Chapter 5

Kierra's POV

It's two weeks after everything went down at Erica's house and I can honestly say that our families will never be the same.

I'm currently at my office with my best friend & business partner, Shamika, as we discuss business and catch up on life. She's been on vacation and I've been so caught up with Moe & work that I haven't had a chance to catch her up to speed.

"Sham, what's this email about an audition about? It doesn't have any details in the email?" I asked. We were currently working on our computers in our lounge area where there are tons of pillows and a comfy couch.

"Oh yeah, Holly forwarded this to us late last night. She couldn't provide the details through email but told me it's a Lifetime movie they're working on for The Clark Sisters." Shamika said. My eyes popped out.

"What?!? A movie on my Mommy & aunts? That's so cool." I said. "Wait, why they didn't tell me about it?"

"Well they were probably under contract until the deal went through. But anyways, get ready within the next week or so to fly out to LA for your audition. You'll be going for the role of your Mom." She said.

"My mom?" I scrunched up my face.

"Yeah that's the role they want you to audition for."

"I don't get a choice in who I can play? I have the personality most like my Aunt Niecey." We busted out laughing at the accuracy.

"Now you know you look and sound just like your Mama and that would be too messy for production to cast you as your Aunt." She said.

"True but I can't just assume I'll get the part because I'm her daughter. I have to work for it and prove myself." I told her.

"Yeah but I have a good feeling you'll do great. Your fans will have a riot if you don't get casted as her." She laughed. I shook my head and looked at the rest of the emails I needed to run through with her.

"OH Sara, before I forget, we gotta talk about what happened when you told your parents about you and Erica." She said excitedly. Sara is a nickname Shamika gave to me that she randomly started saying and now's it's stuck.

I rolled my eyes and got up off the couch to sit back at my desk.

"Oh Lord, was it that bad?" She asked.

"Do people in hell want ice water?"

"Shut up fool. Now tell me what went down." She happily rolled a chair next to my desk, looking like she was about to hear the juiciest tea ever.

"So I hosted dinner at my house & it was Mommy, Daddy, J.Drew, Auntie Dorinda, Nikki, & Auntie Jacky who all came over. Food was great & conversation was cool until it was time to move everyone to the living room and break the news. Basically, everything I told you about how Erica's mom reacted was how Auntie Jacky and Daddy reacted times 10. Fortunately, it wasn't hard getting them to sign those NDAs beforehand. Once I broke the news, Daddy was pissed and if you think he went overboard on J. Drew on our reality show, that was mild compared to this night. The way he talked to me was as if I was some random nigga off the street and he left the room just like Tina did. The look he gave me broke me down so bad. Mama didn't talk at all but still stayed in the room as I basically cried while J.Drew, Nikki, and Auntie DoeDoe consoled me. Aunt Jacky eventually calmed down, stood me up and gave me a hug. That hug made me cry even more." I said.

"Now I know J. Drew had to say something dumb when he found out." She said. I started laughing at the memory and shook my head yes.

"Girl why this fool legit didn't believe me when I said it to them. He was being in denial but I kept asking him why would I just randomly break this type of news to them knowing how they all are and feel about gay people. Then he started asking me for proof just like Krista did so I showed him a few pictures and videos and he started cackling. Like literally hollering with that obnoxious laugh and you already know the sisters are nosy so they wanted to see what I showed him. That's when it really clicked to them." I said.