Liam

By theEveofChaos

Rayne is a powerful young witch living on her own in New York when she meets a mysterious man named Liam. As... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 46

55 10 1
By theEveofChaos

When Rayne opened her eyes she saw the field from her nightmare weeks before. They were no longer in their chambers. Liam held her hand tightly. "Please don't let me go! I've been here, in my nightmare!" She hissed at him, panic in her eyes. He could feel her heart racing and hear her thoughts.

Breathe my love. I'm not leaving you and no harm will come to you, I promise, he said in his mind to her. She listened to his voice and regulated her breathing. He continued to hold her hand, but straightened himself and was suddenly wearing his armor. "Who summons us here without our consent?" His voice boomed across the field.

Rayne suddenly realized where she was. This is the Council of the Gods. I shouldn't be here, Liam.

"You have both broken the sacred accords," a female voice began, " by creating a bond to this witch. How do you both plead?"

"Wait, what? How have we broken the accords? She is not subject to this council, she is not of a coven and therefore bound by no accords. She is a free woman! Free to choose her own path!" Liam let go of Rayne's hand for a moment to appeal to the faceless voice.

"But you are bound by the accords! You dare to bond to a mortal? To share your powers as one?" The woman's voice boomed. "Now do you understand, Loki? It is forbidden to create an unbreakable bond with a mortal. You have crossed a boundary that cannot be allowed. State your case for the Council now." As she spoke the field filled with figures. Some Rayne recognized - Maeve, Anubis, Odin, Hera (who was speaking), others she did not recognize.

"I challenge the accords!" Liam's voice boomed again. "This was not a mere chance. I was sent a vision of Rayne many centuries ago. I have been bonded to her before we even met. The Fates sealed it with the Connection before we professed our love. Read the threads!" Liam reached back and held tight to Rayne's hand. I will not leave you. Even if this is our last moment, we will be together. I love you! He projected his thoughts to her. She suddenly remembered that no one else could hear them. She looked into his eyes, I'm with you for eternity, Liam. I love and trust you completely.

While the Gods and Goddess argued she quickly scanned her memory for the accords they referred to. Read the accord...yes she must demand a reading of the accord if all else fails. She projected her thoughts to Liam. Liam, if they will not listen, I demand a reading of the accord. The Council rules dictate that they must read the accord out loud if an accused demands it. I want to know exactly what we are accused of.

You are brilliant and beautiful! By the Gods, I love you! He grinned at her, then turned to Hera. "We demand a reading of the accord. The full accord with explanation to what part we have violated. We also demand a reading of The Fates to verify the bond we claim. This is our right!"

"Do you also want a reading of the accord and of The Fates, Rayne of the Raven clan? The findings may condemn you further." Hera's tone was again quite condescending. Her demeanor reminded her of Eris. Oh how I dislike the Greek Gods, they are so full of themselves.

"Yes, Hera, I demand the reading of the accord and of The Fates. I am not the whimpering, shy human you think me to be. I demand to know how Liam and I have violated any accord. This is not the first occurrence of a witch and God being together. To be particular, Liam, or as you know him Loki, was not born to the Aesir either, yet welcomed in as blood-brother and companion by Odin." Rayne noticed the look of pride on Odin's face when she spoke. She sensed he did not want his friend to be punished either. Hera, however, was not pleased with Rayne's defiance. She scowled as she called for the reading. As the scribe came forth with the accord, Rayne summoned a self-writing quill to record the words. She was going to need all the information she could get.

As the scribe read, Liam noticed she shivered. He realized she was still wearing her pajamas. He flicked his hand and she found herself wearing a warm sweater and leather pants that suspiciously matched his armor. He grinned. She scowled jokingly, Stop it, or I'll lose focus!

"Wait!" Rayne yelled. The scribe stopped reading, and she reviewed the last section he had read. "According to your own accord, The Fates override all treaties and accords, correct?" She turned to Hera, awaiting a response.

"Yes, but this is a matter of grave importance. His last dalliance with a witch created pure chaos. This union cannot take place!" Hera's voice shook the trees; it was so forceful. Rayne looked closely at Hera. There is way more going on here. I have to know what, she thought.

"No buts. Per your own Council and accord, The Fates are above all others in final decisions. I think it is time to read The Fates of Liam and me. If they set this in motion, it is untouchable - even by you. If they did not set our fates to cross and connect, then I will submit to your judgment." Rayne lowered her head on her last statement. She knew full well that the punishment for her would be death, and Liam would be imprisoned for millennia. She hoped she was right about this.

Liam looked at her and pulled her close. "I don't care what they say or if they hear me. I love you, I am yours and you are mine for eternity, ástvinur." He kissed her passionately and she leaned into his embrace knowing it may be their last. They held each other tightly as a small black door appeared in the field and three small shrouded figures walked towards them. They had not sent the threads for reading, The Fates had come in person.

"All hail the Goddess of the Elements, all hail her God Consort!" They spoke in unison as they looked at Rayne and Liam.

"How dare you address her as a Goddess!" Hera fumed, rising from her seat. She slammed her hand upon the table in front of her, yelling at the Fates. "She is mortal, just a witch!" Rayne saw the look of fear in Hera's eyes. So this was the reason, Hera already knew what the Fates were about to say, and she didn't want anyone else to find it out.

The Fates turned towards Hera in unison, pointing at her, "Be silent, Hera! Your actions betray your jealousy." Their voices rose above the Council, above the wind. They spoke in one voice, and no one dared attempt to silence them again. "This union is sacred, protected. As each of you knows, Elemental beings are not subject to the rule of the Council." They turned and now pointed to Rayne, "She will be the Goddess of the Elementals and Loki shall be her God Consort."

They turned again to address the Council. "Hear our words, Their rule will save us all. All prophecy and threads have been altered with this bond. What was once foretold is now unfolding. They must make their path from here. None shall interfere!" The Fates turned back to Rayne and Liam, bowed slightly, then the sky filled with ravens and crows, and with a loud clap of thunder, The Fates disappeared.

All but one raven disappeared when The Fates did. Dilis, The Morrigan's raven came and landed at Rayne's feet. She knelt to him. The raven turned his head to look at her, bowed to her, and disappeared.

When Rayne stood back up, she realized that Liam was bowing to her as well. They all were. Every God and Goddess on the Council was bowing to her. She stood dumbstruck, not really understanding what this meant.

She reached down, took Liam's hand, and pulled him to her asking, "Can we go home now?"

Liam looked at the council and Hera nodded. "Yes, my Goddess, we can." He kissed her forehead and held her tight as he teleported them back to their chambers.

***

"Where have you been?" Nimuë shouted, rushing to embrace Rayne with tears in her eyes.

"What?" Rayne gasped. "We've only been gone this morning. We were just here last night, weren't we?" She looked at Liam, confused. He stared back with the same confused expression.

"No daughter, You've been gone for over a week," her mother replied, giving her a concerned look. "Now, tell me what happened, for it has been shielded from me."

They went to the table and sat as Rayne proceeded to recount the events of the Council trial. Nimuë's expression shifted from concerned to joy. She smiled and looked directly at Liam, "Do you understand the omen now, Trickster?"

Liam paused for a moment and then a large grin broke across his face, "Yes my Lady, I believe I do." Rayne stared at them both.

"Care to let me in on the secret?" She asked finally.

"Do you remember when we spoke about aging, ástvinur?" Rayne nodded. "The Fates said you would become a Goddess. That means you will become immortal eventually, darling." Liam kissed her forehead. "I think we may need to revisit the vow of till death do us part," he chuckled. Rayne threw her arms around his neck and began to cry. "Why are you crying?" he whispered.

She looked into his eyes, "They are tears of joy and relief, my love," she pressed her lips to his, as her mother slipped quietly out of the room. Rayne clung to Liam letting the revelation of her impending immortality settle in. Liam ran his hand along her jawline and tilted her chin towards him. He pressed his lips gently against hers. He stood from the table and held his hand out to her. She took his hand and followed him to the bed.

Mature Content Warning: M/F

Rayne flicked her wrist and the room became dark with small swirling tendrils of light hovering near the ceiling. Their clothes were now gone and Liam pulled her close, running his lips along her neck. A small moan escaped her mouth as she ran her hands through his hair. He gently laid her back against the mattress and hovered over her. Their mouths crashed together as she pulled him towards her. He pressed himself against her, moaning as he felt the warmth between her legs. "For eternity my love," he whispered as his lips ran across her collarbone.

She ran her hands along his hip and reached between his legs to stroke his length. Tracing her fingers across the tip of his erection, she swirled the moisture that seeped out. Liam shivered and moaned softly. He bit down on her neck, making her squeal with pain and pleasure. He brought his hand around hers and continued to stroke himself with her hand. "What do you want, Rayne?" he asked as he began to graze his teeth across her nipples. She arched involuntarily, causing her grip to tighten around him. Liam laughed then growled softly, "Ask for what you want, my love, for I will give you anything you desire."

The edge in his voice was seductive with a hint of danger. "I want you," she panted, "I want you inside of me now," She raised her hands to take his mouth hungrily against her own. She raised her legs around his waist and pulled him to her. Liam moaned as he felt her warmth surround him. He could feel her hunger as if she was pulling him deeper inside of her. "Deeper, Liam. I want all of you!" Rayne cried out.

Her pleas drove him mad with desire. He thrust deep inside her, unable to stop the moans that escaped his throat. She ran her nails down his back, tearing at the skin, as he bit along her breasts and neck. Liam flicked his wrist and Rayne's hands shot up to the headboard, held with his magic. She whimpered and tried to buck against him. He leaned up and repositioned her so that his knees were under her and he pulled her hips tight against him. His thrusts were angled and dragged against her channel, pressing against that spot that drove her wild again and again. Her cries were frantic, almost sobbing as the desire burned in her. "Liam....oh Gods...yes...yes!" He could feel her shuddering and clamping around him, her arms pulling against his magical restraints.

"Beg for me, elskede, beg for release," his voice growled as he slowed his thrusts, staying shallow within her. His hands ran down the length of her body, until his fingers brushed across her swollen clit, making her gasp. He pinched the nub, just enough to tease, but stopping before she could reach her climax. "Beg," he repeated, more demanding this time.

Her body burned, each touch bringing her so close. "Please," she gasped.

"Please what?" His fingers circled lightly.

Rayne tried to grind against his hand, but he held her in place. She moaned again, "Please, please let me come."

She could feel his deep laugh vibrate through him as he filled her again, his fingers clamping onto her clit. "I love to hear you beg, darling. And, as promised, I will give you anything you desire, so come for me, ástvinur. Let me hear your cries of pleasure." Liam released her arms and rammed deep inside of her, pulling her up to meet his thrusts. She undulated her hips towards him, arching her back so that only her shoulders and head still touched the bed. Liam leaned down, quickly rolling Rayne over on top of him. She pressed her hands against his chest, feeling him impale her on his length. She rode him, grinding her hips against him, as his fingers once again caressed her swollen clit.

Rayne again felt the swell of fire rising from her core. She gasped as the desire took over her body, blinding her and reducing her to cries of passion, unable to form words. Her orgasm washed over her body, making her quiver inside and out. Liam let out a loud cry as her walls clamped against him, milking him tightly. As her juices ran down his cock, he once again flipped them over allowing him to push deeper inside her. His hips snapped in a frantic rhythm. He buried his face in the crook of her neck as his own orgasm crested, flooding her womb with his warmth. Liam fell against her chest, holding her tightly. "I love you, Rayne. I will give you anything you desire, ástvinur, for eternity," he whispered his vow against her neck as she tried to calm her breathing. He brushed his thumb across her cheek, wiping a tear away.

Rayne turned towards him as more silent tears fell gently. "For eternity," she echoed. "I will love you for eternity." She kissed him softly and snuggled down into his arms. They lay there, just holding one another. In that moment, nothing else mattered.

***

Author's Notes: Out of town for work for a bit, so posting will be sporadic if at all for about a week.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 2.4K 22
After battling the Dark Elves with Thor, to continue his punishment, Odin has Loki thrown back into his cell with his lips seen shut and special glov...
4.2K 179 43
One night, a sword chose a wielder with a loving heart, an understanding mind, and a brave soul. A God of Mischief chose a path of carnage, influence...
62.2K 2.1K 76
Raven tossed and turned in her sleep. 'NOOOOOOO!' the man's voice wailed' It was the same dream that had been haunting...
1.2K 172 26
She wasn't ready to live alone yet, but with the unfortunate passing off her parents, Arwyn is forced to brave a world she wasn't quite ready for now...