The Bad Batch: A Heart-breaki...

By betheyes

One of the batchers has been acting strange according to Omega but the brothers don't acknowledge it. So Omeg... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Final Chapter

Chapter 3

141 2 1
By betheyes

Silence filtered the house even after the three officers left and Crosshair popped upstairs to his and Hunter's room to put his stuff away. Echo and Tech decided to crash in the living room inviting Wrecker, Omega and Hera for a movie night, they all knew none of them were sleeping tonight. Furthermore, Hunter and Crosshair needed privacy. So they had upstairs to yell at each other or whatever they wanted. 

Hunter sighed, opening the door to his room, he closed it behind him and found Crosshair sitting on the edge of the bed, the marksman had a look of ‘lost’ in his eyes. It was clear to Hunter they had been drifting apart for sometime, he can’t remember the last time the two had an actual conversation that didn’t end in arguing and someone walking out. 

“Cross?” 

“If you want me to go, just say it and I will leave” 

“Do you want to go?” Hunter asked in shock that Crosshair would even suggest that type of question. 

“No” 

“Then no one is leaving, understand” Hunter asked, bringing Crosshairs chin up so their eyes met each other. “Why didn’t you tell me?” “It was three months ago” “Crosshair it wouldn’t matter if it was three years ago. I am always here for you, you should know that” Hunter scolded his husband who nodded in acknowledgement before wrapping his arms around Hunter’s waist. “I’m sorry, it’s just hard” Crosshair mumbled into Hunter’s shirt, his lover just pulled him close. “I know but we can try again, do you remember what Kix said?'' It wasn’t a question, more a statement, Crosshair nodded. Although receiving acknowledgement of Crosshair, Hunter still continued, “Kix told us he wouldn’t survive due to the illness he had gotten. No one knows how he had the illness but truth be told Lucas was never going to see the light of day and you know that love” Hunter reassured Crosshair who grimaced he knew the truth was hard but did it have to be this hard. Hunter's words of reassurance seemed to ease tension from the room.

After a few moments the two pulled away, Hunter gave Crosshair a stern look. “Now, tell me why you lied to us all. You told us and I quote, ‘I am done with the jobs from Cham, I can’t do it anymore’. Cross why and please tell me the truth” Hunter asked with a glare in his features. Crosshair shook his head, “I…I…” “Take a deep breath and think of your response otherwise you're sleeping on the roof tonight” Hunter’s words hit his core. Crosshair nodded, taking a deep breath, “I wanted to feel useful, after Lucas I just couldn’t ditch anybody in need. So I took up odd jobs but soon enough they turned into more jobs and then I found myself too deep. I contacted Cody explaining briefly my situation. He told me to pull the plug but then dad died and Hera was the last straw for me. I just wanted to get revenge but I didn’t think about the impacts of it all on you guys. I know I still get strange looks when dropping Omega off at school and it's my fault that we had to go into hiding. I know my status of being the most wanted batcher in the universe doesn’t help us. But now with Tarkin rumoured to be alive and I’m gathering he knows I’m alive and I…I…I just don’t know what to do. I can’t let Tech get hurt again, I will never forgive myself” Crosshair explained with defeat in his tone, tears slipped down his face. 

Hunter sighed as he ran a hand through his hair, kneeling down brown eyes met silver, “Cross listen to me very carefully. I know you are worried about everything and are the most stubborn person I know but you don’t have to bottle your feelings up, I am here for anything. Do me a favour for now on no lying, understand” Crosshair nodded remaining silent, he knew Hunter was not finished yet. “I understand your point with Tarkin but you must understand this. He will not hurt you anymore, he was a coward for leaving you and setting you up. If he does come near you or one of the others, he must remember there is a whole army on his back if he so much looks in your direction” Hunter finished while taking his upset husband in his arms, “So, the question is are you alright with us?”. Crosshair looked up in surprise, he wore a thoughtful expression for a few minutes, “Yes Hunter I am but I must apologise for my actions these past few months, I haven’t been able to spend as much time with you as….” Crosshair was cut off by lips connecting with his. Crosshair reached up pulling Hunter towards him until Crosshairs back hit the mattress and Hunter was practically on top of him, the two continued to kiss until there was no oxygen between them. Hunter pressed into Crosshair, using his knee he split Crosshairs legs apart, the marksman smirking at his lover as they continued to explore each other.

A knock on the door interrupted their makeout session, Hunter jumped to his feet pulling Crosshair up who grumbled but refixed his top. Moving over to the door, Hunter opened it to see two teenage girls smiling back at him. “Omega, Hera. What can I do for you?” Hunter asked with a smile, he leaned slightly on the doorframe hiding Crosshair a little from view. Hera looked at Omega as she spoke, “We were wondering if you and Crosshair would join us for a movie night, the others were too scared to come and ask, Wrecker quoted ‘Makeout train is leaving the station’, but I just…” Hera couldn’t finish as tears began to build again as she thought about her family.  “We will be right there, just give us a few minutes girls” Hunter hugged the two to his sides, it brought to happy faces. Hunter watched the two girls run down the stairs before he turned around and frowned when he didn’t see Crosshair. However, his frown was shortly turned into a look of concern when the pale marksman staggered into the room from the bathroom. “Cross” Hunter’s shout of his name made Crosshair look up, the marksman shook his head. “It’s nothing” “Doesn’t look like nothing to me, what’s going on?”. 

Crosshair shook his head with a sigh, the marksman handed over something he was holding tightly in his hand, Hunter took it and opened the handkerchief, whatever was wrapped in the piece of cloth must have been important to be this hidden. A gasp left his throat when he saw two lines on a…pregnancy test. “CROSS!” A happy cry left Hunter’s mouth as he swept Crosshair into his arms in a bridal carry. Crosshair laughed for once clinging to his love, their happiness must have been heard from downstairs as someone shouted up, “Are you guys alright! I don’t hear any yelling!”. Crosshair laughed, his money was on Wrecker. Hunter smirked, placing Crosshair on his own two feet. Hunter grabbed his own hoodie and passed it to Crosshair who put it on and changed into a pair of sweatpants mirroring his love. 

The two were about to leave the room when Crosshair stopped Hunter. 

“What is it, Cross?” Hunter noticed that his husband looked nervous, “You can tell me anything, you know that love” Crosshair rolled his eyes hearing the pet name, he ignored it. “After dad’s funeral on Saturday, will you pop a message with me later on before the party”. Hunter nodded, wrapping an arm around Crosshairs shoulders, “Of course”. Crosshair smirked, shoving Hunter slightly as held his partner's hand and walked down the stairs. 

“It’s about time!” Wrecker whined from where he slumped against the back of the sofa with the two girls. Echo smirked coming into the room with snacks and Tech who carried the drinks to the coffee table that was pushed to the side in reach of Wrecker and the girls. Hera smirked seeing a more relaxed Crosshair who nodded in her direction. The marksman was looking happier than normal and it was starting to freak Wrecker out, Echo looked up at him with Tech and saw the genuine smile on the marksman's face. From the looks of it Tech and Echo couldn’t believe that the man in front of them was the one who half the time killed for a living. Crosshair was aware of the stares but he just allowed Hunter to direct him to the floor, the two weren’t bothered by the looks instead Hunter rested against Wreckers legs and pulled Crosshair into his chest.

“What are we watching?” Hunter asked the two giggling girls. 

“We are going to watch ‘The Lion King’, Echo says it was grandpa’s favourite film so in honour of him, we were going to watch it but if it's too much, we can watch something else?” Omega explained, she felt Wrecker’s arm tighten her when Hunter frowned. “Good choice girls” Crosshairs voice rang around the room. The others looked at him in confusion but the two girls just smiled. Hunter frowned slightly as he pulled the docile marksman closer, Crosshair only grunted in acknowledgement. 

About two hours later, the two girls had gone to sleep in Wreckers arms while Crosshair had nodded off in Hunters, the ex-sergeant holding him close. “Okay, what’s going on? He’s never this happy, not to mention he has just lost his dad” Echo asked the question they had all been wondering, Tech nodded beside his husband looking at Hunter thoughtfully. Wrecker gave his brother a nudge who sighed, “We talked and discussed a few things but he thought I was going to kick him out but once we got over that. He shared some good news with me and although it's probably not at the best time since you know with 99s passing but it's giving Cross a chance to look towards the future” Hunter explained, adjusting Crosshair across his lap, the marksman gave a grumble but quickly settled. “Oh! So he’s not doing drugs again?” Tech asked, he and Echo shared a knowing look. “I hope not'' Hunter said looking down at Crosshair whose eyes opened slightly, “Na! Cross would never do that'' Wrecker half whispered half shouted. “Dad?” Omega’s sweet voice broke through the conversation as she yawned. Hunter looked up, “Yeah Megs''. “Is Crosshair alright?” Hunter manoeuvred himself slightly to look up towards his daughter, “He is…” Hunter was cut off when Crosshair suddenly jumped to his feet and made his way over to the window. 

“Cross what is it?!” Echo shouted coming to a stand, the marksman didn’t answer as he reached for a hidden pistol that was in the vase of flowers, it was an emergency gun. Crosshair had stashed over the years, the others scolded him for but it was quite useful in times of need. Crosshair turned to the group and brought a finger to his lips, Hunter turned the TV off which brought silence to the room. However, it did give them all a chance to hear a noise outside, “Do you really think he lives there, like really?”Crosshair moved away from the window and more towards the door. 

Not even a minute later, the door was slammed open and two individuals entered or tried to. They soon found themselves in a fight with one furious marksman. “Woah! Settle down! We are only looking for someone!” A voice cried out prompting the other members of Clone Force 99 to get up leaving Echo alone with Hera and Omega. 

Hunter, Tech and Wrecker soon found themselves outside. There on the floor in front of them was Crosshair with his pistol aimed at a man’s throat while the other held their own pistol at his husband. Hunter instantly recognised the two, “Crosshair! Stand Down! Now!” Hunter ordered, Crosshair looked back at him like he was crazy but Hunter just shook his head and crossed his arms. A grumble left Crosshairs throat as he turned to walk back towards the rest of the batch, Hunter pulled him behind him. “Mind telling me what you are doing back here this late?” Hunter asked while Tech shined a light directly at the two intruders. A sheepish Fives and Rex were standing before them, Rex helping Fives up and off the floor, “We just found some news and I think you should hear it from us before…” A revving of an engine caught them all off guard, Hunter visibly had to tighten his grip on Crosshair to stop the marksman from lashing out, “...you hear it from him” Fives finished just as Cody and Obi-one climbed out the car in front of them. 

“CROSSHAIR!” Cody’s yell made them all look up. “You better explain this now!” Cody ordered as he slammed a piece of paper into Crosshairs chest, the marksman looked down at it and grimaced. Anger clouded his vision, “It was none of your business!” Crosshair argued back, he shrugged off Hunter and Wrecker’s hands as he took a step forward, “Of course it's my business, if a team member of mine is…” Cody never finished as Crosshair walked straight past him towards his bike, “Cross!” Hunter shouted running up and catching the marksman’s arm, “let go Hunter!” Crosshair grunted out in warning, Hunter however didn’t as he instead wrapped his arms tightly around Crosshairs. The paper long forgotten, it had been dropped earlier. Fives was quick to snatch it up and set it on fire which meant none of them could read it. Crosshair nodded in thanks when Hunter walked him back over to the group. 

“Fives!” Rex called out watching his partner stomp the flames out of the dead paper now. 

“What! Cody had no right! I don’t care if he is my boss! He had no right!” Fives called out as he walked over to Cody, “This is not your news to share, understand!” Fives threatened Cody who nodded, he was rubbing his forehead in shame. Crosshair refused to answer any questions, “Now that we have passed that, the reason we have come down is to warn you all. Tarkin and Nala Se have been spotted down in town. Tarkin is here on what he calls a ‘vacation’ but we also know he is looking for his daughter. So if you have any information on it, please let us know” Obi one explained while his husband paced behind him in anger. Cody was not pleased and the glare he was receiving from Fives made the ex-commander feel a bit guilty. 

“Where abouts in town?” Wrecker asked as he lay a gentle hand on Crosshairs shoulder, the marksman leaning into the giant slightly to help calm himself down. “Near the hospital and the school. We have agents in the area since Hera and Omega will be back in school next week but its just to warn you all especially you Crosshair” Obi one explained looking at the bad batch, his eyes lingered on Tech’s a little longer but a grunt made him look up to see Crosshair had taken a step forward slightly. “Crosshair please refrain from using weapons as maybe next time, I will have to arrest you for an assault on an officer, not that I blame you. I would attack him to” Obi one jokes, Crosshair just nodded ignoring the two officers staring back at him as he walked over to Fives and dropped something into his hand. “Friday night don’t be late” Crosshair whispered to him, Fives smiled as he walked over to his car with Rex. 

Hunter and Wrecker shared a look as they said their goodbyes and headed into the house with Tech about to follow when a hand grabbed his wrist. “Can we talk?” Crosshair asked gently as he sat down on the deck of the porch. Tech took a minute to say, “Yes”. Crosshair smiled, “Thanks. I know this probably won’t mean much but I’m sorry for all the shit I have caused you, I do try but sometimes, I’m just not good enough. I’m sorry for not being able to save dad and not ringing you straight away, I thought you’d be disappointed and want nothing to do with me…” Crosshair stopped himself as he tried to get his emotions in check, sadly he couldn’t and thankfully Tech picked up on it as the engineer pulled his younger twin into his arms and cried with him. The two not having a chance to mourn the loss of their dad. 

At some point Hunter and Echo made their ways outside only to smile at what they found, two brothers asleep leaning against each other in the cold night with the stars shining down on them, the lights lighting up the sky while two brothers slept soundly, dreaming the night away. Happy smiles on their faces as memories came to surface, Tech’s arms wrapped around Crosshair’s waist while the marksman remained sitting up with Tech using his brother as a pillow. Echo made sure to take a few pictures before he and Hunter picked their lovers up and headed inside to crash for the night. They decided to all sleep in the living room together, to be there for one another in these dire times.

I would just ignore my updates! Down here! XD, Updates are on their way! It seems people are enjoying this! So I am going to update it in my free time!
Please be Patient, Thank you! :) ;-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 146 28
*I do not own any Star Wars characters or the Star Wars storyline, I own my stories and I used a collage app for the cover* The book we've all been w...
185K 6.2K 122
I'm obsessed with TBB (Dad Batch). This show means everything to me and I'm so sad it's over. I entered high school with the batch and I ended high...
9.8K 279 26
What starts off as a snarky blind date that takes a surprising turn... continues as a ridiculous excuse to write some spicy smut for Crosshair. He li...
76.2K 1.8K 34
Delta. That is what they choose to call her. Delta is a bounty hunter who has been assigned a very special mission.... to protect the Clone, Ome...