And Then You Meet The Boys

By colleennnnn

You finally meet boys. You finally get free. You finally have fun. Or so you think. When Chloe moves from a t... More

1 |Thanks But No Thanks|
2 |What Kind Of Name Is 'Young'?|
3 |But It Looks Like A Remote|
4 |I Hate You!|
5 |Happy birthday Stupid|
6 |What Are You Doing Here?|
7 |You're Kidding Right?|
9 |Best Friends Huh|
10 |I Don't Want To Think About It|
11 |Why Can't I Do It?|
12 |I want to be with you|
13 |Yes|
14 |I Missed This|
15 |My Parents|
16 |I Don't Need Your Pity|

8 |You've Inspired Me|

1.3K 169 367
By colleennnnn

Above is Yosef :)

I updated yayyy ^^

I hope you like this! Thanks for sticking with me till now :)

This chapter is dedicated to the one who constantly pesters me about who Chloe is going to end up with xD LOVE YOU <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap:

'You're kidding right?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hugo stared at me, and I vaguely saw his mouth twitch in shock at my reaction.

I felt slightly sorry for having to make this hard for him, but I really couldn't think at all. All that went through my mind was a jumble of incoherent words.

He opened his mouth but didn't speak. His shock made me tense up. Damn, he's making me lose CC.

I blinked at him and put my hand slowly back down to my side.

Yup I've lost it. Now I have to confirm if this is a date

'So we're going with...' I prompted him.

He was quiet for a moment before taking my bait, and added 'with my family of course'

Phew, that was so close. I wasn't ready for my first date so soon.

I gave him a small smile before shaking my head. 'My parents are strict remember? They'll expect me at home'

'Are you sure they won't let you?' He frowned at me. I looked at him and marveled at how his brown messy head of hair captured the light of the setting sun in the most beautiful way possible, but no. I couldn't.

What I did next felt agonizingly painful. I felt as if one of my gut pieces were trying to wrench out of my body but I pushed it down anyway. So this is what it felt like to actually listen to your parents.

'Yeah... That's not happening' I smiled apologetically, while pushing him on the back, to get us both walking along the dusty pavement again.

'Yeah, another time then!' He smiled but it seemed forced.

'Yeah, besides The Amazing Spiderman 2 isn't out yet!' I bumped him on the shoulder.

I was trying to act playful, but now that I had said no, all I could think about was what would have happened if I had said yes.

I stared at the tiny dot of a bus stop in the distance and was so lost in thought that I didn't realise that Hugo had left my side, and Young had instead taken his place.

'Chlo' he prompted. I barely heard him so didn't respond. I had wanted so much to say yes to Hugo and it had been so heart throbbing to say no.

I felt sweat trickle down my neck just as a piercing pain exploded in my abdomen. I screamed and jumped into the air, whipping around to face Young.

'Stop it!' I clenched my stomach in pain, looking up as I heard him laugh.

How dare he poke me!

I was met with his grinning face but before I could do anything back, he poked me again, and again, and again, and again.

It really hurt but it tickled too, and before I knew it, we were tackling each other, and I was a laughing mess.

'Dude don't mess with her...' Adrian groaned from behind us. He had been trudging all the way from the food centre. Young turned around. 'Trust me. I would know not to push her too far' he replied playfully.

Adrian shook his head at him and tiredly pushed him softly. I inwardly sighed in relief as Young stumbled forward and then away to the rest of them. That boy didn't know when to stop.

I lay my head on Adrian's shoulder and he laid his head on top of mine.

'Ad?'

'Mm?'

'I'm so tired.'

'Me too'

He lifted his arm and slowly placed it on my shoulder, as if doing so hurt him.

I turned to him and smirked. 'That tired huh'

He gave me a sweet smile. 'Of course. I was doing all the manly work.'

I shouldered him playfully just as we reached the bus stop. Everyone had to take the bus aside from Beat, whose father was picking her up.

That lucky ass.

The last time I had hinted to my father to pick me up, he had yelled that he was 'not my chauffeur' so here I was, stuck with buses, probably for the rest of my life. I didn't know about the other boys but their parents seemed to let them go anywhere they wanted as long as they didn't call them, crying for transport.

Adrian and I plopped down onto one bench and looked towards the rest who tiredly trudged to the other bench and sat down. Sorta.

Balram, so exhausted from work, starting bending down but completely missed the bench, landing on his bottom.

The sight of Balram looking around confusedly made me burst out laughing. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming car.

'Shit' he muttered, before Yosef and Leo pulled him up.

When my bus arrived, I turned to the rest and waved a weary goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was finally school again. No more Google hangouts. Just me, him, and the piano. The week break had been so boring, as I didn't really contact the other guys, who were all overseas.

Now this - this is what I missed so much. Adrian playing for me.

His fingers dashed across the piano, never missing one note. He played with such passion that anyone walking by would stop to listen. We were in practice room 6, where there was a large black piano, placed in the left corner of the room. I sat on the chair with Adrian, looking to my left to watch his fingers.

The window was also on our left, being our only source of white light. Unlike other rooms, this one actually had one. The room also had two tables behind us, with old keyboards, and a clean whiteboard on the wall to our right.

I leaned my head forward and peered at Adrian's face, my hands clutching the back of the chair for balance. His mouth was puckered up in concentration, his eyebrows furrowed. He continued playing, but shot a quick glance at me. I laughed at the sight of him trying so hard not to lose focus.

The music stopped. 'Stop laughing at me! You know how much that distracts me' he whined.

'Okay okay' I raised my hands in surrender and got off the chair. I walked to the back of the small room and leaned against the table, but continued to snicker under my breath.

He was just too cute.

'I can still hear you' he gritted out, without turning to look at me.

'What?' I feigned innocence. He shook his head and continued playing.

This wasn't the first time we had hung out in the music room but it was the first time I had seen him so serious about anything.

He had discovered a new song over the short break, and was determined to master it. His determination was immense. It was as great as  when I persisted in getting a piece of vegetable out of my teeth.

I continued to let the music flow over me, and even closed my eyes, only thinking about the aggressive melody. As Adrian reached the part of the song where he was to repeat the section, the music abruptly stopped. I opened my eyes in surprise to see Adrian walking towards me with a sly grin. When he reached me, he took my arms, and I let him pull me off the table.

He led me towards the piano, and pushed me down into the chair by the shoulders. After plopping down, I watched him fist his piano sheets and throw them onto the piano top, and then search for something else.

'Ahh here you go' He dropped my piano diploma book down onto the stand. I looked towards him. What does he want? I already played for him at the start of break.

He motioned his head towards it. 'Go on, play it again.'

Shrugging, I poised my hands over the keys and started playing - pretty roughly if you ask me.

Adrian stopped me here and there, correcting my shaky notes, and giving me suggestions for better fingering so that I could play with ease. Just as break was nearly over, I had already perfected a few bars more than I had before it.

'Thanks Ad' I smiled at him, and pulled him down onto the chair with me. He grinned in return but stood up again, rummaging about the papers for something else.

'What is it?'

'I'm... looking for my piano piece' he breathed out.

I sputtered. 'A-again?' His persistence at getting it right was real.

'It's for you to try stupid'

'Ooh yay' Just before I was about to clap my hands in glee, I stopped smiling. 'Hey, stupid is MY line.' I poked my chest.

'Whatever stupid.'

Groaning, I shook my head, and focused my glare to the piano top, which was still being messed by Adrian - if that was possible. The top was absolutely filthy. It had so many things, that It would make anyone cringe.

There was an empty orange juice carton, a dozen piano sheets, some empty chips packets, and a lollipop that had been left out to dry. Most of this was due to Adrian. There was so much more but I wasn't bothered to get up and look to the back. I shuddered at the thought of what could be lurking there.

'Ok-ay' Adrian placed the piano sheets down onto the stand, over my book.

'Play this. Let's test that sight reading of yours.'

Smirking at him, I started on the piece. It only had one sharp so it wasn't that hard to read.

I could play it, and it sounded really great. After I finished one page, Adrian and I looked at each other in awe.

'That sounded so good.' he whispered.

'Not as good as you of course' I shouldered him.

He shrugged. 'I've practiced that for a week now, and you just started'

I shook my head. 'Stop trying to be humble' I stood up and grabbed the sheets, placing them in page order. I looked down at his lean figure, still sitting down.

'Can I borrow these?' I shook the sheets.

'Why?' He said playfully.

I gave him a fake coy smile. 'Cause, you never know, you might not always be there to play for me.' His smirk widened and he stood up. 

'I'll always be here to play for you.' He reached his arms out to grab the sheets, and I backed against the window, trying to dodge him.

'Okay, I just really want to play it' I added so that he wouldn't attack me.

'Why?' He stepped close, causing me to have to tilt my head up to keep eye contact.

I spoke slowly. 'Because, you've inspired me' His smirk transformed into a smile. He was all rainbows and sunshine and it was because of me. He leaned towards me.

'No one's ever said that' he whispered in my ear. Damn, too close again.

'Yeah well I just did stupid' I pushed him away with both hands, and tried to walk away from the piano. I was ruining the moment but I definitely did not want Ad and the she-hulk to get acquainted.

'Hey' He frowned, his hand placed over his heart. 'You can't compliment me and then insult me.'

I smirked. 'Who said it was a compliment? I could be saying that I'm inspired to play better than you cause you're just THAT bad.' I motioned about, acting dramatic.

'Oh yeah?' he smiled, not believing a word I said. He continued speaking. 'Who's the one that went "You're really good" when I first played?'

My smirk widened. As I was about to give him a smart ass reply, the door was flung open by an angry looking Mrs Inorpe.

She marched inside and peered to her right, at the piano and us, her eyes widening at the messy sight. 'Adrian? Chloe? CLEAN THIS MESS UP NOW!'

'Yes Mrs Inorpe' we chanted. After she left in a huff, we started giggling. 

A bell chimed, signalling the end of break. We scrambled to the piano and started shoving the rubbish in the little hidden corners of the room.

Great, I'm going to be late for English because of this goofball.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Did you like this chapter? Tell me your thoughts!! :3

Smiles,

Colleen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 8.6K 23
'Accidents happen'. That's what people say. Yet, some accidents take away from us more than others. Ethan had it all. Everything was lined up in fr...
855 10 8
Mia a party girl who moved to LA 5 years ago but it wasn't until she met a certain nightclub owner that her life changed for the better. Mia thought...
45 0 8
It's a beautiful love story of a girl ( Aurora ) who have a crush on her classmate ( Sam ) from childhood, after graduation she confessed her feeling...
3.1K 61 41
Meet Avril. Two years after her parents' death and she's still struggling with her emotions towards them. When Dallas shows up at her school, Avril...