Won't Hold Back (COMPLETED)

By xoloviexo

A description wouldn't do this story justice. It's about love, life, and family. This is a no judgment zone... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9: Part 1
Chapter 9: Part 2
Chapter 9: Part 3
Chapter 9: Part 4
Chapter 10

Chapter 5

1.4K 41 44
By xoloviexo

Kierra's POV

It's two weeks after everything went down at Erica's house and I can honestly say that our families will never be the same.

I'm currently at my office with my best friend & business partner, Shamika, as we discuss business and catch up on life. She's been on vacation and I've been so caught up with Moe & work that I haven't had a chance to catch her up to speed.

"Sham, what's this email about an audition about? It doesn't have any details in the email?" I asked. We were currently working on our computers in our lounge area where there are tons of pillows and a comfy couch.

"Oh yeah, Holly forwarded this to us late last night. She couldn't provide the details through email but told me it's a Lifetime movie they're working on for The Clark Sisters." Shamika said. My eyes popped out.

"What?!? A movie on my Mommy & aunts? That's so cool." I said. "Wait, why they didn't tell me about it?"

"Well they were probably under contract until the deal went through. But anyways, get ready within the next week or so to fly out to LA for your audition. You'll be going for the role of your Mom." She said.

"My mom?" I scrunched up my face.

"Yeah that's the role they want you to audition for."

"I don't get a choice in who I can play? I have the personality most like my Aunt Niecey." We busted out laughing at the accuracy.

"Now you know you look and sound just like your Mama and that would be too messy for production to cast you as your Aunt." She said.

"True but I can't just assume I'll get the part because I'm her daughter. I have to work for it and prove myself." I told her.

"Yeah but I have a good feeling you'll do great. Your fans will have a riot if you don't get casted as her." She laughed. I shook my head and looked at the rest of the emails I needed to run through with her.

"OH Sara, before I forget, we gotta talk about what happened when you told your parents about you and Erica." She said excitedly. Sara is a nickname Shamika gave to me that she randomly started saying and now's it's stuck.

I rolled my eyes and got up off the couch to sit back at my desk.

"Oh Lord, was it that bad?" She asked.

"Do people in hell want ice water?"

"Shut up fool. Now tell me what went down." She happily rolled a chair next to my desk, looking like she was about to hear the juiciest tea ever.

"So I hosted dinner at my house & it was Mommy, Daddy, J.Drew, Auntie Dorinda, Nikki, & Auntie Jacky who all came over. Food was great & conversation was cool until it was time to move everyone to the living room and break the news. Basically, everything I told you about how Erica's mom reacted was how Auntie Jacky and Daddy reacted times 10. Fortunately, it wasn't hard getting them to sign those NDAs beforehand. Once I broke the news, Daddy was pissed and if you think he went overboard on J. Drew on our reality show, that was mild compared to this night. The way he talked to me was as if I was some random nigga off the street and he left the room just like Tina did. The look he gave me broke me down so bad. Mama didn't talk at all but still stayed in the room as I basically cried while J.Drew, Nikki, and Auntie DoeDoe consoled me. Aunt Jacky eventually calmed down, stood me up and gave me a hug. That hug made me cry even more." I said.

"Now I know J. Drew had to say something dumb when he found out." She said. I started laughing at the memory and shook my head yes.

"Girl why this fool legit didn't believe me when I said it to them. He was being in denial but I kept asking him why would I just randomly break this type of news to them knowing how they all are and feel about gay people. Then he started asking me for proof just like Krista did so I showed him a few pictures and videos and he started cackling. Like literally hollering with that obnoxious laugh and you already know the sisters are nosy so they wanted to see what I showed him. That's when it really clicked to them." I said.

"Okay so what happened after Auntie Jacky hugged you?" She asked.

"I cried some more and when I calmed down that's when they decided it was time to leave. Mama didn't even speak to me once she grabbed her jacket and purse. Daddy had already started up the car when I first started crying and refused to step back in the house." I said.

"Wait so have you spoken to Mama Karen & Bishop since then?" She asked.

"Girl no and I missed church last Sunday too. I haven't spoken to Daddy since that night and Mama would rather text me simple things than call me back or accept my FaceTime. She keeps saying that she needs time to pray about this and that she didn't raise me to like women and blah blah blah." I said.

"Wow sis, you and Erica are basically in the same boat." She said after awhile.

"Honestly, I knew exactly how my family would react and I'm just glad I can now worry about one less thing. I have too many things going on in my life that matter more than their opinions or what the church would think." I said.

"True but on another note, do you see this relationship going the distance?"

I blushed super hard at the question.

"Oooh Sara BLUSHING!" Shamika yelled out loud.

"Girl if you don't shut up!" I laughed.

"Imma stop playing but seriously if y'all didn't feel like things were heading towards a forever situation, y'all would've never told your folks." She pointed out.

"No you're right. Things are serious for us and we have had talks about marriage and all of that."

"Really?!?! Aww I love it! Would you propose to her?"

"Umm I don't know yet. I haven't gone ring shopping or anything of that nature and honestly I feel like Erica would propose before I ever got the chance to do it."

"When that happens, would you move to Los Angeles or have her move the kids to Detroit?" She asked. I scrunched up my face.

"I would never ask her to move her and the kids to Detroit. The only thing that's kept me here was family but that's over so now I'm focused on building a union with her in L.A." I said.

"Now don't say that your family is over. It's going to take time for them to adjust but also make sure you surround yourself with positive people who add to your joy and not drain it."

"That's true. It's just been an amazing journey with E so far and I haven't felt so secure in any relationship than the one I have with her."

"You think it has something to do with the age difference?"

"Heck yeah. I've only dealt with people who were either a few years older than me or the same age. With her, she's secure within herself, experienced life in ways I haven't yet, and just knows who she is without being apologetic about it." I said.

"How do you think she's benefitted from  having you in her life?"

"She talks all the time about how I get her out of her shell a lot. She's more reserved and in her head a lot, more than I am if you can believe it, and I encourage her to go for whatever she wants to do. I think she had to second guess a lot of decisions in her marriage, but I don't tolerate that. If she wants to go bungee jumping, I'm booking us the experience the next day. If she's telling me about something she's never done before or would like to do, I'm making that a reality. She's helping me become a well rounded & confident woman & I'm breaking down a lot of the walls she built up." I said.

"Would you say yes if Erica proposed to you tomorrow?" Shamika asked.

"Oh 100% for sure, that's my baby." I said without missing a beat.

"Look at you! You have never said an immediate yes to any of your exes and one of them you were already playing house with." She said.

"Oop don't do me now! I've grown and learned since then. Lord knows I was headed down a path of destruction dealing with that nigga." Just the mere thought of my past makes me cringe.

"Yeah, you have truly evolved over the years. Who would've thought...Lil KiKi who used to try to run niggas over with her Tahoe is finally done with her hoeing days." I punched her in the arm and tried to bite her as she pushed her chair away from me and started running.

"Ahhhhh! Stop playing Kierra before I slap you!" I started chasing her around the office as she laughed and said more ridiculous things about my exes.

~~~~~~
Los Angeles, CA

A few days later

I landed bright and early to L.A. to audition for the untitled Lifetime movie about my family, and only had an hour and half to get dressed. I quickly showered, did my hair & makeup, and dressed in a cute outfit before leaving my hotel room and heading out in my rental car. I used the car's gps to take me to the location and met up with my manager, Holly, who lives in L.A. She gave me the rundown of the executives who would be in the room for my audition so I wouldn't feel too nervous.

The scene I'm preparing for is a church scene where my grandmother, Dr. Mattie Moss Clark, is going over a rehearsal with the sisters.

Holly and I entered the building and I greeted the actresses that were also in the  scene with me and there were two I immediately recognized. One was Angela Birchett and the other Christina Bell.

Angela is a Detroit native and Christina is from the group Z'iel. After about 40 minutes, the audition was over and I felt really good about it.

The producers were cool and the actresses were super nice.

Holly remained in the waiting area when I met back up with her and told her how it went. We parted ways and I drove off to E's house. Today we decided to go to Disneyland with the kids since the next coming months would be super busy for us.

I pulled up to the house and parked my car in the driveway. I rang the doorbell and Krista opened the door.

"KI!" Krista shouted. I smiled as she opened the door wider.

"Hey KrisKris." I gave her a big hug and locked the front door.

"Everybody dressed?" I asked.

"Nope, Mommy is about to do ZayZay's hair & gotta get finished dressing herself." She said.

"Alright well I'll go help her out. You already ate breakfast?" I asked.

"Yep, had some cereal."

"Ok, I'll be back down." I walked upstairs to greet Wozy before heading to E's room.

I knocked on Wozy's door before hearing him give me the okay to come in.

"Heyy Wozy! You ready for Disneyland?" I asked excitedly.

He ran towards me and gave me a big hug.

"Yes! I'm riding all the rides!" He said.

"Me too! Are you gonna get a Star Wars lightsaber?" I asked. He shook his head yes.

"Alright lil man. Go finish getting ready and go downstairs with Krista, okay?"

"Okay!"

I closed his door and walked down the hall to E's. I could hear her talking to Zaya.

I quietly walked closer to the bathroom and popped my head inside the door.

"BOO!" I yelled.

"Ahhh!!!" Both of them jumped & screamed as I busted out laughing.

"Jesus Kierra! You almost gave me a heart attack." E said.

"Yeah yeah, hey mamas! Aren't you happy to see me?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes and focused back on Zaya's hair and tried to get her to stop squirming in her lap.

"Not with you scaring me half to death. Zaya stop moving so I can finish." She tapped Zaya on the leg.

I got a better look at E and saw that she was only wearing a bra and jeans. Her hair was covered in a bonnet.

"Mamas let me finish Zaya's hair so you can get dressed. I wanna beat morning traffic." I said.

"Ok thanks baby." She passed me the brush and was about to walk out but I pulled her back.

"What?" She asked me.

"You forgetting something." I puckered out my lips for a kiss. She laughed and gave me the quickest one ever.

"Not with babygirl around. Hurry up and you'll get a better one." She tapped my butt and left the room. I shook my head and turned back to Zaya who had gotten her hands into some Shea Moisture product.

"Zaya! You know you can't put your hands in that." I told her. I quickly rinsed & dried her hands and got her to sit down in my lap.

"Now how do you want your hair cause I don't know what your Mama was doing." She started cracking up as if I said the funniest thing ever and showed me how she wanted her hair done.

I parted her hair and asked her about all the rides she wanted to get on today as I did her hair.

"Okay babygirl, all finished. You like it?" I asked her. We both looked in the mirror as she smiled brightly.

"Yes! It's so pretty. Thank you KiKi!" She turned around in my lap and hugged my neck. I tickled her a bit before letting her go downstairs with her siblings.

I closed jars of the edge control and moisturizers and placed it in the hair bin that was labeled Zaya and walked back into the bedroom.

"Mamas where you at?" I called out.

"In the closet!"

I followed her sound and saw that E was finally dressed and bent down tying up her last shoe.

"Zaya's hair is done." She stood up straight and walked my way.

"Thank you baby. Did I tell you good morning earlier?" I shook my head no.

"I'm sorry." She wrapped her arms around my neck and leaned into a kiss. I pulled her waist into mine and deepened the kiss.

We both moaned against our lips and pulled apart.

"Damn babe. Now that was a kiss! You missed me that much?!?!" I smirked.

She playfully rolled her eyes and went around me to grab her Gucci backpack.

"I'm not about to boost your lil ego. It's already big as it is." She replied. "Oh how was the audition?"

"It was great and rather quick. I think I did really well." I said.

"That's good honey." She said as she fixed her shirt in the floor length mirror.

"Did you eat breakfast?" I asked her. She has a tendency to skip meals a lot so I make it a habit to remind her to eat.

"No but before you get on me I'm not really hungry." She said.

"Please eat something for me. We'll be walking all around that park and I don't want you getting lightheaded." I said.

"But I'm really not hungry baby." She whined.

"Monique just eat a slice of toast and a banana for me okay? That's it. And bring some water with you." I said. She was about to complain before I kissed her again.

"Fine. But you can't get any lemonades or sodas today at the park."

"Okay, that's fine with me. As long as my baby eats that's all that matters." I said. She turned off her closet light and went towards the bathroom.

"Baby can you fix that toast for me? I just need to put my wig on and do my makeup." She asked.

"Yeah but you don't need any makeup on. You're gorgeous without it. Just add some gloss Mamas." I said.

"Ehh, thank you but I need to add least do my eyebrows though."

"Alright well imma fix your breakfast. Please hurry up."

Heading to the kitchen, I saw the kids laying on the couch watching TV.

"Does anyone want toast?" I asked. I knew from past experiences to ask before I make something because they'd want some too if they see it.

Fortunately they all said no and continued watching TV.

I added three slices of bread in the toaster and got a paper plate from the pantry.

I sliced a small banana up and grabbed butter from the fridge. The bread was finished in the toaster so I added the butter & placed it onto the plate. I unplugged the toaster & put everything away. I gave E two pieces of toast, the sliced banana & added some cantaloupe & watermelon to the plate.

I took the third slice and ate it & grabbed a few pieces of fruit off her plate.

I was washing my hands in the sink when E appeared.

"Thank you Ki." She took her plate and sat on the barstool to eat.

I watched as she basically inhaled her food which let me know she needs to listen to her body more and eat.

"Alright kiddos! Before we leave, we need to set some rules." Erica began to speak.

"We are all staying together and not running off to get to the next ride." She specifically looked at Wozy when she said that.

"And we're also not going to be on our phones as we walk because we need to look as we're walking and not bump into people." She looked at Krista for that rule.

I laughed in my head.

"And lastly, if we say you need to use the bathroom, go ahead and try. I don't need no back talk." Erica looked at Zaya for the last rule.

"Also for little Miss Zaya, you hold me or KiKi's hand at all times at Disneyland okay? I don't need you getting lost." She added.

"Okay Mommy, can we go now?!" Zaya said, bouncing from one foot to the other.

"Yeah, go ahead to the car." Erica turned to me as the kids opened the front door.

We followed behind them as I unlocked the door and waited for E to set the alarm & lock the door. We walked side by side down the steps and I opened the passenger door for her.

"Such a lady." She joked. I laughed and closed her door before getting in my seat and pulling off.

*3 hours later*

"Kiki I'm hungry." Zaya said as I held her hand as we walked. Erica & Krista were ahead of us and Wozy was right beside me with his lightsaber in hand.

"Wozy are you hungry too?" I asked. He shook his head yes.

"MOE" I slightly yelled to get her attention. She turned around and they stopped walking so we can catch up to them.

"Babygirl & lil man are hungry. Do you and Krista wanna ride more rides while I get them something?" I asked.

"Yeah that'll work. I'll call you when we're done. We going on the ride up the hill." She said.

"Alright." We parted ways and I walked with the littles to the nearest restaurant.

"Y'all want chicken tenders or hamburgers? I asked.

"Chicken tenders." Zaya said.

"Cheeseburger." Wozy said.

The line wasn't long and we were quickly in front of the counter. I ordered two chicken finger baskets and one cheeseburger and got the kids lemonades and myself a bottled water to drink.

Wozy held his own tray as I carried mine & Zaya's. We chose a booth to sit at and Zaya got right up under me as Wozy sat across the table from us.

"Okay who's saying grace?" I asked.

Zaya raised her hand so we bowed our heads as she prayed.

"Aww that's so cute. Your kids are so precious." I looked up to see an older Black couple looking at me. I smiled and said thank you.

No need to tell them the truth.

"Zaya please don't get ketchup on your shirt." I warned her as we ate.

"I won't." She said, as she carelessly dipped her fries in the ketchup. I shook my head.

I went ahead and tucked a few napkins underneath her chin to avoid any accidents.

We ate quietly and talked about our favorite rides we rode so far when Erica called. They were walking back from the ride and I told them which restaurant we were at.

Me & Wozy were already finished with our meals while we waited for Zaya to finish her last chicken finger.

"You finished lil mama?" She nodded her head yes as she sipped her drink.

She played around with her fries but ate all of her chicken.

"Alright let's throw away our food and use the bathrooms again." I said.

"I don't have to use it." Zaya said.

"Girl what did your Mama tell you at home? Let's just try okay?" I said.

I took them both to the ladies restroom because Wozy is too young to go to the men's by himself and I didn't have Erica to wait right outside the door for him.

He went to a stall alone while I lined up some tissues for Zaya to use the toilet. Of course, she had to use the restroom and I'm glad I made her.

We all washed our hands and saw Erica & Krista waiting for us.

"You wanna do another hour or so Ki?" Erica asked.

"Yeah let's do Fantasyland and I want my Mickey ears before we leave." I said.

Everyone laughed because they knew how much I love Mickey Mouse.

~~~~~
Krista's POV

One month later, November

It's a week and a half before my Thanksgiving break and I begged my Mom to let me fly with her to Dallas for her morning radio show while my siblings stayed with Dad in L.A. I knew she'd say yes since I'll only be missing a Friday at school.

The show has been going on for three hours and we have one more hour to go. I'm listening to the music and conversation but I'm mainly on my phone watching Netflix.

"Krista, can you go refill my water bottle please?" My mom asked me. I grabbed the bottle and walked down the hallway to the break room. I greeted those who were making their coffees and refilled her bottle.

I really didn't want to be here so early at my mom's job but I definitely didn't want to hang out with my Dad either. Things are pretty awkward at his place ever since my Mom broke the news to him that she's with Ki.

I figured he wouldn't take it well but not to this extreme. They only communicate through me now, and he's always making slick comments about her and Ki when I'm around and I don't like that.

I honestly think he wouldn't have reacted this way if she got with a man. I truly think the fact that she's with a woman now is what's messing with his head. It's almost as if his ego is crushed or something but that's none of my business.

And don't get me started on my grandma Honey and some of my Aunties who I haven't seen since they were all at the house. I didn't hear any shouting coming from them that day so I assumed things were going well.

Of course, my family wants to still see me, Zaya, and Wozy but if they don't want my Mom to show up, they shouldn't expect us to come without her.

I headed back to the room and passed my Mom the bottle.

"You decided what we should do today after this is over?" She asked me as she sipped some water.

"No but I'll think of something in the car." I said. Yesterday, Momma said we could do anything I wanted to do and I'm narrowing my choices to either go to the movies, bowling, or roller skating.

The commercial break was over and it was back to the radio show.

I continued watching my Netflix show when I got a text from Ki.

KiSheard✨💚: Morning Kris! Did you figure out what song you singing for your talent show?

KrissyPooh💞💜: good morning & yes i didddd

KiSheard✨💚: Ooh what song is it?

KrissyPooh💞💜: it's a surprise, not telling you☺️

KiSheard✨💚: 😡😡😡

KrissyPooh💞💜: lol sorry 🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️

KiSheard✨💚: Anyways, you're with your Mama?

KrissyPooh💞💜: yes, we almost done with the show.

KiSheard✨💚: ok, I'll check in with you later, I didn't want anything

I sent her last message a thumbs up and exited out of my texts.

I love the random texts Ki sends me just to see how I'm doing. Or how she sends me old school music to listen to. She's always done things like this with me which makes me feel extra special since I know she's not doing it because she's with Mommy now.

At first, after hearing about my Mom and Ki being together and then seeing them interact now that they broke the news, I thought it'd take me a long time to get used to it but surprisingly everything feels normal. Ki was always around us often so it wasn't like she was a complete stranger to us. I know we're Christians and being gay is looked down upon but I'm from L.A. so I'm used to seeing all kinds of people so it never bothered me.

"Kris, Kris." I slightly jumped when I realized my Mom was snapping her fingers in my face.

"Huh?" I said.

"Where you been? You were in a daze."

"Oh I guess I just spaced out."

"Alright well get your stuff together I'm done."

I was so lost in my thoughts that time went by and everyone was packing up their things and shutting down their computers. We left the building and got in the rental car.

"Can we go bowling today?" I asked my mom.

"Okay, we can do that. First I need a mini nap and then we can go bowling and to the mall. Sounds good?" She asked.

"Yeah and can we get Buffalo Wild Wings too?" I asked.

"Sure. You got it."

***Buffalo Wild Wings***

I had so much fun with Mom and it felt great to have all her attention today. She beat me in our first game of bowling but after the third round I finally won. A few people recognized her in the mall but it didn't bother me that she had to take pictures and talk to her fans.

She rarely gets spotted a lot in L.A. and I've learned that when she's in the South everybody recognizes her.

We were currently at BWW eating our wings, and we chose to eat away from the regular crowded area.

"So Kris, how's your song coming along for the talent show?" Mama asked.

"It's going good. Just like I told KiKi, I'm not telling y'all which song I'm singing." I said laughing.

"Ah man. After the day we had you can't tell your Mama? I promise I won't tell anyone." She bargained.

"Nope it's a surprise." I said.

"Fine. But how's school going? You have a boyfriend yet?" She asked. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Eww the boys at my school are gross and not cute." I said.

"So you've been checking them out?" She asked.

"Well yeah but it's not like they like me anyways." I bit into a wing and wiped the sauce from my mouth.

"What do you mean they don't like you? Is there an issue?" She asked.

"No it's not an issue. It's more like something that I kinda noticed. If you look at all my friends, from church and school, I'm the chubby friend. And it's not like I feel sorry for myself but I just accepted it." I said.

"You're not the fat friend, Kris." She said.

"I've noticed that I'm left out when guys try to talk to my friends. I'm left to the side and I think that's why." I replied.

"Guys talk to you." She said.

"It's a different type of talk when they talk to me." I said.

"And you think it has something to do with your size?" She asked.

"Absolutely, I know it is. I'm not saying that no guys want chubby girls, I'm just saying that that's personally my experience." I told her.

"But I don't think that's the case. I think that's the way you're seeing it...."

"Because it's not that I'm ugly. I mean, am I ugly?" I asked.

"Nooo! No baby, you're gorgeous." She grabbed my hand from across the table.

"When I look at you, I see myself. You're my cocoa brown baby." She added.

"And that's another thing. A lot of the guys like light skinned girls." I said.

"Like what?" Momma looked so confused.

"A lot of the guys like light skinned girls. Look at our family. You and Daddy, light skin/dark skin. Auntie Lana and Uncle Dez, light skin/dark skin. Auntie Tina & Uncle Teddy, light skin/dark skin. The only two dark skinned married couples are Auntie Lisa & Uncle Harold and Nana & Grandpa." I said.

"That's still two. I mean, look at all these beautiful brown people in the world. You got Gabrielle Union, she's brown and gorgeous and you got Kelly Rowland." She said. I nodded my head.

"Momma you're missing the entire point. You're light skin so you really don't know how it exactly feels like." I said. It was like she was listening but not really getting it.

"But you're so pretty Kris. You do know that you're gorgeous right?" She asked me.

"You're just saying that because you're my Mom." I said. She scrunched up her face.

"Never that honey. You are a gorgeous, smart, and juicy young lady. When you were in my belly I prayed to God for a daughter who has chocolate brown skin, a round face like me, and was full of personality. You are all of that and much more." She said.

"Thank you Mommy." I said.

"I want you to know it for yourself though." She said.

"Yeah I do. I promise I do." I said.

Erica's POV

Me and Krista were chilling in our hotel room when it was time to start getting ready for the night.

Ever since we got back from Buffalo Wild Wings, our conversation was weighing heavy on my mind. I totally felt blindsided during our talk and couldn't find the right words to comfort my baby. I felt totally inadequate trying to hear her out and I feel like she kinda shut down on me once we left the restaurant.

"Kris go ahead and take your shower. We can watch a movie when you're finished.

"Okay." She got up to start the shower and closed the bathroom.

I plugged my headphones into my phone and FaceTimed Ki so she could give me some advice.

"Hey Mamas." She answered after the second ring. It looked like she was in her bathroom wiping off her makeup.

"Hey baby." I said a little less happy. Ki popped her head into the camera.

"What's wrong Mamas? Why you sound so sad?" She asked.

"Well I don't know how to handle a conversation I had with Kris at dinner."

"Okay tell me what happened?"

"I asked her about school and then boys and she basically said guys don't talk to her because she's the chubby girl and they also are more interested in light skinned girls than darker skinned ones. I told her that she wasn't fat and she then went on to list how all my sisters have a dark skin partner except for Warryn's parents & my sister LeeLee to prove her point."

"Wow, that's a lot right there. Well what did you say as she was telling you these things?"

"I told her that she's beautiful and how there's so many brown girls out there like Gabrielle Union and Kelly Rowland."

Kierra gave me a look that she didn't think I caught.

"What does that face mean Ki?"

"Huh?"

"Girl if you can huh then you can hear." She sighed into the phone.

"Listen babe, I know you like to find the solution to everything and take the attention away from things that are negative in that moment, but Krista needed you to listen. She probably didn't want to hear the other brown girls that are pretty, she just wanted to express what's going on in her world. And then when she referred to herself as chubby, you came back and said she wasn't fat. The type of word you use when you're talking about weight matters babe." Kierra said.

"I totally didn't mean anything about the weight part but it's my job to protect her, lift her up, and nurture her. How am I supposed to do that if I don't try to find solutions to help her?"

"Listening and being there for her doesn't negate you protecting or nurturing her. She just wanted you to fully take in what she was saying. She's already aware that colorism is real and you kinda invalidated her feelings." She said.

My eyes started to tear up as I looked up to keep the tears from falling.

"Aww I didn't mean to make you cry babe. It's a touchy subject that we both can't relate to. Well I can be there for her on the weight issue but as for her complexion, she's going to need outside reinforcement from people that look like her." She said.

"Who do you think I should get in touch with to speak to her about this?" I asked.

"I'll get in touch with Kelly for you babe. You know she's the Aunt to Auntie Jacky's grandkids." She told me.

"Kelly as in Kelly Rowland?" I asked to double check.

"Of course that one." She laughed.

"I had no idea she's family to you."

"Yeah, Kelly's husband is the brother to my cousin Aaron's wife." She said.

"Okay, what a small world." I said.

"Oh baby, I know you're coming for Krista's talent show but are you sure you're staying for Thanksgiving as well? I totally understand if you want to spend the holidays with your family." I added.

"I told you you're my family Moe and I wouldn't feel welcomed anyways. It can just be us and the kids for Thanksgiving." Kierra said.

My heart melted when she said that. The kids are loving us as a couple and I couldn't be happier that they love Kierra. I just wished my family and Warryn could all get it together. He wants them over his parents house for Thanksgiving but Krista doesn't feel comfortable and her little siblings follow her every move so they don't want to go without her. I'm not forcing them to go either.

We talked some more until I heard Krista's shower turn off so I got off the phone.

Krista came out of the bathroom in her pajamas and jumped on the next bed. I kinda pouted that she didn't want to sleep next to me but I understood that she's a teenager and doesn't want to be all up under me.

"Your shower was good?" I asked.

"Yep, kinda ready to go back home now." She said.

"Me too, Kris, me too."

***Early Next Week***

Talent Show

It's the night of Krista's school talent show and me & Kierra have a few surprises up our sleeve for her.

After doing some more talking with Kierra once I landed back in LA, she was actually able to not only invite Kelly to Krista's talent show but Michelle and Beyoncé as well.

It's been ages since I've seen them all together so I'm super excited to catch up with them. Ki invited them back to my house for dinner to avoid any paparazzi that's bound to appear when those megastars are out in public.

I didn't feel the need to order catering or anything fancy because one, it's a school night and two, Thanksgiving is a few days away. I treat Michelle, Beyoncé & Kelly as regular homegirls so they're going to enjoy this self-serving taco night.

I already prepped the toppings & food before I got dressed so all I had to do was place everything in the warmers once we made it back home from the school.

Krista decided to stay after school to hang out with all of her friends who are performing so I haven't seen her since I dropped her off this morning.

Ki came down the stairs looking beautiful as ever in ripped denim blue jeans, a long reddish brown kimono, and heels. She had faux locs in her hair while I curled my wig in loose curls.

"You look beautiful baby." I told her. She pecked my lips and wiped the corner of my mouth to not smudge my lipstick.

"You do as well Moe. Lemme take yo picture." She said. I gave her my phone as I posed for her & she snapped the pic.

"Wow, you look so gorgeous babe. Post this on Instagram." She said.

"Alright. I will later." I took my phone back and put my heels on. I grabbed my keys and purse.

"Zaya & Wozy, come on now! We're leaving." I yelled up the stairs.

"The girls have the address to the school & house right?" I asked Ki.

"Yes, gave it to Michelle. She's the one picking everybody up." She said.

"Is it weird I'm a little nervous to see them? Obviously we've met them and shoot I got a song with them from back in the day, but still...It's Destiny's Child babe." I exclaimed.

"That's exactly how I feel too. You already know me & J. Drew were going crazy when Beyoncé & Jay sampled Hiya on Family Feud." Kierra said. We both laughed.

"Glad I'm not the only one. But most of all I'm glad that Kelly & the girls will be pouring some love into Krista. She's going to go absolutely insane." I said excitedly. I love putting smiles on my kids faces which is why I'm so giddy right now.

The littles rushed down the stairs and I was so glad Ki did Zaya's hair because it always comes out cute.

"Alright y'all, let's not be late for Kris." I said.

I'll be driving but Ki never fails to always wait to open my door for me.

After she closed her passenger door and we checked to make sure the kids were buckled in, I pulled off to head to Krista's school.

We barely made it on time due to rush hour traffic but I found a spot and parked the car.

"Michelle just texted that they're sitting in the middle section in the back row." Ki said.

"Alright but when my baby sings I'm making my way up to the front."

"Oh lord Krista is going to be soooo excited to see you." She said sarcastically.

"Shut up. That's my baby and I can be up front cheering her on if I want to." I laughed.

I grabbed Zaya's hand and walked next to Ki as Wozy walked in front of us all.

"Do y'all need to use the bathroom before the show starts?" I asked the kids. They shook their heads no so we headed towards the auditorium. It was a little dim but not dark enough where we couldn't find our seats.

We immediately spotted the girls and I smiled at them and gave them waves as we made it to their row.

From left to right it was: Kelly, Michelle, Beyoncé, me, Kierra, Zaya and then Wozy.

"Hey girls! It's been so long since I saw y'all!" I gave Bey a side hug as I touched Michelle & Kelly's hands. Kierra stretched from behind me to touch their hands as well.

"I know right but I'm so glad you extended the invite to us. I haven't seen Krista since she was little." Beyoncé said.

"Of course, I'm so happy you all could make it since it's Thanksgiving week. Krista's really gonna lose it when she sees y'all at the house." I told them.

"When KiKi told us how she's been feeling, we wanted to come and show her some love." Kelly said.

I smiled as we talked a little bit more and sat back in our seats once the lights came down.

The principal greeted himself and got the program started with a few school announcements before it was time for the show.

The first act was a kid who played the piano followed by a dance group who performed a Beyoncé number. We all looked at Beyoncé as she laughed a bit and looked embarrassed.

I was watching the kids perform when Zaya climbed herself into my lap from Kierra's.

"Zaya what do you want little girl?" I asked her.

She stared at Beyoncé for a minute before looking at me.

"I gotta go to the bathroom." She said.

I smacked my teeth.

"Babygirl I asked you before we sat down." I said.

"Sorry Mommy." Zaya said so sweet and cute. I couldn't be mad for too long looking at that face of hers.

"E I'll take her." Kierra offered.

"Oh you will? Thank you Ki." I said to her.

"No problem." She stood up and Zaya reached for Ki to pick her up and she did.

"She's so cute." Beyoncé said as I watched them leave.

"Thank you. She's cute but spoiled." I said.

"I feel the same about Blue." She said. We shared a quiet laugh.

"Zaya is actually like 2 weeks older than Blue." I said.

"Really? They should have play dates then. She needs more friends that look like her."

"I know that's right." We both laughed quietly as we watched 2 more kids perform. Kierra came back with Zaya and she stayed in her seat this time next to Wozy.

"And now performing a solo is Krista Campbell." We all cheered as I quickly made my way down the aisle with my phone ready to record.

Krista walked out and her eyes immediately laid on mine as she laughed.

The instrumental started to play and my eyes popped out. She decided to sing "Flaws" by Kierra. I turned around with a shock look on my face to see Kierra with the same expression.

🎶Sometimes, I talk a little too much
Don't listen enough
Sometimes, it's way too easy for me to be myself
But sometimes, I hate the way I look when I look in the mirror
One look from you I know
My flaws
You love, you love my flaws
Think they make me beautiful
You don't see them as flaws at all
That's why
That's why, that's why I love you
'Cause you are, you are the one who
The one who loves my flaws
Sometimes, I get a little unsure
A lot insecure
Sometimes, I know I might say some words
That might cause some hurt
Sometimes, I get in my own way
I'm way too much to put up with
But you put up with it all🎶

I wiped a few tears as Krista belted out the notes so beautifully and really listened to her sing her heart out. This was the perfect song for her voice and an even powerful message behind it.

She ended the song with a flawless run and the whole auditorium cheered and gave her a standing ovation.

I walked back to my seat and wiped some more tears from my face as I sat down.

"Baby did you hear Krista sing your song?" I asked Kierra as she wiped a few of my tears and kept her hand on my cheek.

"Yeah Mamas, she did amazing. Did you know she was going to sing my song?" She asked me.

"Nope she told me it was a secret just like she told you." I said.

"Do we really have to stay to watch the rest of the kids? Kris gave the performance of the night." Ki asked.

"Yes baby, we gotta stay." I placed my hand on top of hers as we both laughed. But my laughter quickly died once I realized we had an audience watching us: Beyoncé, Michelle, and Kelly.

Me and Kierra realized this at the same time and I slowly turned towards them and could see amused faces on all of them, especially Michelle.

I groaned and sunk in my seat.

"Oh don't get all shy on us now. Can't wait for dinner, Mamas." Michelle said. Kelly laughed and Beyoncé popped Michelle's leg.

The talent show was finally wrapping up and Krista ended up getting second place to a girl who performed a beautiful ballet piece.

I told the girls to go ahead and head to my house while we waited for Krista to come out.

"KRISTA!" I yelled as she came running up to us. I was the first to give her a hug. She hugged Kierra next and the littles after.

"Did you like the song?" She asked looking between me and Kierra.

"Did we like it? We absolutely LOVED it Krissypooh. I'm so honored you chose one of my songs." Kierra said, giving her another hug and kiss on the forehead.

"C'mon, we gotta head back to the house. We have special guests who came to see you and we'll be having dinner with them." I told her.

"Really?!? Who is it?" She asked excitedly.

"It's a surprise. Now we gotta go." We got into the car and I safely sped down the road to head to the house.

We pulled up and I noticed there was an all white Range Rover parked alongside our mailbox. I unlocked the door and told the kids to head straight to the kitchen with Ki while I waited for the girls to walk up to the porch.

"Ready ladies?" They all shook their heads excitedly as I led them towards the kitchen.

"Krista can you come here please." I called out into the hallway.

"Ma why is there so much food & it's just—"
She turned the corner and got the shock of her life as Destiny's Child stood before her.

"Ahhhhhhhh" she screamed so loudly as she ran towards them for a group hug. The ladies each gave Krista a big hug as they congratulated her on an awesome performance.

Krista's face was priceless and the littles were so confused as to why she was carrying on like this.

"Mommy is this a dream? Yeah this gotta be a dream. This can't be my life right now." Krista turned to me in total disbelief.

"Yes baby. C'mon we have lots to talk about over food so let Michelle go Kris. She can barely breathe baby." I joked. Krista had her arms around Michelle's waist in a tight grip.

She unwrapped her arms and gave the ladies space.

"Please feel free to take your shoes off and get comfortable. The bathroom is the first door right here if you need to freshen up." I pointed out to them. They started taking off their shoes in the foyer as I did with mine and walked towards the kitchen. Ki had already lined up the food on the counter as I washed my hands in the sink before turning on the burners to keep the chicken, shrimp, and beef warmed.

We had a nice station going on with tortillas, soft & hard taco shells, all the toppings including bowls of homemade guacamole, salsa, salsa verde, and pico de gallo.

The ladies appeared in the kitchen.

"Wow this spread looks amazing. Did you cook all this Erica?" Kelly asked me.

"Yep, Mexican food is my specialty. Everything is ready so let's say grace before we eat. Ki can you pray?" I asked her.

"Sure." She led a quick prayer as we stood in the kitchen and once she was finished we made our plates. I decided to let the littles sit down and make theirs first.

"Moe sit down, I'm making your plate." Ki told me as I pulled Zaya's barstool up to the counter. They wanted to sit up top while everyone else sat at the kitchen table.

"I'm fine Ki. Go ahead and finish yours." I waved her hand off.

"Monique it wasn't an ask. Please sit down." Ki said. I gave her a once over and knew she wasn't backing down so I sat down at the table.

Michelle and Beyoncé were already sitting down and just stared at me as I sat.

"What?" I asked them.

"Oh nothinggggg." Beyoncé said in a singsong tone. I squinted my eyes at her as they both laughed.

Kierra sat my plate in front of me as she did the same with hers. We had fun conversations going on throughout dinner and it was nearing the littles bedtime before I told them to throw away their trash and get ready for bed.

They waved goodbye to everyone and rushed upstairs.

"Thank you E such for a wonderful meal. Those were some bomb tacos and the best I ever had for sure." Kelly said rubbing her belly. Everyone agreed.

"Thank you Kels! Glad y'all liked it." I said.

"So Krista, do you want to be a singer when you get older?" Beyoncé asked her.

"Yes ma'am. I want to sing like Mommy, KiKi, and all of y'all." She said.

"You have a voice on you lil mama. Keep it up." Beyoncé encouraged. Krista looked at me in awe and I knew that meant a lot for Beyoncé to tell her that.

"Thank you. I will!" She said.

"Soooo KiKi told us how you were feeling about your skin tone and about the boys at your school, and we wanted to talk with you about that. Is it okay if we do?" Kelly asked her. Krista shook her head yes and explained to them the same things she told me back in Dallas.

This time, I remained silent as we all listened to her feelings and let Kelly lead the conversation.

She expressed how she felt the exact way about being darker skinned and how she even felt jealous with Beyoncé at one point because of it before she started embracing her own beauty.

We all shed a few tears at the table during this talk and both Kierra and Beyoncé chimed in on being the chubby one out of their peer group growing up and how Ki became confident in her "juice" in her adult years.

"So anytime you're feeling down about boys or just want to talk about anything, you now have 3 new aunties to talk to okay?" Michelle said.

"Okay, thank you so much for taking the time to come to my talent show and talk to me. This is seriously the best day ever." Krista said.

"I think it's time for bed KrisKris." I told her.

"Ah man, really Mom?" She said.

"Yes really, it's way past your bedtime and don't be all up on your phone either." I told her. She sighed but stood up to hug everyone at the table and offered to throw away everyone's trash. She ran up the stairs and it was as if we all heard her take that last step upstairs when all eyes were on me and Ki.

"Now that the kiddos are tucked away in bed, y'all got some heavy tea to spill for us." Michelle fired off.

Ki groaned next to me but I knew it was coming as soon as Krista left the room.

I looked at Ki and gave her the look. We were both okay with them knowing about us.

"Alright so what y'all wanna know?" I asked.

"The obvious duh. Are y'all in a relationship?" Kelly asked.

"Yeah, next March will make it one year we've been together." I said. Their eyes bugged out in total shock.

"Damn I wasn't expecting that. I thought y'all was just overly affectionate besties." Beyoncé said.

"Nahh Bey, the look in their eyes when Erica came back to her seat gave it all away. And when Ki gave her that look to make her sit down so she could her fix her plate told me everything I needed to know." Michelle said. I playfully rolled my eyes at her observations.

"So like, how did this all happen and does your family know?" Kelly asked. Kierra decided to give them the entire rundown and none of the ladies seemed like they were in a rush to go home.

After awhile we all fell into a groove and started cleaning the kitchen, packing up the food, and talking some more about literally everything. Kelly made sure to fix her a to-go plate before we settled into the den.

I poured us all glasses of red wine and had an R&B mix going in the background as they asked us all the questions in the world. We didn't mind it one bit and it felt good to share our story with people who weren't judging us.

"So have your Moms come around yet. It's been like a month since y'all told them, right?" Beyoncé asked. We shook our heads no and they all looked at us sympathetically.

"Haven't spoken to my parents since that day and I really feel like my Mom wants to talk to me but she doesn't want to go against my father." Kierra said in a sad tone. I rubbed her back.

I know this is really affecting her and she's acting as if it's not a big deal when it really is. She's the biggest Mommy & Daddy's girl ever.

"So do y'all see your relationship going the distance and possibly being married?" Michelle asked.

"Yeah we do. We talk about marriage all the time." I said looking at Ki with all the love in my heart.

"Awww y'all are just the cutest! I'm totally here for this!" Kelly exclaimed.

"So will you eventually tell the public?" Beyoncé asked. In all of her questioning, hers were always focused on the NDA part of how we told certain people in our family & how we were able to be together for basically a year without the public getting wind about us.

"We had lots of talks about that and we don't think we'll share it anytime soon. We want to keep our relationship as private as we can and hopefully stretch it at least until Krista graduates from high school." I said.

"Right. You already know what will go down if the public found out that two female gospel artists are together so we'd rather just live in our own little bubble." Ki added.

The ladies all nodded in agreement.

"Well I hope it goes without saying but we fully support you two and we're happy that you felt safe enough to share this most intimate peek into your life." Michelle said.

"Aww thank you. We've known all of y'all for so long and thank you for accepting us. It's been quite the year but I'm glad we have safety in you three." I said.

"Awww group hug!" Kelly stood up and we all laughed but obliged.

We talked some more about random things before the girls decided to leave. Beyoncé actually invited us and the kids for Thanksgiving at her house and we immediately said yes. She promised that it'll be a small group and that we didn't have to bring anything.

Kelly grabbed her to-go plate from the fridge before catching up with the ladies to place her shoes back on. We hugged one more time as Kierra and I stood in the doorway to watch them drive off.

"What an amazing night huh?" I wrapped my arms around Ki's waist and looked up to her a bit. She's a good two inches taller than me and loves to gloat about that.

"Babe this was a great girls night and I'm still pinching myself that it was with Destiny's Child." She squealed.

I laughed and pecked her lips a few times. She picked me up and I placed my arms around her neck.

"You sleepy baby?" I asked.

"Nope, you Mamas?"

"Nah, I have a few things we can do tonight." I smirked. Her eyes lowered as she licked her lips and walked us up the stairs.

"You better be quiet Moe."

"I'll try but I can't make any promises."

****COMMENT, LIKE!****

💜💜💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 47.5K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1M 55.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
646K 14.5K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.