naruto | dreams of mist |

By NarutosAkatsuki

~~~~~~~|~~~~~~<<<<<<<~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~ Uta Yuki is a Shinobi from the Hidden Mist village. Her life has taken a... More

Chapter one | Beginnings | edited
Chapter two | Changes | edited
Chapter three | Efforts | edited
Chapter four | Fear | edited
Chapter six | Chikara | edited
Chapter seven | Complicated | edited
Chapter Eight | Reality | edited
Editing is finished

Chapter five | Depths | edited

192 20 12
By NarutosAkatsuki

Miyuki

Chapter five: Depths

Miyuki let out a tired huff as she slowly slid down the concrete wall. Her butt landed with a thud onto the dirt and she lazily flung her arms over her knees.

She was bored.

"Don't get comfortable," Raiden mumbled as he strained his eyelids to stay open. He stood with his back against the wall next to her, crossing his arms over his chest.

Miyuki let out a string of incoherent mumbles in reply. She just wanted to get this mission over with already.

All three of them were situated at Kirigakure's gates, waiting for Hitomi to return from the Mizukage's office. They arrived around 20 minutes ago and the sky had already started to lighten.

We will probably be sent back... Uta thought to herself as she flew her gaze across the clouded space above.

She wasn't sitting with the others, but leaned herself against the stony wall above the gate. She could see for miles, a shimmering figment of water spanned the horizon.

The morning was cold, only the breeze by itself managed to bring goosebumps to Uta's skin.

I wonder if they're waiting for us? She amusingly thought, starting to hypothesize the abilities of the enemy.

Maybe fire users? Although they could have used torches to light the flames. But the villagers would have had some water jutsu, after all it is the water country.

Too much speculation. She slouched in annoyance, leaning her head back to rest against the wall. What's their purpose with us? How irritating.

Should she be feeling scared? Or excited? After all this time she's finally able to get some real action, and she's found people like her. Uta couldn't wait to discover what the others had in store; their techniques.

What she could already tell, Raiden was quite unpredictable and strong. Whilst Miyuki had intelligence and intimidation as her strengths.

"Oi, Miyuki." The recognizable voice of their Sensei cut them from their states.

Miyuki weakly turned her head to Hitomi whilst Uta just acknowledged her through the corner of her gaze. She was tired of the hold up, and she guessed the others were as well.

Hitomi stood, one arm reaching over her shoulder, latched onto a large weapon. Miyuki raised an eyebrow as Hitomi began to lift the handle upwards.

Thunk!

Miyuki squeaked in surprise as the air above her head disappeared. "Oh my," she breathed, lifting her face to stare at the blade above her, dug into the wall.

I didn't even see her throw it. Raiden thought with his eyes slightly wider, amazed by her speed.

Charming. Uta cringed when she inspected how close the weapon was from grazing the top of Miyuki's head.

"Sensei, why are you trying to kill Miyuki?" Raiden asked squinting his eyes. His tone was bored; far from awake.

Uta appeared next to Raiden, giving him a sideways glance as he jumped in fright at her sudden appearance.

"Don't do that," he pouted.

Hitomi sighed, ruffling her white strands. She lifted her head to the sky, closing her eyes for a moments silence before she returned her attention to her students.

"I wish to give this to Miyuki as a gift, seeing as she claims to want to become a seven swordsman," she explained, walking over to Miyuki. A soft wind blew around them.

"A gift?" Miyuki repeated, leaning back on her hands as she continued to stare at the weapons body. It looks familiar, she thought with curiosity filling her senses.

"It's the same one from this week." Hitomi added, as if reading Miyuki thoughts. It had a diamond shaped tip, the same of which was used to attack the Mizukage.

"Oh, it is to," Miyuki awkwardly crawled from under the sword, standing up next to it. "Well I guess this is where I say thank you?" She exclaimed, now finally meeting Hitomi's eyes.

"Whatever, but I would get up now, here come the others." Hitomi answered, waving her off as Miyuki then proceeded to pull the handle of the weapon. It took some strength, but it soon slid from its cut.

"Team Hitomi," a masculine voice stated from behind them all. They all turned to see a group of ninja.

Uta swept her gaze across the ensemble. There were many, around 20 altogether. One person caught her gaze especially.

A boy, with black hair and red eyes. He was staring straight back at her, his face emotionless, not displeased or taunting, but neutral.

That's a first, Uta awkwardly thought, quickly pulling her eyes away as another boy approached her way.
The boy was familiar, his forest green hair neatly swept to one side.

"Seriously? You're coming with us?" He asked mortified, staring at Uta although talking to the three of them.

Miyuki curiously shifted her eyes over the boy, taking in his appearance. And then she smirked, raising one of her fine eyebrows.

"Your point is?" Uta calmly replied to everyone's surprise.

She felt somewhat confident when the boy blinked in surprise, but it soon turned into a sour expression.

"Shouldn't you be somewhere getting beat up or something?" He retorted, smirking slightly when he noticed Raiden clenching his fist tightly. Uta blankly stared at him in return.

"Maybe I should be, though I warn you. I may kill them this time." She threatened, narrowing her eyes.

"Kill someone? We all know you're a murderer, there's no need to prove it further." He exclaimed, closing his eyes as he let out a mocking chuckle.

Uta could feel her nerves rising as the man started to walk towards her with a smile.

"She died, and yet you're this weak," he taunted, "see." He pulled his arm back as his fist closed.

Who is he talking about? Raiden and Miyuki simultaneously thought.

Smack!

The boys eyes widened in shock as his fist was blocked by Uta's palm.

"You're an idiot," she muttered, calmly staring into his eyes as she increased her pressure onto his hand.

The boy seemed to be frozen as everyone stared with shock, Raiden silently sighed in relief when he realized that Uta wasn't hit.

He was about to kick this guy in the head if he went any further. The guy seemed to distracted to realize Uta's next actions, until.

Crack!

Slowly, the boys face twisted into a agonised expression, full of pain as Uta removed her hand from his.

He screeched staring at his palm, his wrist was hanging at an unnatural direction, indicating that it was broken.

"You broke my fucking wrist!" He cried out, holding his wrist tightly as it started to swell at the joint.

Miyuki clutched her stomach with one hand over her mouth as she tried to refrain for wheezing.

"You are correct," Uta replied, leaning one of her hands on her hip. She continued, "But at least I didn't break your jaw, then 3 of your ribs, also don't forget dislocating your knee joints, and then finally fracturing every finger on your body."

"You bitch!" He yelled, suddenly pulling a kunai as he rushed towards her.

Raiden launched into action as he stood himself in front of Uta, causing her to freeze. The kunai was aimed at his chest, hitting nothing but water as the target spot was liquefied.

He frowned, dangerously glaring at the boy; his arm twitched indicating he was about to attack him. But he was stopped when Hitomi suddenly appeared between them, two of her fingers each pointed at their foreheads.

She sighed, closing her eyes for a second. And then they snapped open, her glare made people freeze as she lowered her face to the green haired boy.

"You little shit, go get your wrist fixed and stop picking fights!" She growled letting her hair blow through the wind. "Especially with my team!" The boy weakly nodded in fear and stumbled away from her, cursing as he did so whilst people gave him a sympathetic look.

"And you!" She now turned towards the trio, who were all trembling nervously, under their facade of course. Hitomi sighed again, before a smile lit up her face. "Well done!" She praised, causing the audience to groan.

"You finally stood up for yourself!" She exclaimed, walking over to Uta and ruffled her hair in a friendly manor.

"Let's just leave already." Uta muttered, turning her back to Hitomi, her emotions were everywhere right now.

"Right!" Hitomi yelled nervously, turning back around to face the crowd of Ninja. "Alright! Listen up!" She growled, suddenly changing back to her scary self.

"Heh," Miyuki tiredly chuckled rubbing her forehead.

"I've gained information that the enemy we will be facing are unknown ninja, that means nobody knows who they are or where they are from!" This caused many people to frown in worry.

"This means that if you engage in battle with any of them, you are not to kill them; but capture them. Preferably unconscious would be helpful." She added.

"Anyway! You heard the lady! Let's get a move on!" Hitomi yelled in an authoritative tone turning back towards the gates. Soon after a chorus of agreement was given and they all ran in formation out of the gates.

"That was amazing earlier," Miyuki shyly informed Uta, keeping the same pace with her as they ran through the secretive mist.

"It felt amazing," Uta quietly mumbled, keeping her gaze ahead as she stared with watering eyes.

I will not cry, she told herself feeling her heart jumping in all directions. Instead she turned her gaze to the side as Miyuki stared at her with a small smile.

Uta merely blinked when the same cherry eyed boy from earlier was running beside her.

No prejudice? She thought to herself, a small respective smile slipping across her face, but still the boy remained staring straight ahead.

Time to focus. She told herself, determined as she stared ahead.

~~~

When they approached the now unrecognizable town, gasps sounded all around.

It was a pit.

A pit of ashes and death.

Small flames danced across the once whole structures, consuming every object into the dirt. No wooden buildings remained in this wasteland, black smoke covered the concrete walls that were messily scattered.

And the smell, it was horrific. But what would you expect?

The deformed figures of struggling victims lined the paths. Their bodies black as their charcoal forms showed expressions of torture.

Hitomi lead the way as they all walked with blank expressions. The corpses disturbingly reached towards them, small children laid curled inwards on themselves, an attempt to protect themselves.

The flames had died down but smoke still filled the air, making it hard to remain focused.

"Someone put out these flames!" A male voice demanded some distance away. Almost immediately the sound of water could be heard engulfing the burning timber. It also got harder to breath as many ninja started coughing helplessly.

"Now we can't see!" Miyuki yelled in frustration as steam started to rise all around them.

Tiger, Ox, Dog, Rabbit, Snake.

"Wind release: Great Breakthrough!" Uta yelled, bringing her fingers to her lips. She aimed her jutsu to the sky as a monstrous gust of wind was blown from her mouth.

It spanned almost half the village, blowing the steam away from their surroundings.

"Thank goodness at least someone here has wind technique!" Miyuki nervously chuckled rubbing her head. Uta nodded her head running her hand though her hair.

"And now we see," Raiden was about to finish his sentence, if it wasn't for his eyes widening with surprise.

All of them were surprised as they stared ahead, towards the band of ninja.

A whole line of them were dressed in dark green cloaks, long scythes across their backs.

Now that the steam had disappeared, they could make out their smirking faces, the one in the center slowly stumbled towards out of line.

"One dead, another gone, how many Uta's can you spot?" His eyes widened as he grinned. "I spot one," The man answered himself, chuckling as he lifted his scythe forward with his arm extended.

"Dead." He whispered.

~~~~~

Thanks for reading so far!

Please comment your thoughts and vote! :D

Until next time

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

765K 31K 140
The life of a Shinobi is difficult to endure as we come across many obstacles that are tragic, but we have hope to achieve peace and protect our love...
4.6K 125 22
Naruto's ex girlfriend just broke up with him. Not to long after his break up he meets a raven haired boy under a tree. Naruto later on starts to hav...
259K 9.9K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
68.2K 1.6K 46
Shirazaki Y/N, childhood best friend of Uchiha Sasuke, has a complex and conflicted journey ahead. United by a strong bond since their early years, t...