The Billionaire's Rebellious...

By sweetdreamer33

Elena will do anything to save her very ill mother from dying. She has no choice but to plead for help from h... More

The Billionaire's Rebellious Bride
Prologue
1 - "Begging for his mercy."
2. "What's the catch?"
3. "You're inviting trouble."
4. "What did I miss?"
5. "First meeting"
6. "The old devil!"
7. "Here comes the bride."
8. "First kiss."
9. "Why are you taking your clothes off?"
10. "Did she call me a devil?"
11. "You're trespassing!"
12. "It's my business. I'm your husband."
13. "You got me."
14. "Are you jealous?"
15. "Now he knows."
16. "Kiss me."
17. "What just happened?"
18. "I need more tea."
19. "Getting steamy."
20. "The morning after."
21. "Why did you lie?"
22. "It feels like falling in love."
23. "You're hurting me."
24. "Where's Elena?"
25. "Steamy night."
27. "Another coincidence."
28. "The couch."
29. "Getting sweeter."
30. "Kiss me more."
31. "French Macaroons."
32. "Say I love you instead."
33. "Are you pregnant?"
34. "Love and coffee."
35. "Meeting Trisha."
36. "Talk to me."
37. "I promise you."
38. "Were you looking for me?"
39. "We need to talk."
40. "She's invisible."
41. "He should know."
42. "Let's talk."
43. "Back in his arms."
44. "I'll be there home."
45. "Still very possessive."
46. "The truth."
47. "He's a murderer."
48. "Rebel bride, no more."
49. "I don't need the tea."
Epilogue
The Billionaire's Sweet Trouble

26. "I'm not jealous."

199K 10K 1.1K
By sweetdreamer33

Chapter Twenty Six

Elena's POV

Two weeks later, it was my mother in-laws birthday celebration held at the Stavrakos hotel.

I would meet Adonis at the party, since he had no time to go home to change clothes. He had a last minute business meeting with some foreign investors.

At seven thirty in the evening, I arrived at the Stavrakos hotel, wearing a white holster long dress, backless down to the waist. I put my hair up, to give emphasis to my bare back. My makeup was flawless, with smokey eyes, highlights and luscious lips.

I entered alone in an empty elevator. I pressed GB, the grand ballroom of the hotel. Just when the doors closed, a hand stopped them from closing.

A handsome tall blond man entered. We stared for barely three seconds before the doors snapped shut behind him.

"Hi," he greeted me with a beaming smile.

"Hi," I greeted back. I was starstruck at seeing him in person. My goodness, I've only seen him in the movies, magazines, billboards and internet.

"I'm Christian Firth," he extended his hand, and I took it in a handshake.

"I'm Elena."

He chuckled, giving me a teasing wink, "I know. You're my ex."

My temple felt hot of embarrassment, coming face to face with the man whom grandpa fixed as my ex-boyfriend.

"I'm sorry. Trust me, it's not my own doing."

"I know," he smiled gently, "it's with my permission though."

That surprised me. The starstruck feeling I had earlier abruptly died.

"So you're one of those he paid to destroy my reputation," the corner of my lips twisted.

His forehead furrowed instantly, "nope. I'm just returning a favor. Besides, your grandpa only wanted to protect you from the press and paparazzi who wanted to dig into your past."

I gave him a suspicious look, "are you saying that you know me?"

He nodded, "more than you thought. This arranged marriage thing, which you agreed to because of your ill mother. Working as a gasoline girl on weekends as a teenager, then an all-around assistant in a fashion manufacturing company after graduating senior high. I can tell you more if you want."

My lips pressed together, "so you know everything."

"Yeah," he moved closer, as we stood side by side, watching the elevator going up to the 100th floor, "unlike your husband, you have nothing to hide from me."

The mention of Adonis brought heaviness in my heart. I wished he knew everything about me. And once he did, I hoped he would understand.

My attention shifted back to the man standing beside me.

"How did you come to know about my life? Are you related to grandpa?"

"Not by blood, but he's close to my family. He was my grandfather's best friend."

"Wow. Interesting to know that he had a best friend. I'm sure they shared the same personalities."

"Nope," he shook his head vigorously, "my grandpa was very calm. He did not know how to get angry. He shared the same qualities with my dad."

"And you did not."

He laughed, "you're right. I got my personality from my mom. She's like a thunderstorm."

"Seems like a good combination."

"Nope. They got divorced after two years of marriage."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay," he shrugged, then said, "do you know, your mom was supposed to marry my dad. Of course in an arranged marriage. But she ran away with your father."

The information made my eyebrows rise.

"Seriously?"

He nodded, "we could be siblings."

"Or never been born."

We both laughed together, then our smiles slowly faded as we stared at each other.

"You're really cute in person. You have the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen."

His compliment was not welcome. Coming from a single man to a married woman. Besides, I was suspicious of him having this connection with grandpa.

"Have you seen a photo of me before?"

"Photos," he said, emphasizing the 's' at the end, "your grandpa had been tapping you as you grew up. Everytime he went to our house, he showed me new photos of you."

I rolled my eyes, my hands clenched in anger.

"Disappointed, huh?"

"Very. I could not believe how I became related to a devil."

He burst into laughter, "yeah, he is."

"So you agree, that he's a horrible person."

"Definitely," he clasped his arms together, "that old man is savage as fuck. I had been a victim of his cruelness too. He made me attend some crazy old stuff that I was forced to pay, and set me up on a blind date with a young rich heiress. I could have been in prison for child abuse or exploitation."

We laughed together, glad that we agreed on something.

The elevator stopped and we stepped out, walking in the long corridor leading to the Grand Ballroom.

"You want to know more?" he asked, making me curious.

"Okay, tell me more."

"Brace yourself, because this will surely shake you," he warned.

"Ok, try me."

"Our grandfathers arranged for us to get married."

My mouth instantly dropped open, and he laughed.

"Seriously?"

He nodded, "but then... my grandpa died, and Constantine found out about the massive stack of gold bars that Stavrakos is hiding. Adonis Stavrakos is rich as fuck, I could not compete in that level. So, your grandpa thought he was the better choice for you."

My temper escalated, blinding my eyes. So, grandpa planned this all along. An arranged marriage, with or without mom getting sick. He surely treated me like a toy, passing from one man to the other. His greediness overpowered his decision. The richest won.

"What about you? You seemed agreeable to the arranged marriage. Was my inheritance motivated you?"

"Nope," he denied, "there would be a prenuptial agreement. I wouldn't get a cent from you."

"Really? Why do I find that hard to believe."

"It's the truth. I agreed to your grandfather's requests, because as I've said earlier, I'm returning a favor."

"Oh yeah... a favor," I smiled sarcastically, "did he help you build your career?"

He shook his head, "more than that. He saved my life."

Grandpa saved his life? Seriously? Satan is not merciful!

"How?" I asked, as we stepped inside the Grand Ballroom together.

"I'll tell you when I see you," he leaned his head closer to mine, his hand touching my bare back, "I'll go ahead. Your husband is coming, and I can see murder on his face."

He was right, Adonis' was coming, and his expression unreadable.

I stood alone at the entrance of the Grand ballroom. My eyes focused at Adonis who looked devastatingly handsome, in black suit and white shirt. He looked like he was on the cover of a GQ magazine.

"Why were you with him?" he was angry. I could tell from the way his lips pressed tightly together.

"Hi. Good evening too. I'm fine, thank you," I gave him a bright smile.

Seemed like he realized his mistake, and hugged me.

"You look so beautiful, babe," he kissed my lips, lingeringly, "God, I miss you so badly."

"Me too," I said, running my hands on his shoulders.

We advanced inside the grand ballroom before we drew too much attention from the guests. My hand holding his arm.

"Tell me now, why were you with him?"

"I met him in the elevator, by coincidence."

"I see," his forehead furrowed.

I stopped walking and faced him, "you don't believe me, do you?"

"It's not that," his jaw clenched, "I saw him flirting at you."

"No," I shook my head.

"No?" his expression clouded with anger, "he touched your back."

"That was nothing. I did not feel it."

"Liar."

I took a deep breath. What is wrong with him? He's making an issue on something small.

"Okay, okay, I did... but what I mean is, I didn't feel anything. It feels nothing."

"Nothing huh?" His lips twisted, not believing me.

"You don't have to be jealous of him..."

"I am not," he snapped angrily, his face was murderous, "I just want you to behave as my real wife. Isn't that too much to ask?"

I clenched my fist, not liking where our conversation was going. I felt perspiration started to form at my temple.

"I'm trying, Adonis. I swear. I'm doing my best."

"Then, you have a strange way of showing it."

It made me feel frustrated that he was putting me at the wrong side.

"I don't understand why you're so upset. I've done nothing wrong. It so happened that we were in the elevator together. It could also happen to you and your ex."

"I would get off the elevator if that happens."

I felt like he was pushing me at the edge of the cliff.

"I don't want to be rude. He was just being nice..."

"Nice?" He interrupted "dammit! That bastard was undressing you with his eyes."

"Oh God, Adonis. You're the one acting so strange. Will you just stop? We're at your mom's birthday party, this is not the right place to argue," I clenched my teeth, feeling the frustrations building inside me "at least, can I greet your mom?"

He let out an exasperated sigh, then finally, he agreed with me.

I put my hand on his arm again, and we went to his parents.

It did not help that Grandpa was there and hanging out with Christian more.

"Why do I feel like the old man likes that actor better for you?"

"You're wrong," I clasped his hand, "he made me marry you. So he likes you better."

"Because I'm richer. That's the only thing."

"Do you have to state the obvious?" I turned to him, holding his face, "what's wrong with you? You're so grumpy tonight."

"Am I?" I nodded, and he kissed my palm. I though our conversation about Christian was over, but later he asked again, "how long have you been with him?"

"Huh?"

"How many years were you together?" he rephrased the question.

"I-I don't have the exact number, we... we always have this, on and off relationship," I clasped his hand with both mine, "but, it didn't go that far, because we're not compatible."

He seemed satisfied with my answer, and he let it go.

At eleven, we arrived in the mansion.

We still decided to take things easy, and maintain having separate bedrooms. He would come to my bedroom to sleep, or me to him.

That evening, I would go to him. We were above the stairs landing, when he said.

"Take a shower and make sure you scrub your back."

I thought it was a joke, then I realized why. He wanted to remove the imprint of Christian's touch on my bareback.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 7.4K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
76.3K 2K 39
Hello my fellow readers this book is now back on this platform, sorry that there is no picture beyond chapter 6 , I am still looking for the same one...
1.4M 48.2K 39
Getting married to the love of your life is everyone's dream. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Drea Miles was in love with someone who didn't even know...
1.3M 36.8K 66
52 CHAPTERS. (COMPLETED) Savannah Isabelle Romano is a 25 year old doctor who spent her entire life being abused emotionally, mentally and physically...