My Werewolf Neighbours

By MissLulu004

When Melissa and her mother move into a new town, they do not expect to have such otherworldly neighbours. We... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 16

107 7 0
By MissLulu004

"This isn't what was supposed to happen!" He panicked as his eyes darted toward everyone in the room until they stopped on me. All the rage and mortification disappeared and was replaced by many emotions, mainly joy, confusion and regret. "It wasn't supposed to be this way."

"So I was supposed to let a member of my pack die? I was supposed to let my daughter's mate die?" Damian asked in a deathly calm voice that said he was on thin ice. Wait, did he say daughter?

"I don't deserve her!" He cried as he tears slid down his cheeks and broke my heart. My hand ached to wipe them off his pale cheeks, but I couldn't find the courage in me to do that. "Please leave. All of you!" He growled, like actually growled like an animal.

I couldn't help the flinch that left my body as I dropped his hand as if it were hot fire.

A pair of strong, firm arms immediately caged me against a firm and muscular chest. I already knew it was Nolan as he rubbed the sides of my arms with his larger, warmer hands. The warmth that spread from them calmed my nerves down as I avoided eye contact with the person on the bed.

"I understand you are upset, but do not EVER yell at our mate again." Nolan said with such power and strength that I felt myself visibly shiver in his arms. The power that oozed from him was so strong, but it made me feel so safe. Like no one and nothing could ever hurt me while I was in his arms.

"Please leave." Zane whispered like a broken child.

"We should give him some space before he snaps and says something he will regret." Mom said with such warmth and softness coated with a ton of authority and power.

No one questioned her as we all followed behind her. Nolan closed the door behind us without a word, not giving me a chance to even think about turning around and looking back.

"Are you alright, Mel?" Nolan worriedly asked as he took my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I sighed, even though it felt like my brain was struggling to process everything before it exploded. "I think I need some time to absorb all of this and probably stew over it too."I awkwardly chuckled.

"A good night's sleep might be the first step to that. It's already nine, but first, I hear you haven't eaten anything. Please let me warm up some of tonight's dinner? Just take a few bites then you can go to bed, please?" He begged.

"Sure, thank you." I immediately responded because in all honesty, my stomach was empty.

He smiled at me and led me towards the kitchen before having me sit in on one of the barstools as he heated up some creamy pasta. My stomach immediately groaned at the sweet aroma, but this time, I didn't care. I just waited patiently for him until he placed the plate with pasta and a fork in front of me and took a seat next to me. It almost seemed like his body needed to be close to me, perhaps it was for reassurance, I don't know. I do know that my body warmed up at his affectionate gaze that I tried to ignore as I grabbed the fork and stabbed into the pasta, making sure that the head of the fork was severely covered.

"Aren't you going to eat?" I curiously asked as I took note of the absence of food in front of me.

He shook his head and softly smiled at me. "I'm not feeling that hungry." He replied. My face immediately turned into a frown as my gaze froze on the food in front of me. I wonder.

I turned the fork in his direction and ordered," Eat."

Normally I have a thing with sharing things with people I don't quite know yet, but something inside me wouldn't let that get to me as I firmly stared at the man in front of me.

His shoulders slumped in defeat as he obediently opened his mouth and allowed me to feed him. He slowly chewed his food before swallowing and commenting. "You know this isn't necessary, right?"

I shook my head at him before responding," If what you guys have told me about mates and if I am your mate, then I have to take care of you when I feel you need me and right now, I think you need me to take care of you. Even if it means I have to force you to eat."

He merely sighed but nodded in agreement letting me feed him as I fed myself. Soon, there was nothing left on the plate and I was satisfied with the little that we had in our stomachs. Unfortunately, I couldn't savour the food as much as I would have liked,  but I will say that it was appetising.  I enjoyed every bite. This man can cook-or whatever he is.

"Where are Mom, Damian and that guy?" I curiously asked as I took note of the quietness in the house.

"Well, your Mom and Alpha Damian went over to your house while the pack doctor left to deal with another emergence." He responded as he grabbed the plate in front of me along with the fork and went to wash it in the sink.

"A huge part of me wants to ask about this Alpha business, but I'm scared my mind might explode at this point." I sighed as I rested my head in the palm of my hand.

"I'm sorry," He weakly smiled at me from across the island. "How are you feeling about all of this?" He cautiously asked, his gaze seeming fearful of mine as it stuck to the very clean island top.

"Honestly, I'm confused. I'm in a war with myself," I wryly chuckled," A part of me is finding all of this very hard to believe and tells me that everything is a lie. That all of this can't be. Whereas a more subtle part of me is telling me that all of this is true and to be honest, that part of me strongly believes that. I guess I'm just confused, I don't know." I sighed.

His eyes finally gained the courage to connect with mine that had a strong surge of turmoil brewing in them with no doubt. His soft eyes were tired and pained, but you could see the genuine care and understanding in them as he smiled at me. He moved his hand over to mine, just for it to freeze in mid-air as hesitation and doubt filled those green gems.

"It's okay." I reassured.

He smiled at me in gratitude as a response and allowed his warm, large hand to gently engulf mine. The sweet warmth slowly helped the raging waves of nerves inside of me making them become less vigorous and tamed. I felt like I had finally found the equilibrium in which I was no longer drowning, but I was not completely over the waves yet. Half of my body was being swayed by them, but I could finally breath.

He gingerly intertwined our fingers that automatically fit so well together that a soft gasp left my lips.

"Just know that I'm here for you, Melissa and that you're not going through this alone. We will take this slowly until you have settled into everything and I hope you will give me or rather us a chance. I know Zane is currently going through his own whirlwind of emotions, but I know he'll come around especially with a mate like you who'll be there for him when he needs you. But, until then, take your time, but please come visit and allow us to visit. The mate bond fever is not very comfortable," He openly shivered at the thought of the 'Mate bond fever' He was referring to.

A part of me was curious about the terminology and wanted to ask, but the larger part of me knew that I've already had too much information thrown my way tonight and I would need to deal with that first before I take in any more new information.

He gently brought my hand to his lips and placed a gentle, featherlight kiss on the back of my hand, unknowingly making my hormones and nerves rage at the sensual, but innocent touch. My heart fluttered at the small show of affection as I released a shaky breath. The warmth of his lips sent electricity up my hand to through my body, making it hum at the sweet feeling.

"Let me accompany you home. I don't want you walking alone at night." He smiled at me. The sudden appearance of a spark in his eyes promised me that he was slightly aware of how his touch made me feel which was both embarrassing and exhilarating because if he knew, then that means he could give me more of the sweet touches.

"Sure." I responded with a dazed smile and for the first time tonight, he released a genuine laugh as he let my hand drop and made his way across the island.

"May I?" He offered help. I merely smiled and nodded, indicating that he could take it which he did without a second thought. Soon he was gently wrapping his arms around my waist and  helping me off the chair before he comnected our hands again and guided me to the door. Like the sweet man Nolan is, he stepped out first to make sure that the coast was clear and safe before guiding me out and closing the door behind us.

I was immediately greeted by the cool summer evening breeze. It brushed past my exposed skin, making me shiver in both pleasure and contentment. During nights like this, I feel more alive. The gentle nip of the slightly cold air made me want to happily scream and jump around, but I refrained myself and settled for a simple smile and quiet sigh. A perfect way to bring my thoughts together.

We slowly made our way to my house, enjoying the sweet breeze under the starry night and bright moon. Unfortunately, the walk was cut too short because we were soon standing at the door of my home.

"Goodnight Melissa." He smiled at me. His smiles were always so breathtaking and his perfect white teeth weren't helping. They made you want to look at his mouth all day long.

"Goodnight Nolan." I breathlessly repeated, while giving him a small while.

He leaned down, filling me with the scent of his musky cologne which I couldn't get tired of smelling. I closed my eyes at our close proximity as he pressed a lingering, but chaste kiss on my forehead making me sigh in contentment.

He soon moved away, and waited for me to get inside the house. Once I was safely inside the comfort of my home with the door securely locked, I moved to the kitchen window to see him strolling down our driveway with his hands in his pockets, but he didn't seem cold. As if he felt my gaze, he turned around and blew me a kiss that had my face muscles flaming from the involuntary smile that stretched across them.

"Someone seems happy." My mom's soft, but teasing voice filled my ears before I saw her. I'd been caught. I slowly turned around and faced her to find Damian standing behind her with a smile of his own. I guess he's staying over tonight.

"I don't know, " I blew some raspberries as I moved to grab a glass so I could pour some water into it before placing it on the counter and facing the couple in front of me. "It's all a lot for now."

"We all understand that," Damian reassured as he rubbed Mom's shoulders," Your mom didn't take it too well when I told her either, one transformation was enough to both convince her while having her run out of my hotel room."

My mom pouted in response," I couldn't help it."

"I know, Sweetheart, " He smiled, pressing a quick peck on her cheek. I downed my water and turned the cup around, letting it drip-dry for the night before turning to my mother. "I hope it's alright if I say here for the night?"

"Damian, you don't have to consult with me, really," I assured, giving him a shake of my head as I lightly chuckled," I'm okay with anything."

"Thanks Hon," Mom smiled at me," I'm assuming you're turning in?"

"Yeah," I sighed," Too much is on my mind and I think I need a good night's rest to absorb it all."

"I understand, Sweetheart. Goodnight." She moved over to give me a hug before moving back to Damian's arms.

"Goodnight Princess." Damian nodded with clear conflict in his eyes. I nodded at them before escaping the kitchen making my way to my room. I desperately need the sleep after so many events from tonight.

I got into my room and went straight to my bathroom to brush my teeth before making my way back to the bedroom to change into my Mickey Mouse, short pajama pants and matching spaghetti strapped top. I pulled my covers open before turning off the light and carefully trudging back to my bed and slipping in.

Mates, Alphas, Lunas, pack doctors, Mate bond fevers? What a night.

With that one last thought, I forced myself to fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 412 23
Shane was a boy who had loved wolves ever since one saved his life. As he grows he obssesizes over her. The white wolf that saved him. Things start t...
3.4K 159 23
She has a little space, He is controling and protective. She is more freewilled while he is more intimanating.
620K 16.7K 45
When Alexa stumbles into the woods well being chased, she discovers a whole new world. One where she has a mate and he's a werewolf. She claims to be...
3.4K 185 11
Andrew is a beta werewolf who has just turned 18. Now he can find his mate. Caroline is a sweet girl who has been crushing on Andrew since she was ol...