The Writer's Assistant (ManxM...

By letsgohomehidee

The one rule Daniel has for himself? Don't date your boss. And it's the one rule he can't help but break. The... More

✏Summary✏
✏Author's Note✏
Chapter 1: Oliver Carl...Son?
Chapter 2: 'Tell that to your ex'
Chapter 3: A Pickle
Chapter 4: A Monstrous Call
Exclusive Chapter: Oliver's POV
Chapter 5: Blue
Chapter 6: A hobbit
Chapter 7: Cats > Humans
Chapter 8: Polka dots
Chapter 10: The Boutique
Chapter 11: Black Suits and Ex's
Chapter 12: Are You Gay?
Chapter 13: Love Me Not
Chapter 14: A Chemical Reaction
Chapter 15: Step on me daddy
Chapter 16: An Urgent Matter
Story Branch: Aaron's side story
Q&A + character interview
Chapter 17: Strangely Perfect
Chapter 18: Drawing the Line
Chapter 19: Daddy material
Chapter 20: Love Sick
Chapter 21: Fantasies
Chapter 22: A Red Flag
Chapter 23: Touch Yourself
Chapter 24: Spread Your Legs
Chapter 25: A Quickie
Chapter 26: The Straightest Man Alive
Chapter 27: Ex's and Hoes
Chapter 28: Watashi wa numero dos
Chapter 28: How Many Fingers?
Chapter 29: All the way in...
Chapter 30: Swimming Date
Chapter 31: Waterproof Underwear
Chapter 32: Drowning
Chapter 33: Wet in the Public Showers
Chapter 34: Slow Strokes
Chapter 35: Sinking Deeper
Chapter 36: Gym Buddies
Chapter 37: Public Shower Stalls
Chapter 38: Captain Pussy
Chapter 39: Skinny Dipping
Chapter 40: Lilies and Roses
Chapter 41: Surprises
Chapter 42: Inside-Out
Chapter 43: A Squirter
Chapter 44: Congratulations, it's a girl!
Chapter 45: A Writer
Chapter 46: An Uncertain Future
Chapter 47: Forgive and Forget
Chapter 48: Bloody Mary
Chapter 49: Butt Dialling and Strippers
Chapter 50: The Villain in my Book
Chapter 51: Make-up Sex (SMUT)
Chapter 52: Hollywood's Best Gay Actor
Chapter 53: Oliver x Aaron
Chapter 54: The Last Interview
Chapter 55: Boyfriend and Lover
✨Published✨

Chapter 9: Drop dead gorgeous

14.3K 1.5K 983
By letsgohomehidee

A/N: Sep 24, 2022

Hey everyone! Last update of the month, thank you for being patient 😊

I'm consistently updating another one of my books, "My Lovely Roommate." A new chapter has been released today if you'd like to check it out!

✏✏✏

Oliver was not happy when he found out that we were at a barbershop. He begrudgingly sat in the chair, his arms crossed over his broad chest. He was giving me the silent treatment. He wouldn't even turn my way. I apologized, telling him that it was for the interview, but he raised his hand and said, "Talk to the hand."

The barber put a photo album on his lap and asked him which haircut he'd like.

"Shave it all," Oliver said. "I want to go bald."

My eyes widened. "No!"

"Then give me a Mohawk. I bet I'd rock that."

Whether the pun was intentional or not remained a mystery to me. I quickly took the album and smiled stiffly. I flipped through it and found a more conventional haircut.

"How about we go with this one?" I suggested. It was a curtain fringe.

"I'm thirty two and you want me to look like a high schooler?"

I pursed my lips. "Hmm, what about this one?"

It was an undercut with short textured hair. I honestly didn't know what would look best on him since I didn't know what his face shape looked like. It would be easier if I could see his face and not his beard.

"I'd like to shave my head," he said.

I looked at the barber who seemed perplexed. I pointed at a different haircut and said, "He'll go with this one."

"No, mother," Oliver said, and I snapped him a look. He remained indifferent.

"So we'll go with the undercut?" The barber asked, referring to the photo I chose.

"Yes," I blurted before Oliver could.

"What about the beard?" the barber asked.

"I'd like to shampoo it," Oliver replied, stroking his beard pensively. "What conditioner do you use? I have quite sensitive hair."

Camilia texted me saying that it would be best if Oliver shaved his beard. I honestly didn't see the problem with his beard. Sure, there was a lot of... hair, but there was nothing wrong having one. Camilia begged me and said that he needed to shave it for this interview and that he could grow it back if he wanted.

"What if we shaved it?" I suggested nervously. This time, Oliver was the one who stabbed me with a death glare.

"The beard stays."

"I think we should shave it for the interview," I murmured.

"I'm going to feel like a naked mole rat."

"What if we trimmed it?" the barber suggested. "We don't have to shave it off completely."

I cast him a grateful look. Oliver closed his eyes and sighed.

"The last time I shaved my face was when I was in the military." The tone of his voice had changed. He opened his eyes and there was a look inside of them that I couldn't quite put my finger on. He sighed before saying, "I don't want to trim it."

The barber was about to say something, but I stopped him.

"Alright, we won't force you," I said, hoping it would make him feel better. It was clear there was a deeper reason why he didn't want to shave his hair, and I didn't want him to feel bad. I knew getting a haircut was a already a big step for Oliver.

I didn't realize how rigid his shoulders were until he leaned back into the chair. Was he that nervous? I felt bad for making Oliver cut his hair, but Camilia was right. You had to look your best when going to interviews; Oliver was a celebrity. He may not be an actor or a singer, but he still needed to take care of his reputation. While the barber started on Oliver's hair, I left to book a meeting with the stylist.

Oliver needed new clothes, and we had to buy him a suit and tailor it to his size. I made sure to stop at a nearby donut store. I didn't know which one Oliver would like, so I got all the funkiest flavors I could find: caramel popcorn with sprinkles, maple and bacon, red velvet with pistachio whipped cream, and some other colorful ones. The owner of the donut store was happy I bought so many donuts.

"I've added an extra donut inside," she said when she handed me the box. "We give one for free to every client who buys a box of six."

"Oh, thank you. What flavor is it?" I asked.

"It's a surprise," she winked.

I smiled. What a kind lady. I left her a tip and left the store. The barber told me that they should be finished by three, so I ran some errands before returning to the barbershop. I was surprised to see a handsome man sitting in the chair, getting his hair dried.

He looked like he'd stepped out of a GQ magazine. His dark, copper-colored hair was thick and wavy, and cut shorter on the sides. He had a dangerous, square jaw and beautiful fair skin.

The hazy afternoon light that came through the windows made him look beautiful and dissolute, making him look like a golden deity. A few strands of wet hair fell over his eyes, and the light made them look like streaks of gold. He wasn't completely shaven, which made him look manlier. It wasn't the type of face I was used to. Most guys in the industry were fully shaved and liked to have a younger, cleaner look. This man was rough and sexy.

I tore my eyes away from him and looked around, remembering that I was here for my job.

Where was Oliver? Was he still getting his hair washed?

"Are those donuts?"

My heart froze. No, there was no way...

I slowly turned toward the beautiful man and stared at him blankly. He stared back, his blue eyes looking as bright as a spring lake.

"Oliver?" I stammered.

"Hi."

He was Oliver? Behind all that hair was a gorgeous man?! I stared at him, still not believing my eyes.

"You brought donuts?" His blue eyes were glued to the box. Yup, that was definitely him. The barber removed the cape. I was a hundred percent sure it was Oliver when I saw his cartoon T-shirt.

"What do we think?" the barber asked with a grin.

"He... You... Amazing," I stammered.

My eyes met Oliver's gaze. "I thought you said you didn't want to trim your beard."

He raised a strong shoulder. "Changed my mind. Hair grows back anyway. I still have time to look like Gandalf."

My lips split into a smile, and I laughed. I genuinely laughed. And for some strange reason, I felt proud of him.

"You look amazing."

When he had long hair and a beard, he looked like a soft, fuzzy man. Now... Now he looked like a man who could ruin you. He was devilishly handsome. Add that to his height, his broad shoulders, and his hard body... He was bound to attract attention.

We paid the barber and returned to the car. Oliver smelled nice and clean. Women walking by did double takes when we walked past them in the parking lot. Oliver was too busy eating his maple and bacon donut to notice.

"Are we going home now?" he asked.

"We still have one more place to go."

"Wait!" He exclaimed, stopping me before I could start the car. I looked at him in surprise and worry, my brows knitting together. Did he forget something at the barbershop?

"Let me eat a donut first."

I stared at him for a long moment. I looked away and was surprised to find myself laughing. I looked at him with a smile, and noticed that he was staring back.

"What?" I asked.

"You have a nice laugh."

I felt my throat bob.

"It sounds like a seagull."

My jaw dropped and I pushed him. His body was so solid he didn't even budge.

"I'm kidding. You sound like a happy man."

I blinked in surprise. A happy man. They were such simple words, but they felt like the greatest compliment. I looked away to hide the blush working up my face.

"I'll start the car once you're done eating," I murmured. When he leaned in to take another donut, I glanced at him and noticed he had a piece of cut hair stuck near his lower lashes.

"You have a piece of hair," I said.

"Where?"

"Here." I pointed near my eye to show him.

"Can you get it for me?"

He didn't even try to remove it himself, coming nearer. I sucked in a tight breath when his beautiful face was inches away from mine. My heart did a strange jump and I felt heat in my cheeks. Fortunately his eyes were shut. His lashes sweeped over his cheeks, and for a moment, I could hear blood rushing through my ears.

I shouldn't be feeling this way. Oliver is my boss. We have to maintain a professional relationship. Besides, he seems straighter than a ruler. Actually, Oliver could be so bizarre that sometimes I felt like he was a completely different species. But queer? There was no way... Absolutely no way.

I carefully removed the hair, my fingers gently grazing his warm skin. His eyes opened and I suddenly felt like was like staring into the ocean.

"Is it gone?" He asked. My heart raced quicker inside my chest, but I managed a nod.

"Mhm."

"Daniel." I stiffened when he said my name. "What would you do if I kissed you?"

"What?!" My head jerked back so hard, I hit the window behind me. I hissed in pain.

"Ouch," I grumbled, and he stared at me blankly. What would I do if he kissed me? My heard pounded harder and harder against my chest, and my throat went dry. Having a gay panic on the job was not an ideal situation.

"I didn't meant to startle you," he said softly, but I could sworn he was fighting a smile. "I was asking because I'm trying to write a scene in my book. The protagonist is in a car with her love interest, and I'm writing her reaction when he tries to kiss her. I thought I'd get some inspiration from you."

He smiled. I didn't know he had dimples.

"I hope you didn't hurt yourself," he said, gently rustling the back of my head. I felt my heart explode.

"I'm fine," I stammered.

He nodded before grabbing a donut with his other hand, leaning back into his seat. He happily munched on it while I spun my head the other way, almost pressing my nose against the window.

Did Oliver just pat me one the head?

My chest tightened and my heart sped faster inside my ribcage; and I knew at that moment that I was doomed.

✏✏✏

A/N: We were almost to 700 votes in the last chapter! If we reach 700 on this one, I'll write an exclusive bonus chapter on Wattpad :)

Here are some ideas of bonus chapters. Please vote your preference!

•Oliver's POV

•Aaron's POV

•A mini side story

•Chapter on Daniel's past (when he worked and dated Aaron)

•Suggestions if you have any!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 285 19
Leaving is easy. You pack a bag and some supplies a way of transportation. It's returning that's hard. Especially when you leave with two others and...
15.3K 116 66
The protagonist is a gamer girl. Her name is Y/N (Any girl name btw. Her default name would be Beccy). She is 18 years old and she goes to an abandon...
7.2K 48 71
when the food is free has a group chat SHIPS INCLUDED: -two hands two stans (obviously 1) -stapoldy (obviously 2) -mentioned past tacobell -(later on...
924 60 4
"You have loved her ever since she walked through our college dorm." "She didn't walk, she ran. And she was yelling at you, how could I not?" New Gir...