๐“๐ก๐ž ๐„๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ก ๐‡๐จ๐ซ๐œ๏ฟฝ...

Por oxAmoristxo

"You're absolutely infuriating." He breathed out, pressing her body against the bookshelf with his own. His d... Mรกs

Cast and Author's Note
Part One
0.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
Part Two
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
63.
64.
65.
66.
NOTE
67.
68.
69.
70.
71
72.
73.
74.

62.

3.6K 178 95
Por oxAmoristxo

Chapter Sixty Two

February 23rd, 1947

Albus seemed deep in thought as the conversation came to a close, all three students squirming in their seats uncomfortably as they waited for a reaction.

"Forgive me, children, as valiant as your actions have been, this is much too serious of a matter for you to go out solving on your own" he scolded gently, his twinkling eyes still staring in the distance. They shrunk in their seats, chins tucked in shame. "Unfortunately, considering all that has happened, it is impossible to say that punishments won't be given to whoever took part."

    They nodded in understanding.

   "Now, before we inform the Ministry, I'd like you to bring the Slytherin boys so that they may give their stories as well. The more witnesses, the easier it'll be to take action against Mr. Crudith. Along with this, I need to warn you Miss Warrens." Myrtle straightened. "The Ministry will need proof that it was indeed Mr. Crudith that burned this broach. They may also look into other memories apart from that night."

     "Yes, professor."

     Fabula bit her lip nervously as she watched the boys absorb the information she had just given them. The library had never sounded so quiet before.

     Rosier was the first to say something. "You told Dumbledore?!" he hissed before turning around and throwing out his hands in exasperation. The rest of the Slytherin boys looks just as stressed; Dolohov rubbing his face, Lestrange and Malfoy shaking their heads, Avery nervously looking between Dolohov and Fabula, Nott sitting with his head in his hands, and Mulciber quirking his leg up and down with folded hands. "We don't even have evidence apart from the letter—"

   "We do have evidence. The broach I gave to you. Dumbledore said that the symbol on it is the Deathly Hallows—"

   "You've already told us that, Bulstrode," Malfoy rolled his eyes.

   Fabula gritted her teeth in turn. "If you'd just listen further, you'd know it's a symbol of Grindelwald." Silence, once more, fell over the Knights of Walpurgis.  As they processed what she had said, their shoulders sagged and sighs of relief left could be heard from them. Their efforts, fortunately, were not as futile as they were beginning to believe. At least they had some sort of explanation as to why they took the help of a mudblood.

    "So, Dumbledore needs the broach, you say?" Dolohov asked.

   "Yes, he needs to show the Ministry, and he also needs our testimonies."

   Abraxas head fell into his hands. "They're going to drag us to court," he groaned. "We're royally screwed."

    "What are you on about, Malfoy?" Nott questioned, raising his eyebrow. They had finally gotten this burden off their shoulders, and now Malfoy was worried?

   "Why do you think they need our 'testimonies'? Clearly Dumbledore knows that a case will be made against Crudith, and we'll be their star witnesses. Do you know how gruelling these cases can be? They suck the life out of you like dementors."

   Fabula's lips parted. She had never thought of that. In fact, the situation just might have gotten even more complicated than before. The Ministry only had a handful of witnesses against Zamoir, and considering they were all students wouldn't help their situation. The lawyers would tear them apart.

    "Just great," Rosier muttered. This was just what he needed to impress his parents, a court case against his name. He most definitely wouldn't be named one of the heroes, not even if the Ministry itself declared so. His parents would disown the minute they hear that he had gotten himself even remotely close to trouble.

   "Well, there's nothing to do about it anymore," Fabula said. "Either way, we had to tell the Ministry."

   They all sighed and grumbled. She was right, this was bound to happen either way. Might as well get it over with as soon as possible.

February 24th, 1947

     "I'm innocent! This is a lie! I'm being framed! You've got to believe me!" Crudith boomed throughout the castle, hands behind his back as two Ministry officials escorted him out of Ravenclaw tower. Students gathered around the area, whispers of confusion lingering in the air. 

What had happened?

Why was Crudith being escorted?

Was he really involved with Grindelwald?

     Fabula, Alphard, Myrtle, and the Knights of Walpurgis stood a little ways away from the crowd with solemn expressions. No one was excited for what was to come next: court cases. Rosier looked the most distressed out of all of them. Papers with their names in the headlines would be published by morning, considering the loud ruckus of reporters outside the castle. Fabula sent him a concerned smile, though he looked away at the last moment. 

     Albus, who stood on the other side of the crowd, gave the group a small nod, allowing them to take their leave. They had already been informed that they would be fetched when needed. The group exchanged glances before they parted ways.

     Fabula hesitated when she saw Evan head in the opposite direction of the dungeons. "I-I'll right back," she said, patting Alphard on the back.

     "Where are you-" his voice faded in the background as Fabula rushed off without another word. She recognized the path to the astronomy tower and quickly followed behind her fellow Slytherin.  She came to a stop once she reached the top of the stairs of the tower. Evan had his head in his hands, elbows stood upon the railing. 

     She took a reluctant step forward, swallowing hard. Was this even right? Rosier had been acting somewhat civil these past few days, though, it didn't mean he was okay with her. 

    "Evan?" His name left her lips before she could process it. 

    Said boy whipped around. He cleared his throat. "Sorry, I didn't know you planned to come here," he mumbled, eyes fixated on the ground as he began to make his way to the stairs. 

     Fabula took a hold of his arm before he could leave. "I followed you here," she said, taking the brunette by surprise. 

     Again, he cleared his throat, avoiding her eyes. "Did you need something?"

   "To know if you're okay," she whispered. The softness in her tone didn't go unnoticed by Evan and his cheeks reddened when he caught eye of the gentle gaze on him. 

   "I'm- I'm fine." 

    "I know you're worried about your parents. If you- you ever need anything, you can... you can come to me. I know things haven't been the best between after..." Evan turned his head away. "Sorry, but... I- I still..." she stopped. 

    Rosier slowly turned back to face the witch, his heart stopping. He gulped. "You still what?" 

   She let out a shaky breath. "I still love you." She had never admitted it before, not even when they were together, but after so much time apart, she couldn't help herself from saying it. What if she never got the chance to say it afterwards?

   "Fabula..." he whispered desperately, his eyes closing just as tightly as his chest constricted. "You can't." 

    "I know." With a pain-filled sigh her fingers loosened their grip on Rosier's arm before gently sliding off. 

     "I'll see you then."

    Fabula nodded, offering him a small smile. "Yeah."

     "Cerys."

    "Hm?" She shifted her head on Tom's shoulder as she picked at the seams of her shirt. The panic they had felt long subsided, and now, they were waiting for something to happen, anything at this point. Her stomach grumbled painfully. More preferably, the arrival of food, she thought, her eyes shifting to her stomach. 

    "Would you please tell me what you did? The worst I can do right now is strangle you."

    Cerys shot him a fake smile. "Ha ha, very funny, Tom."

    He half smiled. "I try my best." 

     Cerys rolled her eyes, lips quirking up ever so slightly. "Yeah, yeah," she muttered under her breath. A few moments of silence later, she spoke up once more. "I didn't do anything. It's the one thing I'm sure of."

    "Why is he after you then?"

   "I've told you, I don't know!" Cerys exclaimed, pulling away from Tom. She was exasperated at this point. Muttering a few colorful things under her breath, she turned away, resting her head against the wall. 

    "I just don't understand-"

    "And you think I do? You're not the only one who's confused here, Riddle."

    Tom sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I know, but you can't blame me for trying to find an explanation."

    "Well, you won't find one with me," she snapped. 

    Tom pursed his lips as he stared at the back of Cerys' head for a moment. He opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by the creaking of a door. The both of their heads snapped in front of them as their shoulders tensed. Cerys shifted closer to Tom, leaning her head to the side to get a closer look at who was entering. 

    It was a house elf. Cerys relaxed ever so slightly while Tom's hardened eyes remained fixated on the elf who carried a small tray with it. It flicked its wrist, the clink of a lock sounding through the room, before it swiftly opened the cell door to slide the tray in. Cerys wanted to jump forward and push the door open all the way, but Tom gripped her arm when he felt her move. 

    "Don't do anything stupid," he hissed in her ear. "We know nothing about this place or who may be around. You'll end up dead before you know it." 

    Cerys slumped down, her longing eyes watching the door shut as the elf left. As much as she didn't like it, Tom was right, they were the ones at disadvantage here. They would be as good as toast without a plan. Accepting her fate, she looked down at the tray placed before them. Four slices of bread, far from fresh, and a glass of water. She sighed, it was better than nothing

    "Who's going first?" she asked.

    "Ladies first," Tom muttered as he eyed the poor excuse of a meal. 

    "Not this time." 

    "Just trying to be a gentleman." 

    "Do you think they really poisoned it?" 

    "They've kept us alive for this long, I don't see why they would kill us now." 

    "But you don't see why they wouldn't either." Tom's silence was confirmation enough. 

    Cerys winced when she felt her stomach twist once more, there was no doubt Tom was feeling the same. With a defeated sigh, she took a slice. "Might as well die sooner than later," she said humorously, though she couldn't wipe the apprehension on her face. 

    Tom watched her cautiously as she took a bite, her face twisting in displeasure before she swallowed thickly. "Well... do you feel like you're dying?"

   "Poison or not, the taste is gonna kill me." 

    Cerys awoke to the sound of a loud, obnoxious creak. Beside her, Tom shook away when, on high alert when he realized someone had opened the door. Cerys gripped Tom's arm when she saw who it was. Tom gently took a hold of her hand as well. Wrapped in a crisp suit, Grindelwald stood before them, his uniquely colored eyes staring down at them in what seemed like a mocking expression, as though reminding them of their defeat and his victory. 

     "Ah, how are you children?" he asked, smirking slyly. The both of them glared at him silently, earning an amused breath in return. "I see you aren't too happy, hm? No worries, I'm sure we can come to a deal. Well, me and the miss, after all, you, son, are just collateral damage. Though, I'm sure you can convince your friend to cooperate with me."

     Gillert watched them expectantly, waiting for an answer as stood with his hands folded behind his back. His eyebrows raised when his expectations weren't met. Impressive.

     "Well, I'm sure at least the little miss knows what I want?" Cerys frowned deeply, before reluctantly shaking her head. The elder wizard smiled a pleased smile. Finally, some sort of response. "No? You don't know?" Again, a shake of the head. "Are you sure?" She seemed annoyed now as she nodded. "Hm. Are you sure it isn't just that you're hiding it from your friend here. After all, terrible things happen to those who meddle with time." 

    Cerys' heart plummeted to her stomach. Tom's eyebrows furrowed as he slowly turned to face Cerys, a questioning look on his face. 

     "Oh, maybe we do know a little bit?" Cerys shook her head vigorously. Grindelwald shook his head, kicking the ground as he smiled knowingly. "Grezelda, please, come in." 

     At those words, a middle aged woman came into the room. Her light brown hair was pulled into a tight bun, revealing her greying hair at her roots. Muddy brown eyes, ones that were a spitting image of her father's, gazed straight back into her own, a small yet playful smile lingering on her lips. Though, that was not what panicked Cerys. It was her necklace that dangled from the woman's neck. 

     "Miss Grahamm, I'd like you to meet Grezelda Grahamm, a devout follower of mine. Oh? Are you curious about the necklace? Well, that one isn't yours."

    Cerys looked at Grindelwald like he had grown a head, but her confusion soon turned to cold hard dread when the woman pulled an exact replica of her necklace from her beige robes. 

    "This one is yours," she spoke, her voice much more gravelly as compared to her feminine features. "But, I wonder, where did you get it? I would have called it a fake, and I did, until I studied the jewel." 

    Cerys felt like someone had knocked the breath out of her, wide eyes darting between the two necklaces. 

     "I-I-"

   "You see," Grindelwald began once more. "When Leane Bellwood told me of another jewel of Avalon, I was quite surprised. We consulted Gezelda here, only to find out that no other person but the Grahamm family was in possession of the necklace, and no one but a Grahamm could be in possession of it." 

     Dread began to seep its way through her blood, prickling at her skin as a thousand thoughts crossed her mind. She wasn't unaware of Tom's intense gaze on her, searching for answers. 

    "Now, imagine our shock when we learned there has been no Cerys Grahamm ever since your  family began. No explanation of where you came from. In addition to that, we learned of a prophecy that recently came out." 

    Spots appeared before Cerys' vision, her head light, face cold, before it soon subsided. She  barely made out the clenched fist from the corner of her eye, but that seemed to be the least of her concerns. 

     "Do you know the prophecy?" Grindelwald's face had grown closer to the metal bars. The blood rushed back to Cerys' head, pounding in her ears painfully. 

'One born without love, the other born without life

Together souls balance, the first darkness, the second light

Once ashes fly into the horizon, towers as tall as the skies

Shall see his demise

Mending a broken night, past, present and future shall begin to unite

Breaking through a dark soul, will soar in light

Unknown layers shall unfold, and then fade into time.'

     "How-"

    Grindelwald grinned. He knew he had the upper hand. "Your professor had a dream. She was reminded of what happened that day and later on reported it to the Ministry. Bellwood has been quite the asset as you can see." Too bad she ran away.

      "What do you want?" Cerys' voice trembled.

     "I want to know what the future holds for me."

     Yes, this is a shorter chapter, but I'm pretty happy with it. I also updated on time for once, so that also satisfies me. I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far!  I'll put the title thing at the start of the chapter when I'm on my phone btw. 

S. Hamilton

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

334 32 14
A timeless rivalry, Y/n Y/l/n and Draco Malfoy sworn enemies, locked in an unmatched discord. Forced-to-be potion partners and years of ceaseless bi...
328K 6.4K 27
'๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ง๐™š ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™จ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™ก๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ฉ. ๐™๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ข๐™š๐™จ ๐™™๐™ค ๐™„ ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช?' ๐™๐™š ๐™–๐™œ๐™œ๐™ง๐™š๐™จ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š๐™ก...
12.9K 494 29
Y/N is a muggle born. All her life she had been taught normal things. But when her Hogwarts letter arrives, she can't help but be giddy with exciteme...
27.9K 835 69
"๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’๐’… ๐’”๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’๐’† ๐’†๐’๐’”๐’†. ๐‘บ๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’๐’† ๐’˜๐’‰๐’ ๐’Š๐’”๐’'๐’• ๐’Ž๐’†." ---------------------- Started: 11/21/20 Completed: ???