Inner Peace - LOK fanfic

By BookLover905

. Some friendships are so strong They can even... More

Prologue
Inner Peace
Elira
Trailer
Welcome to Republic City Pt.1
Welcome To Republic City Pt.2
A Leaf In The Wind Pt.1
A Leaf In The Wind P.t 2
The Revelation Pt. 1
The Revelation Pt. 2
A Voice In The Night
The Spirit of Competition
And The Winner Is...
The Aftermath Pt. 1
The Aftermath Pt.2
When Extremes meet
Out Of The Past
Turning the Tides
Skeletons in the Closet
Endgame! Part 1
Endgame! Part 2
Rebel Spirit pt. 1
Rebel Spirit pt.2
The Southern Lights
Civil Wars Pt 1
Civil Wars Pt 2
Peacekeepers
The Sting
The Guide
A New Spiritual Age
Night Of A Thousand Stars Pt 1
Night Of A Thousand Stars pt. 2
Harmonic Convergence
Darkness Falls
Light in the Dark
A Breath of Fresh Air
Rebirth Pt.1
Rebirth Pt. 2
The Earth Queen
In Harms Way Pt.1
In Harms Way Pt. 2
Old Wounds
Republic City Hustle
The Terror Within Pt. 1
The Terror Within Pt. 2
The Stakeout
Long Live The Queen

The Metal Clan

1K 19 11
By BookLover905

The team had stopped in an open field for a bit and Elira was stood with  Bolin and Lin, watching Korra playing fetch with Naga. She giggled when Naga jumped up and caught a ball with her mouth before running back over to Korra, dropping it in front of her. Korra airbent the ball away and Naga took off after it again. 

"While you're playing fetch, four of the most dangerous criminals are hunting you down. We should get moving." Lin scowled, crossing her arms. 

"Relax, Lin, we just got here." El smiled, Pichi perched on her shoulder. 

" Besides, no one knows where I am except us" Korra added, petting Naga as she returned. 

She dropped the ball and looked at Lin expectantly, wagging her tail and whining slightly. 

"I think she wants you to throw it for her." Korra smiled 

 Lin glanced down at the saliva and grass-coated ball as Naga continued to whine. "I'll pass, thanks" 

"We just got a call from the radio about another airbender," Asami announced, walking up to them with Mako 

"Finally! Where are they?" Elira grinned in excitement 

"A city called Zaofu, the home of the Metal Clan" Mako explained and the whole group noticed that Lin had visibly become uncomfortable

"You know the place?" Korra asked 

"Uhh ... Never been there." Lin looked off to the side uneasily " But I don't want you going there. I would rest a lot easier if you were back at Republic City." 

"Sorry, if there's an airbender in Zaofu, then that's where we are going next." Korra walked passed the metalbender with the others following behind her. 

Lin just glared to the side and put her head down in disappointment. 

*

A few hours later,  the airship was flying through the clouds and when they passed they revealed the city of Zaofu in the distance. It was beautiful.  A huge gleaming city made entirely out of metal in the shape of a lotus flower is seen with smaller metal flowers around the city too.

"Wow! Wow! Wow!" Bolin gasped in amazement from where he and the others were watching out of the dashboard window of the ship "An entire city made of metal! Woohoo" 

"It's amazing! You should feel right at home, Lin" Elira grinned over her shoulder at the chief of police seated on a bench far away from the windows with her arms crossed with Naga, Pichi and Pabu near her.

"Hmm ..." Was her only response 

Elira frowned and shared a look with Korra. What was wrong with Lin? 

The police airship proceeded to land at one of the stations controlled by metalbenders. A metalbender used and bent a string of cable out of the crane and it loops itself around a hook under the airship to connect the metal cable to the airship. Two other metalbenders subsequently bent and built an intricate stairway for the airship's passengers. 

"Yeah!" Bolin and El ran towards the exit excitedly while the rest of Team Avatar followed behind them calmly. Lin, however, was still slumped in her seat, uninterested.

" Aren't you coming?" Asami asked her 

"What's there to see? It's metal. Big whoop. Just find the airbender and let's get moving. Don't tell anyone I'm here." She ordered 

"Why not?" El wondered, standing by the open door with Bolin 

"I don't need to explain myself to you. Just do what I say." Lin snapped 

"Fine. You got it, Chief Crankypants." Korra rolled her eyes and followed the others out. 

They exited the airship, where they were greeted by a man in green and yellow robes and two Metal Clan escorts.

"Avatar Korra and Master Elira. It is an honour to meet you" The man bowed with his hands clasped "My name is Aiwei." 

" Thanks for having us." Korra and El bowed back politely and Pichi even copied them from El's shoulder 

"Is this everyone?" Aiwei gestured to the group 

El glanced behind her at the rest of her friends then quickly back at Aiwei "Yup. Just us. So, can we meet the new airbender?" 

"Of course, right this way." Aiwei gestured for the kids to follow him and they walked into this grand elevator. 

The escorts closed the gate after them and they descend. 

*

On Air Temple Island, Ikki and Meelo were showing two new airbenders around the island and brought them into the dining hall. 

"And this is the Air Acolyte dining hall where everyone eats. And this is Daw" She gestured to Daw who was eating at one of the tables "He's a new airbender too, like you guys." 

Daw dropped his bowl and quickly airbent up. Bowing to the newcomers "It's so nice to meet you. How exciting. New friends." 

"Excuse me, hello?" A voice called, catching their attention 

A man opened the door with a hood covering his face "My name is Yorru. I heard this is the place to come for if you're a new airbender" 

The man, Yorru, pushed down his hood as he entered the hall, revealing his bald head and clean-shaven face. 

"You got that right, stranger," Meelo replied 

"Well, a couple of weeks ago, I woke up and suddenly I can do this" Yorru bent a small vortex in his palm 

"Mom! Kya! Aunt Ursa! We got another one!" Ikki raised both her arms with glee as Ursa, Pema and Kya, who were seated in the background, glanced over. 

Ursa frowned as Yorru smiled. For some unknown reason, his smile gave her a bad feeling in her stomach. She could remember her uncle Sokka telling her as a child to always trust her instincts. So maybe she'd have to keep a closer eye on this "new airbender" 

*

Back in Zaofu, the team were riding on a tram with Aiwei and Bolin and El were watching out the window excitedly. Spotting something in the distance, Elira gasped and began rapidly tapping on Bolin's arm 

"Bo! Bo, look!" She pointed with a huge grin on her face at a giant statue of Toph

"That statue honours the first metalbender, Toph Beifong, who expanded the possibilities of what benders were capable of. Here, everyone is encouraged to reach his, or her, highest potential" Aiwei explained 

El continued to stare at the statue in awe as Bolin turned to Aiwei 

"Does Toph live here? Are we going to get to meet her?" He asked 

"Oh, I hope we do! Gran-Gran's told me so much about her!" Elira smiled, her eyes sparkling in excitement at potentially meeting her grandmother's best friend. 

"I'm afraid not" Aiwei replied and the young couple's shoulders sagged in disappointment "She would visit from time to time, but years ago she left to wander the world, in search of enlightenment. No one has seen her since" 

Elira pouted and looked out the window again as they entered a tunnel. Why hadn't her grandmother told her that Toph was missing? Did she even know she was gone?... Or did she know exactly where the legendary earthbender was but just refused to tell anyone? 

The tram continued its path and headed for the edge of Zaofu, stopping at the terminal and they all got off. 

" Wow. Is this where the airbender lives?" Korra asked, staring up at the beautiful mansion in front of them. 

"Yes. But first, her mother wants to meet you." Aiwei informed 

He brought the Krew to a dance studio, where eight dancers were rehearsing on a flattened metal lotus flower. Elira watched in amazement as they fired metal cables to the ceiling, and four of them swung upward before landing, while the four bottom dancers bent the petals for their teammates to land on. 

"Is this some kind of combat training?" Korra questioned 

"Not exactly, they are rehearsing for a dance premiere next month," Aiwei explained 

The dancers bounced from petal to petal, before jumping to the middle, where the flower closed. The dancers opened the flower, where the inside dancers posed with graceful poise.

"That's it for today, everyone." A woman clapped her hands, before turning and making her way over to the Krew. 

"Allow me to introduce the matriarch of the Metal Clan, Suyin." Aiwei introduced, gesturing to the woman. 

"Please call me Su" The woman pressed a fist into her palm as a greeting "Great to finally meet you, Avatar Korra and you too Master Elira" 

"It's nice to meet you, too "Elira bowed back along with Korra. 

"And this must be Mako, Bolin, and Asami." Su turned to the rest of the group 

"You've done your research," Mako said 

" I make it my business to know who's visiting my city." Su declared 

"So, you're a dancer." Elira smiled 

" Dancer. Leader. Wife. Mother. Collector of rare meteorites" Su listed all her professions on her fingers "You'll find people here have many skills and interests" 

"Well, what I just saw looked amazing" Elira complimented 

"Oh, why thank you" 

Aiwei then leaned into Suyin's ear and whispered something to her, causing her eyes to widen and she glanced at him. After Aiwei moves away from Suyin, she turned and narrows her eyes with suspicion on the group unhappily

"Elira, why did you lie when Aiwei asked if there was anyone else with you?" She questioned 

"What?" Elira looked surprised and behind her, Bolin clapped a hand over his mouth nervously "I, uh, I didn't. I mean ...How did you know I was lying?" 

"I'm a truth seer. When people lie, their heart rate and breathing increase. I can sense the most subtle of changes." Aiwei explained and the Krew stared at him in bewilderment. 

"Just like Toph could do" Elira muttered 

"Thanks to Aiwei, there are no secrets in our city," Su said 

"We came with Republic City's Chief of Police. She didn't want anyone to know she was here. I'm sorry we didn't tell you." Korra admitted remorsefully

Su suddenly looked excited " Lin's here? Well, I would love to say hello." 

"Wait, you two know each other?" Elira asked 

" You're joking, right?" Su chuckled 

The teens remained silent, staring at each other awkwardly. 

" Lin never told you about me." Su sighed and looked to the side sadly

"No. Why would she?" Korra questioned 

"I'm Lin's sister," Su revealed

 The Krew stared at her in surprise and disbelief. 

*

Back on the airship, Lin was staring out the window at Zaofu. 

"I found out why you're so against coming here" Korra's voice made her turn around in alarm, seeing the Krew and Su, now in her Zaofu attire, behind her. 

"Why didn't you ever tell us you had a sister?" Elira asked 

"Half-sister." Lin scowled 

"Same mom, different dads, so what? We're blood, Lin, and after thirty years, the least you could do is say "hello"." Su frowned 

"I have nothing to say to you." Lin snapped bitterly, turning back around 

"You two haven't spoken in thirty years? How come?" Korra questioned 

"Ask her, I've tried." Su gestured to Lin

"Oh, don't put that on me" Lin turned back around, pointing at her sister "You're the one who tore our family apart." 

"And you've done a bang-up job keeping it that way." Su shot back, smugly and sarcastically

"You haven't changed one bit, have you?" Lin glared 

"Look, we can stay here arguing about the past all day, but that's not the reason Master Elira and the Avatar came here" Su turned to the two girls, smiling "My daughter is thrilled to meet you." 

Elira grinned "Lin, your niece is the new airbender! Isn't that amazing?" 

" Yeah. Terrific." The chief replied blankly. 

*

Su then took the group to a field where two young men were sending a metal disc ricocheting between them through metal columns. 

"Those are my two youngest, Wei and Wing. They're playing a game called Power Disc. They invented it all on their own." Su explained 

The group watched as Wing shot the disc to Wei, who redirected it, ricocheting it between multiple columns. Wei fired the disc back, ricocheting against a column and Wing leapt to intercept the disc, but failed to catch it and it slammed into the net behind him. 

"Oh, nice power, Wei," Su called out 

" Ha! Wing goes down!" Wei taunted as Wing pounded his hands against the floor and grumbled at his defeat.

"I'm so proud of those two" Su smiled as she led the group away 

She then brought them to an outdoor gallery filled with metal sculptures, where another young man was working on one of the sculptures with metalbending

" Huan, I'd like you to meet the Avatar, Master Elira and their friends. And your Aunt Lin. " Su introduced 

"Nice to meet you." Korra greeted

"Hi"  Elira waved with a smile 

"Hey" Huan replied without away from his sculpture and the two girls shared a confused look. 

"Wow, that's a really nice ... banana? Yes, very, very lifelike." Bolin grinned, wrapping his arm around El 

Huan sighed irritably and turned to glare at the earthbender "It's not a banana! It was inspired by Harmonic Convergence; represents the dawning of a New Age. Obviously." 

"Oh, yeah, no, uh, I can, I can totally see that. I can, oh, let me stand here. Yes, I can see that now. Yes. Thank you" As they began walking off, Bolin whispered to El "Banana. I mean, that's a banana, right?" 

Elira giggled softly, whispering back "It does look like a banana" 

Finally, Su took them to a beautiful garden where a slightly younger teenage lady was reading a book on a bench.

"And this is my daughter, Opal." Su introduced 

Opal looked up as they neared and smiled, standing up "Wow, Avatar Korra and Master Elira. I can't believe you're here. You are both so amazing." 

"It's great to meet you, Opal." Elira returned the smile, bowing slightly 

"Opal. That's a beautiful name." Bolin said and Elira's smile quickly dropped 

"Thanks." Opal pushed some hair behind her ear and El frowned when she noticed her blushing. 

"I'm Bolin"

"Opal. But, uh, you already knew that." Opal shook Bolin's hand, smiling sheepishly

Elira scoffed softly, crossing her arms as she glared to the side. Her friends noticed and shared an awkward glance as Lin stormed over. 

"Great. We've found the airbender. Let's take her back to the airship and get out of here." She huffed 

"And the woman apparently trying to abduct you is your aunt Lin." Su introduced 

Opal looked excited "Really? I've always wanted to meet you. My mom has told so many stories about you." 

"I'm sure she has" Lin replied, coldly and Opal looked confused by her behaviour

"So I've set all of you up in the guesthouses while Korra and Elira train Opal," Su said to the others. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. But we were hoping she could train with the rest of the airbenders at the Northern Temple." Korra corrected, glancing at El who was still looking away. 

"That sounds amazing." Opal smiled

"Nonsense. This is where Opal's home and family are. You can train her here." Su replied 

"I guess we could help her get started. Right, El?" Korra smiled, nudging her friend's side

"Sure" She muttered 

"Absolutely not! We're leaving." Lin snapped 

"She's just a little worried because there's a bunch of crazy criminals after me," Korra explain, nonchalantly

" If you're concerned about security, don't be. This is the safest city in the world" Su smiled and Lin rolled her eyes in annoyance" Now I'll see you all at dinner. And come hungry. My chef will blow the taste buds right out of your mouth." 

Su walked off and Korra turned to Lin "Why do you have such a problem with your sister? She seems nice" 

Lin just glared at the Avatar

" Come on, we can stay a little while" 

 Lin seethed while looking to the side and growled a little 

*

Later that day, Korra was in the garden with Opal ready to begin her training. Despite what happened earlier, Elira had decided to join them and was willing to put aside her feelings for the time being. 

"Okay. Let's see what you've got." Korra smiled at Opal 

"I'm not very good," Opal said, looking unsure 

"That's okay. I've never been a teacher before, so we're in the same boat"  Korra replied

Elira then took an airbending stance and began circling around "You'd want to keep your elbows in, torso straight, feet just skimming the ground. Why don't you try it with me?" 

Opal followed Elira's movements and Korra soon joined them as they circled each other. After a few moments, they all bent out a stream of air which circled them, and they continued their movement.

"Woah. You're a natural." Korra said 

"You really think so? Thanks." Opal smiled 

As the training continued, Elira grew to like Opal more and more. She was a nice girl, kind, determined, not to mention pretty. El couldn't help but frown slightly. No wonder Bolin seemed to like her. 

*

On Air Temple Island, Meelo was "guiding" some of the airbenders through the spinning gates as Ursa supervised him. Just to make sure he didn't go too overboard. 

A female airbender was trying to move through the spinning gates but ended up slamming against them before tumbling out. She rubbed her head as Meelo, Daw, Yorru , Ursa and another male airbender looked on.

"You call yourself an airbender? Disgraceful!" Meelo scolded, Poki perched on his shoulder 

He sternly points to the gates, prompting Daw to run in but with no greater success. He tumbled out and landed on his back. 

"Be the leaf!" Meelo glared, leaning over Daw 

"But, I don't even know what that means." 

Yorru calmly walked past them, causing the duo to look up curiously. He somersaulted through the front panels and nimbly avoided every other gate as the rest of the group just looked on in surprise. 

Yorru easily avoided the gates, before somersaulting through the final gates. He then turned and clasped his hands in respect.

"Now, that man is a leaf." Meelo grinned 

"A student is only as good as his master" Yorru walked up to the little boy, bowing 

Meelo bowed back as Kya approached the group. 

"Great news! I just got a message from Tenzin. He's with a whole group of other airbenders at the Northern Temple and he wants all of you to join them. We leave first thing in the morning." She announced and Daw and the two other new airbenders smiled at the news.

"And the Avatar is with him?" Yorru questioned 

Kya looked at him confused "No. Apparently, she and El had to split off from Tenzin." 

"That's unfortunate. I was really looking forward to meeting her." Yorru said while behind him, Ursa narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

*

That night in Zaofu, El left her assigned guest room ready to head to the dining hall for food. But as she left the guest house she stopped, looking around in confusion. This place was so huge, she had no idea where she was going and had forgotten how to get to the main house, let alone the dining hall. Spotting a guard walking past, she quickly called out to them. 

"Excuse me, could you help me?"

The guard stopped and turned as Elira walked up to her. 

"Of course, Master Elira, what do you need?" She questioned

"I'm supposed to head to the main house for dinner. Could you point me in the right direction?" Elira asked 

"How about I show you instead, I'm headed that way anyway" The guard gestured for Elira to follow her 

"That'd be great, thank you so much" The airbender smiled, following after her "This place is so big, I honestly couldn't remember how to get there" 

"That's alright, you get used to it after a while. And I'm sure anyone visiting Republic City would feel the same" The guard replied with a slight smirk 

"You got me there" Elira chuckled as they neared the main house, walking inside 

"How are you liking Zaofu so far?" The guard asked as they walked down the hallway 

"Oh, it's amazing. Everything here is just beautiful. But I'm not gonna lie, I am a little disappointed I didn't get to meet Toph before she disappeared" Elira said "Growing up, my grandmother told me so many stories about her. I guess I was hoping to hear some of the stories from her perspective. Like how she was able to beat 7 professional earthbending fighters when she was only 12- years old. Or how they both helped bring down an entire fleet of Fire Nation airships...Sorry, I know I talk a lot" 

Elira rubbed her neck sheepishly

"That's okay. I also would like to know more about Toph and her adventures with the avatar. Sadly, I don't know as much as you do" The guard teased slightly

"Yeah, one of the perks of being Avatar Aang's granddaughter, is I get all the inside information. Not just the stuff they write about in the books" Elira smirked as they came to the dining hall. She could already hear the others inside talking. 

"Well, this is my stop. Thanks for showing me the way" She thanked the guard "You never told me your name by the way. You know mine, so I'm at a bit of a disadvantage here" 

"My name's Kuvira. And it was my pleasure, Master Elira" The guard, Kuvira, bowed to her 

"Well, I'll see you around, Kuvira" El smiled and entered the hall. 

*

Later, El was sitting between Bolin and Mako at the dining table, trying to ignore that her boyfriend was sitting right next to Opal. Though she couldn't be too annoyed, the only reason she got this seat was that Bolin was adamant about saving it for her despite there being plenty of other chairs to sit in.  

"Tonight, for your dining pleasure, I present a seared wild Kyoshi elephant koi, paired with a ginger-infused pea tendril and hibiscus root salad." The chef explained before turning to Elira "Exspect for you, Master Elira, I've withheld the Kyoshi elephant koi and added more tendril and salad" 

"It looks delicious. Thank you" Elira smiled politely 

The chef bowed before walking off, bowing again to a man as they crossed paths by the door. 

"Sorry, dear, I'm going to have to take dinner to my office. I just had a major breakthrough on the tram station remodel." The man said as a younger man walked past him with a stack of paperwork in hand. 

"Well, don't let me stand in the way of inspiration." Su smiled 

"You're the best!" Su's husband smiled back before leaving with the younger man. 

"That was my brilliant architect of a husband, Baatar, and our oldest son. He engineers all my husband's projects." Su explained to the others. 

"Five kids. What a nightmare." Lin rolled her eyes 

 "No, no. My children are a blessing." Su replied, digging into her meal 

"Yeah, mom used to say that too, but she never meant it." Lin crossed her arms as Su scowled at her 

"Mmmm. I have to admit, I was pretty sceptical when he said "pea tendrils", but this is delicious" Bolin grinned also digging into the food 

"I know, right? I don't think I've ever had a bad meal in my life." Opal smiled 

"Oh. I had plenty when Mako and I were living in the streets. I mean, you'd be surprised how bad food from a dumpster can be. But it wasn't all bad. El used to bring us food from the island. Remember El?" Bolin turned to his girlfriend who was silently eating her salad.

"Yep" She replied blankly, not even bothering to face him as she continued with her food and Bolin looked at her in confusion. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't know." Opal frowned, looking at Bolin sympathetically as he turned back to her. 

"No, no, it's okay, that's all in the past. Things are great now. I got to be a pro-bender, fought against a dangerous revolution, became a mover star, and now, I'm helping the Avatar rebuild a whole nation." 

"Wow. Your life sounds so exciting." Opal smiled at the earthbender 

Elira felt herself scowl once again and felt Mako nudge her slightly 

"Hey, you okay?" He whispered 

"I'm fine" She replied, not even glancing at him 

"El--" 

"Hey, everyone. My little sister is an expert on world affairs now." Lin suddenly exclaimed sarcastically 

"You want to talk about what's really bugging you? Because I'm right here!" Su snapped at her 

Lin glared bitterly at her sister before turning away

"Sorry we're late, everyone." A voice called from the doorway making them all turn, seeing Varrick and Zhu Li walking into the hall. 

"Varrick!"Bolin gasped in excitement 

"What are you doing here?" Elira smiled, her mood quickly improving. 

"Great question, Ellie. I mean, what are any of us doing here?" Varrick replied, sitting beside Asami and putting his feet on the table" Wow, food for thought. Anywho, Asami, how's our company doing?" 

"You mean my company. Future Industries reverted back to me after you plotted to abduct the President." Asami scowled at him 

"Allegedly plotted to abduct the President. Never convicted." 

"Uh, that's because you escaped prison." Mako cut in 

"No, the universe decided to set me free" Varrick took his feet off the table " So, I looked up my old friend Suyin here, pitched her a few ideas, and bam!"

He smacked the table "We're in business together!" 

"Varrick's heading up my new technology division." Su smiled 

"I've seen the future, and the future is...magnets!" Varrick announced dramatically "I'm working on a high-speed rail that would revolutionize transportation and shipping as we know it. But that's not all, I'm-" 

"All right, enough!" Lin snapped, standing up" I'm trying to keep the Avatar safe and you're harbouring a criminal?" 

"Ease out, Lin. Sure Varrick's made a few mistakes in his past, but that doesn't mean he should pay for it for the rest of his life" Su said " My chef was a pirate, but now he's a culinary master. People change." 

"You haven't" Lin pointed a finger at her sister before storming off throwing her chair aside

"Lin!" Korra called after her but the chief of police ignored her, firing her cable to slam the door shut as she left the hall. 

*

After dinner, Bolin and Mako were in their guest room's bathroom getting ready for bed. Both standing in front of the mirror with Pabu perching on the counter, Mako was styling his hair while Bolin brushed his teeth.

"Hey, um, is just it me or was El acting a little weird at dinner?" Bolin asked, his voice muffled by the toothbrush still in his mouth

"You're joking, right? You only now realising?" Mako replied 

"Hey, you know I'm bad at reading people" Bolin argued, accidentally spitting out some of the toothpaste in his mouth

"Yeah, but this is El. You know her better than anyone" 

Bolin spat out his toothpaste in the sink and turned to his brother "Hey, I noticed she was upset, I just don't know why" 

"Bro, she's jealous" Mako explained 

Bolin looked surprised "Jealous? Why would El be jealous?" 

"Maybe it was because Opal was flirting with you all night" 

"She was flirting?" Bolin questioned, looking confused 

"Yes!" Mako sighed and facepalmed. He loved his brother but sometimes he was such an oblivious idiot. "You need to fix this bro. Quickly, before it ruins your whole relationship" 

*

Outside, under a small pavilion, Elira was practising her airbending while Pichi lay asleep on a nearby wall. 

"Hey, lady" Bolin came up to her making her stop as he leaned against the pavilion with a flirty smile " Wow, you really blowin' me away with your airbending. Ahhh, woo-woosh, psst." 

He pretended to airbend and El looked at him strangely. "Why are you acting weird?" 

"Why are you acting weird?" 

 "I don't know what you're talking about" Elira scowled at him before walking away.  

"El, wait!" Bolin chased after her, jumping in front of her to stop her from leaving "I'm sorry. And I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't realise Opal was flirting with me, you know I'm very bad at reading people" 

"Oh I know" El crossed her arms 

"Why didn't you say anything?" Bolin questioned 

"I didn't want to cause a scene. Besides..." Elira sighed and looked away "I can see why you would like Opal. She's sweet and pretty and super nice and--" 

"But she's not you " Bolin cupped El's cheek gently moving her face to look at him again. "Yeah, Opal may be nice and sweet. But she's not the one who brought me and Mako food every day we were on the streets. She's not the one who saved us from an angry store owner as kids. She's not the one who's stayed by my side all these years despite all the trouble I've gotten us into" 

Elira giggled softly, moving to hug Bolin tightly, smiling as he wrapped his arms around her "I'm sorry, too, Bo, I should've said something. I just spent so much time competing with other girls for your attention, so when I saw Opal flirting with you, I got a little jealous" 

Bolin rested his chin on her head "Well, you don't have to be. Because I love you, El. I'll always love you" 

Elira pulled back slightly, looking up at the earthbender in surprise "What did you just say?" 

Bolin cupped her face again, bringing her closer to him "I love you, airhead" 

Elira smiled, her eyes seeming to sparkle "I love you, too, dirt brain" 

The two stared at each other lovingly before Bolin leaned in and kissed Elira tenderly. Both of them closed their eyes in bliss as they wrapped their arms around each other, holding one another as close as possible. 

*

Back on Air Temple island that night,  Yorru walked into Tenzin's study and looked at a small shrine of an Air Nomad on one of the tables. He picked up the amulet, laying by the small statue and opened it to read the inscription inside. 

"Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty and become wind." He read

"What are you doing?" Turning around, Yorru found Ikki in her pyjamas standing behind him "No one's allowed in Daddy's study except Daddy." 

"I'm sorry. I couldn't sleep." He turned to face the young girl 

"What were you reading?" Ikki asked 

Yorru knelt in front of her and showed her the amulet "A poem by Guru Laghima, the wisest airbender who ever lived." 

"Ikki" The little girl turned around to see Kya and Ursa walking in 

"Ikki, you should be in bed. C'mon." Kya gestured for the little girl to go back to her bedroom. 

"Night" Ikki said to Yorru 

"Good night." He replied, standing back up as she left 

"You seem to know a lot about airbender history for someone who just got airbending" Ursa crossed her arms, narrowing her eyes suspiciously 

"I've always admired the culture," Yorru replied 

"And you moved through those gates like a natural" Ursa continued 

"Where did you say you were from?" Kya raised an eyebrow in question

"A small village up north. You've probably never heard of it." 

The cousins continued to hold a stare-off with the man for a moment 

"Wait a second..." Ursa's eyes suddenly shot open as she realised who this man really was 

" Zaheer!" 

Immidiently Ursa sent blasts of fire at the man as Kya bent the water from the fountain and blasted it at Zaheer but he jumped into the air and deflected it off with airbending. 

Kya bent the water around her and shot ice projectiles as Ursa kicked a sweep of fire at the criminal. 

 Zaheer took a staff, smashing the ice projectiles and extinguishing the fire blasts as he backed up towards the window. 

He then leapt out through the window, and landed on the room before running and opening the staff, preparing to escape but the two cousins weren't far behind him. Kya leapt out first with water tendrils on either arm, sending one to wrap around Zaheer, stopping him from escaping. 

"We need some help!" Ursa yelled as Kya leapt down from the roof, landing in the fountain, and slamming Zaheer into the water. 

Ursa quickly joined her side as she tried to freeze Zaheer, however, he managed to dodge the attack in the nick of time, having only his leg frozen, which he easily broke through as he jumped out of the water.

Kya bent the water into a wave and rode it toward him, as Ursa projected herself forwards with her flames. 

Kya directed all the water at Zaheer, but he shielded himself with airbending and sent her flying back with a gust of air. 

"Kya!" Ursa cried, seeing her cousin slam against the wall before falling to the ground still. 

The firebender turned and glared at Zaheer as he ran to grab his staff, sending a fire blast to stop him. Zaheer jumped out of the way of the fire, turning to return her glare as two sentries ran up to them. 

"Hold it right there!" One of them yelled and they sent blasts of fire at Zaheer along with Ursa

But Zaheer just dodged them nimbly, pulling the staff towards him with airbending. Using the staff to block another blast, he then threw a blast of air to slam the sentries against the roof of a pavilion.

Hearing the crackle of electricity, Zaheer diverted his attention back to Ursa, seeing her glaring dangerously at him as electricity sparked around her and her pointed fingers. 

The two stared at each other for a moment before Ursa sent directed the lighting shooting toward Zaheer. 

But it didn't hit him. 

Instead, Zaheer dodged the blast, letting it hit the bridge behind him, before sending a large air blast at Ursa, pushing her back until she slammed against the wall, and fell to the ground beside Kya unconscious. 

"Sorry, I won't be joining you at the Northern Air Temple. I'm afraid I have other plans." Zaheer gloated before opening the glider and flying away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.4K 1.5K 44
After three years, Team Avatar is back in Republic City for Prince Wu's coronation. However, after things take an unexpected turn, Ulazu is forced to...
131K 3K 26
Being the daughter of the current Fire Lord, and the future Fire Lord has its ups and downs. People adoring you and getting away with things that you...
9.7K 250 13
WARNING: If you have not read the first book (Love is in the air) I recommend reading that first to get a better sense of this book. After the equali...
39.8K 1.1K 25
______________________________ ______________________ Book 1; Y/n daughter of Commander Bumi and M/n a fragile noble from the fire nation who died wh...