Liam

theEveofChaos által

Rayne is a powerful young witch living on her own in New York when she meets a mysterious man named Liam. As... Több

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 38

70 9 0
theEveofChaos által

They all sat in shocked silence. Liam finally turned to Hel, "Why did it call her mother?" his voice breaking as he spoke. "What does she want from her?"

Hel sat across from her father and reached for his hand. "This creature steals unborn children. Perhaps because Rayne is connected to the dead, it saw something in her spirit?" She looked at Nimuë, "I believe it is manipulating her to believe it is the child you both have lost."

He paused for a moment, then stood, "What do we do now? How do I reach her?" He looked at his daughter waiting for her permission to enter her lands.

"We must establish an anchor here with both your physical bodies first. Take me to her." Liam led the way to their chamber. Rayne seemed so pale and fragile against the sheets of their bed. Maab was with her, moistening her lips with the herbal tea again. She looked as if she had been crying. She seemed surprised when Liam entered, Hel and Nimuë following him.

"What news do you bring," Maab asked in a curt tone. She looked back to Rayne and ran the cloth across her lips and cheeks. "The girl is fading, I fear. It's as if she wants to die." Maab choked.

Liam put his hand on Maab's shoulder, "She doesn't want to die, she's being tricked. The gello is draining her life from her." Maab stared at him with her mouth pressed in a hard line, "I'm bringing her home, Maab. Please trust me." Her eyes softened.

"I know you will do all you can, Liam," she whispered as she stepped back from the bed. "How do I help, Nimuë?" she asked, turning to her friend.

Nimuë had closed the curtains and lit white candles. She held out a single green candle to Maab, "Will you be their anchor? I cannot connect to Hel's realm, and that is where the child is holding Rayne's soul." Her eyes were rimmed with tears. This was the second time her daughter was in danger and she could not help her again. Her face was creased with worry and grief. She turned to Liam. "Lay in the bed with her. I am going to bind your hands with this ribbon. It should help you connect to Rayne telepathically once you are there." Once Liam had laid down and she had wrapped the ribbon around their hands she softly spoke a spell in Gaelic, "lig dá mbanna fanacht gan bhriseadh," She smiled weakly at Liam, "Bring my daughter home."

Hel once again raised the illusion of Niflheim, but this time, she led Liam, as his own spirit left his body and followed her. His corporeal form remained on the bed with Rayne. In his spirit form, he returned to his God self. He was Loki once more. Hel led him down in the darkness, and spoke as they walked, "You knew you might never be able to leave here? Why did you still come?" She did not turn to him but continued on.

"I love her," Loki said, "I can't explain it daughter, but she is my destiny." Hel paused to look at her father. She smiled at him, then pointed. "She is there." As Loki walked toward Rayne, he heard Hel say, "Mother was right, you have changed." Then she vanished.

Loki walked steadily towards Rayne and the child. Rayne, I'm here - he pushed his mind towards hers. You don't belong here, my love, come with me. He saw the child lift her head and howl. Rayne stroked the girl's hair but lifted her head as well. Look at me, ástvinur, I love you. Come with me. Loki continued to move toward them. He came around in front of Rayne and knelt before her. The child gripped Rayne and tugged at her brown hair. "Don't take my mommy," she whimpered, "she loves me."

"Child, she isn't your mommy," Loki said softly. "She doesn't belong here." He reached out a hand toward Rayne and the child. The little girl scratched at him, her fingers sharped and cut him. He felt his flesh rip even though he was only spirit and pulled his arm away. "How are you doing that? What do you want from her?" He demanded.

The creature giggled and smiled, clinging to Rayne's arms, "I'm her precious one. She longs for a child and I have become hers. She is happy here with me, go away God of Mischief, she doesn't need you anymore." She stroked Rayne's face and sang to her again. Rayne held the child in her arms and soothed her. "Can we play a game, mommy? I want to play!" the girl tugged at Rayne and pulled her to her feet. She danced in circles making Rayne spin around.

Loki could hear Rayne laugh, but it was hollow, her black eyes following the child's movements. He stood and walked towards her. Rayne, look at me, see me, please. I cannot leave without you, my love. He reached out and took her arm. She stopped and stared at him, not knowing him. It is me, darling. It's Liam. She raised her eyebrows, her eyes starting to gain color again. That's it Rayne, come back to me, please.

She blinked her eyes rapidly, "Liam, wait, no, Loki?" her voice was hesitant, "Why are you a spirit - are we..." her voice trailed off as she looked down at herself.

He lifted her chin, "No we're not dead, but we are in spirit. We need to leave, Rayne." He tried to pull her away, but she resisted.

"Our daughter needs me. I can't go," she said, reaching for the false child. "Don't you want me to have my daughter?" She looked at Loki with fear. "Why are you trying to take her from me?" Her eyes began to darken again.

Loki shook her arms, "She isn't our daughter. Our child is gone, ástvinur. This is the creature that took her from us." The blackness in her eyes receded. The child creature hissed and howled at them. Rayne's eyes began to swell with tears. Her grief was renewed. Liam took her hands and intertwined his fingers with hers. "You belong with me, Rayne. We are to be married and will have a family. This is not a child, but a creature of lies!" As he spoke the green ribbon Nimuë had placed around their wrists began to manifest.

Rayne's eyes cleared fully as if a fog had lifted, and she gasped, "Liam!" she cried out in recognition. She fell into his arms, "I don't understand, where are we and why do you look like your Loki form?" The creature began to howl and charge at them, slashing its claws at them. It made a run for Rayne, trying to recreate the connection, but Loki pushed her back, feeling a claw slash across his chest. He stumbled, watching the blood seep from him. "No!" Rayne screamed, supporting him as he staggered back further. He wasn't corporeal so he could not access the creation powers to heal himself.

Rayne put up her hands and yelled at the creature to stop, "Please little one, let go of your anger. If you harm him, you harm me. You don't want to harm your mother do you?" She saw the child's features soften as its claws vanished. It was once again a little girl. "Come, sit with me and tell me your name." Rayne took the child's hand.

"Asta. My other mommy called me Asta." she smiled sweetly at Rayne. "I had almost forgotten I had a name. Are you going to leave me too?" she looked, trying to cast her spell once again. Rayne knew what she was trying and smiled back at her.

She brushed her hand down the girl's face. "I wish you were my daughter, but no, I cannot stay and you can no longer keep me." The child scowled, but Rayne continued before the child lashed out again, "I do not know how you became the creature you are now, or if you were ever really human, Asta, but I do know what it is to be alone, and for that I am sorry." She lifted the girl in her arms. "I need to take him back now, and I'm going to stay with him, but I will make you this promise - if I ever do have a daughter of my own, I will name her Asta." The child smiled and nodded.

Rayne saw movement near Loki and turned. Although they had yet to meet, she recognized the girl immediately. Hel was kneeling over her father. "His wounds are severe, you must leave now if he is to be saved." She held out her arms to the child creature, "Come with me little one, I know some friends you can play with." The little girl latched on to Hel and clapped in a playful way. She looked at Rayne and smiled, "Please watch over my father, Rayne. I look forward to meeting my new siblings someday." She and the child walked away and vanished.

Rayne knelt down to Loki and took his hands again. The green ribbon reappeared. "Bring us home, please," she whispered.

She opened her eyes to see Maab and her mother standing by the bed, pressing down on Liam's wound. He still had not woken up and looked so pale. There was blood covering the bed and his breathing was shallow. Rayne held his face and kissed him, Liam, open your eyes, mo shíorghrá. We are home. I need you to heal yourself, now please, - she kissed him again - Don't you leave me, we have a wedding to plan.

Liam gasped and coughed, "Rayne," his voice just barely a whisper.

"Shhh, talk later, heal yourself now," She kissed him again more deeply as the green glow began to form in his hands as he reached for her. It spread down his body and enveloped her as well, healing them both. Rayne pulled her head back, "Um Liam, we aren't alone." He blinked his eyes as what she said sunk in and quickly pulled his hand away from her head and coughed nervously

He looked up at Maab and Nimuë, smiling sheepishly. He saw Rayne blushing next to him. The two women just smiled, then burst out laughing. Nimuë hugged Rayne for a few moments, then turned to Maab. The old Queen nodded in agreement and they left Liam and Rayne alone.

Liam grabbed Rayne and pulled her into his arms. He didn't speak for a while as he just held her, for fear that she would be gone again if he let go. When he looked down he realized the bed was still covered in blood, "Well that isn't very appealing," he said, "I think we need a shower and some clean bedding." He got up and led her to the shower, waving his hand and replacing the bedding with crisp soft green sheets and an emerald green comforter. He turned on the water and undressed both of them, pulling her in under the stream of water. He pulled her into his arms again and kissed her deeply. "I love you," he whispered in her ear.

They stood under the water for a few more moments before Rayne broke the silence, "You saved me again. This seems to be becoming a habit." she lifted her eyes to his, put her hand behind his head, and pulled him down to kiss her. He took a step forward, pressing her against the wall, she gasped at the feel of the cool surface against her back. He trailed his lips down her neck, his hands sliding down her arms and taking her hands.

Liam pulled her hands to his lips and kissed the backs of her hands. He leaned in and kissed her again, then looked deep into her eyes. "We saved each other again, my love." He kissed her and pulled her into his embrace. They both clung to each other just letting the water wash away the struggles of the past few days and weeks.

At dinner that evening, Liam was still unusually quiet. He didn't let Rayne out of his sight for a moment and tried to stay in physical contact with her as much as possible too. He held her hand under the table or would brush against her leg while they ate. His expression was filled with love, but also fear and hurt. Rayne led him out to the gardens after the meal was finished. She walked towards the moonflowers they had helped bloom that night together. She took his hand and intertwined her fingers with his, then held them above the new yet unfolded buds. "Let the power flow through both of us, Liam." He looked at her with tears in his eyes, then closed them tightly as he made the power flow through him and joined with her hand. The bud slowly opened to reveal a snow-white blossom. Liam opened his eyes, released her hand, and fell to the ground sobbing. Rayne knelt down, wrapping her arms around him, she held him against her. "What is it, my love? How can I ease this pain in you?"

Liam looked into her eyes, regulating his breathing. "Rayne, I have brought nothing but chaos and death into your life since we met. I fear that the sins of my past are going to cost you your life." He cupped her face in his hands. "I accept my fate and suffering, but I cannot let you be harmed. I need to leave. I need to stay away from you to keep you safe. I'm sorry."

She grabbed his wrists, digging into them for fear he would vanish. "You are not going anywhere!" She glared at him, feeling her panic rise. "You did not cause any of this! Eris was after me all along, you just happened to be involved, and the gello took our child, neither of those things are your fault!" She could feel her hot tears spilling down her cheeks and clouding her eyes, but she wouldn't let go of him.

"You say you want to keep me safe and that you love me, Liam. Then know this, if you leave me, I won't be safe. I will fall into the darkness if only to stop the pain of losing you. Don't you realize you are my strength, my light in dark places? No one else could have reached me in Helheim, no one." She pulled him against her, sobbing into his chest. "I am a child of the Raven Clan. I will always have challenges and even danger in my life, I realize that now. Please don't leave me to face them alone, Liam."

He wrapped his arms around her, breathing in her scent. He ran his fingers through her hair letting a small moan escape. "I don't know how to keep you safe," he whispered.

She looked up at him, "You can't, but you can be with me when danger comes around, and that is worth more." She put her forehead against his and whispered. "Will you stay?"

Liam held her tightly to him. "Ástvinur, I am yours. Where you are is where I shall be." He tilted her chin up and kissed her gently. "May I take you to our bed, my darling?"

"Yes, please," she replied softly as they vanished in a green mist.

****Mature Content Warning: M/F

Soft wispy lights floated in the room, and the bed was turned down. Liam gently lifted Rayne to the bed and then lay beside her stroking his hair and holding her. He kissed her hesitantly. He became more relaxed when she returned his kiss. He wanted to make her feel safe and loved but didn't want her to feel pressured or rushed. He kissed her neck and gently caressed her. They slowly explored each other's bodies, almost cautiously.

"Make love to me," Rayne asked in a hushed tone.

Liam stared into her eyes, "Are you sure? If you aren't ready..." She kissed him, cutting off his words. He gently rolled over and opened her legs. She moaned as his thumb swirled over her clit. He trailed his kisses along her collarbone, nipping at the tender spots and leaving small marks. Rayne fumbled with his pants until she freed his very swollen erection, and then began stroking him slowly. "By the Gods," Liam moaned. In a shimmer of green mist, their clothes had vanished.

Rayne tugged his hand away and pulled him towards her, placing his length at her wet entrance. He pressed into her gently, feeling her instantly tighten around him. She moaned loudly as he slowly thrust into her. Liam's movements were slow and gentle, he was afraid of hurting her. She raked her nails across his back and wrapped her legs around his waist, taking him deeper. "Faster, my love," she moaned.

His pace quickened as he felt her insides clamping around him. He knew her orgasm was close, and he felt his building as well. Rayne began to arch her back, her moans becoming louder. Liam was growling as he thrust deep inside her. Their climax overtook them as Liam came deep inside her. "Ástvinur, I love you so," he whispered in her ear, then pulled her to his chest as they drifted off to sleep.

***

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

27.1K 506 12
A collection of short kinky stories. Mature themes throughout. Don't read if under 18 ------- ***Number 1 #lokisarmy***
108K 3.4K 20
Odin and Frigga had invited Laufey and his two sons, Helblindi and the runt, Loki, to discuss some affairs in peace and war. But as they are there, L...
971 16 30
Children and best friends Y/N and Loki are having fun with mischief and pranks until one day as young adults Y/N is faced with bullying but lashes ou...