Emma: The Legend of the Darks...

By xoxAnnee

rank: #18 in howtotrainyourdragon My name is Emma. I'm different than other nineteen-year-old girls; in fact... More

Introduction :)
Prologue: The Legend of the Darkstalker
Chapter 1: Rising for a Fall
Chapter 2: Choice
Chapter 3: The Prophetic Dream
UPDATE 1/23/15
Chapter 4: Second Chance?
Just so you don't get confused:
Chapter 5: A Blazing Fire
Chapter 6: Drago
Chapter 7: Shattered Ice
Chapter 8: In the Shaddows
Author's Note:
Chapter 9: Berk
Poll:
Chapter 10: Discovered
Chapter 11: Connected
Poll #2:
Poll #2 Part Two
Chapter 12: Back in Time
Chapter 13: Blaze
Your ideas? :)
Chapter 14: A New World
2,000 reads!!!! AHHHH!!! (2.6K) :D
Chapter 15: Unfamiliar
Update 3/17/15
Chapter 16: Secret
Poll #3:
Chapter 17: Escape?
Update: 4/8/15
Chapter 18: Surprise
Chapter 19: The Plan
I Changed My Username!!
A/N: About Me
Chapter 20: Eret
Chapter 22: Broken and Mended
Chapter 23: Anything and Everything
Your Ideas? #3
Chapter 24: The Lightening Stone
10K!!! Ahhhh!!!!
The Book of Contests Info
60K Views!
Thank You For 100K!!!

Chapter 21: Crimson

3.2K 194 43
By xoxAnnee

 ***Only a few more chapters before I start the sequel! *squeee!* Can I get a "FLIP YEAH!!" ***

I climbed a tree with practiced ease. I sat down, my feet dangling from a branch, as I watched Eret walking away. I stared at him until he was no longer in sight, then leaned back against another branch and sighed.

Eret almost killed me.

  Almost.

Why didn't he? It couldn't have been because of the 'favor' he wanted from me, because if he'd already had something in mind, then he would have told me right then. But he said a favor in the future. So he doesn't even know what he wants from me, yet he let me bargain with my life for it...

Strange...

I looked up at the setting sun. Amber rays sifted through the trees' foliage, and the sun was in the middle of the sky. I watched the glowing colors swirl and dance on the horizon. The meeting must be going on now.

Worried thoughts flashed through my head. What if Hiccup and the others didn't get back in time? What if they stayed out looking for me?

Then, a twig snapped somewhere below me and to my left. My gaze shot to the source of the sound: a group of vikings, led by Gobber. Looking for me.

I slowly lifted my dangling feet to the branch that I was sitting on, and to my horror, purple swirls branched off from where my shoes touched. They spiraled and began to vine down the base of the tree! Gobber signaled for his men to stop and he pointed to the design. He put a finger to his mouth to shush them as he took in the still-growing pattern.

I slowly stood up on the creaking branch, as Gobber looked up. I took a breath and my heart stopped. I backed away, only being slightly visable. I took a risk, and climbed down the opposite side of the tree and quietly landed on the ground.

"She was here..." Gobber whispered. I closed my eyes and leaned against the back of the tree. I tried to slow my shuttered breathing, but I couldn't stop shaking. I took a step back, then, snap! A looked down at the snapped stick.

"Over there!" Gobber yelled. I waisted no time in abandoning my hiding spot and darting out into the open, away from the vikings. I heard the whizzing of several arrows. I screamed, and shoved a forcefield behind me, turning the arrows black as they clattered to the ground.

Battle cries paired with thundering footsteps seemed to be right behind me. I kept running and running and running.

I skillfully leapt over tree roots and logs as I went. Then I turned a corner, and came to an abrupt stop. A cliff stood before me. I turned around and saw myself surrounded.

"Stay back!" I yelled, moving my hand in a slight motion to force them back a step. They ignored my command, while several aimed more arrows at me. When they shot them, I used another forcefield, disintegrating the arrows into dust.

I rose my hand, an energy beam forming in my hand. But then I remembered Hiccup's words. "While Emma is capable of defending herself, she could hurt someone in the process. She would be dangerous if someone found her." He was right. I slowly closed my hand, the ball of energy disappearing.

"Please, I don't want to hurt anyone." I held my hands out in surrender. I even took a few steps toward them, but they backpeddled in response. I was a little confused by their reaction. "What, so, you're brave enough to chase me, but you cower at the thought of me chasing you?" No one responded.

"I know what you all think of me, but I am not a monster. I'm not here to hurt anyone. Don't you think if I were going to hurt you, I would have done it all ready?" They thought for a minute. "If I were going to hurt you, I wouldn't have run. I wouldn't have needed to run."

I heard a shang sound behind me. Without thinking, I ducked as someone from behind me swung an axe at me. I backed up and tripped over a tree root, falling to the ground. I looked up at a boy somewhere from six to eight years old who had tried to kill me. The vikings gasped at the boys brave attempt. I stood back up, and the boy clutched his axe to his chest in fear. He backed up, but I held my hand out.

"It's okay, it's okay... I'm not going to hurt you." I took a few steps toward him, but he hopped a half step back. I took another step, but he didn't move. I knealed down on one knee to be at eye level with him. The boy's golden-blonde bangs flopped over his brown eyes. He still looked terrified. "What's your name?" I asked him. Shocked by my question, he stayed silent for a moment. None of the vikings dared to move, in fear that I would hurt the boy.

"C-Crimson..." He answered shyly. I smiled and carefully reached for his axe. He gasped and tried to back away.

"Crimson, it's okay... It's okay..." I slowly took the axe out of his hand and set it down behind me. "You know, you might be the bravest kid I've ever met." I smiled, and the hint of a grin appeared on his face. "My name is Emma... Understand something, Crimson, I would never hurt you." I waited a second, and Crimson nodded.

"Crimson, where are your parents?" I knew that none of these vikings were his parents, because none of them begged me for his life. None of them said anything. They just sat there in silence. Crimson was silent for a moment before speaking again.

"I-I ran away, because I wanted to be a real warrior viking." I smiled sadly.

"Crimson, you already are a warrior viking. In here." I reached and tapped his chest where his heart was, and he didn't even flinch. Instead he smiled proudly. "How about I take you home to your parents? I'm sure they're worried sick about you." Still smiling brightly, he nodded and offered me his hand. I smiled and stood up, before taking his hand.

I looked down at the little boy holding my hand. He didn't fear me. And it felt amazing. I took a step forward and the vikings rushed to get out of my way in silent shock.

I let the boy lead me toward his home. The village was nearly empty, because everyone was either in the Great Hall, or with Gobber. But there were still a handful of vikings in the village, and at the sight of me, they stopped and stared. None of them charged me—probably for Crimson's sake. Crimson lead me to a house and opened the door. No one was home; his parents were probably still at the Hall.

Crimson rushed to grab a box and showed it to me: It was full of stuffed toys. He pulled out a stuffed orange deadly nadder, with missmatching button eyes. "This is Henry!" He beamed, handing the toy to me.

"Wow! Hello, Henry!" I giggled and played along. I sat down on the floor beside Crimson. He then picked up a stuffed terrible terror.

"And this is Terry." I giggled at the appropriate name.

I had the most fun I had ever had, as Crimson showed me all his stuff and I played with him. We played pretend with the stuffed animals, and we pretended that his bed was a pirate ship. I tickled him until he was laughing wildly, and we played hide and go seek.

Crimson made me feel happy; Accepted. He made me forget that I was something dangerous that everyone feared. He made me feel normal. I felt like I had a brother again, only this time, I was the older sibling.

When his parents still weren't home, I suggested that we go outside and look at the stars. He gladly accepted and jumped into my arms. I picked him up and carried him outside. We laid down in the soft, green grass and looked at the sky.

The white stars glistened and sparkled. Cricket's chirped rhythmically, as I pointed out different constellations. It was late, and Crimson's parents still weren't back yet... Then my eyes gravitated to a note nailed to the door. I struggled to read the words.

 Notice: Joanna Spastic Flames and Clinton Blade Flames lost at sea. Son, Crimson Flames, still missing.

It took me forever to understand the words, but I finally got them: Crimson's Parents were dead.

As delicately as I could, I told Crimson of his deceased parents. Crimson burst into tears and latched into a hug with me. My heart broke for the little boy. He cried and cried as I stroked his back. He eventually cried himself to sleep. I picked him up and carried him into his house and lay him on his bed. I shut the door and lay down next to him - I couldn't just leave him by himself.

I stared at the ceiling. Crimson's sorrow for the loss of his parents reflected my own, for the capture of my brother. It reminded me how much I missed him and how much he meant to me.

"Blaze, come back to me..." I whispered, before sleep overtook me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.6K 27
"You are different. You are courageous. I might be those things too, but there's one thing you're forgetting. We didn't get this far alone. We both h...
69.5K 3.4K 21
Everyone knows the story of Hiccup and how he trained a dragon. Ever know how the dragon trained him? Ever wonder the Night furies past? Well, that's...
143K 3.9K 13
(This story takes place in the first movie, also Astrid is gender-bent into Arrow.) You were always the outcast of the village. You never talked to a...
9.5K 245 27
What if Hiccup left Berk when he won the chance to kill a dragon all those years ago? Six years after Hiccups mysterious disappearance, a new Chief...