They Rely On Hope. What Do I...

By belicorn123

Tommy stopped caring a long time ago. He stopped hoping for somehting better, because there was nothing bette... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Ages
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 (and Timetable)
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 👀
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178
Chapter 179

Chapter 12

1.5K 59 12
By belicorn123

Tw: mention of su!cide

Tommy wasn't quite sure what was happening. Ranboo's face was in front of him. The boy was looking at him, concerned and worried and Tommy didn't know why. Well he did, he knew that he had been shaking and that Ranboo knew he hated seeing notes like that, but why did he care. He shouldn't care. Tommy was fine. Tommy was always fucking fine.

"Do you need to leave?" Ranboo asked and Tommy shook his head, before turning away and looking back to his notebook, staring at it and writing the rest of the sentence he had been working on before. He didn't want Ranboo to care. He didn't want anyone to care. He didn't trust the care in Ranboo's eyes and he didn't trust Ranboo.

Ranboo seemed to notice the dismissal and understand Tommy didn't want to talk. He moved over to his desk and started working, not saying a word. Tommy didn't know whether to feel grateful or untrusting of that. He should feel grateful that Ranboo understood, but it was something Tommy wasn't used to. No one understood him, and he was ok with that.

The class was over not much later and Tommy had packed up and was out the door before Ranboo could follow. He was half running through the corridors, trying to escape Ranboo and the group and all of it, but he really didn't know where he was going.

In the end Tommy found a small area between two cupboards and he stayed there, not knowing what else to do. He was curled up, hidden from the world and it was safe like that. He had no food today, hadn't been left anything, so he didn't really have anything to do other then think. So, he thought.

He started with planning the next part of his assignment, but his mind drifted to that note and to Tubbo. He pulled himself out of that and returned to planning for the assignment. Not too much later he found himself drifting into thoughts of Tubbo once more.

Tommy almost screamed, at himself, at the world and at Ranboo for reminding him of it, but he forced the sound back down his throat, swallowing it. He would not scream. He let his head fall into his knees and sat there in a curled up ball, trying and failing not to cry as memories of his brother filled him so painfully.

Tubbo had been the one stable thing in Tommy's life. The one happy thing. The one thing that kept him around, and now Tubbo was gone and it wasn't fair. And the worst part was that these people were acting like they cared. They were acting like they wanted to be friends but no one ever wanted that with Tommy. They used to want it with Tubbo. He had friends, and they had begrudgingly accepted Tommy into the group as the only way to keep Tubbo around, but they had never wanted Tommy. That was what Tommy knew. That was what Tommy was used to. That was what Tommy wanted. He wished it was Tubbo here, because Tubbo would've been their friends. Tubbo would have and Tommy would have stayed to the side, watching over his twin and keeping him safe.

That was what Tommy was good for. Keeping Tubbo as safe as he could. That was his job. And he had failed. He had kept Tubbo safe from the kids at school, and done the best to protect him from their foster parents, always taking the brunt of the blows, but somehow Tommy hadn't protected Tubbo from himself. Tubbo had left him behind. Tubbo had died and Tommy was left, hurt and alone and his own fucking unlovable self.

"Tommy?" A voice. Shit. A voice. Someone had seen him like this. No one could see him like this! He should have found a better hiding spot. What was wrong with him!? Why had he chosen here!?

"Hey, Tommy, are you ok?" The voice asked and Tommy nodded, not raising his head, not looking to see who's voice it was. Not ready to face the person who had seen him like this.

He heard rustling and then it quieted, and now the voice was much closer, as though the person was sitting down.

"Hi Tommy," They said, "I'm here if you want to talk."

Finally, Tommy looked up, not because he trusted the voice. Not because he felt safe. Not because he wanted to see who it was, but because he wanted to gage the level of danger he was in. That time, Tommy couldn't help but scream as his eyes met the man with the scarred eyes.

"I'm sorry!" Tommy panicked, knowing he couldn't scream, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I swear I didn't mean- I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!"

"Tommy, I'm not going to hurt you. I know I look like this but I won't hurt you," The man pleaded, but Tommy was frozen in fear, shaking and staring at Techno. The man sighed and pulled out his phone, typing something quickly before putting it away.

"I'm sorry," The man whispered, getting up and moving away, his eyes filled with guilt and pain and- tears? He stood, a few meters away, watching Tommy, who was still frozen in fear, shaking in the little crevice Techno had found him in.

A minute passed and then Wilbur was in front of Tommy, reaching out his hand and Tommy pulled his own up to cover his face protectively. He couldn't get hit in the face. That was hard to hide. He didn't have any make up to hide it with yet.

"Tommy, it's ok, I'm not going to hurt you," Wilbur whispered, quietly reaching out and gently pulling Tommy's hands away. He flinched, trying to pull away, to run, to escape, but he had backed himself into a corner here. He was trapped. Wilbur could do his worst and Tommy had no escape. Wilbur hummed gently, trying to calm him and Tommy's fear tripled. He wasn't supposed to ask questions. He wasn't supposed to ask questions. He wasn't supposed to ask questions. He- he needed to know- he couldn't ask. He couldn't ask, he couldn't!

"What's wrong Tommy?" Wilbur asked gently between hums, giving Tommy a reassuring look.

He couldn't ask. He couldn't ask. He couldn't ask.

He shook his head. He would not ask.

Wilbur continued to hum, waiting for a real response, but he let go of Tommy's hands gently, and instantly Tommy was pulling them up to his ears covering them, wanting the song to stop. Wanting it and Wilbur and those cruel fucking memories to go away.

"What's wrong?" Wilbur asked, startled by Tommy's reaction. Tommy stayed still, unmoving and terrified.

"Tommy?"

Nothing. Tommy just squeezed his eyes closed and tightened the hold over his ears.

"Techno, go get Ranboo," Wilbur called over his shoulder before turning back to Tommy, "Hey Tommy, it's ok."

But it wasn't ok. It wasn't. That was Tubbo's song. Wilbur had no right to hum it. That was Tubbo's and Tubbo's alone. So why had Wilbur hummed it!?

"Don't do that!" Tommy snapped, before frantically covering his mouth now. Why had he said that!? He couldn't say that! He didn't get to tell people not to do things! Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK!

"Do what?" Wilbur asked, gently, reassuring, not mad? Why wasn't he mad? Tommy had yelled at him. He should be mad! That's what happened. Why wasn't he mad? Was he hiding it? Did he want Tommy to tell him so he could use it against him? Or was he actually asking? Tommy didn't know, he didn't know, he didn't know. He didn't trust Wilbur, that at least he knew.

Wilbur gave him a concerned look, confused as to what was going on, and seemingly absentmindedly, he began to hum the song again. Once more Tommy's hand shot back to his ears and Wilbur stopped as quickly as Tommy had moved.

"It's it me humming?" Wilbur asked, "Is that it?"

Tommy didn't know what to say. Didn't know what to do, but he did slowly let his hands away from his ears. That made Wilbur smile. Tommy didn't trust that. He knew what would happen now. He'd fucking use it against Tommy. That's what they all did when they found out about Tommy's weakness. It was why Ranboo had brought a note like that. It was always that. He let his weakness show and they used it against him. This wasn't fair. It wasn't fair. It wasn't fair, but it was life. It was everything Tommy knew. It was all Tommy had. It was pain and cruelty and suffering. It was his fucking life.

Tommy was a mess. He didn't show it though. He just stared at Wilbur, and then Ranboo when the other boy joined them. He just stared absently. He didn't let himself think of what was to come.

Words: 1500

IMPORTANT  A/N: if I ever mention a character called Bruno, that is Ranboo. I'm writing an actual novel to get published, which was originally a fanfic, so I changed Ranboo's name to Bruno in that, and sometimes I accidentally put the wrong name down in this story as well, for which I am very sorry. So, please if you see that, comment on it and I'll fix it for others, I know I've had the wrong name twice already, and have now fixed it, but now you know, there is no mystery character called Bruno. Sorry for any confusion!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 3.5K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
138K 6.8K 28
Ranboo has always had a bad life he grew up in the foster care system but all that changed when he ran away at age 11. He ran for a long time until h...
2.4K 162 9
Voldemort's back and Harry's true identity is known.
1M 39.9K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...