Blink and you'll miss it

By Tonkatsu__

Hi. It me the author. I like RWBY, I also like reading fan fiction. Figured I'd try it out my self. I did thi... More

Bio
Chapter 1: Not so Little Red... Scythe...
Chapter 2: Making friends?
Chapter 3: WOOO SLEEP OVER!
Chapter 4: Falling very very fast!
Chapter 5: Tis but a scratch!
Chaoter 6: Pieces in play
Chapter 7: A new team
Chapter 8: One of the boys
Chapter 9: One of the boys pt2
Chapter 10: True strength
Filler: Surprise!
Chapter 11: Not something to be ashamed of
Chapter 12: I'm sorry.
Vol. 2 Chapter 1: FOOOOOD FIIIIIGHT!!
Vol. 2 Chapter 2: Just say it...
Vol. 2 Chapter 3: Plans in motion
Vol. 2 Chapter 4: The plan falls apart
Vol. 2 Chapter 5: Unrequitted
Message from me to you
Vol. 2 Chapter 6: A moment of rest
Vol. 2 Chapter 7: The night they remember
Vol. 2 Chapter 8: The coolest History teacher in... history...
Vol. 2 Chapter 9: Never a dull moment...
Vol. 2 Chapter 10: For Vale
Filler: Boys night
Vol 3 Chapter 1: Fight
Vol. 3 Chapter 2: Family
Vol. 3 Chapter 3: The question
Vol. 3 Chapter 4: Fairy tale.
Vol. 3 chapter 5: The night they want to forget
Vol. 4 Chapter 0: A rough patch.
Vol. 4 Chapter 1: Life goes on
Vol. 4 chapter 2: The long road
Vol. 4 Chapter 3: Rogue Encounter
Vol. 4 Chapter 4: Savior
Vol. 4 Chapter 5: For myself
Vol. 5 Chapter 1: Mistral
Vol. 5 Chapter 2: Huh?
Vol. 5 Chapter 3: But at what cost?
Vol. 5 Chapter 4: Almost whole again.
Vol. 5 Chapter 5: Early bird
Vol. 5 Chapter 6: First blood
Vol. 5 Chapter 7: Hate
Vol. 5 Chapter 8: For Haven
Vol. 5 Chapter 9: The hardest battle yet
Vol. 6 Chapter 1: Motherfuckin Grimm on this Motherfuckin Train!!
Vol. 6 Chapter 2: Long way
Vol. 6 chapter 3: Side quest begins
Vol. 6 Chapter 4: What are we doing
Vol. 6 Chapter 5: IS THAT THE GRIM REAPER?!
Vol. 6 Chapter 6: High tension
Vol. 6 Chapter 7: Reconciliation
Vol. 6 Chapter 8: Operation Yoink
Vol. 6 Chapter 9: Brothers
Vol. 7 Chapter 1: A warm welcome

Prologue

5.3K 70 13
By Tonkatsu__

A 13 year old boy opens his eyes face down on the floor. There's cheering in the background. He slowly gets to his hands and knees looking down at his hands.

???: Call off the match. You can't continue the way you are now. There's always next year.

He looks up to see his opponent across the ring, her shield raised and spear ready to strike. Her fiery red hair tied back and a serious look on her face.

He laughs to himself.

grabbing his Katana from the ground he uses it to help himself stand.

Boy: "You know as well as I do, if I said that now it would just be an excuse."

Announcer: "WHAT'S THIS?! EVEN AFTER ALL THAT HE STANDS BACK UP!"

He holds his blade in a basic kendo stance watching his opponents every move.

The girl smiles slightly.

Girl: "I like your determination. I'm Pyrrha Nikos."

The boy smiles

Boy: "(y/n) Sato."

The two rush each other and swing.

Time skip brought to you by Chibi y/n knocked out on the floor with a victorious Pyrrha standing while everyone cheers.

News reporter: "Congratulations on your victory Miss Nikos! This was your first time participating in the Mistral Regional Tournament yet you managed to come out on top of some very tough competition."

Pyrrha stands In front of the reporter's mic wearing a gold medal and holding a bouquet of flowers.

Pyrrha: "Yes it was a wonderful experience to compete and I'm lucky to have beaten all of the fine fighters that participated this year."

Reporter: "There have been whispers floating around of you being called 'the invincible girl' by many of the viewers and we can't help but agree seeing as you managed to win most of your fights without taking a single hit. However due to this many people believe that there was foul play or cheating involved. How do you respond to these rumors?"

Pyrrha: "I- uh..."

Seeing that she was uncomfortable not knowing what to say. (y/n) wearing a silver medal, face  covered in bandages, walked into frame pulling the mic from the reporter.

(Y/n): "Call her what ever you want, say she cheated."

Seeing her turn away looking sad he continued.

(Y/n): "That just sounds like some BS a sore loser would say."

She looked up at him in surprise

(Y/n): "Bottom line is I got my ass kicked out there today. She's just that much better than me."

Still holding the mic he turned to look at her with a smile.

(Y/n): "All that means is I have to get better and better until I can beat her. So Pyrrha?"

She gave him a questioning look.

(Y/n): "Will the people of Mistral be seeing you next year?"

Pyrrha finally smiled

Pyrrha: "Absolutely. I'll be here."

the reporter then takes the mic back.

Reporter: "thank you contestant Sato. Up next the leader of the Faunus rights movement the white Fang stepped down this evening...."

(Y/n) begins walking away letting the voice of the reporter slowly fade in the distance.

???: "wait!"

(Y/n) turns around with a raised eyebrow to see Pyrrha running up to him.

Pyrrha: "What about you?"

(Y/n): "what about me?"

Pyrrha: "Will you be here next year?"

(Y/n) chuckled to himself

(Y/n): "Just to get my ass kicked again in front over everyone? No no I don't think I will."

Pyrrha's smile fell into a look of shock

Pyrrha: "But all the stuff you said about getting better until you can... did you not mean it..."

She looked sad. But then she heard laughing. Looking at (y/n) she could see he was laughing very hard.

Pyrrha: "SO YOU LIED?!"

He stops laughing and looks right at her

(Y/n): "No. I believe every word I said to you and to the camera."

Pyrrha: "then-"

He put a hand up to stop her

(Y/n): "I won't be much, if any, better next year or maybe even the year after that and I know you'll only get better from here. So I'll train and work hard until I'm sure I'm ready. We may not be students by the time it happens but one day I'll catch you...."

He turns away to walk down the hall waving behind him at her

(Y/n): "and when that time comes you better not have been slacking off..."

He turns his head grinning eyes full of determination.

(Y/n): "you hear me 'invincible girl'?"

She grins back

Pyrrha: "When that time comes, I won't lose then either. Promise me one thing though."

Now it was his turn to be confused. Turning around fully he faced the red head.

Pyrrha: "win or lose you'll compete in the last year we're eligible for the tournament."

(Y/n): "Hah! You're on Spartan."

He turns to walk away while she does the same. Both of their faces are ones of smiling determined warriors. They both only had one thought on their mind.

Pyrrha: In three years...

(Y/n): In three years...

(Y/n) and Pyrrha: I'll prove I'm the strongest!

Three year time skip brought to you by chibi (y/n) building his sword, training, doing push ups, running, etc.

Mistral Regional Tournament building

Sign up station.

10:04 AM

Standing in front of the desk is a deathly pale (y/n) who looks like he died of shock while standing on his feet.

The sign atop the unoccupied desk says 'All sign ups must be submitted by 10:00 am. NO EXCEPTIONS!'

(Y/n) falls on his back his ghost leaving his mouth

Random passerby: "SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE THIS KID IS DYING!!"

Random passerby 2: "STAY WITH US KID HELP IS ON THE WAY!!"

(Y/n) just lies there on the floor laughing to himself under his breath like an idiot.

A/n: I've always felt really bad for Pyrrha she just felt so alone. So I figured if I could make a character I would want someone who could be like a friend/rival I guess. If not someone who at least knew Pyrrha and befriended her before Beacon even if he's kinda dumb.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 57.5K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...
1.7M 62.2K 43
" Wtf is wrong with you, can't you sleep peacefully " " I-Its pain..ning d-down there, I can't...s-sleep " " JUST SLEEP QUIETLY & LET ME ALSO SLEEP...
76.9K 2K 30
Izuku Midoriya, neglected and bullied due to his lack of a quirk, endured abuse from his family and friends, especially his twin sister Izumi and Kat...
820K 32.9K 38
On that fateful Halloween night, Lily and James survived while Voldemort apparently 'marked' Harry Potter as his equal. Aria Potter, twin sister of...