Super Blogger

By UC-creates

Love, Crime, Action! When the world's richest blogger is secretly the world's only superhero... you'd think h... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
1. THE JOB!
2. THE NEW JOB
3. STRIKE THREE
5. INSIDE THE PAVILION: PART 1
6. INSIDE THE PAVILION: PART 2
7. FEELING OF LOVE?
8. ANALYSIS AND ANXIETIES
9. BETTER LATE THAN NEVER
10. CROSSROADS AT CROSS-BAKES
11. THE ORIGIN -By Blitz
12. ARCHER I
13. UNCANNY REUNION
14. CHEMISTRY AT THE MUSIC STUDIO
15. CATCH UP
16. THE UNRAVELING
17. ARCHER II
18. NEVER LIKE BEFORE
19. FANPOCALYPSE
20. ARCHER III
21. TAKING CHANCES
22. OPTIONLESS
23. THE BEGINNING OF THE END
24. BROKEN BLOGGER
25. ARCHER IV
26. FOR THE CRY OF MANY
27. 'WHERE IS ARCHER?'
28. ARCHER V
29. STILL A HERO
30. CRESCENDO
31. WHAT BECOMES OF US: Part 1
32. WHAT BECOMES OF US: Part 2
.EPILOGUE.
Author's Note

4. THE BLOGGER PREPS

121 16 120
By UC-creates

"And I like to say 'welcome back' to all our viewers! I'm Jim Timberlake and reporting with me here in the studio is my co-host, Elise Sally. This is NC-Desk and now it's time for today's top story. Today, August 1st marks the first anniversary of arguably the most iconic personality on the planet."

"Blitz, do you mind turning up the TV volume?" I spoke to my reflection in my bathroom mirror, knowing fully well he heard my request. I slipped some toothpaste unto the brush and began working on my teeth. The TV volume increased while I did so.

"Indeed! It has been exactly one year since the world's first superhero arrived on the scene in the city of New Chronos and captured a global audience."

"That's right, Sally, crime rates in the city have completely flattened which is quite baffling to the justice department and some extent humiliating.
Well, let's not forget that there is yet one criminal mastermind to be apprehended by this living legend and that's none other than the self-proclaimed king of crimes, Alain Archer."

I spat into the sink and rinsed my mouth. There was still a bitter taste there, one I could never brush off, the taste of failure.

"Yes! I'm loving the intensity of the story; the ultimate 'good-guy bad-guy showdown!" Elise boomed.

"But perhaps this might be the only man Tekeon won't be able to take down. Archer has the city on edge with the vast weaponry and gangs he commands. And he always seems to be one step ahead of his pursuers, not that he has many of those anymore, except for 'The Walking Myth'. Moreover, exclusive footage from the Super-Blog, shows Tekeon admitting that he is and I quote 'A human, like you'. Well, I for one can't fly through the sky or punch through steel so the reason why our beloved superhero decided to mock the human race will remain a painful paradox in our hearts don't you think?"

That was the voice of Jim Timberlake, the buffed crewcut reporter. I was surprised the blog post was released already. "Blitz you mad genius, you did it again."

"Indeed I did." He puffed. "I once again took the liberty of recording your entire activity as Tekeon during the chase, from 8 different drone angles-- all cloaking of course."

"But you know I wanted to do the video editing." I unbuttoned my pajama shirt.

"Actually when you came flying back to your bedroom through the window by 5a.m, I asked you if I should get the next post done."

"Hmm. I can't recall much after the explosion." I scratched my hair with a finger."What did I reply?"

"Exactly this; 'hawbababamorrow' before you collapsed on your bed. Since I was unable to translate that coded language, I improvised by cutting out a few ground-level scenes, adding them to the post, and typing about the event in your writing style."

"Mhmm." I stepped into the shower and turned the hot water on. "I debate that I said that."

"Should I play the recording?"

"I concur that I said that. Now please un-pause the news, while I take a shower."

"Playing the news, now."

"Well, not exactly, Jim. If you paid close attention to the part of the article concerning the video, you would see Jason McLean's explanation of how Tekeon
must have implied that he was a human being who acquired superpowers. But that goes to show he does indeed possess some form of vulnerability as does everyone else. The question remains, whatever could it be? Some speculations even hold that his weakness is displaced by his superpowers making him invincible. But given how non-press-friendly he is, this, among many other speculations, is yet to be confirmed. "

"True. I guess I must have skipped that part. But in light of that disclosure, why do it at all? Why did Tekeon declare his humanity? Was it part of a strategy to gain more trust from his skeptics?"

His female co-reporter quirked a brow. "Jim, the way I see it, as long as Tekeon is behind a mask, he will always have skeptics. I mean we're not even sure if our beloved superhero is male, our assumption is based off the suit design."

"You make a fair point." Jim conceded. "I guess the pieces will come together eventually. And in other news, the Mayor of New Chronos, Leron Parker, was proud to announce that the NC Pavilion is going to be lit tonight. And that's because a huge number of celebrities from across the country and some of the world's most influential people will be gathering at the Pavilion to pay a special tribute to the beacon of hope of our time, New Chronos' very own, Tekeon. "

"That's right folks, tonight, live at the NC Pavilion will be none other than the soon-to-be billionaire, Jason Leo McLean! Social media is just buzzing-"

"Off." I requested. Immediately, I could only hear the spray of the shower.

I took a deep sigh and delved back to the question I asked myself before the bomb went off.

What if I took that job instead?

The answer was clear and always has been.

New Chronos wouldn't be a safer place as it is now.

"And you wouldn't be rich and famous." Blitz interrupted my line of thought. I had long since thrown the word 'privacy' out of my vocabulary.

"Yeah, but a lot of times I feel a bit guilty. Maybe it's because I feel like I'm cheating or something. I mean, I get Tekeon scoops faster and better than the News media! Would have been proud of me if I wasn't Tekeon."

"I think we've been over this, you're not exactly cheating. In the race for top-notch information, the media houses use all they have at their disposal; journalists, influence, money, you name it. You on the other hand use what you got, front row seating."

"Really?"

"The observer is the best reporter even if he's reporting himself. You're not cheating, you just have an edge."

"Or eight different angles." I recalled.

"You know," Blitz sighed. "It's hard to advise people who are not willing to budge. In the grand calculus of the universe, you're in the right."

"Well one thing's for sure, calling Nic, after saving that woman on my first day, was the right thing to do."

"His ecstasy was indeed unmatched when you relayed to him that you were no longer interested in the job."

I laughed. "Yeah, I think I almost heard a high pitch out of his bass."

"I would vibrate vigorously on the spot with tiny sparks of electricity flying around if I still had my body."

"What? Why would you do that?"

"That's how we Rotores laugh on Chargeora."

I quirked a brow. "All of you on that planet set furniture on fire when you hear a joke?" I turned off the shower. That took the saying 'laughter is contagious' to a whole new level.

"Oh, Rotores were only half the inhabitants of the planet. There's also the dreaded, power-hungry, species; the Alxs."

"Wow. Why have you never told me that before?"

"You've never asked for my origin story."

"Oh," I paused for a second. "That seems odd. And I've known you for like a year now. Care to tell me?"

"I will, but not now. The time is almost 5 pm and the Anniversary gala starts by 7."

"I slept for 11 hours?" I said in bewilderment. "How much crime did I miss?"

"I detected zero significant criminal activity during that time."

Relief washed over me. "Okay let's get ready for the gala."

*****

"Alright Blitz," I stood in front of my walk-in wardrobe, wearing a red bathrobe with a golden lining. A smile was plastered on my face as I rubbed my hands together, anticipating what classy combo Blitz had in store for me. "What's tonight's recommendation?"

"I've been your fashion sense for quite a while, I believe if you must attain mastery, you must begin to make your own choices. You pick a recommendation and I'll grade it."

"When did that one start?"

"Today."

I slumped my shoulders with a flat look on my face. "Alright, I'll give it a shot. But first, I'm hungry."

"Well," Blitz quipped. "No need to cook."

"I know, 'bout to order pizza." I looked around for where I kept my phone.

"As your health mentor, I strongly advise that you eat something more balanced and heavy for a late lunch."

"That's the kind of crappy advice I'd give too if I wasn't getting paid."

"What? I gave you info straight from the NC-Health-Wealth website."

I paused, then considered a bit. "I guess money doesn't change intent." I continued looking and found it in the drawer at the end of the room.

I immediately opened dialer, but suddenly realized I had forgotten the pizza guy's number. I had to go to their site again. Darn it.

"If you eat too much junk," Blitz started. "You'll have to add more workouts to your busy schedule to maintain your abs."

I froze again in reconsideration. "Pay-worthy health tip you got there." I conceded. "So what do you have in mind?"

"Well, an hour before you woke up, I sent instructions to our housekeeping robot friend, Botlor to prepare a healthy three-course meal of veggies. Broccoli for appetizers, veggie-fruit salad for the main course, and a veggie shake for dessert."

The pizza guy's number hit me bold and clear. "+191-"

***************************************

Hey Cool stuff, the next chapter might be 'it'. But while you wait;

Opinions, suggestions, thoughts? Lemme know in the comments

Also, give it a vote if you liked it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 24.3K 60
His beauty was unjustifiable through words. The Intelligence pummeled the greatest of minds. Voice, deeper than the darkest Abyss of sea and emotions...
4.7K 208 73
"You have no idea how badly I want to make love to you," he responds with a shake of his head. "I love you so much," he continues and my heart melts...
24.4K 955 68
'Destiny Plays Games too' [COMPLETE| Kaitlyn is the new girl in Crestville Academy, one of the most prestigious high schools in America afforded by o...