Part 27

"Oh good, now what did she do," Emma said as Caroline pulled up the Salvatore house and they saw cars everywhere, even Emma could hear the music blaring from the house.

"We won't let her go to the party, so she brought it to her," Caroline parked the car and they got out.

Inside they found a defeated Stefan sipping on a bottle of bourbon.

"Hey," he greeted them.

"This is insane," Caroline looked around at the entirety of her high school in the living room.

"Yeah, it won't last. They'll either drink all the booze and get bored," Stefan took another sip of his drink, "or Damon will come home and kill everyone."

"We can't compel them to leave, the locals have vervain in their system from the water supply," Caroline pointed out.

"Ah yes, the equivalent of poisoning the water hole," Emma joked dryly.

Caroline rolled her eyes, "So what do we do now?"

Stefan looked unbothered, he was clearly just done with it all, "I don't know. Enjoy the party, keep Elena from butchering Grove Hills cheerleading squad."

"And where is she?" Emma asked.

"Where do you think?" Stefan pointed to the area where most of the teens had their attention, Elena was dancing on top of the table with a liquor bottle in her hand.

Caroline laughed slightly, "I almost forgot what that looked like."

"What? Elena smiling?" Stefan nodded in agreement.

"No, fun, I mean, look at her," Caroline motioned towards Elena and smirked, "yes, this is all very bad, but doesn't she make you just want to let go?"

"Bad idea," Emma said quietly.

"Well, unfortunately I have this little problem. When I, uh, party too hard, I end up killing people," Stefan reluctantly agreed with Emma.

"Well, your sober coach is giving you the green light," Caroline grabbed Stefan's bottle from her hand and took a sip, "I mean, come on. You are at a kegger full of hot girls, and you're single, and you're, well, you're you."

"So, what am I supposed to do, just grab some girl, throw her over my shoulder, take her out onto the dance floor?" Stefan looked at her amused.

Caroline smiled at him widely, "Just take your own advice. Have fun, you know? We deserve a little bit of fun."

"Yeah man, we need to cut loose some," Matt agreed as he walked up beside Emma.

Stefan nodded and then smirked, "Okay."

Stefan leaned over and picked up Caroline, tossing her over his shoulder and hauling her towards the dance floor.

"I didn't mean me!" Caroline squealed out as Stefan ignored her.

Emma started laughing, when Caroline looked at her for help, Emma just shook her head. She knew that everyone needed this right now.

Matt noticed Emma laughing at Caroline and decided it was her turn, he put one arm around her waist and one under her knees, hauling her up and into her arms.

Emma protested instantly, "Uh no! Matt!"

"If we are all cutting loose then so are you, be a teenager for once in your life," Matt smiled as he dropped her onto the dance floor.

Emma couldn't help but laugh as Matt started swaying back and forth to the music, beside them Stefan and Caroline had already started dancing together. Emma grabbed Matt's hand and began dancing with him, Matt twirled her around and laughed.

Wayward Hearts: Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें