Sparks Of Hope (Danganronpa U...

Per infinitenazo

The Tragedy has brought the entire world down to its knees. Endless carnage and senseless violence and destru... Més

Prologue Part One: Imprisonment
Prologue Part Two: Automatic Ursine Assault
Chapter 1: Arrival of the Genocider
Akira's Profile
Chapter 2: Formation
Chapter 3: Bombs Away!
Chapter 4: Explosive Hardships
Chapter 5: Monokuma Child Chase
Chapter 6: Duel Against The Demons
Chapter 7: Into The Subway
Chapter 8: Say Hello To Shirokuma!
Chapter 9: The Secret Base
Chapter 10: The Trouble With Towers
Chapter 11: Savage Sacrifices
Chapter 12: Sibling Contact
Chapter 13: The Dark Halls
Chapter 14: Ambush and Tension
Chapter 15: Crisis Outside The Cells
Chapter 16: Rescuing Komaru
Chapter 17: Please Leave The City
Chapter 18: Servant Of Hope And Despair
Chapter 19: High Expectations
Chapter 20: Back To The Base
Chapter 21: Hope Of The Adults
Chapter 22: The Ghost Of Towa
Chapter 23: Endgame
Chapter 24: History Of The Towa Family
Chapter 25: A Hope To Call Your Own
Epilogue: The Changing World We Made

Prologue Part Three: The Warriors Of Hope

376 11 0
Per infinitenazo

(3rd Person's POV)

...

...

...

"Hey... can you hear me...? Are you okay?"

A groan escaped Komaru's lips as her eyes began to flutter open. Her vision returning to her, she sat up and looked around to see that she was in some sort of metal room.

Her expression portrayed confusion before noticing the other person in the room. He had messy white hair, sickly pale skin, and green eyes.

"You look completely exhausted." The man stated.

"Wh-who are you?" Komaru asked.

"Me?" The man pointed to himself before making a dismissive wave. "Oh, my name's not really important. After all...I'm just a lowly servant."

Komaru blinked in confusion before the "Servant", as he called himself, continued.

The Servant sighed. "I had heard this time would be safe, so I came here to seek refuge. But then, the riots. And on top of that, I get captured by them. I've seriously got no luck at all." He lamented before the frown he had quickly turned into an easygoing smile. "But because I pleaded for my life, they allowed me to live...as their servant."

"U-Um..." Komaru didn't know how to respond.

"Ah, I'm being rude. Enough about me, let's talk about you." The Servant said. "Either you truly are completely exhausted, or you're simply afraid to wake up and face reality. You were asleep a full two days."

Komaru's eyes widened. "A-A full two days!?"

The Servant nodded. "A full two days. More than enough time for the world to change completely. Yes, even our world can change just that quickly. Like a watercolor painting caught in the rain. ...Ah, but you're more concerned about yourself than the world right now, correct?" He assumed. "You're wondering what's to become of you, now that you're trapped here, in this place."

"..Wh-What's going to happen to me?" Komaru inquired, looking apprehensive. The Servant simply sighed in response. "Huh?"

"Ah, apologies." He apologized. "Your reaction was so...normal... It surprised me a little. Ahah, you honestly...don't have a single unique characteristic."

"U-Um...?"

"Well, no need to be depressed about it. This world is filled with unremarkable people. And the only one capable of empathizing with common, boring people... is a common, boring person like yourself. ...So that's why you pass."

"Wh-What are you talking about?"

"Well, that is just my personal opinion." The Servant shrugged. "It doesn't matter to them at all. Which means I'll need you to take a proper test."

"...A test?" Komaru repeated.

"Ah, but before that, I'll return this to you..." The Servant walked up and handed her a familiar megaphone-looking weapon.

"Th-The Hacking Gun!" Komaru exclaimed.

"I borrowed it from you without permission, sorry. But I absolutely had to analyze its capabilities." The Servant defended. "It sure is an amazing little machine. A device that forcibly hacks machines by shooting program codes with electromagnetism..." He admired before noting. "However, it was a bit...too powerful. I made a few modifications. For game balance purposes."

"Game...balance?" Komaru raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, no need to worry. You'll have the opportunity to upgrade it later." The Servant assured her.

"U-Um... I have no idea what you're talking about..." Komaru mumbled, her ahoge twitching a bit.

The Servant chuckled. "I understand how you feel, but...it's about time you started the test. If you can safely make it all the way to where everyone is waiting, you pass."

"Everyone...?"

"...You'll meet them when you get there. However, even after you meet everyone, be sure to keep that gun of yours a secret." The Servant advised before turning his back to her. "...If you don't want to die, that is." He mumbled before turning his head back. "I'll be going on ahead."

With that, the mysterious man left, leaving Komaru just as confused as she was when she woke up.

"Wh-What the heck...? What's going on now?" Komaru wondered.

Calming down for a second, she got up off the bed she was on and gripped her Hacking Gun tightly. She looked at it and noticed that most of the settings were gone. She furrowed her eyebrows before aiming at the power panel with the red light.

Letting it rip, the green shot released and the door slid open. "It's unlocked...but I'm scared..." Komaru muttered as she went through and entered the metal hallway.

"Puhuhuhu!" A voice giggled as a Monokuma robot appeared as it charged at Komaru.

"E-Eek!" Komaru lightly shrieked before aiming at the bear's red eye and shooting it with the Break setting. 

"The gun...it feels...weaker, somehow..." Komaru noticed. "Is this the "game balance" that guy was talking about...?"

Regardless, she went forward and after blasting another Monokuma in the red eye, she walked into a grey room, where behind her, gates slammed down on the entrance. "H-Huh?! Did I just get locked in?!"

Komaru's head turned to see a Monokuma coming towards her, only to blast it once more. She looked to the see and saw a machine. "Maybe...what about...?" She mumbled before putting her Hacking Gun on the "Move" setting and blasting the machine, where the gates opened up.

Running through, Komaru went up the stairs and saw a white and gold door in front of her. "I-Is this where that guy was talking about...?"

Well, only one way to find out.

She walked forwards and opened the door.

---

Komaru entered the door, only to see four children. 3 boys, and one girl. The brunette recognized them instantly.

"You... you're those kids! The kids who were on TV!"

The red-haired boy grinned. "Aw man, I'm famous! I'd autograph your back anytime!"

"Hehehe... I can only write using a chisel, but if you don't mind that, I can sign your back, too." The masked boy chimed.

"We accept presents, as well!" The small, pink-haired girl added. "I'm always in the mood for sweets." She smiled before her face went blank. "However, salty flavors are no good. Those disgusting tastes are never worth putting in your mouth!"

"I wanna drive a train some day, but can't. I wanna go inside a chimney." The masked boy blurted out randomly.

The blue-haired boy, meanwhile, simply folded his arms and stared at Komaru with a serious expression.

"Welcome, Big Sis!" A voice cheered as the green-haired girl on a wheelchair rolled in. "I'm so happy you came, meow~!"

"Uh...um...uh..." Komaru droned, not knowing how to react.

"Oh, that's right. Big Sis doesn't know us yet." The green-haired girl giggled. "Well, I guess we should start with introductions!"

The redhead proudly folded his arms. "Alright! Let's start with me, the leader! I'm the leader of the Warriors of Hope! Hero class, Masaru Daimon! I always give 100 percent! My favorite class was Gym, so they called me Li'l Ultlmate P.E.!" He laughed. "Aha! A Hero, the leader, and the Li'l Ultimate P.E.! I even impress myself!" He boasted. "I'm the P.E. King who can do every exercise ever! Running nonstop 24/7/365 is easy as pie! Oh, I almost forgot! My job in the Warriors of Hope is the Hero! And as Hero and the leader, I'm gonna be the new ruler of this town!"

"Hmph." The blue-haired boy scoffed. "You're far too boastful to be a leader. A true leader is calm and dignified."

"But I am the leader! We all agreed on it!" Masaru pouted.

The pink-haired girl snickered. "All he did was win Rock-Paper-Scissors..."

"Doesn't matter!" Masaru continuously stopped his foot. "I'm still the leader! I won, so I'm the leader! The leadeeer!"

The blue-haired boy rolled his eyes. "Fine, fine. You're the leader. Now allow me to introduce myself." He cleared his throat as he started. "I am the Sage, Nagisa Shingetsu. I am the vice-leader of sorts. During my time at Hope's Peak Elementary, I was known as Li'l Ultimate Social Studies."

Komaru looked interested. "Huh? Hope's Peak? ...You mean...that Hope's Peak!?"

"Hm? Why should that surprise you?"

"I... I didn't know there was an elementary school affiliated with the academy..."

Nagisa shook his head. "Hmpf. Such an ignorant woman. Of course, Social Studies is but one area of my expertise. I excel at all scholarly pursuits. I was labeled Li'l Ultimate Social Studies because I was raised to be among society's elite. And... I suppose I am a babysitter of sorts for the Warriors of Hope... Monaca excluded." He sighed as he looked at the others. "Anyway... Who's next? Perhaps Jataro?"

"Ah, wait! Before I go, can I practice introducing myself?" The masked boy, apparently named Jataro, requested. "Um... What was I gonna say...? Uh, I'm the Priest, Jataro Kemuri..."

"And you specialized in arts and crafts, making you Li'l Ultimate Art, correct? Moving on..." Nagisa interrupted.

"Awww... You said what I was gonna say... The whole thiiing..." Jataro whined. "Ugh... My chest itches... I wish I could scratch it raw, reach inside and scrape my nails on it..." He mumbled. "You know how when you stare into moving bicycle spokes, you get all scared? Like, for some reason, you imagine how painful it would be to put your hand in... oh, um, my name is Jataro Kemuri. And bird skin isn't yummy no matter how you cook it. If it's arts and crafts, leave it to me. I can remove nails, and varnish, and things... I do the Priest thing for the Warriors of Hope... Oh, and also, I wonder if aliens exist."

The pink-haired girl rolled her eyes. "Your speeches are always too long... It's like how an elephant's nose is so long... But then again, giraffe necks are long too. And also, waiting for a plane takes too long, and Spring Break is too long..."

"U-Um..." Komaru mumbled, getting the girl's attention.

"Well, anyway, don't worry about Jataro. He's a latchkey kid. It made him a bit mental." She said. "It's not that I dislike latchkey kids, though. Some kids say they have magical powers! Isn't that awesome? You might get caught inside a magical parallel universe!" She squealed. "Oh, sorry for the late introduction! My name's Kotoko Utsugi, and I play the role of Fighter. I was called Li'l Ultimate Drama, but that was a long time ago, so I'll leave that part out. My favorite food is peeled chestnuts. My least favorite food is unpeeled chestnuts." Kotoko laughed. "Kyahaa! Aren't you surprised? They're both chestnuts!"

"Uh...um...uh..." Komaru looked and sounded completely flabbergasted.

"And hey, did you know!? Kangaroos can jump backwards! And, and! And believe it or not, snakes have ears! Ewww!" Kotoko exclaimed. "

"Yes, yes, that's all very nice. Our next introduction is Monaca." Nagisa said.

"Okies!" The green-haired girl, apparently named Monaca, raised her hand up into the air. "Monaca is a Mage. And when I attended elementary school, I was called the Li'l Ultimate Homeroom. I'm sure you're familiar with it, right? Homeroom? Monaca just loves Homeroom! The first hour of the day when we can share our thoughts... And that is why, even in the Warriors of Hope, I'm the life of the party! You might think there are no Ultimates and Commons in a class like Homeroom, but there are! For me, my skill isn't really about uniting people, it's about getting them all to help me. Believe it or not, I bring together a lot of wonderful people... it would be nice if you could be a wonderful person for Monaca, too..." She smiled before looking up at Komaru. "Ah, but... You are familiar with the Warriors of Hope?

Komaru shook her head. "N-No..."

"The Warriors of Hope are heroes who save the world from Demons. Isn't that amazing?" Kotoko smiled. 

"We're a party of heroes that hunt down Demons... But nobody really wants me in the group..." Jataro flopped his head down.

"And I'm the party leader! Which makes me the number one king of this town!" Masaru added, puffing out his chest.

"U-Um... You... You kids are just joking, right?" Komaru spoke up. "With demons and kings..."

"Joking...around?" Nagisa raised an eyebrow.

"I mean you guys are just kids, right? For a bunch of kids to be doing this kind of stuff..."

Nagisa furrowed his eyebrows, frowning. ""Just kids"..." He grumbled.

"Huh?" Komaru took a step back.

"Awww... That's the only thing I can say, just "awww"... Since you're an About-to-Be, we were thinking..." Kotoko glared at her. "Well, doesn't matter. You're clearly a Demon."

"Adults, children... The power structure remains the same. The subjects have merely been switched." Nagisa narrowed his eyes. "With our Monokumas, you'll be nothing more than a squashed bug beneath our feet."

"Splattered like the sound of bloody chopped meat, intestines falling out of you like sausages..." Jataro smirked.

"Oh, stop that, Jataro! If you say it like that, she'll think we're joking." Kotoko pouted.

"Huh? "Our Monokumas"? So the ones controlling those Monokumas out there are..." Komaru trailed off.

Masaru nodded in confirmation. "That's right! Isn't it so cool!? The Monokumas obey any order we give 'em!"

"All thanks to Monaca's magic." Nagisa smiled darkly.

"Yeah, that's our Mage! She can use magic even without magic circles!" Masaru grinned.

Monaca smiled. "Hehehe, thank you everyone, you're so nice!"

"Kyaaa! Monaca's smile is sooo adorbs!" Kotoko's face flared up. "Oh, I just wanna smother you in syrup and eat you uuup!"

"N-No!" Komaru suddenly exclaimed. "Stop it! Stop!"

"Stop? Which part?" Jataro asked.

"If what you're saying is true, please, stop all of this!" Komaru pleaded.

"We will not." Nagisa refused. "We will never stop until we've completed our paradise..."

"Paradise...?" Komaru repeated.

"Oh? You didn't hear our address? A paradise made of children, by children, for children!" Monaca said.

"We're gonna kill all the adults in this town and make a paradise just for kids! Isn't it awesome!? No school or homework in paradise, woo hoo!" Masaru cheered.

Jataro sighed. "Why must fireflies die so young...?"

"And since our paradise is for children only, there won't be any more pedophiles, either!" Kotoko grinned.

"But can we keep the ice cream store? The ice cream didn't do anything wrong..." Jataro said.

"Wh-What are you saying!?" Komaru yelled. "What're you talking about...? It doesn't make any sense!"

"Mmgh..." Monaca pouted before tears started welling up in her eyes. "It! Doesn't! Have to! Make! Any! Sense!" She shouted, throwing her arms up in a temper tantrum. "That's! All! If! Monaca! Wants! It! It! Happens! That's! How! It! Is!"

All the other Warriors panicked as they surrounded Monaca. "Uh-oh! This is bad! Monaca's maaad!" Masaru looked nervous.

"I-It's going to be alright, Monaca! Please, don't get upset... It's all going according to plan!" Nagisa tried to calm her down.

"That's right!" Jataro agreed. "If Monaca says it, then white is black, cats are dogs, and, um... What else...?"

"Oh please, oh please don't get mad!" Kotoko pleaded. "We'll kill a lot of adults, see? So just smile, okay?"

"Hey!" Masaru shot a harsh glare at Komaru. "How dare you make Monaca mad! That's the last straw! As the leader, I'm gonna hunt you down!"

Komaru blinked. "H-Hunt?"

"Let us play a game. You will be our Demon prey." Nagisa narrowed his eyes.

"It's a reallyyy fun game, a godly game..." Jataro's eyes sparkled.

"It was Monaca's idea, after all!" Kotoko said.

"And the name of the game iiis..." Masaru started.

"Taadaa! Demon Hunting!" He grinned. "Demon Hunting is a game where you release Demons into Towa City... They're the Targets! It's a super fun game where the Warriors of Hope fight to see who takes down the Demon first!"

"Wooow, that sounds super fun!" Kotoko chirped. "And our very own Monaca came up with it! See, Monaca? We're going to play our special game! No need to be upset now, right?"

"Mmgh..." Monaca still looked a bit upset, before it changed on a time as she brightly smiled. "Yes, yes! So exciting! Let's do it! Come on, hurry up and let's do it!"

"N-No... By Target, you mean..." Komaru face briefly lost its color.

"You, hurry up and prepare the device." Nagisa ordered as Komaru looked to see some kind of black wristband on her wrist.

"Wh-What is this!?"

"This wristband is a custom-made device given to the Targets of the game." A voice said as Komaru turned around to see the Servant. "It would be best if you didn't try to remove it. Any tampering with it, and you'll go "boom.""

Komaru's eyes went bloodshot. "Boom!?"

"Okay then... Now we're ready." Jataro grinned.

"Alright! Let's go hunting!" Masaru exclaimed.

"W-Wait! Wait, hold on! This is a prank, isn't it? You're just kidding around!" Komaru looked frightened.

"You've seen what we've accomplished so far. This is no joke." Nagisa sighed. "For an adult, you sure are dense..."

"N-No, you don't understand!" Komaru frantically shook her head. "I... I'd be no good at this game! If you throw me into that town, I'd just get killed immediately! That's no fun, right?"

Kotoko giggled. "Oooh, so modest! But we know you don't die easy! You passed that test earlier!"

"Th-That was only because I had this gun..." Komaru quietly mumbled.

"Anyway, the test was splendid!" The Servant instantly cut through Komaru's words. "It was amazing how you were able to evade those Monokumas and make it this far. I guess it's all thanks to my advice from earlier, hm?"

"Advice...from earlier?" Komaru repeated.

---

"However, even after you meet everyone, be sure to keep that gun of yours a secret. ...If you don't want to die, that is..."

---

"Ah!" Komaru widened her eyes as she quickly shut herself up.

"Hey! He's talking without the leader's permission!" Masaru glared. "You're just a servant! Next time you talk without getting the okay from me, I'm gluing your mouth shut!"

The Servant only laughed. "Ahaha, that is quite a scary thought."

"Well? Let's get on with it!"

"Wh-Why...?"

"...What?" Masaru looked at Komaru, who looked like she was going to burst into tears.

"Why are you doing something so cruel? I didn't even do anything bad..."

The Warriors looked at each other before bursting into laughter. "Ahahahahahaha!"

"Oh geez, you're too funny! Ahaha, I'm laughing so hard my cheeks hurt!" Kotoko clenched her stomach.

"We play the games 'cuz they're fun, duh!" Masaru answered as if it was the most obvious answer in the world.

"Th-That's the only reason!?" Komaru shook her in spot.

"You're only surprised because you aren't used to this way of doing things." Monaca said. "This is just what we like. We do it because it's fun. And that truly is the only reason!"

"Searching for meaning in the meaningless is for adults. Children are untainted by such futility." Nagisa smirked before sighing. "But, to tell you the truth... I would rather not play this game. There is still much work to be done to build our paradise, yet here we are, playing games..."

"Then why? Why don't you stop?"

"We cannot do that. This is Monaca's game. She said she wants it done, so it will be done."

"Monaca is the princess! Everyone on our team tries to grant the princess's wish..." Jataro added with an unsettling grin.

"And I looove what Monaca loves!" Kotoko cheered.

"So that's basically the situation." Nagisa finished.

"Thank you, Nagisa. Even though you're so busy, you did all this work for the sake of my game..." Monaca smiled. "I'll have to bake you some delicious cookies later as thanks!"

Nagisa's face flushed red as he nervously played with his index fingers. "...Y-Yeah. Thank you."

"Awww! That's sooo not fair! I wanna eat Monaca's cookies too!" Kotoko pouted.

"Hey, Monaca! What about me? The leader!" Masaru jumped up and down in an attempt to get Monaca's attention.

Komaru looked at the kids in horror and bewilderment. "Why...? How can you kids just keep smiling like that? You're...you're not normal..."

"Hm, of course an adult sees us as abnormal." Monaca placed a finger to her chin before blowing up in her face. "But! Who! Cares! What! Adults! Say!" She shouted before calming right down at deeply staring at Komaru. "Also, Komaru Naegi... In your current situation, you don't have the right to say a thing. You cannot choose your path. Because this place you're in? It isn't a path at all."

"...What?"

"You are not on a path, you are feeling into an abyss. A darkness gaping open beneath your feet. You are just going to fall and fall... Can't you feel the pull of gravity?"

"Wh-What do you mean?"

"She means this!" Masaru grinned.

---

THE PARACHUTE DESCENT!

---

After falling down the parachute chute, Komaru made her way back to Towa City. But back with the Warriors of Hope...

"The child's ears are?!" Masaru shouted.

"Wonderful ears!" The others shouted.

" A child's eyes are!?"

"Adorable eyes!"

"A child's mouth is!?"

"A great big mouth!"

"Why is it so big!?"

"To gobble up the Demons! Hahahahahaha!"

"Alright!" Masaru folded his arms with a grin. "Gaaame on!"

"Let's say this particular Demon will be worth an extra high score because it upset us." Nagisa smirked, referring to Komaru.

"Ufufu, then it looks like I'll win when I catch it!" Kotoko smiled.

"A game is different than reality... So that means even I can actually win!" Jataro mused.

Kotoko placed a hand to her lips. "My my! it's rare to see Jataro so pumped... But it also makes him extra gross."

"That don't matter! At the end of the day, the one who wins is gonna be me, the leader!" Masaru boasted.

"Now now, it doesn't matter who wins." Nagisa lightly chided. "Just make sure you don't fight while playing the game!"

"Well, anyway, do you guys wanna get a cola or something?" Jataro asked.

"Oooh, a soda sounds great! Someone go buy some! Leader's orders!" Masaru cheered.

Though, unbeknownst to the others, Monaca stayed in the back, looking at everyone. "...Ufufufu..." She giggling. "And just like that, the pieces are in place. All that's left now is to wait for the despair. Hehe, I'm looking forward to it!"

"...Alright..." The Servant mumbled from afar. "Do your best, Miss Protagonist... With your lack of distinct characteristics. So common, so dull, so boring... Perhaps with them on your side, you'll stand a chance and make a beautiful hope..."

Prologue, The Warriors of Hope...Complete!

To be continued...?

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

191K 6.9K 40
Warning: Huge spoilers and embarrassing grammar errors Disclaimer: At some point, it will be able to be read as gender neutral with few hints that ma...
15K 203 39
Danganronpa one shots. Read the rules. Feel free to request! December 22, 2021- #25 under headcannons {I do not own danganronpa nor do I own any of...
185 2 4
This is a book full of one-shots that are all written by me! I will include ships that are from Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Danganronpa: Goodby...
6.9K 196 13
The 'mastermind' has decided to play one final game with Makoto Naegi, to prove himself as the Ultimate Hope or the Ultimate Despair... BOOK ONE - De...