Legacy | Genshin I. |

By Raiphoria

"I'm scared of what I can't control. Wondering if I'll be more than a memory. If I go down in flames and I fa... More

One Last Memory
Worry
The Winery and Grapes
Sneaking Out
A New Friend!
Promises
A Slimy Friend
Irritation and Patience
Learning How to Use a Weapon
Onto the Neighbouring Nation
Unforeseen Regret
Memories of the Dead
Wangshu Inn
Chapter I: Act III
Chapter I: Act IV
Chapter I: Act V
Chapter I: Act VI
Chapter I: Act VII
Chapter I: Act VIII
Chapter I: Act IX
Chapter II: Act I
Chapter II: Act II
Chapter II: Act III
Chapter II: Act IV
Chapter II: Act V
Chapter II: Act VI
Chapter II: Act VII
Chapter II: Act VIII
Chapter III: Act I
Chapter III: Act II
Chapter III: Act III
Chapter IV: Act IV
Chapter V: Act I
Chapter V: Act II
Chapter V: Act III
Chapter V: Act V
Chapter V: Act VI
Chapter V: Act VII
Chapter V: Act VIII
Chapter V: Act IX
Chapter V: Act X
Chapter V: Act XI
Chapter VI: Act I
Chapter VI: Act II
Chapter VI: Act III
Chapter VI: Act IV
Chapter VI: Act V
Chapter VI: Act VI
Chapter VI: Act VII
Chapter VI: Act VIII
Chapter VI: Act IX
Chapter VI: Act X
Chapter VI: Act XI
Chapter VI: Act XII
Chapter VI: XIII
Chapter VI: Act XIV
Chapter VI: Act XV
Chapter VI: Act XVI
Chapter VI: XVII
Chapter VI: Act XVIII
Chapter VI: Act XIX
Chapter VI: Act XX
Chapter VI: Act XXI
Chapter VI: Act XXII
Chapter VI: Act XXIII
Chapter VI: Act XXIV
Chapter VI: Act XXV
Chapter VI: Act XXVI
Chapter VI: Act XXVII
Chapter VI: Act XXVIII
Chapter VI: Act XXIX
Chapter VII: Act I
Chapter VII: Act II
Chapter VII: Act III
Chapter VII: Act IV
Chapter VII: Act V
Chapter VII: Act VI
Chapter VII: Act VII
Chapter VII: Act VIII
Chapter VII: Act IX
Chapter VII: Act X
Chapter VII: Act XI
Chapter VII: Act XII
Chapter VII: Act XIII
Chapter VII: Act XIV
Chapter VII: XV
Chapter VII: Act XVI
Chapter VII: Act XVII
Chapter VII: Act XVIII
Chapter VII: Act XIX
Chapter VII: Act XX
Chapter VII: Act XXI
Chapter VII: Act XXII
Chapter VII: Act XXIII
Chapter VII: Act XXIV
Chapter VII: Act XXV
Chapter VII: Act XXVI
Chapter VII: Act XXVII
Chapter VII: Act XXVIII
Chapter VIII: Act I
Chapter VIII: Act II
Chapter VIII: Act III
Chapter VIII: Act IV
Chapter VIII: Act V
Chapter VIII: Act VI
Chapter VIII: Act VII
Chapter VIII: Act VIII
Chapter VIII: Act IX
Chapter VIII: Act X
Chapter VIII: Act XI
Chapter VIII: Act XII
Chapter VIII: Act XIII
Chapter VIII: Act XIV
Chapter VIII: Act XV
Chapter VIII: Act XVI
Chapter VIII: Act XVII
Chapter VIII: Act XVIII
Retrieval of the Divine Knowledge Capsule
Author's Note
Chapter III: Act IV
Chapter III: Act V
Chapter III: Act VI
Chapter IV: Act I
Chapter IV: Act II
Chapter IV: Act III

Chapter V: Act IV

9.8K 475 338
By Raiphoria

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Venti the Bard
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Paimon pouted angrily. "It's like there's no information on (Y/n)! Even Lisa herself said that (Y/n) is secretive about his life!" She complained.

Aether sweatdropped at his floating companion, but couldn't help but agree. There was little to no information on the (H/c)ette.

Paimon then turned to the blonde beside her. "Maybe Jean knows something about him? It looked like they were close back in Jean's office!" She states.

Aether shook his head. "We shouldn't pry too much into someone, Paimon." He retorted.

Paimon angrily huffed but mumbled out a quiet agreement.

The blonde stared ahead, remembering the short conversation that he and Paimon had with Lisa hours prior.

"Ms. Lisa?" Paimon piped up, capturing the said woman's attention.

"Yes? What is it, cutie?" Lisa asked, looking over at Paimon.

Paimon crossed her arms over her chest. "Do you know anything about that... elf boy?" She asked.

Lisa gave a look of realization before laughing softly. "(Y/n)?" She retorted.

Paimon nodded her head.

Aether bites into an apple while listening to the conversation that Lisa and Paimon were having.

Lisa gave an apologetic smile. "I don't know a lot about him, sorry. I do know, however, that he's quite a special case." She replied.

The blonde gave a confused look. "A special case?" He questioned.

Lisa hummed. "(Y/n)'s quite a mysterious figure, you can't tell if he's telling the truth or not! Is he really from Liyue? If he's not, where did he originally come from is the bigger question," she answered.

Paimon huffed lightly. "Is there at least someone who might know something about (Y/n)?" She asked.

Lisa blinked while thinking. "There might be..." She trailed off with a thoughtful look on her face.

The librarian then turned toward the two and gave an apologetic smile. "I'm not able to think of anyone right now, sorry." She apologized.

Paimon pouted softly but nodded her head in understanding.

Lisa waved her goodbye as she left the duo.

Paimon then turned towards Aether, who was finishing off his apple.

Aether blinked as he watched Paimon appear in front of his face with her hands on her hips.

"Paimon thinks we should ask (Y/n), himself!" She exclaimed.

✧˖*°࿐

Aether and Paimon could be seen heading up a set of stairs, the sound of talking capturing their attention.

"Isn't that Jean? Seems she's talking to someone... let's let her finish, then go say hi?" Paimon asked, noticing the said female with someone else dressed up in some disguise.

"...Which is what has brought us to this point in the first place. If you are unable to promptly deal with the Stormterror threat, then leave the defense of Mondstadt to the Fatui. We can put an end to Mondstadt's dragon issues. All we need to do is bring that monster to the–" the Fatui diplomat was caught off by Jean's annoyed sigh.

"Monster"?" Jean asked with a raised brow.

"Yes. What's your point?" The other rudely questioned.

"Ah... I'd expect a more professional attitude from your diplomats. Yet here you are saying you want to "put an end" to one of The Four Winds of Mondstadt? I won't have any of this nonsense in front of the Knights of Favonius." Jean angrily replied.

The diplomat laughed a bit. "Heh... Hehehe... it's not as crazy as you make it sound. Fine. That's enough negotiation for today. At this stage, it's simply... an amicable exchange of constructive opinions, no? I'll be sure to make... thorough notes..."

Aether and Paimon watch the diplomat leave Jean alone and they decided to show themselves to the said female.

"Oh, Traveler, you're back," Jean said with a look of relief when she took notice of the blonde and fairy-like companion.

Jean gave a small smile. "Thanks for your help. The elemental flow is finally stable. The aftermath of Stormterror's last attack is finally settled for the moment. However, the pressure from the delegation has become too big to be ignored..." She sighed.

"Delegation? From Liyue Harbor or Inazuma City?" Paimon asked.

"Snezhnaya. They choose to follow the God of Cryo. Their envoys go by a particular name: The Fatui. Heard of them?" Jean questioned.

Paimon made an 'oh' sound. "Oh, them. They are super famous. Wait, infamous is more the word..." She retorted.

"I don't think killing Stormterror is the right course of action. The Cryo God's Fatui has always coveted the Anemo God's power. I don't believe they have Mondstadt's best interests at heart." She explained.

"Speaking of power..." Aether spoke up.

Jean gave a curious look. "What is it, Traveler?" She asked.

"There's something I need to show the Knights of Favonius... and (Y/n)," Aether answered.

Jean's brows furrowed a bit before nodding. "Oh? Let us head back to headquarters then. We shouldn't discuss important matters... out in the open."

✧˖*°࿐

(Y/n), Jean, Lisa, Paimon, and Aether could be seen standing around the item that the blonde had gotten a day or two ago.

"It's a crystal embedded with some kind of power... Lisa, are you able to analyze it?" Jean asked.

(Y/n) stood off to the side with his arms across his chest, a thinking look being seen on his face.

'Dvalin's tear...' The (H/c)ette mused.

"Let me take a look... hmm... I can see impurities in the crystal, but upon further inspection... no, I'm sorry, I can't make a proper analysis at the moment. Give me some time. I'll take a look through the library's restricted section." Lisa retorted.

Jean nodded her head. "Right. I'll leave the research to you then, Lisa."

"Understood. I'll notify you all if I make any progress. Though I wouldn't go getting your hopes up. They are incredibly ancient texts, not to mentio– Ouch! Gosh, that hurt! The impurities in the crystal... it hurts when I get close..."

(Y/n) seemed to snap out from wherever he was inside his mind.

"I see... it appears to react to visions. The impurities and the elemental energy we embody repel each other. It's strange, though. Traveler has elemental abilities as well, but doesn't seem to be affected in the same way." Lisa points out.

Aether stayed quiet, not knowing what to say to Lisa.

"Anyway, the crystal would be better left in the hands of my cutie. It will just be a pain if left with us – both literally and metaphorically." Lisa explained.

"...Cutie?" Aether questioned, but was ignored.

(Y/n) walked over to Aether and gave a lazy grin. "Don't seem so shocked that she calls you "cutie", that's one of her weird ways of speaking." He teased.

Lisa gave a playful glare at the (H/c)ette who just smiled back at her.

Aether flushed a bit in embarrassment but nodded his head.

"...Fascinating. Do you know anything about what makes you special?" Jean asked.

Aether shook his head.

"I do not know what to make of it either. Well, then, Traveler... the Knights of Favonius have another favor to ask of you. Please accept the title of Honorary Knight... and the gratitude of the Acting Grandmaster." Jean retorted.

Aether stared in surprise.

(Y/n) took a step back and shared a look with Jean.

"Honorary Knight... of Favonius!?" Paimon exclaimed.

"We're hoping that you'll be able to keep helping us with your assistance in finding answers that we have no analysis to." (Y/n) spoke up, glancing at the figures that surrounded him.

Jean nodded her head and continued the other's comment. "Stormterror's rage... and strange crystals... I know Mondstadt's peace hangs in the balance. May the wind open your eyes to the truth. We'll meet back here if you find anything."

(Y/n) gave a lazy wave before heading out the door.

Paimon and Aether shared a look before going after the (H/c)ette.

✧˖*°࿐

"There's something you didn't tell them." Paimon accused as she clung to the top of (Y/n)'s head.

(Y/n) sweatdropped at the extra weight but didn't question it. 'Paimon reminds me of a certain someone.' He thought.

"The dragon and the crystal weren't the only things we saw." Paimon points out.

"I'd like to investigate it on my own first," Aether explained.

"So you do remember him, that green guy. He looks just like that guy down there!" Paimon points out.

(Y/n) deadpanned when he took notice of Venti's figure running by.

"The same shade of green, what a coincidence," Aether replied.

"See? See? Wait... hold on a minute... that... that's the same guy!" Paimon exclaimed.

✧˖*°࿐

The sound of music was heard playing in front of the Anemo God's statue that lay in the middle of the courtyard.

Figures surrounded the bard playing a lyre that they had in hand.

(Y/n)'s eyes sparkled at the familiar song that Venti was playing due to it being the opening song to the log-in screen.

That's when Venti started to rhyme a story.

"What is to be sung transpired in days of yore. When the divine archons still walked the earth. A dragon cast his curious gaze on the world below, as he parted from the heavens that gave his birth. The dragon sought truth amongst the common folk, but mortal trifles only fogged his mind. The windborne bard strummed his strings dolce, and the Holy Lyre answered his questions kind. The dragon was but a child full of wonder and soared the heavens free from care. The bard's songs invited him to sing along, for he yearned to let all perceive him fair. Enchanting legends the bard and dragon were. But the tides of despair soon engulfed the land. The lion fang perished and the falcon flag slept, as a vile dragon approached Mondstadt in lone stand. Over the Cathedral loomed death and his friends, of people's agony the bard soon sang. The soaring dragon heeded his grave calls, and amidst the windstorms, a brutal war sprang. Blood of venom sent the sky dragon into slumber, only to awake to be expelled in abhor. "Why do people in this age loathe me so"? But the Holy Lyre replied no more. Wrath and woe, vigor and venom, poured from the dragon's bitter eyes. The dragon's curse sprawled in silence, but the Lyre could no longer soothe his cries."

Everyone was amazed at the story that was given and they started to clap at the end.

Aether snatched (Y/n)'s hand and pushed both of them up to the front.

Venti seemed to take in Paimon and Aether's figures, realizing who they were as the crowd disappeared.

"Wait, you guys are... oh, that's right! You're the ones that scared Dvalin away." Venti states.

"Dvalin? Who's that?" Paimon asked.

(Y/n) sighed. "Were you not listening to Lisa? Dvalin is Stormterror's real name," he scolded.

Paimon pouted lightly. "Huh? ...Oh, right. Most people seem to call him "Stormterror"." She replied.

Paimon then turned towards the bard in green. "Why did you call him that... are you two meant to be close or something?" She asked.

(Y/n) gives Venti a stink eye, causing the said bard to nervously smile.

The two have met before, under some... drunken behavior from a certain person.

"Oh, so close..." Venti replied while placing his hands on his hips.

"Hey, Aether. Paimon thinks this guy has a screw loose..." Paimon points out.

"Ahh... hi." Aether greeted nervously.

"Good day, outlander. Seems we meet again. I'm Venti the bard. Three-time winner of the "Most Popular Bard of Mondstadt", to be precise. So, what do you need from me?" Venti asked.

"Given you recognize us, Paimon doesn't believe we need to explain any further. Of course, it's about Stormterror." Paimon exclaimed from where she was on (Y/n)'s head.

'Thank archons that my social anxiety and introvertness kicked in because I'm not in the mood to talk a lot right now.' (Y/n) thought, ignoring the look he received from Venti.

"Storm...?" Venti asked.

"Hey! Cut it with the amnesia act! Aether, show it to him." Paimon ordered.

Aether nodded and held out the crystal that was now glowing blue.

"Oh! Isn't this–"

"What!? The crystal has been purified!? When?" Paimon asked.

"Not sure how this happened," Aether answered.

"Dvalin, he... the anguish he feels... has brought him to tears..." Venti sighed.

"Tears...?" Paimon questioned.

Venti gave a pained smile as he looked at the three in front of him while holding out a teardrop crystal of his own. "He was once such a gentle child. Now so full of rage and suffering... I also came across a teardrop crystal. Can you purify it?" He asked.

Aether allows the crystal to float above his hand as he stares at it with furrowed brows.

The group of four watched as the once-red crystal started to manifest into a beautiful blue hue.

"Ehhhh!?" Paimon exclaimed.

"You... do have some wonderful abilities... someone like you is going to end up getting written into a bard's poem. Oh, a hero so bright, should he stand in the light. Though stand in the shade, you'll be met by a blade..." Venti rhymed.

(Y/n) stared off into the distance, not noticing the curious stares that were sent at him. He needed to stop spacing out a lot.

"Alas... I've really not the time to compose a melody for you at this moment. Anyway, even if Dvalin is not taken down, his life will still wither away in the breeze... he'll burn himself out in the flames of anger..." Venti mumbled.

"I also feel sorry for Dvalin." Aether piped up, gripping (Y/n)'s hand a bit tighter.

'I wonder how (F/n) is doing.' (Y/n) mused.

"Thank you for that, and you for purifying the teardrop crystal. But I have my own plans for what is to follow." Venti thanked.

"Oh? And what plan would that be?" Paimon asked.

"Seeing this tear has brought to mind a friend so dear." Venti rhymed his answer.

"Friend?" Paimon repeated.

Venti chuckled. "Heh-heh, one must be going." He replied.

"Hey! Where're you running off to!?" Paimon exclaimed.

"To the "Symbol of Mondstadt's Hero". Bye-bye~" Venti retorted before running off.

(Y/n) felt a jerk to his (H/c) locks and turned his attention to Aether.

"Huh... Aether... (Y/n), what do you two make of that?" Paimon asked.

"This "weirdo" as you put it – we need to keep an eye on him..." Aether answered.

"As far as he's concerned, you're a weirdo too ya know." Paimon points out.

"You know..." Aether trailed off.

"Know what?" Paimon questioned.

"His voice seems familiar," Aether replied.

(Y/n) took notice of Aether holding his hand and blinked, before pulling his hand out of the other's hold.

"I'll meet you guys out there, I need to have a little... chat with this bard." (Y/n) states before leaving.

Aether pouted a bit but hummed softly.

✧˖*°࿐

The (H/c)ette stared blankly at the bard who dared to wrap his arms around the taller figure's shoulders.

"How are you doing, old friend?" Venti asked, stuffing his face into the crevice of (Y/n)'s neck.

"Are you really asking me that Venti?" (Y/n) asked with a raised brow.

Venti pouted lightly. "Of course," he replied.

(Y/n) rolled his eyes and sighed before wrapping his arms underneath Venti's legs.

Venti giggled softly while messing with (Y/n)'s hair.

"Really?" (Y/n) deadpanned at the Archon before him.

The (H/c)ette knew about Venti's crush on him but didn't dare to pursue it since he wanted to make sure it was real and not just a fluke.

Before Venti could get a word in, he took notice of Paimon and Aether coming closer which soured his mood.

(Y/n) rolled his eyes as he placed the other onto their feet.

"Oh? What are you doing here? Though I was just wondering if you would happen to follow me..." Venti states, leaning against (Y/n)'s chest a bit.

Aether gave a jealous look but didn't say anything.

Paimon and (Y/n) shared a look before shrugging.

"I want to know more about the Anemo God," Aether answered.

"You speak of the God of Anemo, Barbatos? He already disappeared from Mondstadt a long time ago. Liyue and Inazuma's respective gods of Geo and Electro are still present, but Mondstadt has seen many a moon since they last saw their own god. Why do you wish to know about the God of Anemo? Does it have something to do with Dvalin?" Venti asked.

"Oh... ahhh... it's because gods..." Paimon tried to explain.

"Yes, someone told me about Dvalin's past," Aether answered.

"Just how is it that everyone sees Stormterror? I'm quite curious. That said, there's no need to rush... I have not been back in a while, it seems there are a few who are unhappy with my arrival." Venti retorted.

(Y/n) glanced between the three that were talking before looking away. 'If only (F/n) was here, they would surely have a way to get me to talk quite a bit.' He mentally sighed.

"This mother fucking bitch of an eye storm," (Y/n) piped up, surprising the trio with his vulgar words.

Aether allowed his blade to materialize in his hand but jerked backward when he noticed a horde of vines forcing the attacker to the ground.

The blonde forced his head to look over and noticed an annoyed (Y/n) with his polearm out.

He could hear angry mumbles leaving the other's lips and sweatdropped.

Venti smiled in amusement, knowing how the wind chaser was one of the most hated monsters that (Y/n) disliked. With ruin guards being close to second.

(Y/n) waved a hand in Aether's direction. "Please be dear and finish this shit," he huffed out at the trapped wind chaser in dislike.

Aether laughed nervously and nodded his head before going in for the finishing blows.

(Y/n) was ticked off at the monster that he looked away, the polearm dematerializing.

The (H/c)ette pointed an accusing finger at Venti. "Fuck you for somehow summoning that piece of shit," he cursed.

Venti just laughed in amusement.

The sound of a heavy thud was heard as the wind chaser was defeated.

"Seems the dragon wasn't the only thing affected by this change in the wind... now then, you were saying someone had told you about the dragon?" Venti asked.

Aether nodded his head.

✧˖*°࿐

After telling Venti what Aether was told about Dvalin.

"Is that so? Quite the scholar I must say, that Lisa. She's not wrong. The conflict has reached this point, only because both sides have resorted to the use of force."

'May the force be with you.' (Y/n) mused.

"His hate, however, did not arise from the people not making tribute to The Four Winds. Nor was it born from his own nature, but instead came about as a product of his degradation." Venti explained.

"Degra... dation?" Paimon asked.

"If you listened more closely to the story Venti here gave, Dvalin was the one that fought against the dragon that dared to wreak havoc against Mondstadt. Despite the worth of Dvalin's win, he too faced the side effects of the other dragon's poisonous blood seeping into him." (Y/n) sighed.

Venti smiled in amusement at the other and nodded his head. "The black blood flowing through his heart has been torturing him for years. That's what has allowed him to be led astray by the lies of the Abyss Mage."

"Abyss Mage? Never heard such a name," Aether piped up.

"They are from the Abyss Order, an organization comprised of non-human beings. They despise mankind. I don't know where they come from. All I know is that they hold deep hatred toward the human world. Many hilichurls out in the wild take orders from them and act as their weapons. Before arriving here, I too was like Dvalin, cursed and left to waste. But now, before us stands the Symbol of Mondstadt's Hero, the place from which Mondstadt rose. The wind amongst the branches is good, I love the way it smells... being here with you beneath this great tree feels like when the tear was purified earlier. Like the poison is leaving my body..."

(Y/n) saw how Venti's eyes glaze over with many emotions but didn't say anything except pull him into a hug.

Venti smiled a bit as he reached a hand up and held onto (Y/n)'s arm, ignoring the look he was being given by Aether.

Paimon quietly giggled.

"Mmmmmmm... feels much better." Venti sighed out with contentment.

"So... how exactly did you get poisoned?" Paimon asked.

"Ahh... that would be because I tried to communicate with Dvalin earlier, but was... interrupted... as a result, not only did I not manage to help Dvalin break his curse, but instead, was also infected myself!" Venti answered.

"That was... me?" Aether questioned.

"Yes, it was you!" Venti replied.

Aether gave an apologetic smile.

"So, to make it up, Traveler, you're coming with me and (Y/n) to the Cathedral!" Venti declared.

"Wait... what? Hey! I didn't agree with this!" (Y/n) scolded.

Venti just chuckled and shook his head.

"The Mondstadt Cathedral? To do what exactly?" Paimon asked.

"To claim a certain "Holy Lyre der Himmel"," Venti answered.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 59 11
ㅤ࣭ ㅤㅤׂ ㅤ ㅤˑㅤ ㅤ۟ ㅤ₊ ♡ ─ ❝ 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠? ❞ ─ ❝ 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭...? ❞ ۪ ˑ 𓂂...
6.4K 67 32
₊◜🎧. . 'Cause I think it's safe to say"𓂅⭑ 𖤐 ⁎⁺˳ This ain't ordinary life ⏖ ⊹﹒ ꩜ ✦•······················•✦•······················•✦ ‌꒰...
27.7K 896 16
Scaramouche Art credits: @Yai_Sea _Ball on twitter After being assigned partners for your photography project , you and your assigned partners get to...
1.8K 99 48
Xiao had never known freedom. He has always had someone behind him, controlling his every move. Even when under contract from Morax, he was not free...