Chapter 8

KRISTA'S POV
Present day

I was chilling in my room waiting for my siblings to get ready because I was taking them out for dinner and ice cream. It's been awhile since I spent time with them and I wanted this weekend to be extra special before I go back to New York.

"Krissy!" I turned from laying in my bed to look at Kai standing in the door.

"Yea Kai?" She walked up to me with shoes in her hand.

"Can you help me?" She asked.

"Sure." I got up and tied her shoes and grabbed my keys and purse to leave my room. We walked hand in hand downstairs to wait for Wozy & ZayZay.

"And where are y'all going?" Mommy asked as she laid on the couch with Mama.

"We going out for dinner & ice-cream." I said. I snapped a picture of them boo'd up.

"You better not post that." Mommy said.

"Girl why would I do that? I know the rules." I said.

"As long as you know." She said laughing.

"Ooh can you bring me back butter pecan." Mama said.

"Sure, what about you Mommy?" I asked.

"Uh bring me back whatever you get." She said.

Zaya and Wozy finally came down and we headed to Mama's car. I didn't want to switch Kai's booster seat in my car.

"Okay where y'all wanna eat at?" I asked, pulling off down the road.

"Let's go to Shake Shack or Buffalo Wild Wings?" Zaya suggested.

"Kai you want wings or a burger?" I asked her.

"Wings." She said. I shook my head. She's such an Atlanta baby.

It didn't take long for us to get to the restaurant and I helped Kai out of the car and picked her up. She didn't need to be picked up but she's my little baby.

"Hi, welcome to Buffalo Wild Wings. How many are with you?" The hostess asked.

"Just us 4." Wozy answered. We walked towards a booth and I slid into one with Kai next to me. I gave her my phone so she could play games.

A waiter came to get our drinks and food order. I wanted to get my siblings attention before we ate.

"So one of the reasons why I wanted to have this dinner is to see how y'all heads are about this whole Essence cover. I know once it drops, things will be different." I said to Zaya and Wozy.

"Yeah I already know I'm going to get in trouble." Zaya said. We all laughed.

"Why you already say that Zay?" I asked.

"Because they always get at me about my mouth and I know the people on social media and at my school are going to say slick stuff about it. They already don't like me because I'm head of the dance team and somewhat popular. I don't even be doing stuff or acting like I'm allat but they stay hating." She said.

"It's true. Seeing all the social media comments and stuff about her is ridiculous. I've already been suspended twice for fighting about her." Wozy said. My eyes popped out of head.

"Suspended? Why y'all ain't tell me this?" I asked.

"Because it wasn't that big of a deal and plus you busy with the plays and we didn't want to bother you." Zaya said. My feelings were a little hurt.

"Y'all can always tell me anything. I wanna know every little thing that happens to yall. I'm all the way up in New York by myself and I miss y'all so much." I said.