ミ★ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 1 ★彡

"Y/n, honey, come here, will you?" your mother weakly said. "Of course, mama!" you quickly make your way to your mother's side. "You like hanging out with your uncle Keigo, don't you?" your face lights up at the mention of his name, "Of course, I do mama! He's really nice and fun to be with! He lets me dress him up like a princess!" your mother giggles at your response "That's nice, sweetie."

She looks at you fondly as she strokes your hair. "Why'd you ask mama?" her smile turns into a frown, but she quickly fakes a smile to not worry you. "Well... You know mama is very sick." Her response began to worry you, "You might have to stay with uncle Keigo for a while, honey." You love your uncle Keigo but at the same time, you wanted to be with her. "B..But I wanna stay with you! I don't wanna leave your side!" you start to tear up at the thought of leaving your mother. "I know, Y/n", I know. Don't cry, my dear." She gently wiped away your tears. "I want you to be taken care of properly. That's why you'll stay with Keigo, just until Mama's better."

She takes your little face in her weak hands. "Look at me, Y/n" you slowly tilt your head up. "I love you and I want the best for you." You sniffle at her soft words "You can still see me often; I'll just be taken care of by nice doctors and nurses" You bury your head in your mother's chest "Promise you'll get better mama?" she frowns "I promise, dear."

Knock knock knock

"Yo, Y/n, are you up? You can't be late on your first day!" You peel open your eyes, slightly squinting from the light peeking in through your blinds. "Yeah, I'm up!" you yell back. 

You get up and face yourself in your bathroom mirror. "Just a dream, huh..." you sigh and turn to look at your school uniform. "Well, time to get ready before uncle Keigo makes me take the bus." You quickly changed and did your hair before making your way out to the kitchen.

"Morning, baby bird! You ready for your first day" Your uncle greets you as you come out of your room. "Of course I'm ready. And will you ever stop calling me that?" Keigo laughs at your early morning grumpiness "Nope! I've called you that since you were a baby, why would I stop now?"

You sit down to eat your breakfast "Well, I'm not a baby anymore." You stuff your face with the breakfast Keigo made for you. His cooking was always so great. "So what? You'll always be my precious baby bird. I'll still be calling you that even when you're well into adulthood and you can't stop me." You slightly chuckle.

Keigo has always been like a father to you. Your biological father left you and your mother when you were just 1. You have no memories of him. You don't even remember what he looks like or what his voice sounds like. So, you don't really give a shit about him; you just hope he's living a miserable life for breaking your mother's heart. "I'll wait for you in the car, Y/n!"

❦❦❦

As much as you'd hate to admit it, you started to get anxious when you got closer to your new school and Keigo seemed to notice. "Hey, you'll be fine." You turn to look at the blonde man. "Huh?! I'm not nervous!" He lets out a slight chuckle. "Oh yeah? Then how come your leg is bouncing?" Your eyes widen a bit. You didn't even realize your leg was bouncing. "You're a strong, smart girl. Hell, you even got in through recommendations!" You look out the window. "I mean yeah, I did. But that's just because my uncle just so happens to be a pro-hero. One of the top ones at that.." your voice trails off at the end.

"Yeah, you're right. I am one of the top pros. But you must not be as smart as I thought you were if you really think you'd get recommendations just because you're close to me." The car stops in front of the school. 

"I meant what I said about you being smart and strong, Y/n. You got recommendations because you've got amazing talent and others recognize that. Not because you're my kid." you give a small smile. "We're here. So go kick some ass, baby bird!" You grab your bag and turn to leave but just before you walked off, you gave the man one more hug. "Thanks, uncle Keigo." he was a bit taken aback by your sudden hug but he smiled and returned the hug. "No problem, kid."