The Story of Us • Riven

By swiftielvrrr

Briar Dowling was beautiful, young and cunning. In many ways she was like her mother, Farah Dowling. From a y... More

Cast
Prologue
Ch 1: Never Grow Up
Ch 2: The Best Day
Ch 3: You All Over Me
Ch 4: The Man
Ch 5: Today Was A Fairytale
Ch 6: It's Nice To Have A Friend
Ch 7: Fearless
Ch 8: Cardigan
Ch 9: You Belong With Me
Ch 10: Daylight
Ch 11: Cornelia Street
Ch 12: This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Ch 13: ...Ready For It?
Added Cast
Ch 14: I Think He Knows
Ch 15: Lover
Ch 16: Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince
Ch 18: Mr. Perfectly Fine
Ch 19: I Almost Do
Ch 20: Begin Again
Ch 21: The Way I Loved You
Ch 22: I Wish You Would
Ch 23: Look What You Made Me Do
Ch 24: Mean
Ch 25: Enchanted
Ch 26: You Need To Calm Down
Ch 27: Innocent
Ch 28: Babe
Ch 29: Dancing With Our Hands Tied
Ch 30: False God
Ch 31: Afterglow
Ch 32: Call It What You Want
Ch 33: Better Than Revenge
Ch 34: Delicate
Ch 35: Only The Young
Ch 36: I Don't Wanna Live Forever
Attention
Ch 37: The Archer
Ch 38: Safe & Sound
Ch 39: Paper Rings
On Hold
Hello Again
Ch 40: Haunted
Ch 41: Labyrinth
Ch 42: Long Live
Ch 43: Bad Blood
Ch 44: The Very First Night
Ch 45: Vigilante Shit
Ch 46: The Great War
Ch 47: Don't Blame Me
Ch 48: My Tears Ricochet
Ch 49: Anti-Hero
Ch 50: Dear Reader
Thank You

Ch 17: Last Kiss

4.2K 93 5
By swiftielvrrr

"Your name, forever the name on my lips"

I tried to move as Riven's arms tightened around my body.

"Don't move. I just want to enjoy this" he said.

"I hope you two are awake" Gwen said as she pounded on my door. "Classes are starting soon and Riven's still gotta go to the Specialist building."

"God, she's annoying" he groaned.

"She means well" I said.

"You just had to be best friends with one of the most annoying things on this planet" he said.

I looked at the clock, sitting up almost instantly.

"Riv, get up" I said.

"No" he said.

"Now" I snapped. "Silva is going to have your head on a stick."

He loosened his arms as I got out of bed. I walked towards my closet, looking at all my clothes.

"Black skirt" Riven said.

I looked over my shoulder as he pointed to my closet.

"And.. that green shirt that has the weird sleeves" he said.

"They're not weird, they flow" I said. "It's cute."

"On you" he said.

I grabbed the skirt and shirt, walking over to my mirror. I changed as Riven watched my every move.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" I said.

"Don't have to tell me twice" he said.

He took his phone out as I heard the camera click. I glared at him as he laid back down, staring at his phone. I pinned my hair up so it was half up half down, pulling two strands of hair on either side of my face out.

"Can you hand me my make up?" I asked.

He grabbed the small bag in my nightstand drawer before throwing it to me. I quickly applied mascara and swiped a maroon lipstick on.

"How do I look for the first day of classes?" I asked.

"Marvelous, my little bumble bee" he said.

I walked over to him, placing a kiss on his cheek that left a small mark from my lipstick. He put his shirt on before we left the room.

"Love you" he whispered.

"I know" I smiled.

He smirked before kissing me. He left in a hurry knowing Silva was going to be pissed if he was late. Millie and I walked to our first class as she talked about her endeavors from the summer in person. We talked constantly in the group chat with Gwen but being able to talk about things in person was completely different.

"So, as I was saying I still think you should try and figure out who your dad is" she said.

"I don't really care" I said.

"I know you do" she said. "Bri, you're the most powerful fairy out of anybody in this school and possibly outside of it. Your mums a Mind Fairy so your dad has to be a Fire Fairy. It's never even been heard of that a fairy has the power of two different elements."

"Clearly he didn't want me" I said.

"That's not the point. He had to of been powerful, just like your mum is" she said. "I think it's worth at least trying to look. You never know what you will find."

"I'll think about it, k?" I said. 

Sky ran up to us as he smiled to Millie before looking to me.

"May I help you?" I asked.

"I need your help" he said.

"With what?" I asked.

He glanced at Millie as she got the cue.

"I'm sure Gwen would enjoy some company in the suite. Bye, Sky" she said.

"See ya later, Mills" he said. "Promise you'll help."

"Why?" I asked.

"Promise?" He said.

"Fine. Promise" I said.

"Okay, good. So, Bloom encountered a Burned One and-" Sky said.

"A Burned One? They haven't been seen in nearly a decade. How the hell are they back?" I said.

"I don't know. But Stella gave her her ring that you know that creates portals and the Burned One has it now" he said. "I'd feel a lot better if you'd come."

"Ugh. How is Stella?" I asked. "I haven't really seen her since she came back or talked to her.

"She's Stella. Basically refusing to give me any answers" he said. "I need you there for Blooms sake because I know you feel a connection with her and you don't want her getting hurt."

I followed him to his room, grabbing a map of the grounds. I placed it on his desk, circling possible places they could be holding the burned one. Stella walked in with an attitude, per usual. She didn't really say anything to me which was odd nor did I try to start a conversation with her that wasn't about the 'mission'.

"I'll meet you guys in a bit" I said.

I ran to my room to change out of my skirt when Gwen yanked my arm.

"What the fuck, Gwen" I said.

"A couple students saw a girl hanging on Riven's arm" she said.

"What?" I said.

"I don't know who it is" she said. "They just saw them walking and then went to the gardens."

"Riven wouldn't cheat on me" I said.

"I'm not saying he's cheating, Bri" she said. "I'm just letting you know before someone else does."

I tried to shake the idea of another girl on Riven. I calmed down for the most part until I imagined her kissing him. My hands began to heat up as I opened my hand. I closed it up as the flame disappeared.

I decided to go talk to my mother since we hadn't really talked and I needed her. I controlled my breathing as I made my way to her office. Her assistant was gone and her door closed. I walked up the three stairs to her door and swung it open only to find my mother not in her chair but someone else. The girl jumped off whoever was sitting in her chair. It only took me a second, if that, to realize it was Riven.

"What the fuck are you doing in my mums office?" I asked. "And why the fuck was she sitting on your lap?"

"I swear it's not what it looks like, Bee" he said.

"Don't call me that!" I snapped. "You broke into my mums office?"

"Listen.. she asked for help and I helped because I don't really know, I wasn't thinking" he stammered.

"You weren't thinking?" I laughed. "You're pathetic! You're high and you've clearly already had a couple drinks. And she was on your lap, doing god knows what."

"I swear I didn't touch her" he said. "It wasn't what it looked like!"

"They all say that, Riv! I need my space from you. I don't want to talk to you" I said.

I held back tears as I looked at Beatrix. I stormed out of her office as Riven ran after me. I turned around, holding my hand out, freezing his body.

"I don't want you to run after me, not this time" I said.

I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my face as I couldn't bare to look at his.

"Bee" he said softly.

"Please don't call me that" I said.

"I love you" he said.

"Do you? Because if you did, you wouldn't have broken into my mums office or been in the situation you were in with Beatrix on your lap" I said. "So, please give me my space because I don't know if I can do this."

"So, what? Are you breaking up with me?" He asked.

"Yeah" I said softly.

I let him go before going to the suite. I cried the entire way until I got to the suite and fell to the floor sobbing. Millie ran over to me as my vision blurred with my tears. Gwen nearly went to tear his head off but I advised against it.

"Are you going to tell your mum they broke into her office?" Millie asked.

"I don't know" I said.

My head was pounding from the intense crying. I ended up crashing with my clothes on from the day the second I hit my bed. When I woke up it was nearly noon and I had about twenty missed calls from Sky along with five texts and two texts from Riven that I ignored, I didn't bother looking at what they said. Gwen burst into the room with a worrying look.

"What?" I said.

"Silva's hurt" she said.

I jolted out of bed, running out of the suite. My hair looked a mess but I didn't care as everyone stared at me. I got to the greenhouse to see Mr. Harvey tending to Silva. Sky was already there as I walked past him.

"How bad is it?" I asked.

"I'll be fine" Silva said.

I turned my head as my mother walked in.

"I should've moved it right away, had more soldiers" she said.

"Guys, could we have the room please? We'll keep you informed. Go on" he said.

My mother nodded as I walked out with Sky. I could feel his eyes on me as I tried to ignore it.

"Bri, are you okay?" He asked. "You look like shit and I- um.. I got a gist of what happened."

"I'm fine" I said. "So, I'm guessing they got Stella's ring back?"

"We're not just going to gloss over that. Your eyes are puffy and you're wearing the same clothes from yesterday" he said. "I'm not going to take sides because you're both my best friends but I'm here to talk. You're more than just my best friend, Bri, you're my sister so don't shut me out."

"I'm sorry.. it's a lot. I don't even know what to say" I said.

I rubbed my hand over his arm.

"I'll be fine, just like Silva will be" I said. "I need to get some anger out. Wanna go out to the bastion?"

"Is that really the best idea?" He asked.

"Yes" I said.

"Fine" he said.

I went to change before meeting Sky. It wasn't the best idea to try and fight my anger out but it was better than moping around the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 805 10
Cynthia's parent were apart of Rosalind's task force before they decide to quit and raise a family, they kept in touch with Farah and Saul. One day t...
254K 5.6K 23
ON HOLD "And yet, she went stiff as stone when she saw his smiling face" - ˏˋ ❄️ ˊˎ - Luella lived in a world of magic and dangers and would now be...
282K 7.3K 34
Eira Dowling grew up around Alfea as the adoptive daughter of Farah Dowling, the headmistress of Alfea College. Growing up, she knew nothing about he...
1.5K 34 7
You already know about the Winx Club. What if they had a new member? What if Bloom's power is only the second strongest magic in the Magic Dimension...