Change | Todoroki Shoto X rea...

Per mishibread

โ˜…ๅฝก ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ง๐™š ๐™– ๐™—๐™ง๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ, ๐™—๐™ช๐™—๐™—๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฆ๐™ช๐™ž๐™ง๐™ . ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช'... Mรฉs

Quick intro!
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 1 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 2 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 3 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 4 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 5 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 6 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 7 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 8 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 10 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 11 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 12 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 13 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 14 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 15 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 16 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 17 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 18 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 19 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 20 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 21 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 22 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 23 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 24 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 25 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 26 โ˜…ๅฝก
mini announcement ~โ˜†
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 27 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 28 โ˜…ๅฝก
ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 29 โ˜…ๅฝก
โ€ขโ”ˆโ€ขโ€ขโœฆ โค ๐™€๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ค๐™œ๐™ช๐™š โค โœฆโ€ขโ€ขโ”ˆโ€ข

ใƒŸโ˜… ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 9 โ˜…ๅฝก

5.1K 124 178
Per mishibread

You woke up in Recovery Girls' office. She healed you fully since you didn't have to participate in the rest of the sports festival. "Y/n, you're awake." You look over and saw Shinso. "Oh, hi. I didn't expect you to be here." You sat up. "Yeah, I just wanted to see how you were after your battle." He rubbed the back of his nape "I'm good, thanks for checking up on me. Also, where's Shoto?" 

"He's prepping for his next battle." You were shocked. "Wait, how long was I asleep?" He glanced over at the clock. "About an hour. your classmate and some Class-B student are about to do a tie-breaker." You ended up missing 6 battles. You pouted a bit, you really wanted to see the other battles. At least you could watch them later. "So, you lost against Midoriya. Y'know, I seriously thought you were gonna win. I even warned Midoriya about your quirk!" He lightly chuckled. "Yeah, I didn't expect it either. I still don't get how he was able to get himself to move. Guess my quirk didn't work all that well this time." 

"Y'know, my homeroom teacher, Mr. Aizawa... Back at the U.S.J, when the villains attacked, he told us 'You can't be a hero with just one trick' and he was right. You can't just rely on your quirk, Shinso, even if it's a powerful one." You looked over at the tv, Kirishima and Tetsutetsu were doing an arm wrestling match as their tie-breaker. "Even though you lost, I think you proved yourself worthy enough to be in the hero course. I kinda hope they place you in our class." He chuckled. "I don't think your friends would be happy to see me after declaring war on you guys."

"That's not true! Class 1-A is the most accepting group of people I've ever met! They don't hold grudges. Honestly, you'll feel right at home!" You smiled at him and stood up. "I'm gonna go find Shoto. Again, thanks for checking up on me. See ya Shinso!" he smiled and waved. 

You assumed Shoto would be in the same waiting room he was in before. You knocked on the door and heard Shoto's voice on the other end. "Hey, Shoto." He stood up and you smiled at him. "You're awake. I thought you'd be napping longer." Seems like Recovery Girl healed him enough. "I'm glad I woke up just in time. I get to see your next battle!" he smiled softly at you. You find it a little funny how quickly he's able to change his attitude when it comes to certain people.

"Are you really okay about this? I can't help but feel bad." You walked up to him and rubbed his head. "I'm 100% okay with this. I got to take a good nap too!" Shoto melted under your touch. You didn't expect him to place his head at the crook of your neck. His sudden action made your heart race. 

He honestly needed it. After the interaction he had with his father, he's felt so angry. He also felt bad about the comments he made about you and your mother. He just needed some peace, and you somehow always made him feel at peace. The two of you stayed like that for a while until you saw the tie-breaker between Kirishima and Tetsutetsu was over. 

"Shoto, it's time for your next fight." He lifted his head and he sighed. "Good luck." He nodded and left the room. You exhaled once he left, you didn't even realize you were holding your breath. You felt like your heart was gonna beat out of your chest. You didn't know why you were feeling like that around Shoto. He's just a friend after all. You calmed yourself down and made your way to where the rest of your classmates were. 

❦❦❦

"Y/n!" Uraraka and Iida didn't expect to see you. They thought you'd nap longer too. "Hi, guys. Sorry I missed your matches. I'll watch them later when I get home." They smiled and you sat down in the seat between them. "Thanks for waiting, everybody! The first match of the second round is a big match! From the hero course, it's Todoroki Shoto! And next, from the hero course, it's Midoriya Izuku!"

The crowd watched as the two boys glared at each other. It was clear there was some tension between the two. "At this year's sports festival, both have shown top-class performances! Now, Midoriya versus Todoroki! Start!" The second Present Mic said start, Shoto shot his ice right at Midoriya. However, he was able to deflect it using OFA.

It worked as a counter-attack because all the ice went straight back to Shoto. It caused a huge gust of icy wind to hit the audience. We just started and I'm already freezing, you thought to yourself. "WOW!! Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!" You knew Midoriya couldn't quite control OFA just yet, he must've broken a bone. Shoto pulled the same move he just did, and Midoriya once again used OFA to stop it. And they did it again for the third time. You realized what he was trying to do... Shoto wanted to break all his fingers to prevent Midoriya from being able to attack anymore. You just hope Midoriya realizes that soon if he hasn't already...

At this point, Midoriya has already broken 4 fingers. That's when Shoto started actually coming at him. "Todoroki doesn't recoil from Midoriya's power and gets in close!" Midoriya used OFA again with his previously broken fingers from his other fight. Shoto wasn't giving him an opening and caught Midoriya by his foot. There was an even bigger gust of wind when the green-haired boy made contact with the ice. He must've used his whole arm this time... He can't be that dumb. I feel like he should've caught on to Shoto's plan!

Midoriya's whole arm was broken alongside a few of his fingers, but Shoto didn't have a scratch on him. "Sorry... But thanks Midoriya. My old man's face is clouded over thanks to you. With your arms like that, you can't fight anymore, can you?" You noticed Shoto's right side. The cold must be getting to him. "Let's finish this." He shot what he assumed would've been the final blow, but Midoriya unexpectedly counter-attacked again! Only this time, it was way more powerful. Shoto almost went out of bounds. Midoriya stopped his attack with his already broken finger. You could only imagine the pain he was in. Maybe he can't even feel it due to the adrenaline...

Midoriya seemed to notice the cold was getting to Shoto. "There's a limit to how much cold your body can take, isn't there? And isn't that something you could solve by using the heat from your left side? Everyone's fighting with all they've got... To win and get closer to their dream... To become number one... You want to win with just half your strength?! You haven't put a single scratch on me yet, you know! Come at me with everything you've got!"

Your eyes widened, you knew that must've pissed Shoto off. But, you hoped Midoriya's words would reach him. If he wouldn't listen to you, maybe he would listen to Midoriya. Shoto began to run straight for his opponent, but his movements were slow. His ice is most definitely taking effect now. Midoriya hit Shoto right in the gut, which sent him flying, but not without freezing Midoriyas forearm. His ice wasn't shooting as fast, the green-haired boy was actually able to dodge it.

Midoriya was being reckless. You began to worry. Sure, Recovery Girl could heal him, but she won't always be there to help. The boys were just going at each other. One attack after the other. They were only making things worse for each other. Midoriya was injuring himself, even more, and Shoto was only freezing himself even more. At this rate, it can't be good for either of them. Their bodies could only handle so much. "Why...Why are you going so far?"

"Because I want to live up to everyone's expectations..." Both of their movements were sluggish. Midoriya was once again heading for Shoto head-on. "I want to be able to smile... and respond to them... To be a cool hero... That's what I want to be!" Shoto seemed to have gotten distracted, "That's why...!" Midoriya landed another gut punch on the icy boy. "Everyone's giving it their all! There's no way I can know all of your circumstances or your resolve. But for you to become number one without giving it your all, to completely reject your father... Right now, I think you should stop screwing around!"

His ice was completely covering his entire right side, and at a fast pace. Midoriya landed another blow on Shoto, he didn't even try to block it. Shoto began to think of his childhood, his mother, his siblings... and you. "It's your power, isn't it?!" Your eyes widened, you were just hoping his words would have an effect on Shoto.

Just then, a huge burst of fire came from him. Now instead of feeling cool air, everyone felt the immense heat coming from Shoto. You shot up from your seat with a huge smile on your face. You felt proud of both of them. "He used it!" you mumbled to yourself. The ice on his right side began to melt off. "I want... to be a hero, too!"

"Shoto! Have you finally accepted yourself?! Good! It all starts from here for you! With my blood, you will surpass me... You will fulfill my desire!" God, I wish he'd just shut up. You hated that he thinks Shoto was using the full extent of his quirk for his father and not for himself. But, Shoto didn't seem to pay him any mind which you were thankful for. 

"What are you smiling for, Midoriya? With those injuries... In this situation... You're crazy... Don't blame me for what happens next." Shoto was finally using the full extent of his abilities. An immense amount of power was coming from the both of them. Anyone within a 10-mile radius could feel it! But, you also began to worry. At this rate, they'll completely obliterate each other. Cementoss began to try and build a wall between the two, and Midnight used her quirk to try and subdue the both of them. 

Shoto launched a huge attack. He was using his ice and his fire. Midoriya sprang into action. Cementoss and Midnight weren't enough to stop the boys. When they clashed, debris and dust were sent everywhere. They even knocked over Midnight! Who won?! Once the smoke cleared, the audience saw Midoriya slumped up against a wall. "M-Midoriya is out of bounds... Todoroki advances to the third round!" Both of their gym uniforms were torn and beaten up. 

❦❦❦

"Shoto!" The boy turned around to see you standing there. "Y/n..." You ran up to him and hugged him, he was still a bit wobbly due to the fight he just had. "You did it... I'm so proud of you." He felt relieved the second he saw you. "'You're in my way' You're not gonna say that?" You both turn to see Endevaour standing there. His smug look made you wanna go up to him and punch him. "You need to control your left side... You're just letting it all out, and it's dangerous. But, you have abandoned your childish tantrum and finally became a perfect upgrade of me! After you graduate, come work for me. I'll lead you down the path of the mighty." You scoffed 

"He didn't use his left side for you. Don't think that for a second. Shoto is his own person. He's gonna become a hero for himself. Because he wants to! Not to fulfill your sick and selfish desires." You glared at Endeavour. He was shocked to see you talking back to him. "There's no way I can abandon anything. It's not something that can be so easily reversed. It's just... back then... I forgot about you." You two began to walk away. "Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing... Whether it is correct or not... I need to think about it." 

❦❦❦

You were walking back to Shoto's waiting room with a new uniform in your hands. You offered to bring him his spare to him. Tokoyami just won his battle against Mina. Now it's time for Bakugo versus Kirishima. "Shoto, I'm coming in." You slowly opened the door and saw him sitting on the couch. He looked to be deep in thought. "Here you go." He looked and grabbed the clothes from your hand. "You okay?" 

"Just thinking. Thanks." He's been like that since his fight with Midoriya and after talking with his father again. You knew what he was thinking about, even if he didn't tell you. He didn't have to, really, it's like he wears his emotions on his sleeve when he's around you. "Have you thought about it yet? Your quirk I mean..." 

"I'm still thinking about it." You sat down next to him. "I see. Y'know, if it means anything, I thought you were pretty awesome back there. I know you don't wanna use your fire because of your father. Because of what he's done to you, your mother, your siblings and the promise you made to yourself... I know you feel like you're betraying all of them by using your fire, but you're not. And like I said before, it's your quirk." You looked at the tv and saw that Bakugo won his fight against Kirishima. 

"And you can only go so far if you only use your right side. You're not your father, Shoto. We may not have known each other for all that long, but you're nothing like him and you will never be. But, whatever you decide, I'll support you and I'll still be proud of you. Now, get changed. You have another fight to win." You gave him a smile and walked out. 

❦❦❦

"With both of them from hero families, it's a battle of the elites! From the hero course, it's Iida Tenya! Versus! Also from the hero course, Todoroki Shoto!" You made it in time. You saw Midoriya standing near the entrance. "How you feeling?" He jumped a bit, he didn't notice you were there. "O-Oh, Y/n! I'm feeling better. But, I've got these scars now..." You looked at his hand, seems like Recovery Girl couldn't heal everything. He did use OFA with his already broken bones... "They honestly look kinda cool! But it's good that you're feeling better. Thanks by the way." He looked at you, confused as to why you were thanking him. 

"You got Shoto to use his fire. You were able to get through to him. After the fight, he told his father that he wasn't actually thinking about him for once when he used his fire. So thanks." You smiled at him. "Ah... No problem. Come on, we should sit to watch the fight." You nodded and the both of you sat down with your classmates. 

"First match of the semifinals! Ready... START!" Shoto did his usual first move but Iida dodged it! Eventually, Iida got surrounded by Shoto's ice. "Iida's been surrounded! Shoto's taking this chance to shoot straight at him! He's going for the win right away!" Iida jumped high in the air before his ice was able to reach him. "Respiro... Burst!" Iida is using one of his fastest speeds. But, Shoto was able to dodge! It's a good skill, but it can also be his downfall. He has about 10 seconds before his engines stall... But if he can get Shoto out of bounds the way he did with Shiozaki from 1-B, he can win.

He went in with another attack using Respiro Burst and it actually landed. Shoto got kicked to the ground at insane speeds. You winced at the sight of it. "A direct hit!" Iida grabbed Shoto by his uniform and began to drag him. Only a few more seconds before Iida's engines stall and he nearly has Shoto out of bounds! But then he suddenly stopped. Shoto froze Iida's mufflers during Iida's kick. Shoto took the chance to freeze Iida, leaving him immobilized. "Iida is immobilized! Todoroki wins! Todoroki advances to the finals without showing his flames!"

You looked over at Endevaour, he didn't look too happy about Shoto not using his right side. At least that smug look is off his face. You were a little upset about Shoto not using his flames but not for the same reason. Not for the same sickening reasons that man has. 

❦❦❦

"I wonder when it started... Until I fought with Midoriya, I didn't even think about thinking about it." You looked at Shoto as he looked at his left hand. "Mom, I..." The door swung open. Bakugo kicked it in instead of just turning the nob like a normal person. "Huh? What are you doing here? It's waiting room... oh, this is room two? Damn it!" You giggled a bit at  Bakugo's irritability

"I may have gotten the wrong room, but what's with that attitude against your opponent in the final?! Hey, hey, hey. Where are you looking, half-and-half bastard?!" Bakugo slammed his hand on the table and caused a small explosion. Usually,  you'd tell him to calm down. But maybe, Shoto should hear what he has to say. "That's... What Midoriya and Y/n said to me, too. Y/n has been worrying about me and my problems. She let me advance in the game for my sake. She's helped carry my burdens. Midoriya acted recklessly and came to destroy all the problems I'd been carrying... You and Midoriya are childhood friends, right? Was he like that when you were younger too? "

Bakugo looked offended to be called Midoriya's childhood friend. "That damn nerd... Who cares about him?!" Bakugo flipped over the table. "Seriously, who cares?! Your family circumstances, and your feelings... I don't care about that stuff! Just use the flames on your left on me too!" You stood up and got in between the two. "Alright calm down. You should really go to your room and prep for the fight, Bakugo. Good luck." He looked at you and scoffed.

 "Whatever... I will hold them down from above." He angrily stormed out the room and you sighed. You looked at Shoto and he was once again deep in thought. The two of you sat in silence for the rest of the time. Shoto enjoyed just having you around, even if neither of you was to speak. Just knowing you were there was enough for him.

❦❦❦

"It's finally the last battle of the U.A. High School sports festival! The top of the first years will be decided with this one match! The final so to speak! From the hero course, Todoroko Shoto! Versus-- Also from the hero course, Bakugo Katsuki! Now... START!" As usual, Shoto launched a large-scale attack. Bakugo tried blasting it all away, but it was coming too fast. "Todoroki gets a blow in right away! Is he trying to avoid close combat with Bakugo? Has the winner been decided already?!" you scoffed "Yeah right, this is Bakugo we're talking about. He isn't gonna let something like that stop him."

"It's not on the same scale as in his match with Y/n. He aimed his attack while being careful of what'll come next." You looked at Midoriya and nodded. Shoto knows how Bakugo is. He won't give up easily. There were sounds coming from the ice, Shoto was preparing himself to face Bakugo. He exploded his way through the ice and Shoto jumped back. Bakugo flew straight for Shoto. 

Just before they made contact, Bakugo moved out of the way and grabbed Shoto unexpectedly. He threw him but Shoto avoided going out of bounds with his ice. Bakugo went for another hit on his opponent, but Shoto grabbed his arm with his right hand. You watched as he hesitated to use his left, he instead threw Bakugo. "Stop screwing around. Am I not strong enough to make you use it?"

"With the way he grabbed Todoroki's left side on purpose and timed his explosions... He's been doing his research. That kid's abilities shine every time he fights." Your teacher was right. Bakugo is amazing and he's very observant. It may not seem like it, but he notices everything. "Todoroki's moving well, too, but his attacks are too simple. Ever since the match with Midoriya, he's lost his touch." You noticed that too. He's been fighting with himself about his quirk; debating whether or not to use his left side.

"Bastard... I'll show you what'll happen if you make a fool of me! I'll kill you! I want an indisputable first place! I can't get that even if I beat that scum that underestimates me! There's no point if I can't get higher up than Deku!" Frost started to cover Shoto's right side. "If you have no intention of winning, then don't stand in front of me!" Bakugo charged at Shoto. "Why are you standing here, damn it!" you noticed Shoto was about to give up but you weren't gonna let that happen.

"SHOTO! Don't lose! Do your best! Use your full potential, damn it!" That was enough to set him straight. The frost started to melt off his skin and his fire was ignited! But, it didn't last long... He suddenly put his arm down and looked like he was just gonna let Bakugo hit him. A huge blast occurred and smoke was everywhere. You stood up worried for Shoto, he wasn't even trying to protect himself from Bakugo's blast. "He added momentum and rotation to the huge blast he showed us in his fight with Uraraka! He was like a human projectile! It looks like Todoroki didn't fire off the huge blast he used in his match with Midoriya. But the winner is--"

The smoke cleared and Bakugo was on the ground... And Shoto was out of bounds. He was slumped up against his ice. "Hey..." Bakugo slowly got himself up and started making his way to Shoto. "Hey! Stop screwing around!" He grabbed Shoto by the collar of his shirt but he was knocked out. "Didn't I tell you that there was no point, damn it?! To get first place like this! Like this?!"

You couldn't handle seeing them like this anymore. You went to the ledge. "Y-Y/n what are you doing get down from there?" Your friends tried to stop you but you made them sit down. "I can break my fall." You jumped off and broke your fall using your quirk. You ran up to the boys and separated them. "Bakugo. The fight is over whether you like it or not. Are you okay?"

He looked pissed off. "Fuck off. Your stupid boyfriend won't give his all but he can give it to stupid Deku? Like hell I'm gonna let that happen! I want a rematch!" You noticed Midnight was about to use her quirk. You covered your nose and watched as Bakugo drifted into a deep sleep. You caught him before he fell and you gently rested his head on the ground. You looked at Shoto with a worried look. "Todoroki is out of bounds! Which means, Bakugo wins!" The crowd went wild, and you looked at both of the boys. Regardless of the outcome, they both did great. "And now, all of the events have been completed! The winner of this year's first-year U.A sports festivals is... from class 1-A, Bakugo Katsuki!

❦❦❦

"All of the first-year events for this year's U.A. sports festival have been completed. And now, we will begin the award ceremony!" Fireworks and confetti canons went off and the crowd was cheering. Out of the ground came the 3 winners of the sports festival. Bakugo was chained up and muzzled. You honestly thought it was kinda funny. You just wished you had your phone to take pictures of him to tease him about it later. Your eyes landed on Shoto, he looked so sad...

"In addition to Tokoyami, there is also Iida in third place, but he left early for family reasons. Thank you for your understanding. You worried for your friend, he told you, Uraraka and Midoriya that he had to leave because his brother was attacked by a villain. You just hope the attack wasn't too bad. "Now, we will award the medals! The representation of the medals will, of course, be by this man; Our very own hero, All Might!"

"I have brought the metals here!" All Might jumped down onto the ground and everyone got excited to see THE number one Hero. "Young Tokoyami, congratulations. You sure are strong." He bowed to the Hero. "However, in order to fight well against different types, you must not rely on your quirk. If you train your own strength more, then you will have more options when you fight." He gave a hug to Tokoyami and moved onto Shoto. You were glad he was giving a compliment and some criticism. "Young Todoroki, congratulations. I assume there is a reason you did not use your left side in the final?" 

"I had an opportunity during my match with Midoriya, but then I became unsure of myself. I think I understand a little of why you're interested in him. I wanted to become a hero like you. But I didn't think it would be right for me to be the only one to break away. There is still something I must settle." Your heart ached to see him like this. "The look on your face is completely different from before. I won't ask about the details." He hugged Shoto. "I'm sure that you will be able to do what you need to do." He just responded with a simple yes.

He moved onto Bakugo and gave him a compliment and some criticism as well. He removed the muzzle on Bakugo and he was pissed. "All Might... First place like this... IS NOT WORTHY OF ANYTHING! EVEN IF THE WORLD RECOGNIZES IT, I DON'T RECOGNIZE IT MYSELF, THEN ITS TRASH!" Woah, he was waiting to just let that all out. All Might tried giving him the medal but he refused it! All Might ended up putting it on him whether he wanted it or not. He gave a speech to the rest of the first years and set off. "And this concludes this year's first-year U.A. sports festival! Have a good one, everybody!"

❦❦❦

You were eating a nice dinner with Keigo but there was just something bothering you and Keigo noticed. "What? You don't like my cooking?" He knew that wasn't what was bothering you, but he just wanted to try and cheer you up. "No, I'm sorry. It's good... I just... Nevermind." He flicked a pea at your forehead. "You know you can always talk to me. So, what's up?" You hesitated for a second.

"I'm just worried about Shoto. He looked so sad. And I feel bad. I told him to use his left side. He spent the rest of the festival debating whether or not he should do it. I threw him off his game." you looked down at your plate and played with your food. "That Midoriya kid told him to do the same, y'know. But it's neither of your guys' fault. You told him what he needed to hear. And plus, you heard him. There was something he needed to settle. That probably means he's gonna use his left side when his issue is resolved." you didn't respond. "Alright. I'm gonna clean up. Go see him." You looked up at him. "What?"

"Go see him. If you won't be able to sleep if you're so worried. I know how you are, this'll just keep you up all night. I'll clean up, don't worry." You nodded and grabbed your stuff to leave. "I'll be back soon. Thanks for the dinner, I really did enjoy it. Bye, uncle Keigo!" You gave him a quick peck on the cheek and left. "Can't believe I just let her go to a boys house at 10 pm." He sighed and began to clean up.

❦❦❦

After some walking, you made it into his neighbourhood. At least you hoped so. You didn't know where his house was, you'd never been there before. Luckily, you could just look for his family name. "Todoroki... Todoroki... Todoroki... Todoroki!" You made your way to the door and hesitantly knocked on the door. A few moments later, a girl opens the door. She was a pretty girl with glasses and white hair with red streaks. "May I help you?"

"Um... I'm a friend of Shoto... Is he home right now?" She looked shocked but she eagerly smiled at you. "Of course, come in! I'm Shoto's older sister, Fuyumi! Are you Y/n? You must be, he said you were a pretty girl!" You felt your face heat up. He's talked about you to his family? Not only that, he called you pretty?? "Yeah, I'm Y/n. It's really nice to meet you Fuyumi. I'm sorry for disturbing you so late at night." She shook her head

"Nonsense! Come in, come in! Shoto's in his room! I'll bring you guys some drinks!" You nodded and removed your shoes. She's like the complete opposite of Shoto. You removed your shoes and went up to his room. You gently knocked on the door. "Shoto? It's me, Y/n." You heard some shuffling coming from the inside and the door opened. He looked shocked to see you.

"Sorry for coming here without texting you first. I just... I couldn't stop thinking about you." you felt your face heat up after realizing what you just said. "I-I mean, not like that! But like I'm worried about my friend kinda way!" Great, Y/n. You're sooooo smooth. He chuckled a little and moved to the side. "It's okay. Come in." You made your way in and he shut the door. He motioned for you to sit down and so you did.

"Are you alright Shoto? You've seemed off since your fight with Midoriya..." He sat down next to you and sighed. "I just don't know what to do. During my fight with Midoriya, it felt nice to use my left side. It felt good because I wasn't thinking about my father. I wanted to use it again during my fight with Bakugo, but I thought about my mom. I thought about the pain my father brought her and I just couldn't do it..." You placed a hand on his back and rubbed it gently. "I know you told me I wouldn't be betraying her if I did, but I just can't help it." 

"I was thinking about seeing her. My father never let me see her after she burned me. But I don't care if he doesn't allow me, I'll go either way." You hesitated for a bit before speaking. "So what's stopping you? Clearly, it's not your father. So what is it?" He sighed and moved to lay his head down on your lap. You didn't expect him to do that but you really didn't mind. You softly ran your fingers through his head. "I'm scared about how she'll react. She said my left side was unsightly. What if she never wants to see me again?"

"I doubt that Sho... But you'll never know if you don't go. And just sitting here thinking about what if's wont help." He looked up at you and you gave him a reassuring smile. There was a knock at the door, it was Fuyumi with the drinks. "I'm coming." Shoto stood up and his sister came in. "Sorry for disrupting you two, but I brought drinks and some snacks. I know it's a little late but you guys don't have school tomorrow so it should be fine! I hope you like pineapple mango juice, Y/n! Alright, I'll leave you two be." she placed the tray with drinks and sacks on Shoto's table and left. She's so nice. "You're right. Are you busy tomorrow?" 

"No, I'm not. Why?" he placed the tray near the two of you and sat down. "I was wondering if you could come with me tomorrow to see my mom. You don't have to come in with me if you don't want to, but having you there for support would be nice." You smiled and nodded. "Of course, I'll come with you." He smiled and put his head back on your lap. The two of you stayed like that for another hour or so, eating the snacks and talking. Eventually, you of course had to go back home.

"Oh you're leaving, Y/n?" Fuyumi asked as she watched the both of you put your shoes on. "Yeah I am, it's pretty late. But, thank you for the snacks and drinks! Shoto is gonna drop me off." She smiled and walked up to you. "Shoto can you grab my sweater from my room? I'm a bit cold." He sighed but went to go get his sister's sweater. "I wasn't actually cold, I just wanted to talk to you." You were a bit confused but she held your hands and looked you dead in the eyes. "Please treat my brother well. I know he can be stubborn and cold at times but just be patient with him, will you? You're the first friend he's ever had and I can tell you make him happy." You were thrown off guard but you smiled at her and nodded. "I will, Fuyumi. He's actually really sweet. Well, around me at least." You two giggled and Shoto walked back into the room. He handed his sister her sweater and you guys left.

❦❦❦

It was the next day and the two of you were standing outside of the hospital where Shoto's mom is. "Ever since that day, I thought my presence would put pressure on my mom, so I never went to see her. I'm sure she continues to be bound by me... By dad... That's why, in order to aim to become a hero again with this body, with everything I have..." You gently rubbed his back. "Let's go." He exhaled and the two of you walked in. When you guys made it to the front desk, the workers there seemed shocked to see him there. He told you the only people who came to see her were his siblings. 

You two made it to her room, and you noticed he was really nervous. "It's okay Sho. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you after all these years." You looked at the door and back at Shoto. "Y'know... I think you should go in alone. This is the first time you're seeing her in a long time. She doesn't even know me. This should be a one-on-one thing. I'll wait out here." He looked at you and nodded. He slowly slid open the door and went in.

After about an hour, he came back out. It looked like he had cried a little, you just hoped it was tears of joy. "Shoto... How did it go..." He sat down on the bench next to you. "I told her about my life with my father and about who I've become... She cried and apologized. She looked happy to see me. She forgave me faster than I ever imagined. She told me to move forward, that nothing was holding me back. And that doing so would be her salvation..." You smiled and hugged the boy.

"See, told you everything would go well." You heard some sniffles coming from him. "There's nowhere left to go but forward, Sho." He pulled back and wiped away his tears. "Yeah... Let's go." The two of you got up and began to walk out. "Shoto, you wanna get lunch? I'll buy!" He nodded. "Let's eat soba." You chuckled, as expected from him. Good thing you like cold soba right?

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

237K 10.1K 80
[๐‘ถ๐‘ณ๐‘ซ ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ๐‘น.] โ๐’ˆ๐’†๐’๐’…๐’†๐’“ ๐’…๐’๐’†๐’”๐’'๐’• ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’•๐’•๐’†๐’“ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’ ๐’Š๐’• ๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’” ๐’•๐’ ๐’๐’๐’—๐’†...โž [๐š—๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ], ๐šŠ ๐š๐š’๐š›๐š• ๐š•๐š’๐šŸ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐šŠ ๐š•๐š’๐š๐šŽ...
65.3K 1.4K 38
๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ ๐•’๐•ฃ๐•– ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐••๐•’๐•ฆ๐•˜๐•™๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐• ๐•— ๐•’ ๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•“๐•๐•– ๐•ž๐•’๐•Ÿ. ๐•–๐•ง๐•–๐•ฃ๐•ช๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•– ๐•ค๐•–๐•–๐•ค ๐•™๐•š๐•ž ๐•’๐•ค ๐•’ ๐•™๐•–๐•ฃ๐• . ๐•’ ๐•๐• ๐•ง๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ ๐••๐•’๐••. ๐•ช๏ฟฝ...
3.9K 335 15
๐–ฅป ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜น ๐™›๐™š๐™ข. ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๏ผ โ ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—บ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ โž โ‡ข ห—หห‹ ๐˜ธ...
89.8K 3.4K 16
โ€ขยฐ. *เฟ โ๐ฐ๐š๐ข๐ญ, ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ?โž ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ญ๐จ๐๐จ๐ซ๐จ๐ค๐ข ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐จ ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š ๐ ๐ก๐จ...