When Extremes meet

Elira was waiting on the docks with Korra, Naga and her siblings. They were waving as the ferry with Bolin, Mako and Asami pulled up at the port.

"You're finally here!" Ikki grinned in excitement as an Air Acolyte threw the anchor in the water while two others let down the ramp to allow the passengers off. 

"Welcooome to Air Temple Island. Your new home." 

"Yes, welcome to my domain" Meelo pointed at himself, his other hand holding Elira's  

"Well, aren't you sweet, little monk child." Bolin smiled at the boy, carrying his duffel bag over his shoulder as Mako and Asami descend the ramp behind him. 

Pabu jumped down from Bolin's shoulder and ran in between Meelo's legs. The little boy bent over and looked through his legs as Pabu ran off with Pichi jumping off Elira's shoulder to follow him. 

"What's that fuzzy creature?" He asked standing up again, pointing at the ferret. 

"That is a fire ferret. "Jinora began explaining as Pabu and Naga sniffed each other's noses. Pichi landed on Naga's head as Pabu erected himself on his hind legs, and gently touched Naga's nose with his front paw.

"An arboreal mammal common to the bamboo forests of the central Earth Kingdom" 

"Yep, his name's Pabu" Elira added, resting her arm on Jinora's head making her look up at her annoyed. 

" He's cuuuute!" Ikki squealed, jumping out from behind her sisters and running towards Pabu. 

Meelo airbent upward while an irritated Jinora plugged her ears to silence Ikki's shrieks. Elira just laughed at them. 

Pabu hissed at Ikki and ran under Naga with the girl following suit continuing to giggle with joy. Pichi screeched and quickly moved out of the way as Meelo descended down to jump on Naga's head, almost sitting on the poor lemur.

" Yip yip! Fly sky bison! Fly!" He grinned, grabbing the polar bear dog's ears and pulling them backwards.

"Thanks for sending the Air Acolytes to help us with the move." Mako smiled at Elira and Korra 

"Yes, they've been amazing. Such tireless workers." Asami added, waving her hand. 

Hearing grunting, Elira looked and her jaw dropped in shock as two Air Acolytes began carrying several trunks of luggage down the ramp. 

"I thought you were only bringing a few things" Korra shrieked a bit as the Air Acolytes stumbled causing the luggage to threaten to topple onto her and El. Thankfully, the Air Acolytes managed to balance themselves in time.

"Trust me, it could've been worse" Mako replied as the Air Acolytes re-orientated themselves and headed toward the temple. 

"No problem, everyone here wants you guys to feel welcome." Elira smiled as Meelo ran back over to her, holding his arms up indicating he wanted to be held. 

*

Naga playfully chased Pabu and Pichi around as the group strolled behind them toward the temple. Ikki ran around with her hands outstretched, singing and humming gleefully. As they walked, Asami glanced over and looked confused to see Meelo grinning at her while in Elira's arms. 

"You're pretty, can I have some of your hair?" He held out his hand to the girl. 

Asami looked disturbed by the request. 

" Looks like I have some competition." Mako joked, smirking at his girlfriend 

Meelo retracted his hand before grabbing a lock of his sister's hair "Can I have some of your hair, El?"