The Knife In My Hand

By AuroraFrostDragon

The girl who goes by different names and has two sides: her angel and her devil. Elma has lived enough to kno... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter One, What's Life?
Chapter Two, Getting Away
Chapter Three, Oblivious Fate
Chapter Four, My Daughter
Chapter Six, The Ride
Chapter Seven, Returning Home
Chapter Eight, New Place
Chapter Nine, Regret
Chapter Ten, Scream
Chapter Eleven, Headquarters
Chapter Twelve, Agreement
Chapter Thirteen, Answers
Chapter Fourteen, Hurt
Chapter Fifteen, Out The Window
Chapter Sixteen, Commitment
Diego Ramos
Chapter Seventeen, Panic
Chapter Eighteen, Affection
Chapter Nineteen, Online
Chapter Twenty, Bug
Chapter Twenty One, Water
Chapter Twenty Two, Gotcha
Chapter Twenty Three, Not Ready
Elma Monti
Chapter Twenty Four, Domenico
Chapter Twenty Five, Deal
Chapter Twenty Six, Fiance
Chapter Twenty Seven, Protection
Chapter Twenty Eight, Workout
Chapter Twenty Nine, Mafia
Character List
Important Notice
Feedback

Chapter Five, Needles

1.4K 18 1
By AuroraFrostDragon

Point Of View - Elma Rose

        Opening my eyes, looking around, seeing white walls and this annoying beep beep sound around me! Now look at my arm which has needles and a blood pressure device on my pointer finger. Going back to the needles, COME ON NEEDLES! I hate needles one time the twins had to restrain me to get a blood test after the mission pollen flower went sideways. Apparently it was very amusing to the Shepherd Family when they heard about my fight with the rose twins. 

       So, what happened was that we came back to base. Zachary told us that we needed a blood test to make sure we didn't get hydrogen cyanide gas in our system. I decided to try to avoid the blood test by saying that I need to get paperwork done that worked for two hours. After Jack had gotten all the blood from the members who did the mission. 

     The next thing I know is that I am hiding from Jack, Zachary, Brooklyn and Huston. But I messed up and forgot to take the allergy meds and sneezed. I spooked Klein in the kitchen. He jumped like a scared kitten and then I was cornered. Most of my mafia members were wondering why I was running from some of my top leadership but they also know that I am Elma and not the boss right now. Being held down on a chair with Brooklyn, Huston and Zachary on me down while Jack is taking my blood. The next few weeks I was being hard on all of them, Payback they knew this would happen.

        Back to the present, opening my eyes again after adjusting my eyes to the bright light in the room, I realize the guy in the suit stood up. Who is he? Could he be Social services, no my family? "Your Awake you scared us back at the school Elma!" Said the guy in a black suit staring at me.

        "Who are you?" I told him acting clueless that I already knew what happened.

        "I'm your older brother Damien, Principessa (Princess)" Said Damien with a bittersweet expression on his face with a smile. Staying expressionless almost like I'm stunted. I think he didn't realize I knew Italian yet. He steps out of the room, I am guessing my father Lorenzo Bianchi, The Don of Italian mafia, is in the hallway right now. Or he might be getting a doctor right now because I am awake. Closing my eyes. Calm down, breathe in and out but also not show it on the outside. Opening my eyes again and there were a ton of people in the VIP hospital room. I think it's a VIP hospital room. It's very similar to the one I was in after my accident in Japan.

        "Hi, I am Dr. Tusk and not like the elephant tusk tooth" said the Doctor as I giggled when he said elephant tusk tooth. Now I look around the room seeing my father, Damien, Luca and this unknown female person at the doorway. "Now down to the point, do you know why you fainted Elma?" Doctor Tusk asked me as he checked my vittles. I shake my head no. 

        Lying to the people in the room not wanting them to know that I found out. I have learned to control my emotions. That's what you have to do to survive in a world of violence and hatred. "You fainted because of a heart attack, and you need to watch the foot of it beat up badly Elma." Doctor Tusk said straight and blunt to me. Guessing that he is understanding my body language. The person I am very sure is my father turned Doctor Tusk.

        Why is it with the Italian Mafia and being so obvious about guns? My supposed father has one and even Damien. It seems like they allow Luca to wear a gun. "Ok, Thank you Doctor." Now he turned again but facing the wall with the picture frame. "Damien, per favore, manda un messaggio ai tuoi fratelli dicendo che tua sorella sta bene e è sveglia. (Damien please text your brothers that your sister is fine and awake.)" My father said in Italian. How I know he is my father is that I met him at the Annual Mafia Ball. I had a mask on. So, I could still be the mysterious Monarch Dragon, leader of The Rose Dragon.

        Staring at this woman in a gray straight skirt and white blouse. "Hi, Elma, I am Ms. Beavers from social services. Your previous guardians Debra and Dale were arrested." Ms. Beavers said in a soft tone "When social services ran your DNA your family came up." Ms. Beavers said in a stronger tone while looking in my eyes joyfully. I prefer a guardian who just leaves me alone! 

        Looking at my blood dad, just staring in his eyes trying to find emotion and I did out of my surprise. What The Don of the Italian Mafia showing feelings! "I am your father Lorenzo Bianchi, Principessa. (Princess.)" My blood father said to me with full emotion. You better not get in my way Lorenzo.

        "Principessa, (Princess,) I am your eldest brother Damien and this is your youngest brother Luca." My eldest blood brother said with a smile and emotion. What am I gonna do? What am I gonna say to them? Hi, family. I have another family that takes care of me and I call him Papa. I guess I can tell them when I am ready. Ug I am so flustered right now!

        "Nice to meet you, Sorella. (sister.)" Said Luca with tears.

        Now changing my emotion to stern but light to show my dominance. "Hi, I am Elma Rose. Nice to meet you!" I said with a grin. Oops it isn't supposed to be Walker crap I messed up. Um, I need to try to change the subject so they don't ask. Crap their faces are confused. They can't find out I am Madam Rose!

        Great, I am playing with my fingers and I just spit out quickly. "So, D-Dad can I leave now?" I said as I held my hands in a pouting puppy form with my pouting face. Please work!

        "Of course, Cucciola! (Female Puppy!)" Dad replied to me. There was a moment, I decided to keep looking at the wooden door frame.

        "Can I call you Dad?" I asked in a considered voice, as I looked at Dad who was filling out the final forms. Damien and Luca went blank on their faces when I said that.

        "Yes, Elma of course you can call me that!" Dad said with an amazing smile as he just finished signing the release papers. 

         Why does my arm feel weird? Crap the warp was removed. Man, I was so glad I put makeup on morning. "Where is my arm wrap?" I freak out but also try to stay calm.

         "It's right here, but why do you wear it? There is no wound on your arm?" Damien wanted to confirm. He hands it to me and and I grab it with mad intentions. Wrapping the arm back up right under my shoulder. I have The Rose Dragon Mafia tattoo right where the wrap is.

         "It's sentimental and I am not ready to tell you the rest." I confessed the half truth to them.

         "It's Ok Sorella! (Sister!)" Damien acknowledged my unwillingness.

        Finally I am walking out of those rolling glass double doors of the hospital. Stepping out I see three black SUVs approach us with tinted windows and men in black suits come out. What catches my eye about them is that their faces are stone cold and they have guns, something I can't miss because of my instincts as an assassin. "It's fine, Principessa, (Princess,) Those are our guards." Damien said with a soft voice to me as he put his hand on my shoulder. Which makes me jump because I forgot he was behind me. Papa, Damien and Luca see this and they nod at each other. 

      Now I need to be more careful when I am around them. They are gonna be looking at my background. Luca enters in the middle SUV first and sits in the back back seat then Damien jesters me to go in next. After he reseated the seat. I am right now sitting in silence on the left of Damien.

        "U-m D-amein, My cell phone?" I asked him to break the silence in the SUV. Damien turns to Dad and asks.

       "Father, do you have Elma's Phone?" Dad looked up from his G-Phone T9. Most mafia's prefer to use BlackGuard Technologies because of the contract we make with them. O, my G-Phone T10 is the new version that's just about to be released. To make sure they don't raise any red flags about the phone, my personal smartphone is a T7. Technology seven is what it stands for.

       "Yes, It's right here." He shuffled through his coat and handed it to me after he finished looking through his coat. 

       Scrolling through my phone looking at my notifications and seeing thirty voice mails from Brooklyn. "Hey Dad? Did you silence my phone?" I said in a grumpy tone while looking up at Dad in the front passenger seat.

       "Yes, I did, Cucciola. (Female Puppy.) Is there a problem?" Dad said as he turned his head to me saying it in a soft voice.

       "For the future I need to take my calls immediately or if I am unavailable I need to take them as soon as possible." I said looking around the car seeing my brothers and Dad's stunted faces at me. The reason for my harshness is that if something big happens I need to deal with it as the leader.

       "Ok, but we need to know why?" Damien replied curious to my statement quickly before Dad.

       "That is something I am not ready to say." I said looking into Damien's eyes sternly. He looked away stating that he lost the battle.

       "We will talk about this more later, Elma." Dad responded to my harsh response.

       "Dobbiamo scoprire cosa ha reso quello sguardo mortale. (We need to find out what made that deadly stare and what she is hiding.)" Damien said in Italian as I acted like I was clueless. How many languages do I speak again? Why do I always forget how many? It's four: Italian, English, Japanese and German. 

      Sometimes when I am flustered I speak in Italian and not English which confuses me when I was about eleven. Because Clara, my fake mother, told me that those 'English words will never be spoken.' The only reason I knew that it was Italian in the first place is because Papa gave lessons in Italian after my first outburst with him. Note to self Papa is Roger my adopted father and Dad is Lorenzo my biological father. Man this is gonna get complicated very quickly.

       "I need to stop at school for my stuff Dad." said breaking the silence in the SUV.

       "Ok, Elma." Dad stated. "Nathan." Papa said Nathan is driving the middle SUV.

       "Yes Boss." Nathan replied with no hesitation back to Dad and pressed his com to relay the new destination.

       "Do you need to stop at the house too?" Luca asked after we turned around. I replied by shaking my head with a very hard cold no. I AM NOT GOING BACK TO THE HELLISH PLACE!

       "Hey Elma, I forgot to tell you that you have four more brothers plus Damien and Luca. So, six brothers." Papa said, not surprising me but I still had my stunned face on.

       "So-o Dad, what are their names?" I ask in my angled voice while tilling my head to the right.

        Luca reacted quickly as he stood up in his seat. "There is Damien, Ricco, Dante, Mateo, Romeo and me. Sorella (Sister)" My youngest brother voiced to me. What were the profiles my mafia made again of my brothers? Damien is a dominant man and the successor to the Italian mafia. Ricco the doctor in the family. Dante the assassin is known as The Cannon. The middle one Mateo is a hacker and studying law. Romeo is the Gunsmith in the family and another street fighter known as The Cannon. Luca the youngest son, he species in racing and his street name is The Serpent.

       "Where here Principessa! (Princess!)" Damien said in a soft voice. I respond snapping out of my trance. I grabbed my hospital issued since my previous ones broke. Damien next time you break my thing there will be a consequence. 

        "First, I want to make something clear before we step out of the car. You stay with one of us the whole time, Elma." Dad stared at me. "Crystal!" Dad said with his stern but also gentle voice to me as we locked eyes.

        "Yes, Dad." I told him with a confident voice. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my Chapter Five, Needles About 2,036 words in Chapter Five.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 37 28
"Oh please darling, you couldnt kill me even if your life depended on it." His raspy voice making the space between my legs wet. if i wasnt standing...
294K 6.3K 60
"e-emma" my mother breathed out "yea mum?.." I called back to my mother on the floor "in the closet, there is a loose floor board...open it" she wh...
546K 20.3K 22
**Cover by @AndiApplexoxo** His hands are stained in blood. Her hands are white as snow. Living in their world, it's rare for someone to remain so...
1.2M 22.5K 74
[COMPLETED] Book 1 in the Del Rosso series ____________________________________________ "I have three words for you Ace Del Rosso. I hate you." __...