The Sand Queen ✅

By MsDaCookie

People used to say that a man is complete with a woman by his side. They symbolize the harmony, the fulness... More

First
Second
Third
Fourth
Fifth
Sixth
Seventh
Eighth
Ninth
Tenth
Twelfth
Thirteenth
Fourteenth
Fifteenth
Sixteenth

Eleventh

567 22 8
By MsDaCookie

We decided to show the others our set later, for Eddie's relief. He liked the clothes and all, but since he was a hungry man, he rather prefered a huge hamburger in menu than examining us for more than 5 minutes.

Rebecca and Mom were way more hyped about seeing us walk to them – especially, seeing Morpheus taking my hand, gently holding my little paw in his manly, long fingers. I tried hiding my blush, but with someone like my mother and my soon-to-be sister-in-law, it wasn't the easiest task. Their smiles were as wide as possible, even though they „tried" to hide them.

Before any of them could have attacked us with their overgoingly crazy hype toward us being a pair finally, I joined Eddie's idea of eating something. With that, I killed two birds with one stone: no embarrassing comments and a satisfied brother.

We chose a local restaurant, where the owner guy made the food himself. You could choose from various types of hamburgers, tacos, enchiladas, fries boxes and so on. I chose a sweet potato based fries box with coleslaw and BBQ steak bites, Mom choosing the exact same. Rebecca chose basic enchilada, while Eddie stayed at his usual order, an XXL BBQ burger menu. Morpheus said he'll just grab some bites from mine, he wasn't really hungry.

Now, that was a fact that made Rebecca bring up Morpheus's origin while waiting for our order.

It was only the two of us. The others chose to sit down and wait at the table, giving us some eventually personal privacy to chit-chat.

"Even though he's a grumpy, ancient god, he would give his everything for you" Rebecca sounded up suddenly, catching me off guard. "How did you end up together?"

My eyes widened. I didn't even dare to look at her, my heart was beating so fast. I didn't know if his secret could have been revealed or not. Still, there was no use to lie in front of someone you had been seeing every single day for years now. Plus, she was a History teacher.

"He needed help" I began my explanation. As the memories flooded my view, sweet warmness filled my heart. I even laughed out loud. "You know, at first I thought he's a stalker on the street"

Rebecca chuckled with me. "Well, he looks pretty unusual, you're not wrong with that. But why your help? I thought we don't have a witch in the house"

I smiled at her. "Well, I didn't know about my power either. He said that sometimes, when someone can't fall asleep, he visits them" I turned my attention back at the god, who seemed to enjoy his stay with my brother and mom. He laughed at something with them, his smile the sexiest I have ever seen. "I was one of those people. However, his special sand seemed to have other side effects on me beside finally being able to have a good sleep"

"You received from his power, I presume" the woman added.

I nodded. "It's invisible here on Earth. No gadget can detect it. But in his kingdom, in the dream realm, it is shown by my hair glowing"

"Can you use it here, though?"

"I think so" I shrugged, uncertain. "I only used his special sand here to travel. Maybe being able to use that counts as part of my magic... I rather used my power in the dream realm"

With pairs of questions-and-answers like these, time flew by pretty fast. The next we noticed were our orders ready: we grabbed them, feeling that some sort of special bond, something that happens only between sister-in-law and the husband's sister was formed between us.

~•~

"I think you look sexy in that black shirt" I shrugged in an acted I-don't-care style as we all exited my cooling, turned off car in front of our house.

Morpheus shook his head, smiling at me from his incredible height. I wasn't the highest girl, you could easily tell that. "I have never thought I'll have to take my duty aside and escort a mortal to a crowded place"

I stuck my tongue at him, giving him a quick blow on his cheek. I was both surprised and proud with my braveness.

Clearly not expecting him pulling me back for an unexpected kiss on the lips. One of his long hands were resting on my hips, the other under my chin, holding my head still. As his scent entered my nostrils, I felt my already raccing heart beat even faster, my spirit leaving the ground for the so-called pinkish fog.

I didn't feel fear at all. That fear, caused by the unknown transformed into a flame. A hungry flame, curious amd hungry for more.

We guided the almost-married couple inside along with my Mom. It was a difficult task to say goodbye – still, I didn't want to rob Dream's precious time even more. He always has something to solve or work on in his own kingdom and his mortal girlfriend understands that completely.

However, the fact that he insisted on going with him rose my spirit in unimaginable heights. The way he gently hugged me close to him, placing his chin on top of my head – I had never realised being truly in love means that.

"How was the trip to the mall?" Lucienne inquired as the last atomic piece of ours fit back to its rightful place. She had har usual belonging with her, Matthew bouncing happil by her side.

I slipped out of Morpheus's arms, excitement bursting out of me as if I was a volcano. I began happily stamping my way to the woman, my mouth in an ear-to-ear smile. "We eventually chose our clothes – even Morpheus!"

Lucienne's expression showed a mixture of joy and satisfaction. She was always anxious of Dream's decisions, this little news surely made her day. "Congratulations!"

"Can we see it, Mr. Boss?" the bird inquired, flapping his wings in a flutter.

Every one of us turned our heads toward the god. The way he took a deep breath, the speed his expression changed to a denying one, I knew right away that he was about to say no.

So I took in action.

I stepped to him, holding his long, cold fingers in my small palms. Turning my face upwards, I aimed the combination of puppy eyes and pouching mouth at him, repeating 'Please' again and again.

Since it didn't seem to work – not surprising me a tiny bit, thanks to being familiar with his stubbornness –, a sudden, brave but possibly working idea appeared in my mind. I hesitated for a second, since it was a risky decision and I might even get a bad first impression in the field, but you gotta be brave in some cases.

I tiptoed close to him, leaning with my hands against his chest. My mouth almost touched the skin on his right ear as I spoke, feeling his body stiffen in the second the words left my mouth. "If we show them the clothes, I'll later show up in your room"

The god turned his widened, bright blue gaze down at me, them shining with curiousity and hunger. His pale, thin lips took a turn upwards, his right arm resting on my hips. I knew he couldn't deny such offer.

"Alright" he sighed in the end, leaning his head down to the level of my ear. He gave a kiss onto the side of my cheek, only a few centimetres from my ear. I felt his breath tickling my skin, sending pleasant and delirious chill down my spine as he spoke. "About your visit... I'll go easy on you since it's your first time"

He left me no time to even recollect my consciousness. I just stood there, stunned, with my thoughts running all over my head like crazy butterflies even when he was already in his black shirt.

"Want me to help you change your clothes, Princess?" Morpheus inquired with fake curiousity. His smile uncovered how much he enjoyed badgering me.

I stuck out my tongue at him, poking him by his side, my chin held toward the sky like a proud horse's. "No, thank you. I can solve this by myself"

And with that, knowing I was in the dream realm, aka being able to do anything, I simply imagined my black dress on me. It took me by surprise how easily my clothes changed to my wedding dress. The thought slipped along my body, like a scanner, changing my clothes with no problem at all, inch by inch.

The next thing I noticed me being in my coal black wedding dress, swirling around and around, enjoying the way the skirt part flew around and around carelessly.

I saw the appreciation in everyone's eyes, including Morpheus himself. His mesmerizing, blue gaze was shining with pride, his always grumpy face lit up by joy.

Oh, how I wish we could have enjoyed the moment more!

Because at the moment a too well known voice hit my ears, the magical, pink cloud disappeared, leaving my legs spread roots in shock.

"Addie! Addie, I don't know how I got here and where I am, but you gotta help! Some sort of crazy woman kidnapped her!" my brother panted as he ran toward us, his always bright expression pale as snow and scared to death.

We all turned to him, me and Dream hurrying closer as he approached. I grabbed his cold hands, my heart racing with the speed of light. I had a horrible feeling who he had talked about, still I hoped for not hearing that name. "Who, Eddie? Who was kidnapped?"

"Rebecca, Addie!" his voice was weak and thin, shaking from true fear. If it was just me and him, the two siblings, he would have already burst into tears. "My bride was kidnapped!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.9K 4K 42
What if The Sandman dreams and what if it is her? - The series plus the original character 🌌 Katrien and Morpheus's story 🥀 - Credits to the artist...
9.9K 297 15
I never really knew or can remember my mother. The only thing I know is that she's the reason I'm here in the mansion. She walked back to them with h...
156K 5.3K 27
Born only a fee years after her brother, Y/N Burgess is tossed into a weird adventure after her father did some voodoo hoodoo stuff in their cellar...
11.4K 355 25
"You'll learn soon enough, that in this world, little of things are metaphorical." ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* IN WHICH Atia and Morpheus try to overcome the obstacl...