don't worry. I won't." I hoped.

"How do I look?" Reet asked, stepping out of the bathroom wearing an emerald green strapless pencil dress that hugged her curves at all the right places.

Yup. I was going to be sick. "Good! You look beautiful." I replied, taking a deep breath as to not regurgitate the spoonful of ice cream I had just inhaled.

"Do you think he'll like it?"

"Yes." My answer was quick. I just wanted her to leave.

"Is my makeup okay?" She asked as she turned around to check herself out in the full body length mirror in my room.

"Yes." I forced myself to grit out just as the doorbell rang.

Saved by the bell! I bolted out of my room and dashed to open the front door. I flung the front door open to see Abhimanyu standing there carrying a bouquet of pink roses wearing a pair of grey trousers and a button up half sleeve, making every single vein and muscle stand out. His hair was slicked back while a pair of loafers graced his feet.

I looked down at myself, standing braless wearing a pale pink tank top and a pair of matching tiny booty shorts with my unwashed, tangled hair pulled up in a loose messy bun. I crossed my arms over my chest and shut the door on Abhimanyu's face faster than I had opened it.

I leaned my back against the door, trying to catch my breath. And my stupid breasts. What was the point —pun that they intended to prove by choosing this exact moment to make their presence known?

"Who is it?" Reet asked, stepping into the main foyer.

"What is Abhimanyu doing here?" I whispered harshly.

"Oh, he's here to pick me up."

"And you didn't think to tell me? I'm practically half naked here!" I crossed my arms over my chest to prove my point.

"Oh sorry, I thought I told you!"

"Reet!" I warned.

"Sorry! But can you open the door at least. It's rude to have him standing outside."

I crossed my arms over my chest and opened the door for Abhimanyu. I peeked around the door, hiding as much of my bare body as possible. I could see a grin tease the corners of his lips as his eyes danced on the toes of mischief.

"Hi." I squealed.

He cleared his throat, "Hi." He greeted, trying his best to suppress is laughter.

"Hi Abhimanyu. Are these for me?" Reet stepped up to the door, breaking our eye contact.

"Ah yes. For you:" He handed her the bouquet of roses.

"Thank you." She replied. "They smell amazing."

"You look beautiful." He said looking at me before turning to glance at Reet, barely.

"Thank you." Was she blushing?

He looked back at me before turning back to her. "Shall we go?"

"Yes, we shall" She turned around to face me. "Bye, Akshara." She waved to me.

"Goodbye, Akshara." Abhimanyu gave me one last look before turning on his heels and leaving with Reet.

"Bye! Have fun." I yelled into the distance as I shut and locked the door tightly, behind them.

Yes. Time to drown myself in ice cream and sad romantic movies. I didn't even know why their date was impacting me so much. It's not like I was jealous or anything.

Me? Jealous?! Never. Not even in my wildest dreams. Akshara Goenka never got jealous. Ever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 1.4K 32
Akshara and Abhimanyu journey from childhood enemies to friends. And how friendship turns into love. This story is gonna be rollar coaster ride of ab...
188K 12.5K 48
Abhimanyu Birla. The Bad Boy of University. A highly intelligent student but is arrogant, proud, superior and has major ego issues. Gets into fights...
31.5K 2.1K 13
COMPLETED Story of Abhira 2.0 | Abhimanyu x Akshara ♡♡♡ Story of Abhira's separation and what lies beyond... ♡♡♡ #1 in HC (as on 4/12/22) #1 in PR (a...
79.7K 3.8K 40
This is an Abhira fanfiction The story starts after their tilak. Finally Abhira Tilak happened... Akshara & Abhimanyu are offically bound in a rishta...