Chapter 13: The Dark Halls

(3rd Person's POV)

The three would then try to navigate in the dark. Key word being try, as none of them can see jack shit.

"Ah! My arm! Who's touching my arm?!" Toko screeched.

"Your arm?! Who's touching my chest?!" Komaru cried. "Aki!"

Akira would simply cough into her fist, not confirming nor denying the accusation. "Hm?" She turned her head to see a bright sparkle in the distance. "What's that...?"

The girls would then head towards the direction of the sparkle, only to see a Monokuma!

...A small plushie version of Monokuma that a Monokuma Kid was playing with. The Monokuma plush also had a glowstick attached to it.

"...?"

When the Monokuma Kid spots the girls, they jump over the counter, accidently kicked a can of paint and ran off, leaving her glowstick behind.

"Ah! Hold on!" Toko called before grunting in frustration. "How do we get out of here?"

"Well, at least it's going to be a bit brighter now." Komaru said, holding up the glowstick.

"Th-That little brat! I'm... I'm sure she knows how to get out of this place!" Toko grumbled.

"Let's try following her footprints." Komaru used the Detect setting on her Hacking Gun to do just that as they other two followed.

---

Eventually, after traversing through the dark for a few minutes, the girls found the Monokuma Kid, partly on accident. 

"Got you!" Komaru instantly took action and caught the Monokuma Kid in a bear hold.

"Nooooooo!" The Monokuma Kid cried.

"Y-You!" Toko pointed at the Kid. "I bet you know exactly where the exit is, right? T-T-Tell me!"

"Uh huh..." The Monokuma Kid nodded as she pointed and brought them to an emergency staircase.

"An emergency staircase, right here? Thank Kami! Truly perfect for an emergency like right now!" Toko jumped for joy. " Let's hurry and get out of h-"

BONK!

But the Monokuma Kid would just slam one of the doors into Toko's face, knocking her to the ground.

"Tee hee..." The Monokuma Kid giggled as she closed the door, leaving the girls.

"Can't say I didn't see that coming..." Akira muttered.

"Wait! Hold o-" Komaru tried to say before an explosion rang out, knocking the girls back.

---

Meanwhile, in Toko's fantasy...

"...Toko... Hey, Toko! You better listen well... If you wash black clothes too many times, the color fades. But there's a way to combat this. It is a simple method. First, do the laundry like you normally would."

"Y—Yes... Do the laundry...like usual..."

"But before you rinse it off, add a little bit of beer to the water."

"Oh yes, I will! I'll add beer...anything!"

"And just like that, faded clothes can be fully restored!"

"Ahhh... I'm starting to get better at doing laundry!"

---

"Th-Thank you very much..." Toko gushed. "Now I can be the first livestock for Master..."