The Sting

Elira bust into the practice room, making the Wolf Bats jump as she glared at them fuming!

"Real funny, guys" She snapped, sarcastically "Hilarious. Don't tell the new girl the song was already chosen so she can embarrass herself in front of everyone"

"Hey, don't snap at us. Tahno interrupted before we could say anything" Shaozu argued and El turned her glare on the waterbender.

Tahno sighed and stood up "Look, it wasn't my intention to embarrass you in front of Varrick. But the song  he picked is total garbage compared to yours. There's no way it's gonna inspire anyone, let alone the entire city"

"Yeah, well it doesn't matter anyway, Varrick wouldn't even look at my songs. No one's ever gonna hear them" Elira frowned disheartened at her songbook.

Tahno turned to look at the other Wolf Bats, who nodded at him before he turned back to Elira

"Says who?"

Elira looked up shocked " What? You...You're not suggesting--"

"That's exactly what we're suggesting" Tahno smirked as the other Wolf Bats joined his side.

"But Varrick--"

"Will see how wrong he is," Ming said, joining Tahno's side with Shazou

"We meant what we said earlier, Elira. With a tune, your songs could be killer" Shazou added

"And you know what? We'll prove it to you" Tahno gestured to the others and they rushed over to their instruments.

"Pick one of your songs"

El looked confused "What?"

"Sing one of your songs, we'll provide the music and you'll see just how great your lyrics are" Tahno explained

Elira looked reluctantly down at her book as Pichi chittered on her shoulder, nuzzling her cheek

"Come on, little airbender, take a risk" Tahno encouraged and Elira glanced up at him as he gestured to the microphone

"Trust us"

Elira sighed, giving in, and flicked through her book for a moment before settling on one of her songs.

Pichi jumped off her shoulder as she stood in front of the microphone and took a deep breath.

"He looks at me" She began to sing " I fake a smile so he won't see"

The Wolf Bats began playing a tune matching El's singing making the airbender glance at them, smiling slightly.

"That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be.
I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about
And she's got everything that I have to live without"

Pichi watched the band playing from where she was now perched on a table. She chittered happily, glad to see her owner enjoying herself.

"He talks to me. I laugh 'cause it's just so funny
But I can't even see anyone when he's with me"

Elira closed her eyes, getting completely lost in the music as she began to dance slightly in front of the mic. Bouncing on her feet a little.

"He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right. I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night"

Tahno then joined in on the singing, tapping his foot to the music.

"He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar. The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star. He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do"