Wayward Hearts: Book 2

Par amaryllisartisan

After a month of traveling on the road, and hunting, Damon Salvatore is ready to head home, but a major hiccu... Plus

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Thanks!

Part 23

69 2 0
Par amaryllisartisan

 As everyone headed off to the island near Nova Scotia where they would find the cure, Emma stayed back with Caroline. They already had one mystical archeologist with them and Klaus needed a babysitter that he couldn't kill; and even though Emma didn't want to admit it to herself, she also didn't want to be around Elena and Damon. Neither her nor Damon had said anything more about the conversation and admissions that had happened while Damon was in the cellar. For all Emma knew, Damon may have thought they were a hallucination due to blood loss. Emma's heart ached for him, but she was stuck in a corner with no visible way out.

Emma was sitting on the stairs inside the Gilbert house watching as Klaus paced back and forth angrily, she crossed her arms as she began to get annoyed with the sounds of his boots against the hardwood of the living room he was trapped in.

"Will you give it a rest!" Emma yelled out in frustration.

Klaus stopped and turned to face Emma, his face was pure rage, "I'm sorry, am I bothering you? My brother is laying dead on the floor not even five feet from me and I am bothering you?"

"I would happily arrange for you to meet him in the afterlife if you would like, I'm sure there is a white oak stake left somewhere, or maybe just some really heavy duty magic," Emma smirked sarcastically as Tyler entered the house.

"Morning Sunshine," Tyler smiled at Klaus, "you look pathetic."

"Only until Bonnie's spell locking me in here wears off. Then I'll look different. Angrier, perhaps, or I won't look like anything because I'll have gouged your eyeballs from their sockets," Klaus threatened.

Tyler shrugged, "I'm sure everyone will be back by then, then I can shove that cure down your throat and make you mortal."

Emma stood up, "So many ways to choose from to kill him after that, how should we decide Tyler?"

"I'm an Original. What makes you think my entire vampire bloodline won't be cured along with me? For example, you," Klaus smiled, thinking he had cornered them.

"You know what I think? I think that's impossible. I think the moment you stop being a vampire, our whole blood connection to you is broken, and your sire-line ceases to exist. So, whatever happens to you, happens only to you, which means I can kill your ass and no one else has to die," Tyler said confidently, "although I am still debating on how to do it."

Klaus tried to speed towards Tyler, only to be stopped by Bonnie's barrier. Emma laughed out loud as Klaus's face furrowed in anger and frustration.

Suddenly Klaus smirked, "I recommend drowning. There's nothing quite like the feeling of someone fighting for something as basic as human breath. And let me tell you, your mother was a fighter."

Tyler glared at Klaus and looked like he was ready to fight him, Emma grabbed his arm and pulled him back slightly. Tyler pulled his arm back and went to sit at the dining room table, he grabbed a bottle of whiskey that was on the counter before sitting down. Emma brought over two glasses and stole the seat next him, he poured them both a drink. They sat in silence as they continued to watch Klaus's misery continue.

When the back door opened, Emma turned her head to see Caroline walking in.

"You're still here?" She looked surprised to see them both, "What are you doing?"

"Gloating," Tyler replied without looking at her.

"Hello Caroline," Klaus greeted her from the living room.

Caroline rolled her eyes at him and turned back to Emma and Tyler, "Come home, don't stoop to his level."

"He destroyed my life. I plan on being present for every second of his misery until I can kill him myself," Tyler almost growled.

Emma looked up to Caroline, "It's a bit cathartic."

"Fine," Caroline relented, "you can gloat and multitask. This place is a disaster. Starting with a horrific burnt corpse."

Caroline quickly found a table cloth in a cabinet and laid it over Kol's body, Emma watched as Klaus's anger gave way to sadness for a brief moment.

Klaus cleared his throat, "Tyler's mother is dead. So is my brother. We're even. Call Bonnie. Get her to let me out of here."

Caroline crossed her arms and stepped closer to the living room, "I will never, ever, help you."

"How quickly you forget the part where I saved Tyler from the misery of being a werewolf. Or the night your mother invited me into her home to save the life of her precious daughter," Klaus pointed out the few moments he had shown any kind of humanity.

"How delusional are you?" Caroline took one more step closer as she raised her voice, "You killed his mother. And let's not forget that we're standing in a house where Elena's aunt Jenna used to live. Or did you think that your charm would make us forget how you killed her, too? You know what? No. I am not going to engage in this. You are not even worth the calories I burn talking to you."

Klaus made sure he used the opportunity he was given and grabbed a nearby floor lamp, impaling Caroline with it before pulling her into his barrier.

"No!" Both Emma and Tyler yelled at the same time, as they stood up and rushed to help Caroline.

Before either of them could get to her, Klaus already had his fangs in her neck before he let her fall to the ground.

He looked pleased with himself, "Now that was worth the calories."

Emma held her hands up and blasted him with a huge wave of blood boiling heat, giving Tyler time to run through the barrier and grab Caroline to pull her to safety.

"Oh my god! Oh my god," Caroline repeated over and over again as she held her neck and Tyler set her down on the couch.

"Hey, look at me," Tyler was doing his best to keep her calm, "look at me, I can fix this."

"How?" Both girls demanded as Emma sat down next to Caroline.

"The only thing that can cure me is his blood! Oh my god..." Caroline trailed off nervously.

"I know, I'll fix it," Tyler tried to assure them before he stood up and stepped up to Klaus, "she'll die if you don't heal her."

"Okay," Klaus shrugged uncaringly before biting into his wrist and extending it out to Tyler, "beg me to save her life."

"Is this what you want? To remind me that I'm powerless against you?" Tyler looked at him with desperation in his eyes, "Fine. You win. I'm nothing. Now save her. Please."

Klaus shook his head, "I'm sorry mate, I didn't quite catch that."

"Please," Tyler begged.

Klaus gave him a feigned confused look, "Please...?"

Tyler sighed, "Please, save her life."

"See, now I think you're just telling me what I want to hear. I mean, you did call me pathetic earlier. And wouldn't it be more pathetic of me to help now, knowing that hours ago, you announced your plan to kill me in a manner in which you're debating because you want it to have a certain amount of flair? I'm just asking," Klaus looked at Tyler, he knew he had won.

"I'll be your slave again, I'll do whatever you want," Tyler looked like his legs were about to give out from under him.

"No," Klaus said in a final tone.

"Get me out of here," Caroline said calmly, "I can't even look at him."

Emma stepped up to the barrier, "Wanna know what I'm going to do? It has nothing to do with the damn cure or white oak stakes. I'm going to shove your ass into a coffin lined with vervain, put it in concrete, and then I'm going to dump you into the Mariana Trench. You just guaranteed that I will hunt your ass down. I just took over your father's job, and I will make damn sure that I finish what he couldn't."

Klaus didn't look pleased as Emma back away, refusing to break eye contact with him.

"Come on," she heard Tyler say behind her, he pulled on her arm slightly and she finally turned and followed him upstairs as he carried Caroline into Elena's room.

Emma slammed the bedroom door, "I'm gonna kill that bastard."

Tyler helped Caroline lay down on Elena's bed and held her hand, she was already looking pale and sickly. Caroline began to cry silently.

"It's getting worse," she said, looking as if she were in pain, "I'm sorry."

"No," Tyler shook his head, "its my fault, I'm sorry."

"You didn't do any of this," Caroline said quietly.

"I un-sired the hybrids and turned them against Klaus," Tyler looked at her regretfully, "I should have just left it alone."

Caroline shook her head and smiled, "You freed them, Tyler. People put their faith in you because you're a leader. Don't forget that."

Tyler was quiet for a moment before speaking, "Then you trust me?"

He looked at Caroline before turning to Emma and giving her a slightly nervous look.

Emma crossed her arms and sighed, "If Caroline does."

"Follow my lead," Tyler said as he scooped Caroline back into his arms.

Emma nodded and followed him out of the room and back downstairs, she watched him with mild horror as he placed Caroline on the floor inside of Klaus's barrier. He stepped away and glared at Klaus.

"You want to be in control, Klaus?" Tyler gestured towards Caroline, "Here. Now you get to be in control of her life. If you want her to die, fine. But then you can sit here and watch her die yourself."

Tyler stormed out of the house, Emma pressed her lips together as she followed him, against her better judgement; but she had to trust that Tyler knew Klaus enough to know what he would do in this situation. Emma waited until they were down the block before she grabbed Tyler's arm and made him stop walking.

"If she dies," Emma glared at him, "you die."

Tyler looked at her with no emotion, "Gladly."

Emma let go of his arm and started to walk away when her phone began to ring, she looked at the caller ID and noticed that it was Damon.

"Umm, hey," she answered the phone nervously, "how is the search going?"

"Its going; just the typical everyday villainy we get all the time," Damon said sarcastically, but Emma could tell that he hadn't called just to give her an update.

"How are you?" She asked sincerely, and she hoped that Damon caught on to that.

Damon sighed and Emma could already picture him running his hand through his hair in frustration, "I'm...I don't even know, still in the same confused mindset that I was in when I left."

"I shouldn't have dumped all of that information on you the other night," Emma sighed, "there are a lot of things I should have done differently."

"No," Damon said sharply before recovering, "no, I'm glad you did."

Emma could sense that there was something heavy on his mind, "Damon, what's going on?"

"I don't...I don't want to be human Em," Damon sighed.

Emma choked up slightly when she heard his casual use of her name, she had to clear her throat before speaking, "Who said you had to?"

She heard Damon take a deep breath, "Elena...she wants to be human again, and I get it, I do. Hell at one point of time I missed it so bad it drove me crazy, but I don't know what changed. I don't want it anymore."

Emma sat down on a bench just outside of the park in town, she hid her face in one of her hands, she wasn't thinking clearly or about the consequences when she finally said, "I miss you...so much."

"Em..." Damon said sadly from his end of the line.

Emma gasped as she realized what she had said, "I sorry. Damnit, I'm so sorry Damon."

"It's fine Em, I get it. Look, when I get back we are going to figure this thing out, I want my memory back, I want...son of a bitch," Damon's voice changed from soft and caring to panicked.

"Damon? What's going on?" Emma asked helplessly from her end of the line as she heard the phone fall to the ground, Damon's voice became distant, "Damon!"

"You've got to be kidding me," she heard him groan before a huge commotion seemed to take place where he was, "you're one of the Five."

There was another tussle before she heard the unmistakable sound of bones snapping, she knew whomever had cornered Damon had now snapped his neck.

"Shit," she cursed before hanging up the phone and running back towards Elena's house.

She shoved the door open so hard it made Klaus and Caroline jump. Clearly during her conversation with Damon, Klaus had a change of heart and had cured Caroline of his werewolf venom. They were sitting close together as if in a deep conversation that she had interrupted. Caroline stood up and crossed the room over to a clearly panicked Emma.

"What's wrong?" Caroline asked, since she had become a vampire her empathy for other people was stronger than anyone Emma had ever met.

"I...I was on the phone with Damon," Emma began to explain, "something happened, someone attacked him, one of the Five I think."

Caroline's phone began to ring.

"It's Elena," she announced as she answered it.

Emma couldn't help but pace back and forth as the conversation between the two of them transpired.

Caroline finally hung up and looked up to Emma, "So Jeremy is missing, Damon is missing and so is Shane and Bonnie."

"I should have gone," Emma pulled her hands through her hair.

"Need my help with anything love?" Klaus smirked, having been able to hear the entire conversation.

"Nope," Caroline said proudly before flipping her hair over her shoulder and grabbing Emma's arm before pulling her outside.

"Where are we going?" Emma asked as she hopped into Caroline's car.

"To get a sword, a computer, and probably all your dad's notes," Caroline answered before stepping on the gas petal. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

796K 17.1K 115
Book 1 " Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they were once before." Elen...
124K 4.1K 49
Dean chokes on his drink when he sees her and Bela watches him warily. Sam looks at his girlfriend and wears the biggest smile. "Kind of dramatic fo...
323K 8.6K 47
When the angel Castiel loses the one thing he has ever cherished he changes, he no longer cares about the well being of others. Hell bent on getting...
12.2K 589 44
The Winchester brothers and their friends continue their battle against the otherworldly forces of evil while also searching for the brothers' father...